What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (15 Viewers)

Saw Killer Kross debuted on NXT this week.

The guy has the creativity level like Bray/Hardy and is huge. Fear for him on the main roster having terrible creative. I can already see Vince backstage "Cesaro, when did you get tattoos?" :cry:  

A lot of publicly traded companies have done this. Need to keep the shareholders happy. 
No doubt, a lot of companies have done this. And WWE has every right to do it and keep their shareholders happy. But the point is, they didn't have to. This wasn't a company that was losing money, this was a company with $500 million cash on hand, just for these types of situations. The money Vince and Linda are spending to re-elect Trump could have kept everyone cut employed for another 6 months. 

Again, they can do what they want. It just continues to be a bad look for the company, and I think it's shortsighted thinking. They could have earned so much good karma with just a simple act of paying some performers to stay home. Have those staying home film some stuff for YouTube/IG/the Network. Make it a "circle the wagons" situation. Instead, its Trumpian way of thinking and doing the quickest dirtiest way to make some quick cash regardless of the carnage left. I was a hypocrite by getting the Network back for WM this year, but I'm cancelling the Network again and won't come back again. I'm still a wresting fan, but not a fan anymore of this brand.

No doubt, a lot of companies have done this. And WWE has every right to do it and keep their shareholders happy. But the point is, they didn't have to. This wasn't a company that was losing money, this was a company with $500 million cash on hand, just for these types of situations. The money Vince and Linda are spending to re-elect Trump could have kept everyone cut employed for another 6 months. 

Again, they can do what they want. It just continues to be a bad look for the company, and I think it's shortsighted thinking. They could have earned so much good karma with just a simple act of paying some performers to stay home. Have those staying home film some stuff for YouTube/IG/the Network. Make it a "circle the wagons" situation. Instead, its Trumpian way of thinking and doing the quickest dirtiest way to make some quick cash regardless of the carnage left. I was a hypocrite by getting the Network back for WM this year, but I'm cancelling the Network again and won't come back again. I'm still a wresting fan, but not a fan anymore of this brand.
What Culture's take on it.

Let's see how many of these released AE "we're not just going pickup any WWE guy" W acquire.

Moxley/Hager looks like it was a booming success as their main event....

Luke Harper doing some cutting edge promos.....

Perfect 10 guy doing whatever the F he's doing....

I'm sure Revival and Matt Cardona will be huge successes there.

But they're not TNA 2.0 BTW

Meh. I'm not sure how much ratings matter with the pandemic. Both shows suck. Empty arena sucks. I guess I never realized how insanely dependent the wrestling business is on a live crowd environment. Even at home watching on TV, hearing the roads of the crowd makes a huge difference. I haven't watched AEW in 4 weeks now. Gotta catch up since I have them saved to my DVR.

Hi guys I'm back from an unfortunate month long banned. Just to say hey and Update you guys what was going on in my life with this. 2 weeks ago Mon my mom tested positive. She was in the ER on Sat and was in and out in 5 hrs. By Mon around 5PM she got her test results back. I was informed a little after and working closing shift. I got my Shop stewards number and asked what I needed to do (I wanted to protect myself before doing anything else) and he said to let my ASD know. I told her and was sent home. I'll admit I was in shock and scared and even in tears when I got home. My mom thought it was her fault I said no I'm just concerned (She's also a breast cancer survivor to pile on this) and also I had what I thought was a sinus infection/allergies but think I may have had the virus. However since I was not showing enough systems I could get tested and when asking some people at work who dealt with similar allergies they all had similar issues. This is the worst part about this thing about not being able to just get tested. I was sent home on 2 weeks quarantine. I got paid for half my shift quarantine I missed that Monday and they'd pay me for he shifts rest of the week. I'm paid quarantine. I'm on the schedule next week. My ASD also out as one of my co workers tested positive (I'm thinking not in my union as I found out from my shop steward and he would've known if it was) so she has been quarantined at her house for almost 2 weeks. My Front End manager wis also out and his fiancé who works with me got sick and now out. Safe to say right now my department needs me as we both work the same department already down one guy Urinal infection and one other who won't work till the virus is over. 

My Dad and I have been OK and My mom is ok now. My dad who is a contractor has a client in his 90s who he has PA over who owes some apartments. He tested positive the customer and died of the virus about 4 days after he was in the hospital. I'd become more of my dad's assitiant while my mom was sick as he needed to set up an email account (He controls the estate and all now) and help him sort through papers and all. Safe to say my quarantine hasn't been boring. Never easy for my dad with this stuff especially when theres screw ups from the insurance policy too the funeral home losing papers or trying to force him to sign stuff he shouldn't. I will be going back to work on Tues. Given I live in PA Gov Wolf has made it mandatory by 8PM Sun that anyone going into stores wears a mask and those who work in the stores wear one. We can refuse service to anyone not wearing one who doesn't have a medical issue to not. Anyone under 2yrs old doesn't need to wear one as well. So Come Tues I'm back on the front lines. 

Ok lets first get to Mania as I got a lot of stuff I can share here right now. 

Mania I give a 6.5

Favorite Matches

Bonyard Match: Best match by far and it was awesome how it was done. Taker wanted to do the ABA character one last time with Kid Rock theme Vince said no it wasn't PG. That was one of the reasons he didn't sign and wasn't on mania. This character he made is the one that everyone agreed on. The Metallica theme with it was awesome. Might be in the minority but other then Ministry Taker ABA is my favorite as when he was this character he looked like my Uncle John who is a mechanic and rides bikes 

Ladder Tag Match 

KO/Seth second half 

Favorite Moment Drew winning the title. He gave a personal message to one of my favorite podcasters as he's a friend and fan of the show. He interviewed him back when he was on the Indies. Knowing more about my heritage and it's more Scottish then from England I'm so happy for Drew. 

Biggest disappointment match of the night was Orton/Edge. That seemed to go too slow and too long and the commentary was terrible. 

I gave Mania matches 1 extra point and as a whole 1 extra point considering the circumstances. 

Onto some news/Rumors then we'll cut to the releases. 

Matt Hardy: hadn’t Matt Hardy left WWE, he would had won the tag titles with Edge and feud with him at Summerslam. That was the next program for both. From my sources

Revival I'll put this with this stuff: The revival was released with no clause. Their original contracts were set to expire April 7th. Wwe and they agreed that extending the contract for injury wouldn’t be productive for either so they let them go on the original terms.

Edge and future plans: now with plans al changed up, wwe is leaning towards giving Edge the ultimate Wrestlemania moment. Early cards given he stays healthy, has him winning the 2021 rumble and winning the title at Mania, the title he never lost.

Now for the biggest of them all also this was before Roman Reigns announcing his wife had 2 buns in the oven. 

Roman Reigns not wrestling rest of the year: Wwe and Roman Reigns have decided he will not go back to action for the rest of 2020. With his immunologist working with wwe doctors decided he’s should not compete again this year. This is why nothing was said about him being off the card. To add to this Ive heard rumors and saw reports Roman was at the tapings but saw some people went home sick. It spooked him. Rey went home with a high fever and Miz had a cold 

WWE employee who tested positive: That was Charlie Caruso 

WWE live audiences again: wwe will not hold live with audience events until Royal Rumble 2021. With Governor Newsome’s directive on California plan to back to normal, Wrestlemania in LA is in jeopardy already. It might be relocated to Tampa.

Last edited by a moderator:
* Now onto talents. Yes NXT talent has pay for 30 days and then free to do what they want; Despite what Meltzer said there are no release clauses in any deals from NXT or Main roster since there is no live TV other then AEW. Any women released would've benefited AEW which is why not many famale talent was released.

* 25% of tv talent was being let go but my source said no one could give him an exact on was and isn't considered TV talent as WWE has so many people in different roles the talent themselves aren't sure what they are.

* WWE released all there producers who do live TV shows for RAW and smackdown. Many are furlough so they could be back. Borash, and others will be from NXT producing the shows.

*I asked my source before the Revival had been released do you expect a lot of WWE releases. This was 2 weeks ago he said he expected more than 20. I contacted a wrestling reporter I've shared info with in the past. He said thats a huge number and didn't believe me. Final cut for roster talent alone was over 20 wrestler.

* Many of them have not competed on WWE for 90 days. Everyone released will get 6 months paid. 

* okay we got clarification. All veteran producers named today were furloughed, they are company not contract. All new hires were fired. Revising count now

* Main roster is reported to get as much as 6 months pay and free to work anywhere. The no competition is academic as there is no other live event going

Lets get to the names. 

I'll lump the 9 producers together as they were Furlough. For those who don't known what that means: they are technically still with WWE just "suspended" until needed 

Writer:

Andrea Listenberger:  She's the new girl on or should I say was on campus. She came up with the Mandy/Otis Storyline that was pretty popular with the IWC. She from what I've been told and seen tweets in support of her was very popular with the talent and very very well liked. One source told me she will be greatly missed as she's one of the few writers who got it and connected and worked with the talent well 

NXT Coaches:

Serena Deeb Kendo Kashin and Ace Steel all furlough. Kashin was a popular Juniorweight champ in NJPW. Deab was part of Punks Straight Edge society 

WWE Wrestling Talent:

Drake Maverick (James Curtin): Most difficult part of the day was Seeing his video. Dammit who was cutting onions. I love Drake and this one is kind of biased in how it hurts. I was at the 205 Live show Royal Rumble SDL in Philly when Daniel Bryan introduced him as the new 205 GM. Loudest pop of the night by far. 

Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers): He's always let go when these moves come. With Ryder now in tow I can see them doing some damaged in the Indies

Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra) , Luke Gallows (Andrew Hankinson): Karl Anderson tweeted the opening of his Machine Gun Gimmick and Gallows went to the LG twitter handle. It looks like the Good Brothers will be going back to NJPW to reinforce their boys in Bullet Club

EC3 (Michael Hutter): Hardly used such a waste of talent they had here. Hate to say it but better off going back to Impact. Would love to see him in AEW teaming with MJF

Lio Rush (Lionel Green): He was released as more attitude issues popped up. If you remember he was gone for about half a year last year and the comes back. He was confronted by Balor and a veteran about bringing his wife into the locker room. He always walked around like his #### didn't stink. This was an excuse to rid themselves of an issue

Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz): Another wasted talent should've went back to NXT) Impact will probably re take him 

Heath Slater (Heath Miller): He's Got Kids you can't release him!!!!!! In all seriousness Heath is a great dude and wrestler he'll be somewhere

Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt): Dear god another wasted talent. Was enjoying him on NXTUK. commentary. He'll be in Impact or somewhere

Kurt Angle: Angle is part of the producers just copied a list I found online he'll be back when they redo live shows

Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe): Sarah was one of the biggest surprises for me given they didn't release War Machine as her Husband Warbeard Ray is in the company still. 

Referee Mike Chioda: This was another shocker. AEW should pick him up to have a legit ref name wise. They got Earl but he's only doing PPVs' and Big matches

Erick Rowan (Joseph Ruud): Per my sources who said Matt Hardy Was AEW bound he's one of the names I'm hearing. 

Primo (Edwin Colon), Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves): They've been living in their home of PR and help their fathers promotion expect them to stay there or maybe MLW brings them in

Mike Kanellis (Mike Bennett), Maria Kanellis (Maria Kanellis-Bennett): This is a biased one as I've met Mike a few times and I'm one of his few Facebook friends he allowed to friend him that wasn't a close friend or family member. Mike and Maria are awesome and I hung out with them when ROH had shows in Philly and tapings for a weekend here. Sad to see them go but they've wanted out for awhile. only resigned as they were again promised stuff that never happened. Mike was suppose to be this big deal in CW division

Zack Ryder (Matthew Cardona): Along with his buddy Brian Meyers they should find something on the Indies and tear it up. NJPW or AEW would benefit them 

No Way Jose (Levis Valenzuela): I have zero idea with this guy. NXT gimmick seemed like an Adam Rose ripoff honestly

Rusev (Miroslav Barnyashev): He's the other name my Source said was AEW bound. 

MJ Jenkins: Not sure a lot about her

Deonna Perora: She had asked her release for awhile. No he's no longer with ROH's Marty Scrull so I doubt she goes back to ROH. AEW would benefit from her 

Really dumb question here..... I know these matches are predetermined, but when I see the wrestlers backstage after a WM win crying and being congratulated, I wonder is that still acting? Do only the losers know they're going to lose? :bag:

:itsstillrealtomedamnit:
Its really emotional no matter what. Like some of us here I'm sure we've all dreamed or as kids played wrestled and pretend to be the WWE champ or some wrestling champ. A lot of these talents work hard and sacrifice their whole life to get that one chance. So when they win those emotions finally come out Its real emotion not predetermined. Drew McIntye admitted to breaking Kayfabe because he was so happy but he was remembering his mom who died wasn't able to even watch on TV him win the title finally. 

To try and answer this:

Yes, I think they consider NXT an equal third brand now. The idea of "being called up from NXT to the main roster" isn't a thing now. It's still more developmental than the other two brands, but the fact that it's the only show that goes head to head with competition outside of WWE (AEW), and the fact that it's still HHH's baby and the indie's fan favorite puts it into equal footing with RAW and Smackdown.

It's your favorite indie band that is now going on tour with the established classic acts and blowing them off the stage. 
Flair won to help NXT ratings. They are getting beaten weekly by AEW. Vince is running NXT now which is ashame and gonna ruin it like he did ECW now. Flair plus other names were sent down to help ratings 

I'm not tuned into like I once was but Taker-Styles was the best stuff I've seen from a WWE match in a several years. THAT kind of stuff will draw NEW viewers. Shame they couldn't agree to new deal with Matt Hardy as is pretty obvious that Jeremy Borash (big role in Hardy Compound stuff) had a hand in that Taker-Styles match.

Obviously don't think you can do that type of match with just anyone. But also stresses the need to build characters. Outside of something involving the Fiend, I can't see any current regular performer they could do this with.

I'd MUCH rather have great taped stuff like that than live wrestling match after wrestling match. I also think you can protect older guys with takes/taped content.
The ironic thing is AEW hit jackpot when Matt Signed. They can do that type of thing now a lot. When things like the boneyard match segments are needed WWE only has The Fiend. Also WWE were idiots as the Orton Segments just put him over again before leaving. WWE was hoping Matt Would resign but like Moxley ended up playing WWE and Vince. Borash did produce the Boneyard match though. From what I heard both AJ and Mark have a good rapport with each other and Mark respects AJ and trusted him which is why he did the match. 

Only saw the entrance on social media, but I have already seen enough Gronk on WWE TV. 
From what I heard Gronk was already a huge flop. I love the guy personality and as a football player despite who he played for but he just is not for WWE. Seemed overly forced the first night as tapings went on WWE seemed to realize that. 

WWE is desperate they are no where near what their goal was for Subs for the network by this time They've lost a lot In ticket and marchandise from live events and ratings down. WWE from what I was told in February as late as a week before the last Saudi show the Prince had yet to pay Vince for the Show in November with the plain issues,. WWE is bleeding money. 

I started posted in a message board group wrestling source news ( another dirt sheet site) and mentioned I was disappointed as the IWC we didn't do more and get up in arms how dangerous it is for Roman to wrestle right now. I've gained a lot more respect for the person behind the character over the last few months. I met a family member of Leati' who's more closer to the USOs side ( wrestler but had to quite do to cancer) from a podcast we listen too. A girl in my area has cancer and one of her goals was to Meet Dwayne The Rock Johnson her favorite wrestler. This girl is 10 yrs old btw. I mentioned something to my buddy like hey who do I go to for this sort of thing and he tells me I'll take care of it get a message to Leati'a (AKA Joe Roman) as he's closer to Dwayne then the USOs are. Well about 4 days after I sent it I see the family of the daughter posting Thank You Dwayne. He sent a 10 minute facebook video to her, gave her an apron with (Do you know what Insert her name is Cooking?) a new last top, a ton of his own clothing apparel and other goodies and said he looked forward to seeing her soon. The local county podcast I listen to I had talked to them and told them hey don't get your hopes up but I might be able to get this girl what she wants. They were all doing Promo challenges on Rock talking about the the girl and all too. I've yet to mention anything the family about me helping nor have I tweeted or IG'd Leati'a with a simple hey thank you for doing that for that little girl. However I know I made a difference and put a smile on her face. This was before all this Virus stuff started. I had so much Respect for Dwayne's family already but this was just special. When I saw his post and video to this girl I was literally in tears. COuldn't help but think would this little girl have gotten even part of her dream without my help. 

I have not heard from the cousin in sometime so I'm a little worried given he's battling cancer himself. Roman didn't have to do what he did as I sent the cousin Video of the news reports and the facebook stuff from the Podcast as well. He did and I'm so appreciative of it. Joe/Leati'a the person is awesome his character sucks and even he apparently agrees with it too 

Watched Fighting with my Family a couple nights ago. Interesting. Anyone know how close to true that story is?

Oddly they didn't include Paige's backstage escapade that was captured on video. :oldunsure:
It's fairly true as Dwayne Johnson did most of the producing and Paige consulted on most of the film. I heard a few parts are exaggerated for Hollywood but not as bad as others. Its pretty to the book as it could be for hollywood

They were not going to go down that road as it was a WWE film. I'm disappointed they didn't do further in her career after winning the title. Not as much as a spoiler as many of us know but I hated how the movie just ended with her Raw Debut and winning the Divas Title. 

Fun Fact Zelina Vega is AJ Lee in the film. I remember when they filmed this scene in LA after a Live RAW. 

Still promoting Reigns-Goldberg as of tonight. I just can’t imagine what this is going to look like this weekend. How do you make this feel big?  
My sources and my co worker who does some production work as an extra when they come to Philly was surprised but now that I heard Roman won't be competing the rest of this year until its safe possible it makes sense and why WWE never mentioned during Mania Roman's name. 

The Table for 3 series was pretty disappointing to me. I only tried one, the Sting DDP Vader one, but that turned into propaganda pumping up the modern WWE talent. I was like WTF.
Check out some of the other ones. The Hardys and Edge and Christin I believe was one. Theres a few others too with Lita/Trish and one other.  

The camera shakes are equally bad.
They shake the camera since half the talent doesn't know how to fake land or sell the punches. I hate when they do chair shots as you never get a look at the actual shot just some stupid nerd camera guy shaking the camera. The cuts and shaking is nauseating and one of the reasons it was so hard to watch the Orton/Edge match. 

Also not sure if it was mentioned but did anyone else think Edge hanging in the weight room was ironic given Vice had just done the Chris Benoit Doc? 

Cena v Wyatt was one of the best things I've seen at WM.  Pretty cool that Cena bought in so completely to the story.  :thumbup:

Not sure how a wrestling fan wouldn't like it.

edit:  My bad.  I posted and then remembered HHH is the golden shovel.  :bag:   :lmao:
I liked how Cena played into it. A lot of theories on this. Some of the stuff older stuff I didn't get (I stopped watching before Cena debuted and watched after Vince/Trump Mania again but went back and saw some of the highlights of the beginning of the era with Cena) but the theory is how Cena was this childhood kid who wanted to live his dream as a wrestler but Vince turned him into this brainwashed version of the new WWE Hulk Hogan. The heel turn at the end when The Fiend wins was fun and speculation he comes back heel at some point or he's done wrestling. Just comes back like Dwayne for one off camera promos 

Also funniest part is the Vince Puppet saying This is GREAT #### had me dying. Couldn't believe they put it in there. There was a lot of inside jokes in there that the IWC would only get too. 

What podcasts are you guys listening to on the regular? I need to do a podcast purge and add in some fresh ones.

Right now, super generic, mainstream listening with The Masked Man Show and Cheap Heat. I catch a lot of WhatCulture Wrestling on YouTube,  I was in one episode one of everything Conrad Thompson was putting out, but I haven't listened in months. So, what entertaining shows are out there?
Going in Raw is fun for the comedy not serious stuff. Those two guys are funny and cool. DO their own WWE2k universe mode storyline on their own which is always good. Okayfabe is pretty good. I listen to Joe Cronin Podcast. He's not for everyone. You need to get his dark humor. Some of the offensive stuff is meant in jest but he's a very good mind on the actual business and Road Dogg Jesse James listen to his podcast. Famous B who was in Lucha Underground follows him and Drew McIntyre is a friend of the show too. Joe is an acquired taste so it depends what you like. Brad Sheppard on Patreon with his guy is fantastic. One of the reasons I like Joe and Brad are they pull no punches. A lot of these podcasters try to not #### on WWE (### kiss them for a job) but from my sources WWE hates people like that because these podcaster thing it'll get them in with WWE. I've been told it just makes you look overly desperate. JDFromNY if you can take the screaming is good. Him and Joe had a falling out but he's got a great mind. He does Commentary for House of Glory in NYC that is owned by former TNA X Div star Amazing Red. He also pulls no punches on WWE. 

It really depends what you want. I refuse to pay for Wrestling Observer. I love Bryan Alvarez but Dave Melter these days is stealing stuff from the other dirt sheets crediting as his own and he's gotten out of touch and his sources inside still are hits or misses now. Bryan is awesome as he's given takes from a wrestlers perspective in ring and doesn't try to big dog Mark you out type. Bully Rays is pretty good pod too. 

What podcasts are you guys listening to on the regular? I need to do a podcast purge and add in some fresh ones.

Right now, super generic, mainstream listening with The Masked Man Show and Cheap Heat. I catch a lot of WhatCulture Wrestling on YouTube,  I was in one episode one of everything Conrad Thompson was putting out, but I haven't listened in months. So, what entertaining shows are out there?
Also Jericho weekly pod is awesome 

Bogart said:
All the money they saved yesterday, $4 million dollars (a month), equals what they paid Goldberg for Mania and Saudi shows, or one-third of a year of Brock. Just when this company can't dip any lower, they dig a new hole at the bottom of the hole and jump in.
The numbers on how much per month they saved is wrong from what I heard 

ShamrockPride said:
Wtf I didn't even know he was having any problems. Legend.
He had cancer awhile back. Buddy of mine saw him 2 yrs ago and he was in rough shape. Told me he didn't see The Fink lasting into his 70s 

Ok AEW from what Ive liked 

Matt Hardy showiing up

Jericho making a promo on a fricken Droid and Jericho on Commentary

Kenny on COmmetary

Kenny/Trent match

Anything Shida does. Seriously I could write pages on SHida give her the dame belt already!!!!

Freshly Squeezed Orange Cassidy doing Freshly Squeezed things

Darby Allin Heel turn

Jake Roberts and Lance Archer (Seriously give this man some props. I saw him live he deserves all the success he gets) 

For as stupid of a match it was Best Friends vs Kenny/Naka

Jon Moxley's Promos 

The Inner Circle Bunch 

Also for those interested and follow Chris Jericho on Facebook he's doing a Saturday Night Special live FB type show for about an 1 1/2 at 9PM EST. Last week he had Kevin Smith on and it was great. 

Jericho on Saturday Night Special: 

He's always sharing cool stories

Thoughts on EC3: Very Talented and he actually did a Stryper concert with EC3. 

On getting Gallows/Anderson: Extended the olive branch for a show the Good Brothers would like to wait a bit before coming on. 

Jericho starts singing Jump From Van Halen 

Fandango match: PO'd he was suppose to wrestle Ryback. had to get him over. Talks about how to get a guy over nickname, mess up the dudes name, let him hit his finisher on you. Jericho finds out he's not going over calls Vince (This after Vince calling him to tell him work with Fandango and Hangs up on Vince) Vince says Take 90% of the match like I said. VKM never told Chris if he was winning or not. He also went to Taker to ask his advice as Jericho hated as Dango never had a TV match. Taker: So? Do it put him over. Ok y2J says he screwed up the finish but leaving Meodowlands Stadium hears people singing Fandango's Theme song. Calls Vince says listen to this: Voice Speaker on Fans singing Dango Theme. Gets back on the phone and said I did my job we just created one of the biggest babyfaced. Also says he had his biggest Mania pay day that mania 

Ends the show doing Detroit Rock City 

Join every Sat night now at 9PM EST now on Youtube and Facebook

If I'm AEW I pass on picking up Rusev immediately. JMO He'll flop like Swagger and Luke Harper (sure he could always turn it around but his return has been terrible IMO). He peaked long ago IMO

Lio Rush would be the guy I'd pick up first out of all the WWE guys if I'm AEW. Fits their product and arguably the best talker of the bunch. And most importantly, wasn't destroyed by WWE creative.

EC3 may be too similar to MJF. I think he'll do fine Impact/indies. Again, I think it's to his benefit that he wasn't used regularly by WWE and their awful creative.

If I'm AEW I pass on picking up Rusev immediately. JMO He'll flop like Swagger and Luke Harper (sure he could always turn it around but his return has been terrible IMO). He peaked long ago IMO

Lio Rush would be the guy I'd pick up first out of all the WWE guys if I'm AEW. Fits their product and arguably the best talker of the bunch. And most importantly, wasn't destroyed by WWE creative.

EC3 may be too similar to MJF. I think he'll do fine Impact/indies. Again, I think it's to his benefit that he wasn't used regularly by WWE and their awful creative.
Don't think AEW will be signing him. Rush has major attitude issues. He was given a 2nd chance won the CW title but I think something happened and he dropped it. No one knows but speculation was there was another incident hence why he hadn't been seen since Worlds Collide. 

Rusev and Harper it sounds like are definitely going to AEW. This was from the same person who gave told me a month or so before Matt was on his way to AEW and then Brodie Lee. So I'm gonna stick that for now since he's yet to to be wrong. I believe he also got a few other AEW debuts right if I'm not mistaken. 

Some interesting stuff from Brad Sheppard 

* From a source in #WWE: “A lot of the talent cuts are not shocking. The bubble was due to burst soon on some of this. We've been retaining a lot of performers strictly because of the PERCEIVED threat of them going to AEW. #AThread

* From a source in #WWE: “A lot of the talent cuts are not shocking. The bubble was due to burst soon on some of this. We've been retaining a lot of performers strictly because of the PERCEIVED threat of them going to AEW. #AThread

* Vince and company are learning that it's time to stop being worried about that happening. AEW can't continue taking every C-D level guy that we let walk, especially during this time.

* I also think that can be a benefit to certain talent. They made their mind up on EC3, for example, many months ago, so why waste everybody's time.I also think that can be a benefit to certain talent. They made their mind up on EC3, for example, many months ago, so why waste everybody's time.

* Vince is miserable over this, for what it's worth. Lots of loyal people from the office who've been on the WWE team for most of their professional lives are sitting at home not getting paid now.

* The return date given to employees furloughed was July 1st, but that isn't concrete. Employees may return sooner or later than that; it's just the date they've been given to use on unemployment applications.

* There’s no word on when the office opens back up. I'm sure Trump has a big influence on what happens. Vince being a Trump guy, you know he'll be first in line to try and open things back up as soon as possible. That could be very good news for the employees furloughed.”

* Vince and company are learning that it's time to stop being worried about that happening. AEW can't continue taking every C-D level guy that we let walk, especially during this time.

* I also think that can be a benefit to certain talent. They made their mind up on EC3, for example, many months ago, so why waste everybody's time.I also think that can be a benefit to certain talent. They made their mind up on EC3, for example, many months ago, so why waste everybody's time.
Tommy Dreamer made an interesting point on Busted Open Radio the other day.  Whether Vince knows it or not, he just flooded the market with free agent wrestlers.  After this is all over, it will be a buyer's market for some of this talent.

I don't know if "C-D level" guy is necessarily accurate.  Those guys may be "C-D" in WWE; but perhaps not elsewhere.  You have to think a guy like EC3 could come back into Impact and be in the upper half of the card. JMO, some of these guys (while temporarily losing a paycheck) will be glad they're gone. Gallows and Anderson I can see going back to NJPW as the schedule and pay would work for them, as well as reuniting with Bullet Club.

Tony Kahn/AEW have previously said that they're not taking just any WWE reject.  The company does need more big men, so I could see Revival coming in, but not Rusev.

Also, the released talent STILL have 90 day no compete clauses, from what I've seen.  Not that there's anything going right now... <_<

Tommy Dreamer made an interesting point on Busted Open Radio the other day.  Whether Vince knows it or not, he just flooded the market with free agent wrestlers.  After this is all over, it will be a buyer's market for some of this talent.

I don't know if "C-D level" guy is necessarily accurate.  Those guys may be "C-D" in WWE; but perhaps not elsewhere.  You have to think a guy like EC3 could come back into Impact and be in the upper half of the card. JMO, some of these guys (while temporarily losing a paycheck) will be glad they're gone. Gallows and Anderson I can see going back to NJPW as the schedule and pay would work for them, as well as reuniting with Bullet Club.

Tony Kahn/AEW have previously said that they're not taking just any WWE reject.  The company does need more big men, so I could see Revival coming in, but not Rusev.
Also, I'm not sure C-D level talent is as big an insult as it's meant, considering the best talent WWE have been able to manufacture at any point in the past 10 years has been B level talent.

Yeah that comment seems more of a Vince taking shots at the guys then anything. Maybe mid or lower mid cards in WWE but AEW or else where no. Gallows/ANderson in Japan were a top Tag Team too 

Users who are viewing this thread