What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (12 Viewers)

Per a Source Recently in the last 24 hrs 

BREAKING: in response to the most recent changes to social media, talent is now looking for ways to go Hollywood, the only way wwe will give you a voice. Some anticipate that 30-40% of the talent will be lost to Hollywood in 5 years.

Proof of that is a lot of talent is now switching over to their real name on Twitter and other platforms and “quoting” their wwe name. If they leave wwe. This has proven successful for Lana, Xavier Woods and others that have done so.

Don't get your hopes up too much folks. Only reason MIZ is champion is to promote Miz and Miss' premiering new season April 12. 

Mickie James is fired up, yo. She posted a picture on IG of a woman who shot a giraffe in Africa. 
I don’t understand why you’d shoot a giraffe, though. 

Lashley should have been pushed to top after his TNA/Bellator run. Not a great talker but infinitely better than his first WWE run. MVP by his side has been good for him. TBH They should use Carlito as a mouthpiece in the same way for another group.

Let's hope we get Lashley main eventing Mania in a Title on a Pole match. 

BRO!

Wait....Lashley isn't really in the title hunt is he? To me he is one of the most overrated, overhyped wrestlers ever. 
I disagree. They've built up Lashley as a killer this past year and MVP as his manager has been $$$. In fact, I've really liked the Hurt Business as a whole.

Wait....Lashley isn't really in the title hunt is he? To me he is one of the most overrated, overhyped wrestlers ever. 
He was suppose to be Vince's next BIG THING to replace Brock but really didn't amount to much. Dry personality and couldn't connect with fans and they didn't buy into him. Best thing before Lashley came back was winning the Hair vs Hair Battle of the Billionaires match vs Umaga (RIP Fatu) between Trump and McMahon. The ECW title run I wouldn't even call it that. It was flat out embarrassing. He has zero personality and zero mic skills as well. 

Awhile back on their Podcast Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson discussed why there was never a Balor Club in WWE or Bullet Club type faction despite the Styles/Balor Match and the tag team reuniting with Balor in 18' for a 6 man match that they won. Karl Anderson basically said WWE wanted to do something with the 4 of them (Remember I reported WWE wanted more faction types which is why they had built a few in NXT at the time) but Devitt turned it down. One Karl says Bullet Club when he joined was a dark time in the Prince's life and he doesn't wish to go back to that. Devitt loved being in the group but unfortunately it reminded him of a difficult time in his life. Another reason was Devitt loved where his Balor Character in WWE was going at the time and didn't want to do anything that might ruin it. He apparently didn't like a lot of the suggestions WWE came up with for the faction and feuds for them didn't make sense. The Good Brothers agreed with this part to an extent as WWE was going to play them off as Cowardly heels and not some big time heel faction that was serious. 

They ended the topic with You can blame WWE for a lot of stuff not doing but you can't blame their effort for not trying to put Balor/Bullet Club faction together. It was something Hunter really wanted and the fact Vince was ok with it was HUGE Indictment. Despite the big push they would get but it was how it was written as well. In the end it never happened. Both joked that Balor sold-out long before they did but they are happy for him and where he's at in his life as they all remain friends. The twitter stuff is just them all making their inside jokes public and Luke said it's funny seeing the iWC flip sh** about it because they don't understand it either. 

Awhile back on their Podcast Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson discussed why there was never a Balor Club in WWE or Bullet Club type faction despite the Styles/Balor Match and the tag team reuniting with Balor in 18' for a 6 man match that they won. Karl Anderson basically said WWE wanted to do something with the 4 of them (Remember I reported WWE wanted more faction types which is why they had built a few in NXT at the time) but Devitt turned it down. One Karl says Bullet Club when he joined was a dark time in the Prince's life and he doesn't wish to go back to that. Devitt loved being in the group but unfortunately it reminded him of a difficult time in his life. Another reason was Devitt loved where his Balor Character in WWE was going at the time and didn't want to do anything that might ruin it. He apparently didn't like a lot of the suggestions WWE came up with for the faction and feuds for them didn't make sense. The Good Brothers agreed with this part to an extent as WWE was going to play them off as Cowardly heels and not some big time heel faction that was serious. 

They ended the topic with You can blame WWE for a lot of stuff not doing but you can't blame their effort for not trying to put Balor/Bullet Club faction together. It was something Hunter really wanted and the fact Vince was ok with it was HUGE Indictment. Despite the big push they would get but it was how it was written as well. In the end it never happened. Both joked that Balor sold-out long before they did but they are happy for him and where he's at in his life as they all remain friends. The twitter stuff is just them all making their inside jokes public and Luke said it's funny seeing the iWC flip sh** about it because they don't understand it either. 
:bs:   Last night in my dreams THE DEOMON+ did his ring entrance and told me the good boys are full of poop....don't believe ANYTHING they say in their new pdoccast, NOR anything that DJAX guy says onthe internets. 

It's basically a consspirracyp between Russo and JJ Dillon.  If the Devvitt club could get what they want they'd rule WWF these days but alas. SAD!

Kenny Omega told Alex McCarthy “Hikaru Shida put together the Japan side of the AEW Womens tournament herself. She really wanted to feature the women wrestlers more, the girls stuck in Japan”

Notes from today's Tony Khan interview with Bryan Alvarez:

Tony said later this week, we will get information on AEW content on various platforms.

Tony said that the AEW and NJPW relationship is in effect, but travel restrictions are preventing talent from being exchanged. Once they are lifted, get ready for some surprises.

Tony said that there will be old and new faces showing up on Dynamite very soon.

Tony said that we will get more news regarding Revolution tomorrow on Dynamite. Huge news is expected.

When Tony Khan saw Tay Conti at an NXT house show years ago, he immediately thought of her as a star. She worked as a manager at that live event.

The old and new faces that Tony was referring to will shake up the landscape of AEW. They could show up at anytime.

Tony said that the sixth participant for the Face of the Revolution ladder match will be revealed at the PPV.

Bryan Alvarez Interviews AEWs Tony Khan

Didn't realize but AEW is having their first Sun PPV as Revolution March 7 

Also I signed up finally for SiriusXM Radio the first tier (no car radio as I don't have one at the moment) and was listing to Eddie Trunk's Podcast. He's a huge KISS fan and the topic today was Favorite KISS Albums that were made without THE ORIGINAL LINE UP CREDITED ON ANY TRACKS OF THE ALBUM. He said this was brought as an idea by his good friend Chris Jericho who has a KISS cover band Kuarentine covering the 80's None Make up version of the band as he always felt that era was very underrated. Jericho joined Trunk for the first hour of the show. 

Jericho is an awesome wrestler but the dude is also a big music guy obviously with his band Fozzy and now this. The cool thing about Jericho though is you could probably talk to him about Metal and Rock and have a few beers and you'd have just as much fun and wrestling never gets brought into the equation of talks unless he's telling you a story about a band or album he got while on a Japan tour or something similar. 

Jericho is an awesome wrestler but the dude is also a big music guy obviously with his band Fozzy and now this. The cool thing about Jericho though is you could probably talk to him about Metal and Rock and have a few beers and you'd have just as much fun and wrestling never gets brought into the equation of talks unless he's telling you a story about a band or album he got while on a Japan tour or something similar. 
He's pretty much of a music buff right up there with Trunk.  Dude knows his hard rock/metal and Christian rock.

Tom Servo said:
Cultaholic is reporting that the Big Show is now ALL ELITE.
He's apparently allowed to wrestle and he's going to do some sort of Commentary. My guess is he's gonna start with AEW Dark commentary and go from there. 

Tony Khan wasn't Shi**ing fans when he said there's gonna be some surprises and he pretty much confirmed the NJPW partnership and do to the pandemic the talent exchange is a bit thing right now. I always like the older Version of Big Show not the last decade or so of the goof 3 months face, 5 months heel and switch a roo every so many months. Dude is one great guy too

Tom Servo said:
He's pretty much of a music buff right up there with Trunk.  Dude knows his hard rock/metal and Christian rock.
yeah he is. I think he did a whole Saturday Night Special awhile back when he started just talking about how Fozzy came together and his biggest influences were. He's also into some of the newer European Metal. His biggest is Kiss 80s era topic as he believes that part of Kisstory is very underrated and honestly when you go back it really is. Kiss when they first started I would say was a great live band more so then studio band but once they had some line up changes especially Bruce Kulick they really threw down on the albums with Eric Carr on Drums as well. 

Joseph Hudson (Jocephus and the Question Mark in NWA) passed away last night.  He also portrayed a young Bruiser Brody in Dark Side of the Ring.

It is believed he either suffered a stroke or aneurysm.  He left behind a young son.  :cry:

Joseph Hudson (Jocephus and the Question Mark in NWA) passed away last night.  He also portrayed a young Bruiser Brody in Dark Side of the Ring.

It is believed he either suffered a stroke or aneurysm.  He left behind a young son.  :cry:
:cry:  Just came to post. 

Awful. Absolutely loved him with NWA.

Really sad news. Loved both roles he played in NWA. Made a special show even more special. 

Kelly Klein files lawsuit against ROH and several executives

Klein alleges that she was terminated from her ROH contract on December 31, 2019 because of “her complaints regarding the disparate pay for WHO female wrestlers, the lack of safety and medical protocols after Plaintiff suffered the concussion in October of 2019, and the sexual harassment at ROH,” according to the lawsuit.

Klein’s complaint alleges breach of implied contract; unpaid royalties; violation of state and federal equal pay acts, and abusive discharge; discrimination and harassment, and unsafe work environment.
And guess who is named as sexually harassing her?  Yup, Jay Lethal.  Once may be an accident and twice is an odd coincidence. Paging Taeler Hendrix...

Kelly Klein files lawsuit against ROH and several executives

And guess who is named as sexually harassing her?  Yup, Jay Lethal.  Once may be an accident and twice is an odd coincidence. Paging Taeler Hendrix...
I'm not gonna defend Sexual harassment of any kind here just to be clear. 

However the two girls involved have a sketchy past. I've heard both have been difficult to work with over the years from people I know and some still with ROH. Hendrix has had numerous issues with people in the past. She has an attitude as well and several people have said she will stab you in the back if it helps her agenda. 

Klein seems to have allegations all over the spot hoping something finally sticks and just throws stuff out there. Her and her ex BJ Whitemore (who works as a producer for AEW) had a tough break up. Kleine cheated on him several times. The break up was not friendly and shortly after she tried telling friends of BJ's he was abusive to her which never held any weight given the times made no sense she claimed. 

Both Klein and Hendrix are also really goods friends. Now with all that said and all, I was not around nor can defend anyone in ROH on any of the allegations. If true people should be held accountable, but given her history I'm hesitant to believe her. It's like the boy who cried wolf too many times. ROH definitely has had it's issues over the last few yrs as well and it's a dam shame what happened to them. ROH was a great local Philly promotion. However once they changed owners they eventually moved HQ to Baltimore and #### on he Philly fans. The OG's of the promotion still take time when they come to Philly to be personable but ROH has forgotten it's past and where it came from and we get treated as just another city they go to now. A lot of the loyal ROH fans here feel they were deserted and I know many who stopped following and supporting them. The Dojo for ROH use to be 20-30 mins from my work and a few guys from the Dojo use to shop in my store. One of the last months the DOJO was around it was when the Bucks were still in ROH and the guys told me they made a surprise visit with Omega and one other Bullet Club member (Name escapes me may have been Adam Cole) and they were telling me about that. 

One of my Co workers who works Night Crew is a huge wrestling fan. Long story short he's one of the people who got me back into it and once I was 18 was taking me to the local shows where everyone was literally sneaking beer to me as I wasn't 21 yet. He's the one that's allowed me to meet Brodie Lee before he was with WWE as Luke Harper, Seth Rollins as Tyler Black, Bryan Danielson, Moxley, etc etc back when many of these guys started and many were with CZW, CHIKARA, ROH etc local promotions. 

Anyway He had some DVDs from old CZW and everything he's starting to let me borrow. First one is CZW Tournament of Death from June of 2014. For those who don't know this Tournament is well known in the hardcore scene as one that measures you with some of the very best in the US. It usually takes place in Delaware given PA's Restrictions on this style of wrestling after changing them after ECW disbandment and a few yrs of CZW being around. The Tournament I have feature Drew Gulak, Joe Gacy, Masada and Lucky 13. One of the Matches is called Fans bring the Dildos so that one is gonna be um pretty interesting to say the least and first match on this DVD. This takes me back to my old days of trading tapes of wrestling with friends 

The AEW Women’s Eliminator Tournament continued on Bleacher Report’s website tonight.

No spoilers, but the 6 woman tag match was fun. I love Maki Ito’s singing after she comes to ring and even during the match. She was formerly in a singing group, but got kicked out. I’m now a fan. 

ETA: Said gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Miz deserved better than that. The running away to get counted out was fine, but the 'stomach cramps' (and implying he shat himself when Lashley attacked him) was bad even by WWE standards. 

Wow. Miz deserved better than that. The running away to get counted out was fine, but the 'stomach cramps' (and implying he shat himself when Lashley attacked him) was bad even by WWE standards. 
Miz deserves way better but that's a broken record with insert any name thats good with WWE these days

I'm watching AEW Dynamite, and Paul Wight just made his debut, and he made the announcement that a Hall of Fame-caliber superstar will be making his debut this Sunday.  That can only mean one individual: three letters R-V-D!!!

I'm watching AEW Dynamite, and Paul Wight just made his debut, and he made the announcement that a Hall of Fame-caliber superstar will be making his debut this Sunday.  That can only mean one individual: three letters R-V-D!!!
Tony did promise more surprises. I've missed most of it tonight so I'll watch it later

Super J podcast announced that Marty Scrull is no longer part of NJPW or Strong in anyway. He did a segment with ROckey Romero last week and apparently numerous people were not happy including talent. Scrull was involved in the #MeToo movement where he had at least 2 accusers both underage back in the UK accuse him of inappropriate behavior. The one girl admitted to being underaged drunk. After a Private investigation by his former Employer ROH where he was the main booker (Recently signed new big deal) he was let go. Really great to see the community holding these companies accountable for trying to employ these scumbags. Disappointed in NJPW on this one as I would've thought they've be one of the last with AEW to even try to sign one of these turds 

Jacksonville Dixie says MAJOR MAJOR star will debut whenever AEW next PPV is.

My guess: Brock Lesnar.

JMO Why they made Lashley champ and we've not heard a peep about Lesnar even though it's Mania season.

Jacksonville Dixie says MAJOR MAJOR star will debut whenever AEW next PPV is.

My guess: Brock Lesnar.

JMO Why they made Lashley champ and we've not heard a peep about Lesnar even though it's Mania season.
Last I heard from people was they were interested but Brock wanted too much money and AEW felt Brock was using them as a stalking horse to leverage a better WWE deal. I mean that could've just been smoke from AEW's side though. 

Users who are viewing this thread