What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (4 Viewers)

That he made you an offer - even a silly one - means he is interested. Any time an owner is interested, you have a shot at getting a good trade done.
I have to respectfully disagree with this. I know trading is a big part of FF, but getting spammed a half dozen offers at a time from one owner, who then emails back incredulously "what, no counter?", is a waste of time. I know opinion is pretty evenly split in the FF community about how to treat owners like this, but honestly, I just hit "reject" and be done with it. Maybe i'm too old to deal with this #####, or maybe i have too many teams... but i have found the best way to get deals done is through email to hammer out the wants of both parties. YMMV
I do hate the spam trade offer approach. If the owner is willing to actually have a good faith discussion after the opening offer, then there's hope. Even if the offer towards you is completely silly, it does provide some information, who they are willing to sell, and who they are trying to buy. Information can be useful, as long as a productive discussion follows.

I'm always keen to receive trade offers but nothing puts me off quicker than a message along with a terrible trade.

Got this last week.

--- Kaunas Buckeyes ---

Trade Away:

Josh Freeman (TAM)

A.J. Green (CIN)

2013 Draft, Rnd 5

Receive:

Jay Cutler (CHI)

Chaz Schilens (NYJ)

2013 Draft, Rnd 4

Comments: Chicago with more no-huddle coming up good for Jay, and Chaz getting most targets (95% as of last week) on offensive plays

When you add in the fact I've already got RG3 it just makes it ridiculous.

That he made you an offer - even a silly one - means he is interested. Any time an owner is interested, you have a shot at getting a good trade done.
I have to respectfully disagree with this. I know trading is a big part of FF, but getting spammed a half dozen offers at a time from one owner, who then emails back incredulously "what, no counter?", is a waste of time. I know opinion is pretty evenly split in the FF community about how to treat owners like this, but honestly, I just hit "reject" and be done with it. Maybe i'm too old to deal with this #####, or maybe i have too many teams... but i have found the best way to get deals done is through email to hammer out the wants of both parties. YMMV
One of my favorite aspects of being in a dynasty league is the psychology of the trade - the gamesmanship. Any time I get to go back and forth via the phone or e-mail, I jump at the chance. I see trading as a multi-year chess game that can last years. So I never see these as a waste of time.

I'm always keen to receive trade offers but nothing puts me off quicker than a message along with a terrible trade.Got this last week.--- Kaunas Buckeyes ---Trade Away: Josh Freeman (TAM) A.J. Green (CIN) 2013 Draft, Rnd 5Receive: Jay Cutler (CHI) Chaz Schilens (NYJ) 2013 Draft, Rnd 4Comments: Chicago with more no-huddle coming up good for Jay, and Chaz getting most targets (95% as of last week) on offensive playsWhen you add in the fact I've already got RG3 it just makes it ridiculous.
Well, obviously, that's an insane offer. And the easy response would be, "Are you out of your mind?" But sometimes I will reject an insane offer with a completely different trade and the owner accepts. Again, that he sent you the offer tells me he is interested.

I'm always keen to receive trade offers but nothing puts me off quicker than a message along with a terrible trade.Got this last week.--- Kaunas Buckeyes ---Trade Away: Josh Freeman (TAM) A.J. Green (CIN) 2013 Draft, Rnd 5Receive: Jay Cutler (CHI) Chaz Schilens (NYJ) 2013 Draft, Rnd 4Comments: Chicago with more no-huddle coming up good for Jay, and Chaz getting most targets (95% as of last week) on offensive playsWhen you add in the fact I've already got RG3 it just makes it ridiculous.
Well, obviously, that's an insane offer. And the easy response would be, "Are you out of your mind?" But sometimes I will reject an insane offer with a completely different trade and the owner accepts. Again, that he sent you the offer tells me he is interested.
Absolutely. I'm not someone who won't trade with people after that either. I sent a polite message back saying I wasn't in the market for a QB and wouldn't trade Green for anything.No need to burn bridges

We all get bad offers from time to time. Most aren't worthy of this thread... How about this one?

Team A will give

McFadden, Darren OAK RB

Gibson, Brandon STL WR

Jones, James GBP WR

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick

To My Team for

Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Johnson, Steve BUF WR

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick

We all get bad offers from time to time. Most aren't worthy of this thread... How about this one?Team A will giveMcFadden, Darren OAK RBGibson, Brandon STL WRJones, James GBP WRYear 2013 Round 2 Draft PickYear 2013 Round 2 Draft PickTo My Team forMathews, Ryan SDC RBBryant, Dez DAL WRJohnson, Steve BUF WRYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick
I had to read it twice to figure out which side was the unbalanced side, which suggests it's not really "worst trade offer" material. I could easily see someone who believed that McFadden was a stud and Mathews would never be healthy who would prefer the McFadden side on that one.

I give Spiller, A.J. Green and Martellus Bennett

I receive Ponder, Lance Moore, and Doug Martin (this was 3 weeks ago before he went off)

Also

I give Julio Jones, Jonathan Stewart and Bennett

I get Santana Moss, Anquan Boldin and Justin Blackmon

A guy just offered me his 2014 1st and 2nd for my two 2013 1st (both of which should be top 5). I just don't get it.

'Andrew74 said:
A guy just offered me his 2014 1st and 2nd for my two 2013 1st (both of which should be top 5). I just don't get it.
2014 is a much stronger draft class.

'Andrew74 said:
There's you problem...This thread is always good for laughs. And (hint) it isn't because the offers are that bad. Ever.

a new guy just took over a team and sent the following:Z Miller2013 2ndfor A Lucki don't think i have to show my current TE's or the league scoring or anything that could remotely justify such an offer

I just got offered Freeman, Matthews and 2nd round rookie pick for Kapernick and D. Martin.And that was AFTER Kap's GB performance. Matter of fact, I think I heard Matthews other collarbone snap while I was typing that.

I just got offered Freeman, Matthews and 2nd round rookie pick for Kapernick and D. Martin.And that was AFTER Kap's GB performance. Matter of fact, I think I heard Matthews other collarbone snap while I was typing that.
I was offered this a few days ago:Chris JohnsonBeanie WellsI give:HarvinD.WilsonTorrey SmithNormally, I would just decline and move on. But this guy always criticizes my offers, so I basically asked him if he was high...told him I wouldn't trade Harvin by himself for CJ and Wells.In another league, I traded Ridley, Fitzgerald and 1.12 for D.Martin. Almost immediately, another owner sends me an offer for Martin by offering J.Stewart and Steve Smith. I said why would I turn around after what I gave up for Martin and then trade him for crap? I don't understand how some people think (or don't think, I suppose)...

Trade ProposalOrlando proposed a trade with Charlotte:• Orlando will giveTurner, Michael ATL RB• To Charlotte forLynch, Marshawn SEA RBBryant, Dez DAL WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotteinterested???a. Yes, I'd like to accept this trade. b. No, I'd like to reject this trade. c. No, I'd like to reject this trade and offer a counter-proposal.

Trade Proposal

Orlando proposed a trade with Charlotte:

• Orlando will give

Turner, Michael ATL RB

• To Charlotte for

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte

interested???
:lmao:

Last offseason, I was offered Akers for the 1.04 (RG3). I never carry a kicker into the offseason and he thought that I might want the #1 scoring kicker to round out my contending team. Even though he was a newbie, I gave him alot of good-natured ribbing for that one on the league message board. I had alot of fun with that one.

Just got this one about 2 weeks ago, I give Lance Moore and Gronk. I get Tebow and Shorts
Pretty bad, but I can at least imagine a universe where Shorts outscores Gronk for the next few years. He did put up something like 18 ppg down the stretch.

Trade ProposalOrlando proposed a trade with Charlotte:• Orlando will giveTurner, Michael ATL RB• To Charlotte forLynch, Marshawn SEA RBBryant, Dez DAL WRYear 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from CharlotteYear 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotteinterested???a. Yes, I'd like to accept this trade. b. No, I'd like to reject this trade. c. No, I'd like to reject this trade and offer a counter-proposal.
that can't be real

that can't be real
It looks to be a real trade that was offered in 2010 judging by the fact that there was a 2011 draft pick involved.

I was offered LaMichael James, Denarius Moore, and Coby Fleener for Demaryius Thomas last night. I find offers like those a bit insulting. Perfect example of the "three nickels for a dollar" kind of crap that people send out.

2.073.03Joique bellBeanie wellsNate WashingtonJoel dreesenJacob tammeForJamaal CharlesMichael FloydBrent celek
I know who offered this ;) We're in the same league with him. Didn't you know that if you get more players in the deal you always win the trade :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was offered LaMichael James, Denarius Moore, and Coby Fleener for Demaryius Thomas last night. I find offers like those a bit insulting. Perfect example of the "three nickels for a dollar" kind of crap that people send out.
Some guy offered me DRich, Andre Roberts, Golden Tate, and the 1.10 for DemThom yesterday. I :lmao: while rejecting.

Offered by the commish who's made a ton of intersting trades. offers Johnson, Chris TEN RBWilliams, Ryan ARI RBRice, Sidney SEA WRMiller, Heath PIT TEYear 2013 Draft Pick 3.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 7.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 8.08 for Morris, Alfred WAS RBTate, Ben HOU RBGresham, Jermaine CIN TEYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.02So basically I get Chris Johnson and give up Morris, Tate, Gresham and the 1.02.

Honestly, that doesnt look that bad as I can easily see Ryan Williams > Tate and Sidney Rice > Gresham.

Offered by the commish who's made a ton of intersting trades. offers Johnson, Chris TEN RBWilliams, Ryan ARI RBRice, Sidney SEA WRMiller, Heath PIT TEYear 2013 Draft Pick 3.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 7.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 8.08 for Morris, Alfred WAS RBTate, Ben HOU RBGresham, Jermaine CIN TEYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.02So basically I get Chris Johnson and give up Morris, Tate, Gresham and the 1.02.

Honestly, that doesnt look that bad as I can easily see Ryan Williams > Tate and Sidney Rice > Gresham.

Then you are one of the suckers that makes these ripoff offers worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:

The point isn't that he would accept it. Its that the offer isn't bad to the degree some other ones are.

Trade Proposal

Orlando proposed a trade with Charlotte:

• Orlando will give

Turner, Michael ATL RB

• To Charlotte for

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR

Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick from Charlotte

interested???
:lmao:
"Interested? Yes. Interested in why you'd think I'd EVER accept this!"

It's definitely not as bad as you think.

'doowain said:
'voiceofunreason said:
'ffrookie said:

'voiceofunreason said:
It's definitely not as bad as you think.
It's horrible... give me quality over quantityJohnson, Chris TEN RB - InconsistentWilliams, Ryan ARI RB - Huge injury historyRice, Sidney SEA WR - See Ryan Williams, not in a pass oriented offenseMiller, Heath PIT TE - An ACL for an older TE?Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.05 - I just love late rookie picksYear 2013 Draft Pick 4.08 - just keeps getting betterYear 2013 Draft Pick 5.05 - and betterYear 2013 Draft Pick 5.08 - ...Year 2013 Draft Pick 6.08Year 2013 Draft Pick 7.05Year 2013 Draft Pick 8.08forMorris, Alfred WAS RB - an excellent first seasonTate, Ben HOU RB - very good back in a run friendly offenseGresham, Jermaine CIN TE - solid and still quite youngYear 2013 Draft Pick 1.02 - a top 2 pick

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.02 - a top 2 pick
The 1.02 is what throws the deal way off. I don't agree with this but suppose Johnson=Morris, Tate=Williams and Rice=Gresham - that still leaves Miller and a bunch of trash for the 1.02.

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.02 - a top 2 pick
The 1.02 is what throws the deal way off. I don't agree with this but suppose Johnson=Morris, Tate=Williams and Rice=Gresham - that still leaves Miller and a bunch of trash for the 1.02.
Still having said that its not "worst offer ever" quality. Which is what I was pointing out.

I asked the guy about his kicker cause I was looking into a small kicker upgrade, and I would swap one of my two good defenses since he had a crap defense (dynasty league).SO I get like 5 offers in a row, him offering his kicker and in separate offers asking for Maclin, Colston, Witten, Stevie Johnson, and a 1st round pick............each straight up for Matt Bryant. On a side note, why in the HELL are kickers part of fantasy football anyway? This just seems like a needlessly accepted cultural phenomenon in the fantasy community.

I think probably the most insulting part about getting offers isn't the offer itself, but when the other guy tries to tell you why the trade is good for you.If you wanna offer me Greg Little and a future 1st for AJ Green, fine, I will just hit reject and say no thanks.But if I get a follow up email with the guy saying "Little led all rookies in receptions last year and the 2014 draft class looks to be strong, you sure you don't want to think more on this one??? It might be what you need since Green is your only good WR"..................it makes me want to go to prison for hunting the guy down and strangling him.

I think probably the most insulting part about getting offers isn't the offer itself, but when the other guy tries to tell you why the trade is good for you.If you wanna offer me Greg Little and a future 1st for AJ Green, fine, I will just hit reject and say no thanks.But if I get a follow up email with the guy saying "Little led all rookies in receptions last year and the 2014 draft class looks to be strong, you sure you don't want to think more on this one??? It might be what you need since Green is your only good WR"..................it makes me want to go to prison for hunting the guy down and strangling him.
I'm with you. They say "ignorance is bliss" but this type doesn't make me too happy.

Users who are viewing this thread