What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (3 Viewers)

Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.02 - a top 2 pick
The 1.02 is what throws the deal way off. I don't agree with this but suppose Johnson=Morris, Tate=Williams and Rice=Gresham - that still leaves Miller and a bunch of trash for the 1.02.
Still having said that its not "worst offer ever" quality. Which is what I was pointing out.
The whole offer isn't worth Morris. Rice is borderline waiver material, Miller is coming off a huge injury and no value and Johnson is of very little value. On top of that I give the 1.02, Tate and Gresham for free. And the worst part is including ridiculous rookie draft picks where I wouldn't want to drop someone from my roster to use them.

I give: Wilson, Russell SEA QB Richardson, Trent CLE RB Johnson, Calvin DET WR Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.03 Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.10 I get: Smith, Alex SFO QB James, LaMichael SFO RB Jones, Julio ATL WR Woodley, LaMarr PIT LB Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.04 Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04 Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.04 Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick

I give: Wilson, Russell SEA QB Richardson, Trent CLE RB Johnson, Calvin DET WR Year 2013 Draft Pick 3.03 Year 2013 Draft Pick 4.10 I get: Smith, Alex SFO QB James, LaMichael SFO RB Jones, Julio ATL WR Woodley, LaMarr PIT LB Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.04 Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04 Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.04 Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick
This trade could put you back for YEARS Give me the trent side ALLLLLLL day

Last edited by a moderator:
give

Baldwin, Jon KCC WR

Jenkins, A.J. SFO WR

Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE

Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick

for

Richardson, Trent CLE RB

Someone asked me if I wanted to get younger at QB, and then offered me Brandon Weeden and the 2.02 for Matt Ryan.

Brandon Weeden is a year and a half older than Matt Ryan.

Had a new guy join our league. I have Spiller and D.Wilson, he has F-Jax and A.Brown. So I started sending him a few offers for both guys (2nd rounders, middle of the road players, etc which is what both guys are worth). So he started sending a few offers:

Andre Brown for Antonio Brown

Andre Brown for Jennings

Andre Brown for Colston

I politely declined each, didn't think they could get any worse...boy was I wrong, got this beauty yesterday:

I give: D.Wilson and Jennings

I get: F-Jax, L.Moore, 3.01

I finally gave up trying to deal with him after that...

Had a new guy join our league. I have Spiller and D.Wilson, he has F-Jax and A.Brown. So I started sending him a few offers for both guys (2nd rounders, middle of the road players, etc which is what both guys are worth). So he started sending a few offers:Andre Brown for Antonio BrownAndre Brown for JenningsAndre Brown for ColstonI politely declined each, didn't think they could get any worse...boy was I wrong, got this beauty yesterday:I give: D.Wilson and JenningsI get: F-Jax, L.Moore, 3.01I finally gave up trying to deal with him after that...
That last deal was silly; but the first three (especially Jennings and Colston) aren't terrible.

Some people might not think this is terrible since I would be getting Calvin but I do

I get

- Calvin Johnson

- Aaron Hernandez

- Jacquizz Rodgers

I give

- Alfred Morris

- Demaryius Thomas

- Jimmy Graham

- James Laurinaitis

- First round pick

Had a new guy join our league. I have Spiller and D.Wilson, he has F-Jax and A.Brown. So I started sending him a few offers for both guys (2nd rounders, middle of the road players, etc which is what both guys are worth). So he started sending a few offers:Andre Brown for Antonio BrownAndre Brown for JenningsAndre Brown for ColstonI politely declined each, didn't think they could get any worse...boy was I wrong, got this beauty yesterday:I give: D.Wilson and JenningsI get: F-Jax, L.Moore, 3.01I finally gave up trying to deal with him after that...
That last deal was silly; but the first three (especially Jennings and Colston) aren't terrible.
You would trade one of those WRs for Andre Brown?

This one just in:

I give

RB Miller MIA

RB Jones-Drew JAX

I get

RB Jennings JAX

WR Lloyd FA

Thanks but I dont think so

For Andre Brown?

For Andre Brown?
:goodposting: Not seeing how the first three aren't terrible too.

For Andre Brown?
Andre Brown is only going a few rounds after these guys (especially Jennings) in startup drafts. I wouldn't have accepted the deals straight up, but I probably wouldn't have needed a ton with Brown, especially if I'm low on RBs and relying on Wilson.

I'll give the owner a pass though, he took over a bad team and it's his first year in a dynasty, but still... Since he's a friend I sent him a list of my personal rankings atm so he could get an idea of how I value players for the next time he wanted to offer me a trade.

Turd Ferguson will give:
Benson, Cedric GBP RB
Rice, Sidney SEA WR
Year 2013 Draft Pick 7.03

To .Spin for:
Charles, Jamaal KCC RB
Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR
Year 2013 Draft Pick 7.10

Let me know what you think, I really need to boost my backfield.

ghostguy123 said:
Dez said:
[*]Puerto Rico will give

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

[*]

[*]To Charlotte for

Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.05

[*]Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Charlotte

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick from Memphis

U like this 1? This is the price of Wilson right now!
A quarterback would literally need to be a robot with a shelf life of 20 years of #1 QB production for this to be worth it.
That guy needs to join a league with I'mtheScientist

For Andre Brown?
Andre Brown is only going a few rounds after these guys (especially Jennings) in startup drafts. I wouldn't have accepted the deals straight up, but I probably wouldn't have needed a ton with Brown, especially if I'm low on RBs and relying on Wilson.
He is only 26 and has the potential to be the lead guy in a RBBC, I wouldn't give him up for a 2nd rounder. FJax on the other hand I would trade for a 2nd.

I give 1st rounderI get. nothingI was really pissed and complained to commish... I saw it and was like WTF
Sad that I can beat that.Big keeper league where keeping players costs your earliest picks. Someone offered Peyton for a 1st. So essentially would have given a first and then had to drop entire roster including Peyton.

I try not to get too subjective on these things because it comes down to bias.

I almost got kicked out of a league once for making a trade that the masses perceived differently. In 2006, in a dynasty,

Gave:

-Lamont Jordan

-Pick that became Laurence Maroney

Received:

-Torry Holt

-Fred Taylor

Keep in mind, this is dynasty and both Holt and Taylor were right at 30. Jordan was coming off a 1,000/10 Td or so season, despite playing in 13-14 games and the pick was a top 5 pick. But I was, in my opinion, in a window to win then, did not want to roll the dice and take time for a rookie to develop, and just "thought" that Taylor, if he could stay healthy, could be a difference maker. I also thought Jordan was smoke and mirrors where most others thought he was the next LT.

Anyway, a couple of owners got so upset that they asked the commish to reverse the trade and kick me out. It even went to a vote and one guy in the league basically pleaded my case saying I paifd my money and I should be allowed to run my team the way I wanted.

I survived and won the league that year and lost in the title game the next year. Jordan was never anything to write home about and the draft pick proved to be only as good as the the guy making the decision behind it.

I just think some of these trades being posted in here as TERRIBLE are so biased that we don't really know. Some of them are, of course...granted. But when we look at a trade and never even consider that MAYBE, just MAYBE a Russell Wilson doesn't become the 2nd coming like everyone seems to think he will and, as a result, we trash the trade idea, then maybe we are doing ourselves a disservice. Kind of like the opposite of last year at this time when the vast majority of us were letting Wilson slide to the 5th round of rookie drafts. You just never know my friends.

I almost got kicked out of a league once for making a trade that the masses perceived differently. In 2006, in a dynasty,

Gave:

-Lamont Jordan

Received:

-Torry Holt

-Fred Taylor

Keep in mind, this is dynasty and both Holt and Taylor were right at 30. Jordan was coming off a 1,000/10 Td or so season, despite playing in 13-14 games and the pick was a top 5 pick. But I was, in my opinion, in a window to win then, did not want to roll the dice and take time for a rookie to develop, and just "thought" that Taylor, if he could stay healthy, could be a difference maker. I also thought Jordan was smoke and mirrors where most others thought he was the next LT.

Anyway, a couple of owners got so upset that they asked the commish to reverse the trade and kick me out. It even went to a vote and one guy in the league basically pleaded my case saying I paifd my money and I should be allowed to run my team the way I wanted.

I survived and won the league that year and lost in the title game the next year. Jordan was never anything to write home about and the draft pick proved to be only as good as the the guy making the decision behind it.

I just think some of these trades being posted in here as TERRIBLE are so biased that we don't really know. Some of them are, of course...granted. But when we look at a trade and never even consider that MAYBE, just MAYBE a Russell Wilson doesn't become the 2nd coming like everyone seems to think he will and, as a result, we trash the trade idea, then maybe we are doing ourselves a disservice. Kind of like the opposite of last year at this time when the vast majority of us were letting Wilson slide to the 5th round of rookie drafts. You just never know my friends.
This is a good post.

Maybe we need a thread "what is the worst dynasty trade you seen accepted in your league"

This would be one that would be near top the list especially considering that 1st round in 2012 turned into the 1.01 pick

• Puerto Rico gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.03;Year 2011 Draft Pick 5.09; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico;Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Las Vegas
  • Northern California gave up Karim, Deji JAC RB

Not the worst, just silly:

In this year's rookie draft:

• J offers Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.01
  • A for Year 2013 Draft Pick 1.05;Year 2013 Draft Pick 5.10
Oooh, I get to move from pick 58 to 49... that will matter.

Code:
Trade Away:
Code:
     Dez Bryant (DAL)
Code:
    2013 Draft, Rnd 3
Code:
Receive:
Code:
     Nate Burleson (DET)
Code:
     Cedric Benson (GNB)
Code:
    2013 Draft, Rnd 2

Maybe we need a thread "what is the worst dynasty trade you seen accepted in your league"

This would be one that would be near top the list especially considering that 1st round in 2012 turned into the 1.01 pick

• Puerto Rico gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 4.03;Year 2011 Draft Pick 5.09; Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Puerto Rico;Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Las Vegas
  • Northern California gave up Karim, Deji JAC RB
Ha, the sad part about this is the guy mixed up Karim with Rashad Jennings......................and didnt even matter cause it was still the worst deal of all time even if it was the guy he thought it was originally.

Gave:

-Lamont Jordan

Received:

-Torry Holt

-Fred Taylor

Level headed post to be sure but it misses the main point. Trades aren't made knowing the outcomes will justify them. They are made based on present day value mostly with a little prognostication thrown in. If you trade away Russell Wilson and get way less than market value, the trade is not vindicated if indeed Wilson fails. You still should have gotten fair market value.

Your trade for Holt and Taylor is not the same as selling low on Wilson IMO.

Gave:

-Lamont Jordan

Received:

-Torry Holt

-Fred Taylor

Level headed post to be sure but it misses the main point. Trades aren't made knowing the outcomes will justify them. They are made based on present day value mostly with a little prognostication thrown in. If you trade away Russell Wilson and get way less than market value, the trade is not vindicated if indeed Wilson fails. You still should have gotten fair market value.

I guess what I am meaning is that the "present day value" is, in itself, biased and the post was more of an illustration about perception. I mena, I know that the value of Dez Bryant is high. Not because he will 100% justify it but because the masses believe it is high. But what I mean is that, the reality might be very different.

So when the majority of people respond to a post in this thread and maybe would have said just 4 years ago something like "He offered you the 3.08 for Finley? I hope you didn't even respond." then while the value IS what is is, to just be careful because it might be wrong. I am sure I would have gotten turned down 100 times out of 100 had I made an offer like that 4 years ago. But just two years after that, I could have also reminded everyone about how that 3.08 turned into Gronk or Graham and it wasn't a "worst trade offer" at all.

Gave:

-Lamont Jordan

Received:

-Torry Holt

-Fred Taylor

I guess what I am meaning is that the "present day value" is, in itself, biased and the post was more of an illustration about perception. I mena, I know that the value of Dez Bryant is high. Not because he will 100% justify it but because the masses believe it is high. But what I mean is that, the reality might be very different.

So when the majority of people respond to a post in this thread and maybe would have said just 4 years ago something like "He offered you the 3.08 for Finley? I hope you didn't even respond." then while the value IS what is is, to just be careful because it might be wrong. I am sure I would have gotten turned down 100 times out of 100 had I made an offer like that 4 years ago. But just two years after that, I could have also reminded everyone about how that 3.08 turned into Gronk or Graham and it wasn't a "worst trade offer" at all.
Its still a bad trade in that you didn't get proper value. Whether the deal worked in your favor or against you is irrelavant. We do our best to look into the crystal ball and predict future production but our best information (flawed and biassed as it is) is the current thinking which is usually based on production, most recent stats, etc...

I get what you are saying and agree that trades often flop for someone. These currently viewed "worst trade offers ever" might go the other way when viewed 2 or 3 years from now but I think it's hardly relevant in evaluating player present value for trade purposes. If you think Lamont Jordan will suck and you want to dump him I get it, just get proper value. You should always be able to find someone to give you close to the percieved value (at least close enough to avoid your league trying to veto it.)

Have never felt the need to post these things because everybody values players differently, but have had some head scratchers lately. Sometimes you get a lowball initial offer thats mostly a "hey I'm interested in this player, would you be open to trading him?" type offer, but when they come back with a slightly improved 2nd-3rd-4th+ offers you know they're truly looking to screw you over. Today:

I would receive: Chris Ivory/Kendall Wright/2013 2nd

I would give: Ray Rice

Politely declined saying I realize everybody values players differently, sometimes drastically different... but we were extremely far apart on our evaluations and I didn't have any interest in those three pieces.

2nd offer of: DeAngelo Williams/Kendall Wright/2013 2nd

For: Ray Rice

I follow the rule of "don't trade elite unless you get elite back" and am never offended by offers, but man, sometimes I'm left scratching my head.

Different league/owner early last year:

I would give: Ray Rice

I would get: Anquan Boldin, Fred Jackson

2nd offer: Anquan Boldin, Fred Jackson, Joique Bell for Ray Rice

3rd offer: Anquan Boldin, Fred Jackson, Laurent Robinson for Ray Rice

4th offer: Anquan Boldin, Fred Jackson, Joique Bell, Laurent Robinson, Marcedes Lewis for Ray Rice

5th email with insults saying I need to rethink how I value age in dynasty leagues. Finally cracked after politely declining each offer saying I didn't have any interest in those players and if he dropped all of them and I wouldn't pick a single player up off the WW for free.

Comes back again (and probably a total of 50+ times over the season, literally) with:

I would give: Ray Rice, Dez Bryant, Vernon Davis

I would get: Matt Forte, Fred Jackson, Joique Bell, Anquan Boldin, Laurent Robinson, Brandon Pettigrew, Marcedes Lewis

Told him I valued quality over quantity, and got another insulting email saying I need to stop valuing youth so much and focus on winning now.

I can deal with the bad offers, I send some head scratchers out myself mostly asking if the players is available with a comment asking for a counter/price tag, but am not a fan of people insulting an owners team building philosophy/valuations as a negotiating tactic.

I can deal with the bad offers, I send some head scratchers out myself mostly asking if the players is available with a comment asking for a counter/price tag, but am not a fan of people insulting an owners team building philosophy/valuations as a negotiating tactic.
Ahhh, nothing better than rejecting an offer and having the guy tell you that you should have taken it. If it was such a great offer and he was offering you such great players...................then why on Earth is he offering them to you???? If they are so awesome he would keep them, especially if he truly thinks he is giving you the better players, lol.

Got these 2 beauties today where I own the 1.1 devy pick ( Marquise Lee):

I give: B Myers and 1.1 devy

I get: Greg Olsen

I give: Moeaki and 1.1 devy

I get: M.Bennett

Users who are viewing this thread