What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dion Lewis (3 Viewers)

Knee. I bet he heard something and knew he was f'ed.
I know it's normal to walk off the field after a tear, but then he stood there on the sideline, had the DC hanging all over him talking to him...just didn't seem like the way you'd treat a player you suspected of tearing something. But I'm desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude is glass. I have been sayin that since day 1. Be thankful for the points you all got.
Serious? Is he less "glass" than Forte? Bell? Charles? K Allen?

You could say "dude is glass" about every NFL player, and eventually, there's a good chance you'd be able to come brag about it.

That would be like me saying "Seahawks fans are morons;" as soon as you posted ANYTHING, I could say "see look, told ya so!"

Dude is glass. I have been sayin that since day 1. Be thankful for the points you all got.
Wow, you predicted that a tiny player with an extensive injury history playing a position that suffers tons of injuries might eventually get injured again, congratulations. #### off.

I don't know why anyone bothers responding to that dude.

Anyway - if he's out long term, I'm assuming the passing back role will be some combination of White and Bolden making neither of them startable.

You've gotta feel bad Lewis. So, so talented but gets hurt quite a bit. Just thinking about all of the hours he put in to rehab. Working his ### off every day just to play again. Then he was having a fantastic, comeback player of the year, type of season. Only to go down again. You can tell how incredibly heartbroken he is.

:unsure: That being said, and this is about fantasy football and our teams here, who is the next man up here? James White?

You've gotta feel bad Lewis. So, so talented but gets hurt quite a bit. Just thinking about all of the hours he put in to rehab. Working his ### off every day just to play again. Then he was having a fantastic, comeback player of the year, type of season. Only to go down again. You can tell how incredibly heartbroken he is.

:unsure: That being said, and this is about fantasy football and our teams here, who is the next man up here? James White?
There is going to be a lot more Blount. Bolden or White could be valuable. If Lafell is still free, I'd grab him though. He moves up in the target pecking order.

White is the backup to Lewis, but he's typically inactive on game day because Bolden plays special teams.

Amendola gets a bump.

What a bummer. Not just the points, but he really was a fun player to watch this season. I didn't see it or read anything, so I'm hopeful he returns, but off this thread it sounds bad.

This sucks, even if I didn't own him on a few contenders. Because he's an extremely exciting player to watch and he has been doing truly special things this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've owned him off and on for years and loved him at Pitt. I traded him last week because he's just not durable. I know I'm way in the minority but I love his talent and don't like his situation. Good luck with him and I hope he does well but if you can get a high first I'd move him.
Sad but true.

I don't understand all of the negativity...we are just speculating in here, there is nothing official. He could be back in a couple weeks or less. Remain calm.

If it's an mcl, it's probably 2 to 8 weeks depending on the severity, although it could be season ending like leveon bell. His game relies on a lot of wiggle and abrupt stop start moves, and the mcl is the one that keeps the knee from collapsing inward. So while his muscles are probably strong enough to make him feel healthier sooner, he'd probably err on the long side for his recovery time. Even if it is an mcl, which should seem like good news, he could be done for the rest of the fantasy regular season, and is probably done for a month plus. If he misses four games, that gets him back for week 14, and you won't know much about his recovery because they don't talk to the media. So the earliest you would likely start him is week 15 in the playoffs. If you can get anything for him in redraft, it will be right after the "good news" about him missing as little as two weeks. In a keeper or dynasty, you just have to eat the injury or trade him to a rebuilding team for 75 cents in the dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread