What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Cubs Thread*** (1 Viewer)

First time through the rotation and pretty good. Feldman was all over the place but that isn't typical for him. Too bad the offense is pretty pathetic especially if Castro and Rizzo are struggling.

Fujikawa's 91-93 mph fastball plays up significantly with that sharp tailing action. He hasn't had the cleanest of beginnings but I have hope he can solidify the 9th.

Jo

Jorge Solar, a Cuban defector who rates as one of the Cubs’ best prospects, was involved in an incident Wednesday at Single-A Daytona in which he grabbed a bat from his dugout and started to go after the other team.

Daytona and Clearwater, the Phillies’ Florida State League affiliate, were involved in a benches-clearing incident after Soler, who was on base, and infielder Carlos Alonso got tangled up at second base. Once the field cleared, Soler reportedly grabbed a bat from his dugout and started headed towards Clearwater’s dugout.Bradley Emery, who was at the game, tweeted that Soler “was right in front of the dugout yelling and screaming god knows what” before coaches managed to drag him away.

Soler was, of course, ejected. One imagines he’ll be facing some sort of suspension from the Florida State League and maybe additional discipline from the Cubs.
:useless:

Jo

Jorge Solar, a Cuban defector who rates as one of the Cubs’ best prospects, was involved in an incident Wednesday at Single-A Daytona in which he grabbed a bat from his dugout and started to go after the other team.

Daytona and Clearwater, the Phillies’ Florida State League affiliate, were involved in a benches-clearing incident after Soler, who was on base, and infielder Carlos Alonso got tangled up at second base. Once the field cleared, Soler reportedly grabbed a bat from his dugout and started headed towards Clearwater’s dugout.Bradley Emery, who was at the game, tweeted that Soler “was right in front of the dugout yelling and screaming god knows what” before coaches managed to drag him away.

Soler was, of course, ejected. One imagines he’ll be facing some sort of suspension from the Florida State League and maybe additional discipline from the Cubs.
:useless:
It's called passion

So bad. While watching I thought to myself, "this must be some kind of record for balls hitting the dirt before home plate."

Navarro blocked several more that could have easily gone to the backstop.

Hoping good Samardzija shows up today.
so much for that idea
Yeah, rough first. I was impressed that he settled down and gave the team seven innings. Kept the team in the game, but they just couldn't drive in the RISPs, yet again. I think at one point the Cubs had their leadoff batter on base in five straight innings. Never could get him in.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this wasn't a Chicago team, I'd feel sorry for them. They find new and creative ways to lose games year after year after year.

Users who are viewing this thread