What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Cubs Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Matt Duffy has been the best FA signing since Ben Zobrist.  He is just what the lineup has needed--a patient contact oriented hitter, who takes a lot of pitches and gets on base.

He plays solid defense at three IF positions, and from what I have read he is also a good clubhouse guy.

He was the runner-up to Bryant for ROY. I don't know what happened in San Francisco. Maybe @Eephusknows, but I am glad he is on the Cubs.

Cubs fans remember the names of Bryan LaHair and Jake Fox.

However, Wisdom has that exit velocity and barrel rate that the analytics guys covet, so there might be some ability to maintain decent production. 
I don't know what his BABIP is now but a few days ago it was sitting around .500.  He was also striking out at an enormous rate.  He has definite power but will he contribute in any other categories?  And if you lose points for strikeouts (which is the case for my league), he could be very detrimental.  Also, is he even guaranteed a spot when they start getting guys back?  I guess if he keeps hitting HRs at this rate, they can't take him out but I don't see it.  

Schwarbs having a good year. Always a very productive offensive weopon. Would be great to see him back in Chicago in July. Southside of course.

Sell everyone now 
There won't be much in return if they do. Those days have passed. The front office of every team is controlled by Ivy League stat crunchers, and they believe the most precious commodity is cost-controlled young talent.

The Cubs could not pry Jake Cronenworth away from San Diego for an elite #1 starter. 

Kimbrel might get a lottery ticket in return from a team on the cusp (like Houston or LAA), but Bryant's impending FA keeps him from getting anything of value in return. It would be smart if the Cubs kept him, then made a decent offer, and if refused then take the compensatory pick. 

That was ugly last night in St Louis.  I would normally expect a bounce-back effort tonight, but who knows where their minds are these days with the trade deadline.

There won't be much in return if they do. Those days have passed. The front office of every team is controlled by Ivy League stat crunchers, and they believe the most precious commodity is cost-controlled young talent.

The Cubs could not pry Jake Cronenworth away from San Diego for an elite #1 starter. 

Kimbrel might get a lottery ticket in return from a team on the cusp (like Houston or LAA), but Bryant's impending FA keeps him from getting anything of value in return. It would be smart if the Cubs kept him, then made a decent offer, and if refused then take the compensatory pick. 
I agree with you, but Kimbrel could win someone a title.  We know how the ego takes over.  

I am keeping track of "achievements".

Today the Cubs surpassed the century mark in negative run differential.

They have lost thirteen in a row at home--a new club record. They have two double-digit losing streaks this year, also a team record.

The big prize is to catch Pittsburgh for last place in the division. They shaved off a run the past week, so only nine ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread