What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (1 Viewer)

adbrandt Andrew BrandtLawyers coming. RT @markcviera: PSU Pres on firing McQueary: "There are complexities to that issue that I am not prepared to go into"
anyone watching the press conference on CNN?

I just think it's interesting that he still felt close enough to the program to try and recruit players. If McQueary is the recruiting coordinator and he finds out this guy is out talking to potential players on behalf of the school, that had to be a bit awkward.
McQueary must not have felt too awkward around Sandusky if he participated in several charity events alongside Sandusky in 2002-2004.
Sandusky was a coach at a March 28, 2002, flag-football fundraiser for the Easter Seals of Central Pennsylvania, and McQueary and other Penn State staff members participated by either playing or signing autographs, according to a "Letter of special thanks" published in the Centre Daily Times.

The paper also reported that McQueary was scheduled to play in The Second Mile Celebrity Golf Classic in 2002 and 2003. The Second Mile is the charity Sandusky founded in 1997 to provide education and life skills to almost 100,000 at-risk kids each year.

And in 2004, the Centre Daily Times reported that McQueary played in the third annual Subway Easter Bowl Game, an Easter Seals fundraiser that was jointly coached by Sandusky.

So who plays JoePa in the movie that I'm sure is already in the works?

De Niro?

Last edited by a moderator:
At 9:30 p.m. Friday, a candlelight vigil in support of victims of child abuse will be held, an effort organized by students.

There will be speakers, including a victim of sex abuse in another case, performances of the Penn State Blue Band, a marching band, and an a cappella group called Nota. There will be a moment of silence when the clock strikes 10 p.m. at the Old Main building on the Penn State campus.
Are these really necessary?And on a side note...

I cannot think of any reason to let my 10 year old son sleep over at the home of a 60 year old man who is not blood-related unsupervised. Why do people do this?
I think the Blue Band students are who organized this.

Odds of sandusky suicide attempt before prison?
I'm more concerned that he is aware he is going the spent the rest of his life in prison and might want to have a few more kicks before he is locked up. Can you image the fallout if he commits another crime while out on unsecured bail?

http://www.wyff4.com/news/29738465/detail.html#.Tr17KoFYfCg.twitterSandusky was recruiting for Penn State last year.

GREER, S.C. -- The Penn State fallout is having a trickle-down effect on high school football recruiting.Adam Ah Ching, a senior linebacker at Greer High School, told WYFF News 4’s Kim Quintero that he’s played football since he was 6 and has his sights set on playing college ball.“When you're Polynesian, growing up, football is No. 1 in your life,” said Ah Ching.Ranked last year by ESPNU as the 26th linebacker prospect in the country, Ah Ching said he was paid a visit by Penn State's former assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky.“He came to my last spring game going into my senior season. He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am,” said Ah Ching.But days after Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing young boys, leading to the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and university President Graham Spanier, Ah Ching scratched Penn State off his list of where he'd continue his football career.“It's very devastating to have a top-tiered program and have them drop like that,” said Ah Ching. “That really did play a big impact on where I wanted to go.”Otto Ah Ching, Adam’s dad, supports his decision.“Do you want to be associated with the mess that's still going to come down the road here?” said Otto Ah Ching.Ah Ching says other young football players like himself feel the same.“All these recruits are decommiting because of that,” said Ah Ching. “It’s sad, depressing and devastating.”Ah Ching said he hasn't decided on which college he'll continue his football career with.
This should put an end to the "Sandusky was not associated with Penn State at all" argument.
Yep.
Who in the world was making that argument? There were reports at the beginning of the week that he was at the gym on campus last week. :confused:

After making my way through the 23 pages of grand jury testimony I found it very difficult- as many others in here have- to get past the whole nightmare of McQueary hearing the “rhythmic, slapping” that drew him to peer into the showers. A sound that he equated with a sexual act, and more than likely not one like the one he found. And then leaving.

My wife and I had a brief discussion regarding this scene last night. Attempting to be as clinical as possible- such "slapping" sounds are created by flesh on flesh contact. That contact occurs- regardless of any anatomical dimensions- upon :ahem: full penetration.

I am the father of three boys. I currently have just the 12 year old in the house. We glocks run on the lean side and- as hard as this was for a parent to envision, the horror of it caused me to visit these thoughts- unless a pedophile rapist was hung like a bug, such an act would likely kill my son.

I'm not letting anyone off any hooks here, but is it possible that- like so much of the other touching and contact that Sandusky initiated- it wasn't actually a sex act that transpired. But rather a simulation so to speak? Just as depraved, mind you. I mean, no screaming or anything mentioned?? I'm just having trouble wrapping my brain around the concept of anyone so (apparently) large actually sodomizing someone so small.

Maybe I just want to believe that it can't happen. Afterall, this boy is out there somewhere. :(

And sorry if this crossed any line for anyone. It wasn't my intention.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/29738465/detail.html#.Tr17KoFYfCg.twitterSandusky was recruiting for Penn State last year.

GREER, S.C. -- The Penn State fallout is having a trickle-down effect on high school football recruiting.Adam Ah Ching, a senior linebacker at Greer High School, told WYFF News 4’s Kim Quintero that he’s played football since he was 6 and has his sights set on playing college ball.“When you're Polynesian, growing up, football is No. 1 in your life,” said Ah Ching.Ranked last year by ESPNU as the 26th linebacker prospect in the country, Ah Ching said he was paid a visit by Penn State's former assistant coach, Jerry Sandusky.“He came to my last spring game going into my senior season. He liked how I moved, laterally, and how gifted I am,” said Ah Ching.But days after Sandusky was charged with sexually abusing young boys, leading to the firing of football coach Joe Paterno and university President Graham Spanier, Ah Ching scratched Penn State off his list of where he'd continue his football career.“It's very devastating to have a top-tiered program and have them drop like that,” said Ah Ching. “That really did play a big impact on where I wanted to go.”Otto Ah Ching, Adam’s dad, supports his decision.“Do you want to be associated with the mess that's still going to come down the road here?” said Otto Ah Ching.Ah Ching says other young football players like himself feel the same.“All these recruits are decommiting because of that,” said Ah Ching. “It’s sad, depressing and devastating.”Ah Ching said he hasn't decided on which college he'll continue his football career with.
This should put an end to the "Sandusky was not associated with Penn State at all" argument.
Yep.
Who in the world was making that argument? There were reports at the beginning of the week that he was at the gym on campus last week. :confused:
Well, at least some people defending Paterno were trying to make the case that he had no authority over Sandusky since Sandusky was no longer on his staff and had no official affiliation with the football program.

Yep.
mostly this guy, but I think he came around eventually.
This was OUTSIDE the program...it had ZERO to do with the team.

Yep.
Well, at least some people defending Paterno were trying to make the case that he had no authority over Sandusky since Sandusky was no longer on his staff and had no official affiliation with the football program.
Sigh. And that is true in the legal sense. Sure, maybe Joe could have ordered Curley to fire him or get him off campus but Joe himself cannot do that. But I can't find anyone in here saying that he was not associated with Penn State anymore AT ALL. That's just silly. Of course he was. That's the problem!

Yep.
mostly this guy, but I think he came around eventually.
This was OUTSIDE the program...it had ZERO to do with the team.
OK, thanks. I like renesauz but that's silly. However, legally they are right that Paterno could not have had Sandusky fired at that instant of finding out or whatever.

What does everyone think of the Cars.com thing with pulling their sponsorship from ESPN for the next two games? Are any of you going to boycott any of the advertisers you see on the next couple of PSU games? Seems sort of remote. A bigger probability is that PSU Alum/fans will decide never to use Cars.com again. Which way do you think that will fall? And I'm talking financially since yes I know they could just be proving a point even if it costs them money? Anyone going to stop buying Pepsi products because they advertise in Beaver stadium?

Yep.
Sigh. And that is true in the legal sense. Sure, maybe Joe could have ordered Curley to fire him or get him off campus but Joe himself cannot do that. But I can't find anyone in here saying that he was not associated with Penn State anymore AT ALL. That's just silly. Of course he was. That's the problem!
And of course, Paterno doesn't have to be Sandusky's superior to call the ####### police.

What does everyone think of the Cars.com thing with pulling their sponsorship from ESPN for the next two games? Are any of you going to boycott any of the advertisers you see on the next couple of PSU games? Seems sort of remote. A bigger probability is that PSU Alum/fans will decide never to use Cars.com again. Which way do you think that will fall? And I'm talking financially since yes I know they could just be proving a point even if it costs them money? Anyone going to stop buying Pepsi products because they advertise in Beaver stadium?
I'm boycotting everyone who uses blue or white on their logo...or has a lion as their mascot...or is located in a Valley...or is Happy.That should cover it.

Lots of people posting on Twitter that this story is false.

Lots of people posting on Twitter that this story is false.
thanks.they posted an update to the story:
Friday Update: WYFF News 4 has called and emailed Penn State to find out if Sandusky was still scouting or recruiting for Penn State recently in the Upstate. No one from the University has commented.Ah Ching’s coach, Greer High School’s Will Young, says he is not aware anyone representing Penn State attended a spring game.Ah Ching stands by his story that Sandusky was in the stands.
I guess he likes to make up stories?https://twitter.com/#!/rivalsmike

It's equally shameful that the students are supporting the cover-up of the kid rape. Has Victim #1 received death threats yet?

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/munson-111110a/here-how-penn-state-fix-football-culture

One remedy: Penn State without footballThese are desperate times for the university. They might require desperate measures.
Not that it matters to anyone, but I will support the BoT if they decide to shut the program down. My brother and I discussed this today (he's also an alum) and we're both ashamed of our school.
What would be the purpose of shutting down the football program? If this had been a creative writing professor would they shut down the English department?

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/munson-111110a/here-how-penn-state-fix-football-culture

One remedy: Penn State without football

These are desperate times for the university. They might require desperate measures.
Not that it matters to anyone, but I will support the BoT if they decide to shut the program down. My brother and I discussed this today (he's also an alum) and we're both ashamed of our school.
As a complete outsider, I don't think the entire school is to blame, nor should the legacy of Penn State come crashing down. It's one of the best school's in the country and the alumni (by all accounts) are good, productive human beings. When I read the report yesterday, I was struck by the fact that the police and the DA knew all about Sandusky and did nothing more than admonish and warn him. This travesty is much bigger than the school itself. The fact that authorities knew about the abuse and did nothing about it leads me to believe that this isn't just a Penn State problem...it's a national crisis. Why are our kids not receiving protection and justice? A man showering naked with another child should be shot and killed arrested and have his day in court, not warned over the phone. I dunno...I feel bad for the Penn State grads who are suffering through this.

These are desperate times for the university. They might require desperate measures.
As a complete outsider, I don't think the entire school is to blame, nor should the legacy of Penn State come crashing down. It's one of the best school's in the country and the alumni (by all accounts) are good, productive human beings. When I read the report yesterday, I was struck by the fact that the police and the DA knew all about Sandusky and did nothing more than admonish and warn him. This travesty is much bigger than the school itself. The fact that authorities knew about the abuse and did nothing about it leads me to believe that this isn't just a Penn State problem...it's a national crisis. Why are our kids not receiving protection and justice? A man showering naked with another child should be shot and killed arrested and have his day in court, not warned over the phone. I dunno...I feel bad for the Penn State grads who are suffering through this.
Of course you should. Everybody should, and they shouldn't have to be labelled as insensitive to the victims by saying so. In fact, the students and especially the football team are also giant victims in this, though clearly in a completely different classification as the assaulted victims. Their entire college experience is ruined. One of the best seasons in a while has been irrevocably derailed and no matter what they do, they lose. Win one for Joe? The child rape enabler fired in disgrace and forever be reminded that they dedicated a gigantic win to someone who it may turn out turned his back on child rape? Be totally unfocused and get creamed on possibly the most scrutinized game of the season NCAA-wide? Shut Joe out of their thought process and play while shunning him and feel that nag of guilt for the good Joe's done for the rest of thier lives, and then possibly find out that Joe was largely in the dark and add that extra weight of guilt? Plus their football career, for the returning players, being in doubt at either that school or anywhere. It's heartbreaking just for those kids, and like I said, that's a geometric factor, or more, less damaging than the kids assaulted. It's absolutely no win for the team and for the school in regards to their season. I don't think it's wrong in the least to feel sorry for them at all.

http://espn.go.com/e...ootball-culture

I don't know if I would agree with it, but maybe they should do it to burst the Penn State bubble. They own that area, obviously. It's one thing to have your own people protecting their own and the Penn St aura from scandal. But to have law enforcement bow down to the almighty State college to protect the image, and subsequently a monster, is above and beyond. Maybe it would be good to actually change the focus of a college, to something important like say, education? Instead of football. And set an example that no one is or should be untouchable, especially with such heinous criminal activity going on.

McQueary tells PSU wideouts he's out as coach and in "protective custody"

Link
I wonder if the threats against him are for "the right" reasons. Are they for not stopping the rape of a 10 year old? Or are they for the appearance of taking down Paterno and the football program.

He could have saved himself, Paterno, and the others by lying to the grand jury.Seems like it had probably been eating away at him for years. At least he did the right thing even though it was years too late and relied on other people coming forward first.
everything about htis makes me sick but you are right at least this is one thing he did that was right and good but he still didnt do it quick enough and it still means that more kids got raped and abused because he ketp quiet and that makes me angry and really sad but at least he finally came right on it which might mean something at his judgment day but it does not in any way mean he should still be allowed to coach or even be ever employed around kids again in any profession sometimes you have to do the time for your crime i guess the best he can do is accept it and go about living better and trying to make right for his silence but he cant expect anyone to give him a ton of credit in the here and now ethics and justice are a funny bunch of fish

Users who are viewing this thread