What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (3 Viewers)

Rutgers needed that one. 
So did IU, and they completely sh** the bed after looking great the first 10-15 minutes of the game.  I wasn't paying close attention, but it seemed like IU went from up double-digits to down 5 right before the half in no time.  And it only got worse from there LOL.

So did IU, and they completely sh** the bed after looking great the first 10-15 minutes of the game.  I wasn't paying close attention, but it seemed like IU went from up double-digits to down 5 right before the half in no time.  And it only got worse from there LOL.
That's pretty much how it happened. Rutgers was down 15 and went on a 62-27 run from there. 

The first half was back and forth, but Michigan went on one of their patented runs in the second and won easily by 22.  Dickinson more than held his own against Garza, which was really impressive as well.

Illinois eeks out a win in Wisconsin w/o Ayo. 

What a comeback by Wi......Trice. He was absolutely unconscious the last 2 minutes. As hot as you'll ever see a basketball player. 19 points by him the final 2+ minutes (!!!!).

No Ayo tonight. That really sucks.
Reading this morning that their focus is national, and it's doubtful they'd catch Michigan in the conference standings.  But too bad for Ayo and his national exposure.  For his sake, and Illinois', I hope he's back soon.

Go Blue.

Does Indiana ever play in a game where they don’t get blown out or win barely. I’d wager big bucks they lose this game to MSU.

I hate blowing through coaches but Archie has been a huge disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
On cue, IU airball, 3 pointer by MSU, give the ball to the lesser skilled big man on the block who proceeds to get stripped immediately. 

Turning this #### off.

My Illini squeaked by with Ayo tonight...

-QG
Turns out the team is more than just Ayo and Kofi.  Who knew...  Trent Frazier was scoring 14ppg or so his first two years before Ayo showed up.  Giorgi was 12ppg his freshman year before Kofi showed up.

Curbelo needs to start thinking a step or two ahead.  Can't just dribble into the lane and start pivoting around.  

Turns out the team is more than just Ayo and Kofi.  Who knew...  Trent Frazier was scoring 14ppg or so his first two years before Ayo showed up.  Giorgi was 12ppg his freshman year before Kofi showed up.

Curbelo needs to start thinking a step or two ahead.  Can't just dribble into the lane and start pivoting around.  
They played great and kicked Michigan's ### last night Great win.

On cue, IU airball, 3 pointer by MSU, give the ball to the lesser skilled big man on the block who proceeds to get stripped immediately. 

Turning this #### off.
I've basically stopped paying attention to the schedule. They've managed to make me lose interest in the team. :kicksrock:

So am I right that 10 of the 14 B1G teams have been ranked at some point this year?  Did I miss a week for Indiana, Maryland, Penn St :lmao:  or  Nebraska :lmao:    :lmao:   :lmao: ?

-QG

It's a tough watch without the atmosphere.  
CBB in general or Maryland specifically?

I find Maryland to be a tough watch because Turgeon's offense is boring and unimaginative.  I cancelled my cable TV or I'd probably go my brother's route and start watching low/mid-majors like the Ivy and Patriot.

CBB in general or Maryland specifically?

I find Maryland to be a tough watch because Turgeon's offense is boring and unimaginative.  I cancelled my cable TV or I'd probably go my brother's route and start watching low/mid-majors like the Ivy and Patriot.
In general.  

as long as I can remember Maryland basketball, it seems like they have always underwhelmed with few exceptions.  Can’t believe they lost at NU last night.

My only worry with Michigan heading into tourney time is the lack of tight games. I can’t remember a single close game all year. Will they be able to keep their composure, make free throws and be tough on a tie game with 2 minutes left?

My only worry with Michigan heading into tourney time is the lack of tight games. I can’t remember a single close game all year. Will they be able to keep their composure, make free throws and be tough on a tie game with 2 minutes left?
Easy solution - just win every tournament game by 20.

And you're forgetting their overtime squeaker against Oakland of all teams.

Easy solution - just win every tournament game by 20.

And you're forgetting their overtime squeaker against Oakland of all teams.
Yeah keep winning by 20 and who cares. I don’t see them sweeping the NCAA without a close game though. Also a close early win over Oakland might not have been quite the high pressure situation to fully prep them for a tough sweet 16 game though.

Yeah keep winning by 20 and who cares. I don’t see them sweeping the NCAA without a close game though. Also a close early win over Oakland might not have been quite the high pressure situation to fully prep them for a tough sweet 16 game though.
No, you're right - they're a great free-throw shooting team, but they do seem to miss at a much higher rate when the free throws come at key points in the game

Don't get too far ahead of yourself.  

The future looks bright (the present ain’t bad either). They’re very good but probably not so good that any of them will move  on to the NBA anytime soon. 
If it clicks for Ivey and the game comes to him quickly, he'll be gone after 2 years IMO. The flashes of talent he's shown so far don't come along that often.  

Users who are viewing this thread