What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

Anyone giving Mark Reynolds a look?  Haven't seen him play lately but the numbers are strong in the ol SSS.   He gets a week in Colorado for me to fill in for moose

Smack Tripper said:
Anyone giving Mark Reynolds a look?  Haven't seen him play lately but the numbers are strong in the ol SSS.   He gets a week in Colorado for me to fill in for moose
Currently sporting a .481 BABIP. That's not close to sustainable even when you factor in Coors. His K rate is still as bad as always.

That said, there are worse fliers to take than a guy with his power in Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happ is 5-0?  :loco:
Since arbitrary end point August 14th, MLB ERA leaders are:

Arrietta 0.74

Happ 1.67

Kershaw 1.75

...also now leads majors with 7 quality starts.  I'm getting these stats out now because I can't imagine they hold for too long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Fielder... buy-low or washed-up?
If you are wanting him for power, I probably wouldn't make that move.  If you are betting on a return of the AVG/OBP and can get him on the cheap, that's fine IMO.  But he looked like the fat Rod Carew last year, and hasn't put up an ISO north of .180 since 2012. 

Think I'm getting ready to Rubby one out.

Holding batters to a .633 OPS in his 6 starts.

In those starts, a 3.71 ERA / 1.12 WHIP, 8.2 K/9 and a 3/1 K/BB ratio.

Overall #s, including 3 relief appearances, his GB% is pushing 54%

FIP(3.65) and xFIP (3.52) both suggest its not only sustainable, but could improve.

Last 4 starts have been against 4 of the top 9 OPS teams in baseball (PIT / STL / @MIA / @COL)

3-1 with 3 QS

2.08 ERA

0.88 WHIP

26Ks in 26Inn with only 6BB

.177/.240/.522

Ya last night I thought if I'm not using him against LAA, he's a dump. The W saved some of the roto value, but he was still awful. I think I'm out. 

any time you can take fantasy baseball advice from a guy on the internet about his experience with rupturing an achilles, ya gotta do it

I sat him for this one, but Jon Gray is dealing tonight.  Barring an implosion, FAAB bids could get pretty big on him (and an implosion is a decent possibility as it happens often when his pitch count gets around 100). 

Rollin' out Bauer today. The walks are still a little high, but everything else is pointing in the right direction (velocity, groundballs, swinging strikes all trending up). Of course, he's exactly the sort of guy that could get bombed by the Twins. I desperately need some post-hype breaking out from Bauer and Gray.

Lucas Giolito was just dropped in one of my leagues. Taillon also sitting on the waiver wire.

I've currently got Lincecum, Urias and B. Snell stashed on my bench. Anyone I pick up would be usable only through the end of next season, when they would have to get thrown back into the draft.

Leaning grabbing Taillon, and probably drop Snell. Thoughts?

Lucas Giolito was just dropped in one of my leagues. Taillon also sitting on the waiver wire.

I've currently got Lincecum, Urias and B. Snell stashed on my bench. Anyone I pick up would be usable only through the end of next season, when they would have to get thrown back into the draft.

Leaning grabbing Taillon, and probably drop Snell. Thoughts?
Why not drop Lincecum for Taillion? I'm not sure what can be reasonably expected from Lincecum at this point. 

I'm passing on Giolito for now myself, outside of really deep keepers/dynasties. I'll pay attention when he actually pitches well above A ball (which surely could be at anytime).

Yeah, how could lincecum be a serious consideration in dyno over those arms?  I know TINSTAAPP and all that, but it seems like Timmy will be lucky to ever pitch again, right?  And even if he does, what is the upside?

Actually, I did double-check Fangraphs to see if maybe Timmy had a little brother or cousin tearing up the Minors that maybe Dickie was talking about.

Yeah, how could lincecum be a serious consideration in dyno over those arms?  I know TINSTAAPP and all that, but it seems like Timmy will be lucky to ever pitch again, right?  And even if he does, what is the upside?
Thing is, it's not a true dynasty. It's a keep-five league and guys can only be kept once. At some point, I might need a pitcher who actually could help me this year. Then again, I have no idea if Lincecum is that.

Will roll the dice that Taillon comes up soon and won't be on a big IP limit.

Just dropped Timmah for Taillon. Five minutes later, the word comes out that he's close to signing with the Angels.

Oh well. No looking back.

Users who are viewing this thread