What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8 yrs post 30k legal battle, WI Wallaby guy obtains proper permits to own Zebra... (1 Viewer)

You'll want to spend some time studying their fighting technique to prepare yourself for what's in store. Kangaroos seem more adept with the

If those were my wallabies, I would make a video of them fighting wearing hockey jerseys and helmets, with little hockey gloves thrown down on the ground at their feet.

You'll want to spend some time studying their fighting technique to prepare yourself for what's in store. Kangaroos seem more adept with the

:boxing: Hooter you are doomed! Your only option at this point is to get another wallaby to keep the first one busy. If not you better invest in some good headgear, a mouthpiece and a flack jacket. :boxing:

He sucks at posing for pictures, if I get in front of him with a camera he just wants to cling to me. Darn thing can cross a room in three hops and be clutched to your pant leg before you know it. Also, it hisses now at the dog a bit and it ate part of an onion it wanted out of the fridge this morning.
ahh.. next step will be a random sucker punch to the dog.. then an all out assult..dog better watch his back
Yes, I have a dilemma.I like encouraging Toby just as much as I feel sympathy for the dog.
Like any pet, whatever you let it do or especially encourage it to do now, it's going to want to do for the rest of its life.If you don't want it deciding to box people at random when it's an adult, you need to discourage it now. If you don't want it thinking hissing at other animals is the way to handle things, you need to discourage it now.

That said, I think animals do need to find their own pecking order.
I realize this, and it is extremely tempting to play with him more rough. I do worry about the safety of my son, the dog should be able to take care of himself for the most part, I'm not much of a coddler. I do have a spray bottle of water when he is misbehaving, anything physical and he thinks you are playing. The jumping up and clinging to your pant leg or arm while you are walking by is already getting a bit old.
don't wear shorts :unsure:

To answer a question about the large toe. That is what they use to eviscerate their prey, and what the hang upside down from when they sleep.
:shock: WHAT?!?!?!?!

Not really digging the diaper.
I'm working on getting him some type of pants. I'm thinking "Hulk" style denim.
:thumbup: jorts and a tiny wife beater would be :moneybag:

I give it about 3 months. You are going to get sick of that little dude. But it is going to be a very entertaining thread all the way until the end.

I realize this, and it is extremely tempting to play with him more rough. I do worry about the safety of my son, the dog should be able to take care of himself for the most part, I'm not much of a coddler. I do have a spray bottle of water when he is misbehaving, anything physical and he thinks you are playing. The jumping up and clinging to your pant leg or arm while you are walking by is already getting a bit old.
Only 3 days into this epic tale... :lmao:
Oof.

Cool. Does that thing have just one toe on its back legs?
It's got three toes, but the middle toe has two nails and can pinch together. The outside toes are much smaller. If it didn't have fur on it it would almost look like a turkey claw.
I recommend you start clipping the claws on his back feet. That's how he will do maximum damage. Whether by intent or accident those hind claws can do some serious damage and absolutely leave permanent scars.

Young wallabies are called joeys, and both males and females will want to play-box. While cute when they're young and small, this behavior can grow into an obnoxious habit after they reach their full height of 2 ½ to 3 feet, and 30 to 40 pounds in weight. Although females lose interest in this type of play as they get older, the males love it. In fact, if you don't discourage boxing while they're young, a male wallaby will delight in pummeling you even more as he gets older.

http://www.petplace.com/small-mammals/unusual-pets-wallabies/page1.aspx

Can we get some video of this little guy in action? Someone wanted to see him chilling on the couch watching TV... I would like to see that too.

at 0:42.

I think you need to seriously consider investing in a 2nd wallaby. Things could only get exponentially better this way. At least for us.

'hooter311 said:
Also, it hisses now at the dog a bit and it ate part of an onion it wanted out of the fridge this morning.
And so it begins....
'hooter311 said:
'The Hank said:
I'm not sure if this has been covered, does Toby sleep inside or outside?
I've been going to bed with a t-shirt and a hoody and he sleeps between the layers for bonding purposes.
:lmao: :lmao:

Contract pending, I will give you $1,000 to let me borrow your wallaby and fly it somewhere to deal with an ant problem.

'hooter311 said:
'The Hank said:
I'm not sure if this has been covered, does Toby sleep inside or outside?
I've been going to bed with a t-shirt and a hoody and he sleeps between the layers for bonding purposes. I have to leave the A/C cranked to be able to stand the little hot pocket but it has been tolerable so far.When I leave for the day I leave his drawstring bag hanging from the laundry room door and he spends the day in there. He can hop in and out of it on his own but as far as I know he doesn't if I'm not there. When I am there he is usually in the room with me fiddling with something.
Man talk about a stage five clinger!!!

'cstu said:

Seems to be the MO in all those videos.I'm trying to formulate a plan, in my mind, for wallaby combat, should the situation arise (or in hooters case, when).

Looks like the drop-kick to the stomach or sack is the first problem to avoid.

Rule #1 is clearly, no face-to-face grappling.

Not sure where to go from there.

A couple of questions for anyone who knows:

Do they need to be grappling to deliver the powerful kick?

What's the biting situation?

I'm wondering how many items have been swept off of coffee tables and the like by the hopping tail of death? Or not big enough for that yet?

Does it fart? Does it wave its tail around afterward to disperse the odor?

Seriously - you need to set up a video camera trained on the front door and a second one pointing from the front door down the street. Then invite over the most uptight and skittish people you know, don't tell them that you have a wallaby, then have it walk into the room once they're fully inside. :yes: The "W...TF?" looks you'll get as they scream out the door...

"We've replaced Becca's hamster with a damn wallaby. Let's see if she notices..."

Confirmed that he likes corn chips:

ETA: We Wiscony folk are very easily amused.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering how many items have been swept off of coffee tables and the like by the hopping tail of death? Or not big enough for that yet?
Center coffee table has to go. He has a very nimble manuever of bouncing from one couch across the room to the next. Sometimes he attempts to use the coffee table as a launch pad. It is of cross, glass top and slippery and he wipes out nearly every time.I've lost a floor lamp, that is all so far. Luckily I'm a minimalist when it comes to having possessions to terrorize.

Any updates? :popcorn:
I don't know if it's because he is a baby, or if it's because he is completely awesome but his only two speeds are bouncing off the wall or cuddling with you. I can't wait for the day I catch him napping with the dog in the dog bed. They seem to have at least come to an agreement. Toby is the new #3 in the household.

and this is what happens when he hears rumors about you having sunflower seeds:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uqpxUuu40c&context=C431a8d5ADvjVQa1PpcFPwUsTJlewJ3ZaVfJY0XJjjJ_s3So1Lefg=
he's really cute.. just hope he never gets the taste for human flesh

Dude you seriously need to check with someone at the A&E or NatGeo channels. I'd seriously watch a 'My Life with a Wallaby' show.

Dude you seriously need to check with someone at the A&E or NatGeo channels. I'd seriously watch a 'My Life with a Wallaby' show.
Seriously. Compared to some of those totally unwatchable train wrecks out there, this would be money.

Neighbor asked me if I was "morally" ok with keeping it as a pet. As long as it gets exercise, I really don't see what the problem is. I'm really hesitant with taking him outside unleashed at this point because he is still a bit skittish. Hopefully I'll be able to test him a bit by the end of the summer.

These things are basically giant rats in the wild, correct? Is a full food dish and a house to roam around in adequate to the wild? I'm sure some of us have different opinions on this. I'm actually surprised I haven't got much flack in here so far, even for the sake of argument.

Neighbor asked me if I was "morally" ok with keeping it as a pet. As long as it gets exercise, I really don't see what the problem is. I'm really hesitant with taking him outside unleashed at this point because he is still a bit skittish. Hopefully I'll be able to test him a bit by the end of the summer.

These things are basically giant rats in the wild, correct? Is a full food dish and a house to roam around in adequate to the wild? I'm sure some of us have different opinions on this. I'm actually surprised I haven't got much flack in here so far, even for the sake of argument.
Not really.I would give you more flak but I don't want to be the downer of the thread.

Not really.I would give you more flak but I don't want to be the downer of the thread.
It's cool man. Your opinion is valid.

Neighbor asked me if I was "morally" ok with keeping it as a pet. As long as it gets exercise, I really don't see what the problem is. I'm really hesitant with taking him outside unleashed at this point because he is still a bit skittish. Hopefully I'll be able to test him a bit by the end of the summer.These things are basically giant rats in the wild, correct? Is a full food dish and a house to roam around in adequate to the wild? I'm sure some of us have different opinions on this. I'm actually surprised I haven't got much flack in here so far, even for the sake of argument.
Why give you flack? All the research says they can become great pets. People being ignorant on Wallabys as pets doesn't change the fact that if raised right they make great pets.

Why give you flack? All the research says they can become great pets. People being ignorant on Wallabys as pets doesn't change the fact that if raised right they make great pets.
:lmao: No, no it doesn't.

That's a good question and one that might take this thread away from the total awesomeness that it is.As long as the roadside zoo isn't some sort of wallaby "puppy mill", I have no problem with you keeping him as a pet. It's not like you can release him into the wild, or ship him back to Australia or New Zealand. I doubt that even a legitimate zoo would take him in.

I like what you mentioned earlier about finding a more rural home. I would think it would be nice if he had more space for when he gets older.

What I don't want to see is a thread titled "I had to give the wallaby up to the humane society".
That won't happen. And I don't think this place sold many, if any to the public. They were content to have us pay the $8 to pet everything. I scored a free admission for the two of us with the purchase. #discountGuy looked at me like I was from another planet when I offered him the cash.

Users who are viewing this thread