What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (7 Viewers)

So he's either playing this Sunday or selling cars for the rest of his life. This is the conclusion I can accurately draw from the information readily available.

Jay Feely said players weren't going to get hosed by some arbitrary date. He would actually know. Gordon gets 0.
your source is an out of work kicker, he has less nfl clout than Giselle

i can just see him pounding the table saying "it is not fair" and 30 other player reps telling him S T F U kicker

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's 10 games, people are going to drop him. Then he will be sitting out there until some team is close to clinching a playoff spot, then pick him up for the playoffs.

If it's 10 games, people are going to drop him. Then he will be sitting out there until some team is close to clinching a playoff spot, then pick him up for the playoffs.
I cant imagine any league > 10 teams is dropping this guy, unless u have 1 bench spot that is. He's easily good enough to stash for 11 weeks

I cant imagine any league > 10 teams is dropping this guy, unless u have 1 bench spot that is. He's easily good enough to stash for 11 weeks
With BYE weeks and injuries, that will be tough. Unless you have a large bench, which we don't.

no matter how this ends i'll be so sad once it is gone

in the 2019 season i'll bump this to remind us all of the good old days of josh gordon

Ojaays wasn't kidding when his appeal was denied that we were just in the 4th or 5th inning. It's been a complete roller coaster since then. Bottom of the 9th now, though and it looks like the Gordonites are going to win, but it's a shallow victory b/c it entails a ten-game roster albatross.

Still though, on a PPG basis, this guy could be a real difference maker come fantasy playoff weeks. Even with three strong WRs on my squads, I'm going to hold unless someone offers me a wow trade.

Just another reminder of why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l99Ex6F8GU

I hate that one person, who knows little to nothing about what is really going on, says 10 games and then all these other bucket heads pick it up and start parroting. The vote hadn't even happened yet. The players could easily reject this iteration and it goes back for more negotiating. If Gordon is facing ten games under this iteration (which I'm not really site that he is) then based on the comments of Feely, an actual negotiator in this, it won't pass.

This is far from done IMO. Players won't approve if Gordon is getting more than 0.

Adrian Peterson was just indicted in Texas for what Sirius NfFL terms as child abuse.ust turn himself in.

I hate that one person, who knows little to nothing about what is really going on, says 10 games and then all these other bucket heads pick it up and start parroting. The vote hadn't even happened yet. The players could easily reject this iteration and it goes back for more negotiating. If Gordon is facing ten games under this iteration (which I'm not really site that he is) then based on the comments of Feely, an actual negotiator in this, it won't pass.

This is far from done IMO. Players won't approve if Gordon is getting more than 0.
well he already got 1, so 0 is off the table ;)

I'm here.

I dont know what to believe.

Said all day could be 0, 8, 16

I just dont fully understand how "we'll punish you under the new policy, but wont let you free under the new policy"

even tho Henry Ford explained it. Just seems like a can of worms

Salfino suggests that Gordon might have a violation which hasn't been made public.

Maybe Gordon did something else? What are the four offenses? That there were two plus this was very public.
https://twitter.com/MichaelSalfino/status/510529883374895104
Like I said...
Open ended.

Either yes, Gordon did something else

or

He's wondering what that numbskull Cabot is talking about. She's made a career of misinformation

I understand what the NFL is getting out of this (HGH program) but what's in it for the players? A few players get a one time suspension reduction in return for a whole new category of testing that will suspend even more players?

@MichaelSalfino · 4m

If all of a sudden this is Gooden's fourth violation, I don't know what to say. There could not be more reporting that this was his third.

@MichaelSalfino · 3m

And also, this violation is now not even a violation. As crazy it is to say, I would fade all these reports because they seem nonsensical.

@4for4_Josh · 3m

@MichaelSalfino that article really doesn’t make any sense, on many levels. I’m just waiting. No point in rushing to be wrong.

This is like hoping to find the Christmas gift I really really wanted under the tree

If it's under the limit, how is it a 4th violation? Were all the violations under the limit?
Million dollar ? right now.

ETA: Mary Kay Cabot is almost always wrong. So who knows where the #### this will go. Regardless, I just want it all to go away. Sick of hearing about it 24/7.

@MichaelSalfino · 4m
If all of a sudden this is Gooden's fourth violation, I don't know what to say. There could not be more reporting that this was his third.

@MichaelSalfino · 3m
And also, this violation is now not even a violation. As crazy it is to say, I would fade all these reports because they seem nonsensical.

@4for4_Josh · 3m
@MichaelSalfino that article really doesn’t make any sense, on many levels. I’m just waiting. No point in rushing to be wrong.
Pastor Gooden fell off the wagon??

Now she's saying it could be 12 games due to his DWI...

If she's wrong I hope she gets fired.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

thy just freaking negotiated this DUI stuff... how stupid is she???????????/

he hasnt even gone to court yet ffs

I feel like the violation/no violation thing has been covered.....He popped on his test 6 days before the date for the new lower limit.

Does anybody know the significance of the new rules starting on March 11, 2014? Is this an arbitrary date or something formal within the league?

Im gonna take an hour off and wait for the REAL news.

So many of these guys have been wrong, it's tiring. I need to eat

See ya'll in a bit

Josh Gordon suspension calculation formula just released:

x = 3i(mchammered-v/~)+pi (because Josh prefers pie when he's stoned)

This is from a source close to both Washington State and Colorado so it must be ..... ohhhh, nevermind.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Ps:

If someone can name these 4 apparent violations, thatd be great

3 has been the number by ALL media and ALL personalities up to now.

Magically it's 4 today

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread