What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (13 Viewers)

Gordon was a product of RGIII. Just look at the video where the CB's are clearly watching ball fakes, how can you say a say a guy is a burner because of that? To me that says the gameplan was to hell with Gordon, don't let RG3 out of the pocket. And then mention he can be Calvin Johnson smh. If your going to say that then show me a team who was game planing to stop him, yet he's still making circus catches vs double teams 30 yards down the field. I doubt that video exist because RGIII Olympic speed is the reason he single covered in any video I see of him. Oh and 3 targets 0 catches in the Browns first preseason game. Weeden was trying to force it to him but he wasn't open at all. Same goes for Kendall Wright. If they were really burning people it would show in the 40 time.Who ever tweeted that he ran a 4.3 I'd unfollow.
Please tell me where you saw any video of him.
I guess you didn't see the first post of the tread. This guy didn't exist until two weeks before the supplemental draft.
I'm not saying I know anything about him. But you saw a few plays from one game of a camcorder who records half of a TV with a grainy image and you deduced all that?EDIT: You also said that he was always single covered because of RGIII in any video you've seen of him...you haven't seen much video of him then...And neither have I...but I don't go around acting like I saw all of his tape instead of a few plays and not even a whole game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Latest news on Gordon is very promising.

My link

Weeden, Gordon starting to shine in Browns' passing game

BEREA — Everybody has talked about the experience Josh Gordon lacks.

It’s time to take notice of the experience he is acquiring.

After some rough spots in training camp, Gordon looked brilliant — at least in the context of Browns wide receivers — for a second straight practice.

His size (6-foot-3, 225 pounds), strength and quickness make it look almost impossible to cover him one on one on a slant route.

If he is covered, he still puts up a fierce battle for the ball, a trait that has commanded the attention of quarterback Brandon Weeden. On one 11-on-11 throw Monday, Gordon streaked down the left sideline toward cornerback James Dockery.

The 6-1 Dockery is no shrimp, and he was beaten by no more than a quarter of a step when Gordon made his move to the outside. Still, Weeden smelled a play and gunned the ball Gordon’s way. It traveled more than 50 yards in the air, and when it arrived Dockery leaped in an attempted breakup.

Dockery’s body hit Gordon’s at the same time as the ball hit the receiver’s hands. Gordon hung on. It was the play of the day.

Gordon, 21, got off to a fast start in camp, but when he went into a lull, the obvious questions came up. Isn’t the youngest man on the team bound to struggle? Isn’t it even worse when that youngster sat out the 2011 college season?

The lull isn’t fully over. Gordon can still annoy coaches with his lack of attention to detail.

But in the last two days of practice, he’s back to looking like a whiz kid. He’s back to supporting GM Tom Heckert’s early-August theory that a three-receiver set featuring Mohamed Massaquoi and Gordon on the outside and Greg Little in the slot might do some damage.

Weeden’s impressive Monday practice boosted optimism. It’s one thing to recite the scouting report that Weeden can make all the throws. It’s another to see him do it live.

There was a lovely throw right on Massaquoi’s numbers on a deep cross.

There was a nice touch pass to running back Montario Hardesty, who rather than having to wait for the short throw had to sprint to the ball. He was going full speed when the ball settled into his outstretched hands.

There was a perfect strike to Little in a seam between cornerback Joe Haden and safety Eric Hagg.

Thoughout camp, Weeden has made a special effort to work out timing with Travis Benjamin, one of the fastest prospects the Browns have ever had.

The X-factor is Gordon, who might have the kind of special talent the Browns opted not to acquire in the 2011 and 2012 drafts, when they passed on Julio Jones and Justin Blackmon.

Gordon’s recent surge has fired up head coach Pat Shurmur.

“He’s had a lot of things running parallel,” Shurmur said after Monday’s practice. “The grind of training camp, the newness of playing the game again, learning our system ... facing competition.

“I don’t know if it was noticeable to you guys watching, but the last couple of days, he’s practicing faster. He’s catching the ball and running with it instead of catching and stopping.

“He’s learning how to do it better in practice. If we see it here, then it will translate to the game.”
This is a new development.The early glowing reports pertained to his physical abilities, size, speed, strength, and on how he used his natural physical abilities in passing drills but since he hadn't had time to learn the playbook and wasn't at full speed due to his quad pull the talk shifted to him getting a case of camp legs and then his struggles in the first preseason game.

The last game he made noticeable strides.

Then we get this news.

I've been following this closely so I'm very interested to see what Josh will do in the third preseason game.

The latest is a new development and very encouraging news.

Any further thoughts on this guy? I thought he looked pretty good against Philly last week, particularly his catch over Nnamdi. I got him in the 18th and final round of a 16-team draft so he's clearly way off the radar, but any chance he becomes a factor mid-to-late season? Yes I know it's the Browns

Um, not expecting a 'HUGE' breakout game but look for Josh Gordon to get an opportunity Sunday due to multiple injuries in the Browns receiving corps.

My link

BEREA: Rookie wide receiver Josh Gordon knows his best chance to break out might be on the horizon because the Browns are battered and bruised.

... “It’s a battle of attrition with a lot of guys in the league falling in and out, getting injured,” Gordon said. “Guys behind them like me, we definitely feel the pressure to step up, make big-time plays. When your number’s called, you definitely have to step up to the plate.”

Of the six players who were sidelined during practice, three were wide receivers: starter Mohamed Massaquoi (hamstring), Josh Cribbs (concussion) and rookie Travis Benjamin (undisclosed).

“We’re hoping for the best,” rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden said. “But if they’re not able to go, which we won’t know for several days, those other guys gotta step up.”

... If Massaquoi, Cribbs or Benjamin can’t return in time to face the Giants, the door could also open for Jordan Norwood or undrafted rookie Josh Cooper.

Norwood was inactive for the first three games, but he played Thursday night in the Browns’ 23-16 loss to the Baltimore Ravens and finished with four catches for 56 yards. The Browns dropped several passes against the Ravens, and Norwood was one of the culprits.
Brandon Weeden is throwing it around a lot, in the last three games he's averaging 293 passing yards. These are his pass attempts over the past three games:CIN - 37 attempts

BUF - 43 attempts

BAL - 52 attempts

The wide receivers are either gimped up, Massaquoi, Cribbs, Benjamin, OR they have had issues catching the ball, Greg Little and Norwood.

It doesn't appear as though the Browns will pull out to a lead and bleed the clock with the running game against the Giants so I think he will continue his high proportion of passing attempts and someone is going to get those targets.

Josh Gordon looks like he'll get a shot this Sunday to catch some of those pass attempts.

This 'might' be an early blip on the radar or it could even be the game where he steps up.

In any event it is newsorthy and well worth mentioning since he should get a lot of attempts Sunday.

I have my doubts because he didn't even get on the field last week until the 4th quarter - with Massaquoi inactive and Cribbs being knocked out over 2 quarters prior.

The coaching staff knows they're dead, so it makes sense for them to not trust a rookie that hadn't played football in 18 months and didn't get brought into camp until August. Since what they have been doing isn't working, so a last ditch hail mary on Gordon may be their play but definitely in wait-and-see mode here.

'plasticman said:
Wait and see mode correct...But they spent a second round pick on him, interesting to watch if he booms or busts?
He's also one of the youngest WR's in the league at 21.

I think its just a matter of time of when he learns how to beat the press off the line. Once he does, I think he's going to be very good. And with his age, he is the kind of guy you could give a mulligan year and still be younger than some guys you might draft in the 1st round next year (keeper/dynasty, of course).

I think its just a matter of time of when he learns how to beat the press off the line. Once he does, I think he's going to be very good. And with his age, he is the kind of guy you could give a mulligan year and still be younger than some guys you might draft in the 1st round next year (keeper/dynasty, of course).
My thought process, he gets the same rope as Little. On-the-job training this year, see how much he absorbs next year. Obviously, Little isn't there, maybe Gordon will get there.

Gordon gets the start Sunday and should get more attempts than he has in the past when he started when the Browns began in three-wide sets instead of two wide receivers because of the injuries to Mohammed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin and Josh Cribbs which basically eliminates the ability to run three-wide sets.

Additionally the coaches report Gordon has had his best practice of his young career this week and state he's scheduled for a heavier workload even after the injured wide receivers come back.

Also Greg Little states he's seen progress with Gordon picking up on some of the finer points of playing wide receiver.

My link

... With Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin dealing with hamstring injuries, Gordon said he will start Sunday.

I’m starting at the X position opposite of Greg because of the numbers that we have, guys down and whatnot,” Gordon said Thursday after practice. “So I’m definitely having to step up and fill a void for right now.”

Gordon has started twice this season, but the Browns opened in a three-receiver set on both occasions. With Massaquoi sidelined last week for the Browns’ 23-16 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Josh Cribbs started in his place but suffered a concussion when he absorbed a vicious hit during a punt return in the first quarter. Cribbs returned to practice Wednesday, but Gordon simultaneously seized his opportunity to earn a more prominent role.

“I thought he had his best practice as a professional [Wednesday],” offensive coordinator Brad Childress said of Gordon. “I didn’t see any hesitation. I didn’t see him thinking about anything. I saw him playing fast, catching the football, just doing all the things that a professional receiver, you expect to see.”

It wasn’t always the case with Gordon. The Browns drafted him July 12 in the second round of the supplemental draft, so he missed organized team activities and minicamps in the spring. He often looked lackadaisical during training camp and throughout the preseason.

Gordon said he agrees with Childress’ assessment and conceded he hasn’t always been at his best during practice.

“I haven’t been as consistent as the other day, I guess, and practicing as hard and as fast,” Gordon said. “But I definitely want to keep it up to that tempo from here on out.

“The coaches expect the best out of me every, every day, and I’m just trying to give that to them and really prove it to myself that I can go out there and compete and be consistent as much as possible.”

The Browns need Gordon to step up. Massaquoi and Benjamin haven’t practiced all week, so the receiving corps is short-handed. The sense of urgency created by the situation motivated Gordon to excel during his preparation for the Giants.

“You may look to the sideline and there’s nobody gonna come in for you,” he said. “There’s no break, there’s no rest. You’re pretty much gonna have to either man up to it and hold up to your responsibilities and that’s really what it came down to, and at this point there’s really nothing holding me back.”

Gordon has played 144-of-262 offensive snaps (55 percent) and has only seven catches for 93 yards. Childress said he believes Gordon is ready for a larger role in the offense.

“Different people, the light comes on at different times,” Childress said.

Gordon said it flickered because he wants to meet his own expectations, and he realized he’ll receive a golden opportunity to break out Sunday.

“I’m just trying to live up to the potential I think I can play at, perform on the big stage and make big plays,” Gordon said. “I hold high standards for myself. And really when other people are feeling as though I’m not playing up to those standards, I definitely have the urge to try to go prove that person, not necessarily wrong, but prove to myself that I can be accountable and be responsible and just be a guy that you could look toward in the team [as] a main go-to guy out there at wide receiver.”

Little believes Gordon has what it takes. And Little has noticed Gordon’s attention to detail and route running improve in recent practices.

“I definitely see a guy that just wants it,” Little said. “He wants it so much that you can see how it pours out of him ’cause he wants to push himself to be that elite playmaker.”
The praise can be brushed off but the bottom line is he's starting and won't be taken out or rested due to injuries so he should get more opportunities.

I think the shark play here is to own Weeden on the end of your bench. If Little and Gordon start catching the ball Weeden could easily be a viable fantasy option with their schedule.

Gordon is definitely on my radar after today. (I need someone to replace Amendola and pickings are getting pretty thin) From what I can see, CLE will be playing from behind a lot this year and someone besides Richardson will have to catch the ball. Not ready to pull the trigger just yet. I'm not sure who can be "the guy" in CLE if any.

Still, its a situation I'll be watching.

Weeden is #5 in the NFL in Passing Yards so they're going to go somewhere. Little disappoints, but he stays in. Massoquai seemed like the early season target favorite. Then Benjamin looked like his speed would set him apart. This situation is worth keeping an eye on because there will be plenty of yards to be had.

'Shutout said:
Bracie, what's the word? We getting gordon in there perm?
We knew about the injuries to the other wide receivers to provide the opportunity to Josh Gordon and I also saw this where Norwood was also excited with an opportunity but I wasn't anticipating him getting as many chances as he got.I didn't expect Norwood to blow up for two reasons. First, Greg Little wasn't the only receiver dropping passes against Baltimore, Norwood also had a few drops so I didn't think he would get as many opportunities as he got. Secondly, he never had a break-out type of game like that before so I felt that Gordon would get more opportunities but the way the game played where Gordon ripped the top off the defense that probably opened things up for Norwood who had a career game.

"Wide receiver Jordan Norwood registered career-highs in receptions (nine) and receiving yards (81). His previous career-bests were five receptions (at San Francisco on October 30, 2011) and 69 yards (at Cincinnati on November 27, 2011)."

This article appeared a few days before the game:

My link

Cleveland Browns: WR Jordan Norwood hopes to take advantage of extra time

BEREA, Ohio - As an undrafted free agent who spent his first two years on the practice squad, Jordan Norwood knows what it means to be patient.

And while being patient, Norwood prepared and dreamed about getting not only a chance to play, but also a chance to play more than a handful of downs.

Norwood was inactive the first three games of this season for the Cleveland Browns. He played last week and caught four passes for 56 yards in a loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Norwood finished tied for the team-high with 10 targets in the game.

Norwood could get even more time on Sunday against the New York Giants because of injuries to rookie Travis Benjamin and Mohamed Massaquoi. Josh Cribbs will play Sunday, but his time could be limited because he's coming off last week's hit that left him unconscious...
Norwood and Massaquoi are similiar players but Mo-Mass is a gimp-puppy. Even if this game was a break-out game for Norwood it probably means he'll cut into Massaquoi's and Benjamin's PT.Gordon is being groomed to be an X or the Browns #1 WR so the way I see it he will bump G-Little down to the Y or #2 WR leaving, Mo-Mass and Norwood and Benjamin/Cribbs, etc to scramble for playing time in the slot, third/fourth wideouts. Right now Gordon still hasn't broken thru IMHO but I think he's on his way.

Gordon seems to be focused on his goals. Brandon Weeden seems to know which plays will work with Gordon and maybe I'm reading into his comments but it seems to me like he feels this was a watershed moment in Gordon's development.

My link

... “I think it was something I needed to get done for myself, but I really have my mind set on team goals and aspirations and really just battling and trying to get a win,” Gordon said following the loss. “When I contribute to a win is when I’ll consider it a breakout game.”

QB Brandon Weeden on the 62 yard bomb to Gordon >>

--------On whether they schemed to get linebacker Chase Blackburn to cover Gordon on that play…

Weeden: "Yeah, we knew, kind of, what coverage we were going to get. It was all about that strong-side safety, you know, what he did. [Jordan] Cameron ran a little corner route on him and it's kind of all on him. If no, it matches Josh Gordon on the fly versus a linebacker. We dialed it up, and you love when those happen there, and they're perfect."

... “He needed that and offensively, we needed that,” Weeden said of Gordon’s first touchdown. “I liked that play all week and I thought it had a chance. I circled that one on my play sheet, one that I was hoping we would call and we dialed it up. We executed it kind of how we dialed it up and it’s always nice when it happens. That was part of the fast start. We just weren’t able to build on that.

Gordon caught a 20-yard touchdown -- his second of the game and season -- on a go-route at the 3:56 mark of the fourth quarter in Sunday’s game. Gordon’s reception cut the Browns’ deficit to 14 points at 41-27.

Gordon’s most prolific game in a Browns uniform came just three days after offensive coordinator Brad Childress said that the first-year wide receiver had his “best practice as a professional” on Wednesday.
The two routes he connected on mesh with Gordon's size and speed. He beat double coverage but got the mismatch against the linebacker and caught the safety being a lil-bit out of position and/or slow to provide help over the top. Gordon simply blew-by the LB and outright beat the safety.On the second TD he beat the corner off the line and the safety tried to cut in front of the throw but give Weeden credit, it was a PERFECT throw into a very teenie-tiny window and Gordon caught the ball in stride.

Both routes were verticle into double coverage, no comebacks or crossing routes, nothing really dazzling with moves, just raw powerful natural ability. I am really high on him long-term to develop into a solid #1 WR. The kid is only 21 years old, the youngest guy on the team. He's had the past 'issues' so the little blurb about Offensive Coordinator Brad Childress mentioning it was his 'best week of practice' that he had seen of Gordon implies to me that the coaches had to hunker down with Gordon this past week because they 'had to', IOWs they probably would prefer to work with veteran WRs who may not have the natural abilities of Gordon because its easier to deal with vets who they don't have to work as hard getting up to speed.

I think now the coaches see how much the extra work coaching Gordon can pay off so they will likely spend more time with him and give him more PT and Gordon will master things and the coaches won't have to work as hard so by the end of the year he could be a very good WR. I expect setbacks since he's so young and immature but the kid has legitimate natural ability that few have.

Norwood hopefully has earned more snaps but I think Gordon has too.

Greg Little was virtually ignored (targeted twice, no catches). Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin missed the game with hamstring injuries. Gordon became the go-to guy for Weeden and caught two touchdown passes.

'Shutout said:
Bracie, what's the word? We getting gordon in there perm?
We knew about the injuries to the other wide receivers to provide the opportunity to Josh Gordon and I also saw this where Norwood was also excited with an opportunity but I wasn't anticipating him getting as many chances as he got.I didn't expect Norwood to blow up for two reasons. First, Greg Little wasn't the only receiver dropping passes against Baltimore, Norwood also had a few drops so I didn't think he would get as many opportunities as he got. Secondly, he never had a break-out type of game like that before so I felt that Gordon would get more opportunities but the way the game played where Gordon ripped the top off the defense that probably opened things up for Norwood who had a career game.

"Wide receiver Jordan Norwood registered career-highs in receptions (nine) and receiving yards (81). His previous career-bests were five receptions (at San Francisco on October 30, 2011) and 69 yards (at Cincinnati on November 27, 2011)."

This article appeared a few days before the game:

My link

Cleveland Browns: WR Jordan Norwood hopes to take advantage of extra time

BEREA, Ohio - As an undrafted free agent who spent his first two years on the practice squad, Jordan Norwood knows what it means to be patient.

And while being patient, Norwood prepared and dreamed about getting not only a chance to play, but also a chance to play more than a handful of downs.

Norwood was inactive the first three games of this season for the Cleveland Browns. He played last week and caught four passes for 56 yards in a loss to the Baltimore Ravens. Norwood finished tied for the team-high with 10 targets in the game.

Norwood could get even more time on Sunday against the New York Giants because of injuries to rookie Travis Benjamin and Mohamed Massaquoi. Josh Cribbs will play Sunday, but his time could be limited because he's coming off last week's hit that left him unconscious...
Norwood and Massaquoi are similiar players but Mo-Mass is a gimp-puppy. Even if this game was a break-out game for Norwood it probably means he'll cut into Massaquoi's and Benjamin's PT.Gordon is being groomed to be an X or the Browns #1 WR so the way I see it he will bump G-Little down to the Y or #2 WR leaving, Mo-Mass and Norwood and Benjamin/Cribbs, etc to scramble for playing time in the slot, third/fourth wideouts. Right now Gordon still hasn't broken thru IMHO but I think he's on his way.

Gordon seems to be focused on his goals. Brandon Weeden seems to know which plays will work with Gordon and maybe I'm reading into his comments but it seems to me like he feels this was a watershed moment in Gordon's development.

My link

... “I think it was something I needed to get done for myself, but I really have my mind set on team goals and aspirations and really just battling and trying to get a win,” Gordon said following the loss. “When I contribute to a win is when I’ll consider it a breakout game.”

QB Brandon Weeden on the 62 yard bomb to Gordon >>

--------On whether they schemed to get linebacker Chase Blackburn to cover Gordon on that play…

Weeden: "Yeah, we knew, kind of, what coverage we were going to get. It was all about that strong-side safety, you know, what he did. [Jordan] Cameron ran a little corner route on him and it's kind of all on him. If no, it matches Josh Gordon on the fly versus a linebacker. We dialed it up, and you love when those happen there, and they're perfect."

... “He needed that and offensively, we needed that,” Weeden said of Gordon’s first touchdown. “I liked that play all week and I thought it had a chance. I circled that one on my play sheet, one that I was hoping we would call and we dialed it up. We executed it kind of how we dialed it up and it’s always nice when it happens. That was part of the fast start. We just weren’t able to build on that.

Gordon caught a 20-yard touchdown -- his second of the game and season -- on a go-route at the 3:56 mark of the fourth quarter in Sunday’s game. Gordon’s reception cut the Browns’ deficit to 14 points at 41-27.

Gordon’s most prolific game in a Browns uniform came just three days after offensive coordinator Brad Childress said that the first-year wide receiver had his “best practice as a professional” on Wednesday.
The two routes he connected on mesh with Gordon's size and speed. He beat double coverage but got the mismatch against the linebacker and caught the safety being a lil-bit out of position and/or slow to provide help over the top. Gordon simply blew-by the LB and outright beat the safety.On the second TD he beat the corner off the line and the safety tried to cut in front of the throw but give Weeden credit, it was a PERFECT throw into a very teenie-tiny window and Gordon caught the ball in stride.

Both routes were verticle into double coverage, no comebacks or crossing routes, nothing really dazzling with moves, just raw powerful natural ability. I am really high on him long-term to develop into a solid #1 WR. The kid is only 21 years old, the youngest guy on the team. He's had the past 'issues' so the little blurb about Offensive Coordinator Brad Childress mentioning it was his 'best week of practice' that he had seen of Gordon implies to me that the coaches had to hunker down with Gordon this past week because they 'had to', IOWs they probably would prefer to work with veteran WRs who may not have the natural abilities of Gordon because its easier to deal with vets who they don't have to work as hard getting up to speed.

I think now the coaches see how much the extra work coaching Gordon can pay off so they will likely spend more time with him and give him more PT and Gordon will master things and the coaches won't have to work as hard so by the end of the year he could be a very good WR. I expect setbacks since he's so young and immature but the kid has legitimate natural ability that few have.

Norwood hopefully has earned more snaps but I think Gordon has too.

Greg Little was virtually ignored (targeted twice, no catches). Mohamed Massaquoi and Travis Benjamin missed the game with hamstring injuries. Gordon became the go-to guy for Weeden and caught two touchdown passes.
:thumbup: Thank you, sir. Much appreciated! Good stuff as usual.

my only concern were the number of targets... but i would hope that would change going forward.....

seeing below post.. did n't know he had 8.. watched some of the game, only saw 2 others that were "more difficult" to catch.... one on the ground, one behind.. so maybe the target are right...

Gordon became the go-to guy for Weeden and caught two touchdown passes.
He also had a chance for an easy 3rd but Weeden threw the ball behind him.
saw he had 8 targets and the 2 TD's and this account for 3 but what of the other 5? PD's/poorly thrown/dropped? Didn't get to watch it so curious what happened. TIA

saw he had 8 targets and the 2 TD's and this account for 3 but what of the other 5? PD's/poorly thrown/dropped? Didn't get to watch it so curious what happened. TIA
Most of his other 6 targets were poor throws, probably the result of Weeden & Gordon not having worked together much in actual games. Fact that he was so heavily targeted, at the expense of Little, bodes well for Gordon. I think he'll be inconsistent this year since he's raw, but by end of year he should be their clear-cut #1 WR. Little was invisible in the game. Seems like the targets will be Gordon, Norwood, and Cameron in that order. Plus they throw screens to the RB's more than most teams, Trent getting 7 targets and Ogbonnaya 4.

The one slant that should have been a TD was behind him. There was another on 3rd and one that was high and ended up being picked off. I don't remember the others. There will be some hit and miss with Weeden, but Gordon is growing into the position.

As a WR3, he will be just fine, just don't expect much more than that and you will end very happy by the end of the yearas Weeden will put it up plenty before this year is over.

Most of his other 6 targets were poor throws, probably the result of Weeden & Gordon not having worked together much in actual games. Fact that he was so heavily targeted, at the expense of Little, bodes well for Gordon. I think he'll be inconsistent this year since he's raw, but by end of year he should be their clear-cut #1 WR. Little was invisible in the game. Seems like the targets will be Gordon, Norwood, and Cameron in that order. Plus they throw screens to the RB's more than most teams, Trent getting 7 targets and Ogbonnaya 4.
:thumbup: thanks.

Hmm...almost wrote off his performance last week, but my WW is picked clean. I dont like the fact that this came with Mass, Cribbs, AND Benjamin all out, but everything else sounds promising.

Was last week enough for him to have cemented himself as a WR for CLE that is getting top 2 WR snap counts??

I hope this fool goes off on Cincy this week, starting him as my #3 over "Gimpy Garçon." That said expecting a zero, carry on..

yes the other WRs were out, but seems they are throwing stuff against the wall to see what will stick.

think Gordon has a good chance to stick.

So...he's staying a starter, CLE receivers still banged up, Weeden's gunning it downfield, Richardson drawing men into the box. Yeah, plugging him over Avery and DHB this week. Seems like everything is lined up for some nice games from Gordon moving forward.

So MoMass and and Norwood are out this weekend. Benjamin is doubtful. They have to bring some guy named Josh Cooper up from the practice squad. I'm giving a long look Gordon now as he sits on every single one of my waivers. Weedan can sling it and teams need to account for TRich first and foremost.

I just can't realistically drop anyone but I am tempted.

So MoMass and and Norwood are out this weekend. Benjamin is doubtful. They have to bring some guy named Josh Cooper up from the practice squad. I'm giving a long look Gordon now as he sits on every single one of my waivers. Weedan can sling it and teams need to account for TRich first and foremost.

Teams will zero in on Gordon more without a good option in the slot.

Both WR Mohammed Massaquoi AND WR Jordan Norwood are OUT for Sunday's game against the Bengals.

Also WR Travis Benjamin is listed as DOUBTFUL so Gordon is set-up for another high target game.

My link

CLEVELAND BROWNS

Status Report

OUT

S Tashaun Gipson (knee), WR Mohamed Massaquoi (hamstring), WR Jordan Norwood (foot), CB Dimitri Patterson (ankle)

DOUBTFUL

WR Travis Benjamin (hamstring)

The other WR injuries for CLE, plus the matchup (I think Cincy's numbers have been boosted by playing poor QBs the last couple weeks), currently has Gordon in my 2nd flex over Avery, Bolden, and Ben Tate. Pretty sure Im going to keep him in there.

I'm starting him over a gimpy Garcon and a struggling Donnie Avery.

If Gordon is on your waiver wire, you really need to pick him up. NOW!

Don't sleep on cooper. He's not fast and he's definitely not known but he DID play with weeden so there might be enough familiarity there to make teams take notice

Don't sleep on cooper. He's not fast and he's definitely not known but he DID play with weeden so there might be enough familiarity there to make teams take notice
True dat.The Browns have been decimated with injuries at wide receiver, WR Mohammed Massaquoi OUT, WR Travis Benjamin OUT, WR Jordan Norwood just placed on IR.

Norwood took over for Mo-Mass when Mohammed suffered a hamstring in the Baltimore game and he hauled in 4 passes for 56 yards in that game and last week, before he got injured, he hauled in 9 passes for 81 yards against the Giants.

Josh Cooper wasn't drafted but he was Weeden's top WR at Oklahoma State and he looked good-nuff in camp to the point that the Browns kept him around on the practice squad. They just activated him and put down Norwood to the Injured Reserve list so this could wind up being more than a one-time deal for Coop.

So you guys are saying Cooper is a PPR sleeper? That he'll slot right into MoMass/Norwood's spot? Norwood was getting a butt load of targets and converting on many of them too.

Users who are viewing this thread