What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

He's in my line-up 0.5 ppr, fingers crossed! Starting over Aaron Jones and Dion Lewis flex spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had those options. My choices were Dede Westbrook and Inman. Still made the wrong choice going with TY.

He has to go to the bench right? How can you trust him? If he couldn't do anything at home in a plus matchup, I can't see risking him in playoffs or getting into playoffs.

He has to go to the bench right? How can you trust him? If he couldn't do anything at home in a plus matchup, I can't see risking him in playoffs or getting into playoffs.
His match-ups are awful. You might want to drop him and hope your opponent picks him up. Of course, you know how that usually turns out.

Week 1 - WR45

Week 2 - WR46

Week 3 - WR6

Week 4 - WR67

Week 5 - WR5

Week 6 - WR78

Week 7 -WR67

Week 8 - WR56

Week 9 - WR1

Week 10 - WR74

Week 12 - not good

This has to be some type of ceiling/floor record.

Week 1 - WR45

Week 2 - WR46

Week 3 - WR6

Week 4 - WR67

Week 5 - WR5

Week 6 - WR78

Week 7 -WR67

Week 8 - WR56

Week 9 - WR1

Week 10 - WR74

Week 12 - not good

This has to be some type of ceiling/floor record.
Must have something to do with the CB he's facing.

It's just not the matchup... It's Jacoby Brissett who isn't decisive and he kept holding his ball much longer than needs to.  Brissett had a several perfect opportunities when Hilton was open especially in the end zone.  

Does anyone has a gut to start Hilton on week 14 vs. Bills?  I mean, is he good start especially now Tre'Davious White has been cleared to play?  

I started him over Julio again, so look for a zero.  But as of right now I feel good about it.  Looking back through the stats, it seems like the quicker, faster type WRs (A.Wilson, K.Allen, M.Thomas, R.Anderson, J.Hardy) have done fairly well against the Bills this year.

T.Y. Hilton - WR -  Colts

The Herald Bulletin's George Bremer reports Andrew Luck and T.Y. Hilton are "definitely in sync" in the early days at Colts camp.

By all accounts, Luck has looked tremendous in the first week-plus of training camp. He went 16-of-19 passing in team drills on Wednesday with receivers dropping two of the incompletions. Hilton has enjoyed a fine offseason and looks to be a true bounce-back threat after a sluggish 2017 with Jacoby Brissett under center. Hilton can out-produce his rising middle-third-round ADP.

Source: George Bremer on Twitter 

Aug 1 - 11:16 AM

With Luck seemingly looking stronger in week 3 preseason, should we be moving TY up our boards somewhat? I had him mid-third, but now I wonder if he's in the conversation for late-second with folks like Evans, Diggs, Fitzgerald and Tyreek?  (12 team PPR). 

With Luck seemingly looking stronger in week 3 preseason, should we be moving TY up our boards somewhat? I had him mid-third, but now I wonder if he's in the conversation for late-second with folks like Evans, Diggs, Fitzgerald and Tyreek?  (12 team PPR). 
I would take him right after AJ Green / Adams. And before all the guys you listed.

Coming from a long time Indy fan, I wouldn't take TY ahead of Diggs, Fitz or Tyreek who are all in more balanced offenses.

The Colts will struggle to consistantly move the football and that will limit their time of possession. They don't really have anybody drawing coverage away on the other side. Deon Cain might have been that guy.

Doyle and Ebron will both offer good ROI.

Coming from a long time Indy fan, I wouldn't take TY ahead of Diggs, Fitz or Tyreek who are all in more balanced offenses.

The Colts will struggle to consistantly move the football and that will limit their time of possession. They don't really have anybody drawing coverage away on the other side. Deon Cain might have been that guy.

I was thinking that way as well, but with Indy having such a week DEF, I figure Luck will be chucking it a lot, and his O-line looks improved. And who else does he have to look for but Hilton?  He could see 160 targets this year.

With Luck seemingly looking stronger in week 3 preseason, should we be moving TY up our boards somewhat? I had him mid-third, but now I wonder if he's in the conversation for late-second with folks like Evans, Diggs, Fitzgerald and Tyreek? (12 team PPR).
He's my WR13 over Evans and behind Fitz (begrudgingly) and Diggs. I've try really hard to move Fitz down my board and it's ####### impossible.

My problem with Hilton is that Luck playing a full 16 and playing that full 16 well are already priced into Hilton's ADP. According to footballcalculator he's currently the WR11 off the board and I see very little value in the pick but I do see a fair amount of downside. During Hilton's best years (1300+ yards) he finished as the WR12 and the WR8 on a ppg basis in ppr. I consider something like a WR8 finish to be his ceiling due him not having any real TD upside. Why would I pay full price without even knowing if Luck is the same dude that he was before the shoulder injury? 

Correct. 

He's my WR13 over Evans and behind Fitz (begrudgingly) and Diggs. I've try really hard to move Fitz down my board and it's ####### impossible.

My problem with Hilton is that Luck playing a full 16 and playing that full 16 well are already priced into Hilton's ADP. According to footballcalculator he's currently the WR11 off the board and I see very little value in the pick but I do see a fair amount of downside. During Hilton's best years (1300+ yards) he finished as the WR12 and the WR8 on a ppg basis in ppr. I consider something like a WR8 finish to be his ceiling due him not having any real TD upside. Why would I pay full price without even knowing if Luck is the same dude that he was before the shoulder injury? 

Correct. 
I'm drafting at the 2/3 turn and I'm trying to find reliable WRs who can complement my 2 starting RBs (I have Kamara as a keeper).

At the same spot last year I took Dez and he killed me.

I never draft Fitzgerald because I keep thinking this is the year it ends. Do you really see him able to sustain Top 10 WR value this year?

I never draft Fitzgerald because I keep thinking this is the year it ends. Do you really see him able to sustain Top 10 WR value this year?
Over the past three years he's finished as the WR6, 10 and 11 in full ppr on a ppg basis. There's nothing about his situation with McCoy as the OC or Bradford as his QB that makes me think that he can't continue to eat out of the slot. But he's 35 so when it comes to him I ignore my projections. I also don't like that this is the year that you almost have to pay full price for him, I feel like the value ship has sailed. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes as a WR1 again though, it just won't be on any of my teams. 

Bloom is high on TY Hilton as a Target in the 3rd round and his overall #16. So, perhaps there's value at picks 28-32 if he's still there...

Cumulative rankings have him around #22/23 overall. People are not really too high on Hilton based upon past performance and unknown QB play. 

My first take is screw TY, he just messes with you, then he goes off. Nothing consistent. Now Luck is the variable in this cog and dilemma. I've got him on one team so far...Bloom has Hilton at #7 WR. So, go with Bloom or something else? If TY is there in the 3rd you gotta take him depending on needs? RB/RB/WR or some other combo.

Bloom is high on TY Hilton as a Target in the 3rd round and his overall #16. So, perhaps there's value at picks 28-32 if he's still there...

Cumulative rankings have him around #22/23 overall. People are not really too high on Hilton based upon past performance and unknown QB play. 

My first take is screw TY, he just messes with you, then he goes off. Nothing consistent. Now Luck is the variable in this cog and dilemma. I've got him on one team so far...Bloom has Hilton at #7 WR. So, go with Bloom or something else? If TY is there in the 3rd you gotta take him depending on needs? RB/RB/WR or some other combo.
In 2016 (with Luck), he was coming into his own as a WR1. He had 6 games over 100 yds, 91 catches for 1441 yds total. Only 6 TDs but that's hard to track. Last year was really the outlier and that's easy to explain as having bad QBs and bad team in general. Hopefully Luck brings back good TY.

In live drafts I've seen , not really in mocks too much , Ty has been going all over the board in the first 5 Rds. Both in PPR and Non it seems people either are loving his situation or pretty cold. Very odd for a player to go in top 20-25 picks to also be landing in 5th rounds in other drafts.

If he lands as someones WR2/3 it good be enormous value.

I’m afraid my dislike of Doug Baldwin got the better of me this weekend. I ended up taking TY at 3.08 and Baldwin went 3.09. Starting to regret that although as long as Luck is 80% or better I still think they can be pretty comparable. 

T.Y. Hilton exited Week 4 against the Texans with a hamstring injury and will not return.

Hilton has been banged up in this one. He missed a good chunk of the first quarter with a chest injury before returning and then grabbed at his hamstring while running a route in the middle of the fourth quarter and has been ruled out for the day. Before leaving, Hilton caught 4-of-6 targets for 115 yards, including a pair of passes for 40-plus yards. Consider him day to day for now.

Sep 30 - 3:59 PM

Users who are viewing this thread