What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (3 Viewers)

T.Y. Hilton caught 4-of-5 targets for 40 yards in the Colts' Week 10 win over the Titans.

Hilton was back from his groin injury but picked up right where he left off with his year. The veteran has four catches or less in all but one game this season and has yet to top 69 yards in a week with no touchdowns. Hilton is droppable in 12-team leagues before a Week 11 date with the Packers. He just doesn't have it anymore.

- Rotoworld

He's an old man and lost what made him startable in FF. It happens. Dumped him for Pollard in one of my PPR dynasty leagues and feel good about it. 

He's an old man and lost what made him startable in FF. It happens. Dumped him for Pollard in one of my PPR dynasty leagues and feel good about it. 
Dropped him 2 weeks ago and picked up Trey Burton!  Happy with the decision.  

Another owner picked him up right away.  .....   "One man's trash is another man's treasure"

T.Y. Hilton caught 4-of-5 targets for 81 yards and a touchdown in the Colts' Week 12 loss to the Titans. 

An afterthought in the Colts pass catching pecking order, Hilton emerged as Philip Rivers' top deep threat (for one week) against Tennessee. Hilton caught a 50-yard bomb from Rivers and was tackled at the one yard line, then caught a short touchdown late in the game as the Colts chased points, down multiple scores. It will be tough to trust Hilton next week against Houston, though he's viable in deeper leagues with multiple flex spots. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL playoffs 2020 concern index: Should we be worried about Russell Wilson, Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson?

Excerpt:

T.Y. HILTON, WR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

The Colts are heading into a stretch run in the battle for the AFC South title, but even with the success they have found as a team overall, their offense has been middling for most of the year.

While veteran quarterback Philip Rivers has improved the Colts' offensive efficiency output, they still rank only 15th in the league in yards per play. So to move the ball with more effectiveness, a little more explosiveness will have to be in order.

Entering Week 14, the team ranks 22nd in deep pass attempts, even with the lightning-fast Hilton on the team, and Hilton's targets have all but gone away as Rivers has implemented his famous “throw the ball to the running back every play” strategy.

It's possible that the Rivers offense just doesn't take enough deep shots to suit a player like Hilton. It's also possible the veteran wideout's legs have finally given out. His grade on passes thrown 20 yards downfield this season sits at only 71.8 through 13 weeks, which would be his lowest grade for a season and five grading points lower than his grade last season. For a player who never dipped below 89.0 over his first seven seasons, this is slightly concerning.

Andrew Luck's early retirement hasn't helped, but Hilton still posted a 91.3 mark in the same category in 2017 with Jacoby Brissett under center.

Targeting Hilton downfield has just not worked for Rivers this year, as only 33% of those deep targets have been caught. And yes, Hilton still leads the team in deep targets, but the efficiency of these routes has paled in comparison to past years: He has 114 yards on 12 deep targets, while Marcus Johnson has 138 yards on eight deep targets and Zach Pascal has 96 yards on nine deep targets.

Picked him up more to play keep away from my opponents. My WR corp is pretty darn good.

Start 2 WR plus 2 flex (WR usually).

Adams/Metcalf/Thomas/Evans/Cooks/Hilton/Coutee

Hilton is throwing salt into the wounds of everyone who drafted him and dropped him after 3/4ths of a season of nothing. Whoever picked him up is now beating the original owner in the first round of the play-offs.

T.Y. Hilton caught 4-of-6 targets for 71 yards in the Colts' Week 15 win over the Texans. 

Hilton reached 70 yards for the fourth consecutive game, though it did not look like he was going to get there until he got free over the middle of the field for a 41-yard gain with 2:29 remaining. It was the longest play of the day for Indy. For whatever reason, Hilton drew to a targets standstill with Zach Pascal, something that is extremely unlikely to repeat in Week 16 against the Steelers. Springing leaks of late, Pittsburgh's tough defense is not enough to drop Hilton out of the WR3 ranks for the fantasy finals. He will likely be in the WR24-30 range. 

Dec 20, 2020, 5:35 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton caught 2-of-5 targets for 32 yards in the Colts' Wild Card Weekend loss to the Bills. 

Hilton was involved early before Philip Rivers attacked Buffalo's defense via the tight end. Hilton's five targets were tied for third most among Colts pass catchers. The veteran led the team with a 19 percent target share this season despite a slow start that made him nearly unplayable in all fantasy formats. He finished on an upswing of sorts, corralling 24 catches over this final five games. Hilton, no longer the downfield burner he was in his prime, is an unrestricted free agent next season. The 31-year-old could be a solid second or third receiver in an offense with younger, more explosive wideouts. 

- Rotoworld

Speaking Thursday, Colts coach Frank Reich was noncommittal on impending free agent T.Y. Hilton's future with the team. 

"I think we're all hoping there's a way T.Y. can end his career as a Colt," Reich said. "But we understand there's a business side to it. I hope the business side can get worked out so he can end his career as a Colt." They are not exactly the comments of a coach confident his receiver will be back, while Hilton would have never been allowed to reach this point to begin with if the Colts were desperate to retain him. In decline for several years running — especially in the first half of 2020 — Hilton may have the market dictate to him instead of vice versa. 

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter 

Feb 25, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

ESPN's Dianna Russini confirms the Colts would like to re-sign free agent WR T.Y. Hilton. 

Social media rumors have been swirling that Hilton is on the verge of re-signing, but nothing concrete had emerged as of Wednesday afternoon. 31-year-old Hilton has yet to draw other known interest. The top of the free agent market remains glutted with Kenny Golladay, JuJu Smith-Schuster and Curtis Samuel yet to find new homes. 

SOURCE: Dianna Russini on Twitter 

Mar 17, 2021, 6:10 PM ET

Colts re-signed WR T.Y. Hilton to a one-year, $10 million contract.

He gets $8 million guaranteed. The Colts flirted with Sammy Watkins, who was scheduled to visit Indianapolis today. Perhaps they viewed him as a Hilton replacement, though the Colts could definitely use more reinforcements at wideout. With Hilton back in the fold, Indy is rolling with Hilton, Michael Pittman, Parris Campbell, and Zach Pascal at receiver barring other additions. 31-year-old Hilton will slide into his 10th season with the team and is coming off a strong finish to 2020. He caught all five of his touchdowns last season from Week 11 forward. Carson Wentz is now under center for the Colts, which is viewed as an upgrade on Philip Rivers, even after Wentz's disastrous final year in Philly. Hilton should return WR3 value for fantasy.

Mar 24, 2021, 2:49 PM ET

Colts re-signed WR T.Y. Hilton to a one-year, $10 million contract.

He gets $8 million guaranteed. The Colts flirted with Sammy Watkins, who was scheduled to visit Indianapolis today. Perhaps they viewed him as a Hilton replacement, though the Colts could definitely use more reinforcements at wideout. With Hilton back in the fold, Indy is rolling with Hilton, Michael Pittman, Parris Campbell, and Zach Pascal at receiver barring other additions. 31-year-old Hilton will slide into his 10th season with the team and is coming off a strong finish to 2020. He caught all five of his touchdowns last season from Week 11 forward. Carson Wentz is now under center for the Colts, which is viewed as an upgrade on Philip Rivers, even after Wentz's disastrous final year in Philly. Hilton should return WR3 value for fantasy.

Mar 24, 2021, 2:49 PM ET
Don't be surprised if the Colts draft either Waddle or Bateman.  Both might be gone by #21, but if they aren't, I can see the Colts drafting one of them.

I traded Chase Claypool for Gurley & Hilton in Dynasty. I think this guy has one more 1,200 / 8 TD season in him and I've positioned him to come in off the bench (similar to what Claypool was going to do for me).

Generally, I feel like there are a ton of mouth's to feed in Pittsburgh and it's clear to me they will be running the ball more in 2021. Then once Roethlisberger is gone, Claypool is stuck in QB purgatory with a rookie. Gurley, I think the same thing as T.Y Hilton. He's gotta have one more season left in him.

Feel like it's an appropriate sell high, buy low situation. 

I traded Chase Claypool for Gurley & Hilton in Dynasty. I think this guy has one more 1,200 / 8 TD season in him and I've positioned him to come in off the bench (similar to what Claypool was going to do for me).

Generally, I feel like there are a ton of mouth's to feed in Pittsburgh and it's clear to me they will be running the ball more in 2021. Then once Roethlisberger is gone, Claypool is stuck in QB purgatory with a rookie. Gurley, I think the same thing as T.Y Hilton. He's gotta have one more season left in him.

I’m not one to judge but I truly believe that Gurley is 100% done. I agree that TY has one more year left in him but Claypool is a young stud in the making regardless of QB. I may end up being wrong but I’d take Claypool all day. 

Claypool could have netted so much more than the gamble you just took.   

Could have snagged Hilton for a late 2nd, or maybe 3rd

I’m not one to judge but I truly believe that Gurley is 100% done. I agree that TY has one more year left in him but Claypool is a young stud in the making regardless of QB. I may end up being wrong but I’d take Claypool all day. 
I'll just find another Chase Claypool. People are enamored with that 4 TD game.

Unlikely he exceeds last years numbers, imo. Juju resigning crippled his value.

I'll just find another Chase Claypool. People are enamored with that 4 TD game.

Unlikely he exceeds last years numbers, imo. Juju resigning crippled his value.
Not in dynasty.  Juju is on a one year deal.  Claypool will be the #1 on that team soon.  Dionte isn't a #1.   The Steelers have always been able to develop WRs.  Let's see if the diva rumors amount to anything.

"One more" implies that he's had at least one of those seasons before. Hilton's never had 8 TDs in a year and barely cleared 1,200 yards in the last 2 years combined.

I'm not the biggest Claypool fan, but IMO you traded a quarter for two nickels- TY and Gurley have very little dynasty value at this point in their careers.

"One more" implies that he's had at least one of those seasons before. Hilton's never had 8 TDs in a year and barely cleared 1,200 yards in the last 2 years combined.

I'm not the biggest Claypool fan, but IMO you traded a quarter for two nickels- TY and Gurley have very little dynasty value at this point in their careers.
Not true. Claypool is waaaay overrated. This time last year he was a nobody.

Now he's some untradeable fantasy stud? Give me a break. People act like 40 year old Roethlisberger is going to support 3 relevant fantasy WR... and a TE

Now he's some untradeable fantasy stud? Give me a break. People act like 40 year old Roethlisberger is going to support 3 relevant fantasy WR... and a TE
no one thinks their TEs will be relevant. 

no one thinks their TEs will be relevant. 
Hilton's "down" year:

56 / 762 / 5 touchdowns (15 games)

Claypool's "amazing" Rookie Season:

62 / 873 / 9 touchdowns (16 games)

Difference: 6 catches / 111 yards / 4 touchdowns (1 game)

What an amazing thing "perception" is.

Hilton's "down" year:

56 / 762 / 5 touchdowns (15 games)

Claypool's "amazing" Rookie Season:

62 / 873 / 9 touchdowns (16 games)
What does that have to do with their TEs being relevant or not?  You mentioned a 40 year old QB having to support 3 relevant WRs and a TE.  I believe Ben and the Steelers could easily have 3 fantasy relevant WRs.

What does that have to do with their TEs being relevant or not?  You mentioned a 40 year old QB having to support 3 relevant WRs and a TE.  I believe Ben and the Steelers could easily have 3 fantasy relevant WRs.
Nothing. I think people are taking for granted Roethlisberger's production into his 40s.

Claypool has to go for 1,000 or 10+ touchdowns this year (and 4 can't be in the same game) or his value is going to come tumbling down.

Especially if Big Ben retires in the off-season. Only upside here is if Juju or Diontae get hurt.

Claypool was never a nobody.  There was a lot of hype on him on numerous football boards I go to.  He was definitely on my radar going into last year's rookie draft.  I took over an orphan that had a hideous roster with only 1 rookie pick......2.09.   I couldn't believe I landed him there honestly, but as usual, the draft was RB crazy.  The only thing that worries me are the rumors he's already developing the diva persona.

Like I said, I'm not Claypool's biggest fan so you can stop with the straw men, but this is more about the guys you got. TY and Gurley are barely worthy of a roster spot in most dynasty leagues.

Like I said, I'm not Claypool's biggest fan so you can stop with the straw men, but this is more about the guys you got. TY and Gurley are barely worthy of a roster spot in most dynasty leagues.
I'd definitely take Claypool over both.  Pretty easy to see where the upside is.  I have Hilton in the same league I drafted Claypool.  I'd take a 4th rd rookie pick for him if I could even get that.

I'd definitely take Claypool over both.  Pretty easy to see where the upside is.  I have Hilton in the same league I drafted Claypool.  I'd take a 4th rd rookie pick for him if I could even get that.
Yeah, it really isn't close, and it's not even factoring in the extra roster spot you get with the Claypool side.

So everybody outside the Top 40 WR are unrosterable? Guys that will literally be starting in people's flexes are now "unrosterable". In a 12 team league, you probably need 4 WR rostered per team.

12 x 4 = 48 for everybody to just have 4 wideouts in the Top 40. But TY is unrosterable. Gotcha.

You have an opion that your entitled to...... even if it's wrong.
It's not wrong. You're saying a guy who was top 40 at his position is unrosterable. If you use any kind of common sense, under a 12 team format even if each team only has 3WR that's 36 guys.

Most fantasy teams carry MORE THAN 3 WRs. But yeah, no room for this guy. 

So everybody outside the Top 40 WR are unrosterable? Guys that will literally be starting in people's flexes are now "unrosterable". In a 12 team league, you probably need 4 WR rostered per team.

12 x 4 = 48 for everybody to just have 4 wideouts in the Top 40. But TY is unrosterable. Gotcha.
No.   It's definitely team dependent.  Hilton does nothing for the team I took over.  I'm better off drafting a young prospect dart throw for the future.  As I said, I can't even get a 4th for him.  You easily got fleeced in that trade.  Claypool could easily outscore both combined this year.  Not saying he will, but definitely a possibility.

No.   It's definitely team dependent.  Hilton does nothing for the team I took over.  I'm better off drafting a young prospect dart throw for the future.  As I said, I can't even get a 4th for him.  You easily got fleeced in that trade.  Claypool could easily outscore both combined this year.  Not saying he will, but definitely a possibility.
I didn't get fleeced. I fleeced him. Why are you being such a ####? I offered the trade. You overvalue a WR who's never gone for 1,000 yards and has a QB who's retiring next year.

Claypool is a nobody. I drafted him in the 2nd round of my dynasty last year. There's going to be like 3-4 new Chase Claypool's this year. I get you guys like him, that's why it's called SELLING HIGH.

I take advantage of guys like you who fall in love with a player because he's young.

Users who are viewing this thread