What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (1 Viewer)

I have to choose between 3 out of these 4 in a PPR -

Britt vs Bills

Marshall vs Lions

Welker vs Jets

Jordy vs STL

StL and Jets have best CBs so not sure which one to bench between welker and jordy....

Had him stashed on my bench in a deeper league all season. Now that a big bye week is here, looking for a big performance in the flex.

People were writing this guy off like he was done last summer. Swooped in and got him for Mark Ingram right after his arrest. :pickle:

I need him to blow up so I can trade him (2 wr & 1 flex ppr mega/ajgreen/Marshall so can't play him) Cuz he's not a super hot commodity even in a ppr.
Needed a big plugin WR for this week due to prior moves, injuries and byes. Traded Leshoure for Britt and Roethlisberger.PPR 2RB/3WR/Flex, have MJD/R. Bush/Bradshaw/Morris.If that helps any :unsure:

I guess it's a what have you done for me lately crowd. - the guy is a TOP 10 WR when healthy. Hopefully he is 95% like he claimed. If so, look out.

Traded Felix and Britt to the Murray owner for Bowe. I don't want any injury prone players on my roster. Expecting Bowe to trip over his dog and break his leg on the bye.

I don't know, maybe Britt just isn't as good as people think. He's had some big games but he was dropping balls he should have been catching last night. Mayock even pointed it out in the broadcast. What good is being big like Britt if you play small? Kendall Wright seems to be the centerpiece of the passing game right now. He's on pace for an Amendola-like 90 catches. Of course the yards aren't there nor the touchdowns. He scored me a workmanlike 13 points last night but should have had 20.
:goodposting:

still holding?

i didnt see any of the game but this is a major disapointment going up against that defense :thumbdown:

still holding?i didnt see any of the game but this is a major disapointment going up against that defense :thumbdown:
Have to hold IMO. I can't imagine Tennessee will be able to run the ball as well as they did Sunday again. There was really no reason to get Britt heavily involved with the way the ground game was going.

still holding?i didnt see any of the game but this is a major disapointment going up against that defense :thumbdown:
Have to hold IMO. I can't imagine Tennessee will be able to run the ball as well as they did Sunday again. There was really no reason to get Britt heavily involved with the way the ground game was going.
Next week they play Indy. Shonn Greene was able to put up 161 yds and 3 TDs against Indy :unsure:That said, I am holding and hoping he gets his game together down the stretch.

6 targets, 4-30

For those rationalizing they didn't need to pass because the run game was so effective (and it was), the Titans had 7 rushing FDs, 12 through the air. Crunch time they were relying on Nate and Damien (Kendall only got 3 dump off targets).

When healthy and 100%, he's a beast - I've been a big fan and owned him several seasons (dealt him this year) in redrafts. But right now he seems like just another guy.

Started Britt over Moore, and it may have cost me my game this week. :( I guess I'm holding on my bench until Locker comes back and I can see what kind of production he can have with him.

I am still holding but I will admit I expected something last week and it really took my excitement level down a notch. There were numerous stretches where Matt-H did not even look to Britt's side of the field. It looked/felt like Gilmore just took Britt out of the game and the Titans went run + pass somewhere else (would need someone who watched Rewind to confirm though). I just do not think he was asked to do much. I also think Matt-H did not look all that sharp especially under pressure.

He is still in my personal top 30 ahead of guys like Randall Cobb & Desean Jackson. While it may be a game late what he does with this match up is going to be a big indicator of where he goes for me. If he can REALLY take advantage of this week's game - based on upcoming schedule - he is moving into WR 25 territory for me.

After this week he is staring at:

@CHI - garbage time stats becoming more apparent.

@MIA - shootout potential against bad pass D

@JAX

HOU - garbage time special

FF Playoffs

@IND

NYJ - Monday Nite. Could be tough matchup

@GB - garbage time special

I am rolling the dice with him as a PPR WR3 over guys like Quinn-Crippled-Bowe & Josh Gordon this week. I am holding on to the notion that after Gilmore the Buffalo DB's are bad enough where the Titans never thought they needed to throw anywhere else.

Edit: With the surgery news on Jennings I had to change my Cobb ranking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am still holding but I will admit I expected something last week and it really took my excitement level down a notch. There were numerous stretches where Matt-H did not even look to Britt's side of the field. It looked/felt like Gilmore just took Britt out of the game and the Titans went run + pass somewhere else (would need someone who watched Rewind to confirm though). I just do not think he was asked to do much. I also think Matt-H did not look all that sharp especially under pressure.
Yeah, I didn't like what happened Sunday either. Didn't feel like Britt was the "go-to guy" at all. Then at the end Hasselbeck looked to Washington to be the hero. Right now it looks like there's a lot of mouths to feed in that offense, including Cook being singled out as needing to have more opportunity a couple of weeks ago.Long story short, was able to package Britt and Ballard for Decker this week and feel good about it...

Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer cautions that the pre-injury form of Kenny Britt may not be seen until 2013.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

"It’s going to be a situation where anytime you’re away from football for a year, the prudent thing is, ‘Hey, it’s going to take a year,’ " Palmer said. "He’s playing well and each day he gets better. Each day he works on something. But is he the Kenny Britt that we had the first three weeks (in 2011)? Not in my opinion."

Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer cautions that the pre-injury form of Kenny Britt may not be seen until 2013.

"It’s going to be a situation where anytime you’re away from football for a year, the prudent thing is, ‘Hey, it’s going to take a year,’ " Palmer said. "He’s playing well and each day he gets better. Each day he works on something. But is he the Kenny Britt that we had the first three weeks (in 2011)? Not in my opinion."
:goodposting: Looks like the Titans might possibly prefer to use him as a decoy to draw coverage, and as a depth threat to back up safeties. It's hard to trust Britt when he's not at 100% in this offense. Not saying that he'll be useless, but the upside may not be as high as thought.

It might just be the time to buy:

Kenny Britt was held to 34 yards on three receptions and five official targets versus the Colts in Week 8.

Britt had two more unofficial targets, but the football gods conspired against him on Sunday. He had a potential 43-yard sideline grab negated by a questionable shove-off call and lost a 22-yard touchdown to an even more ticky-tack offensive pass interference penalty. Britt has a tough matchup versus the Bears in Week 9 and a bye in Week 11. His schedule during the Week 14-16 fantasy playoffs is at the Colts, home to the Jets, and at the Packers. Oct 28 - 6:25 PM

Users who are viewing this thread