Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

The Nick Foles era

Jed

Sharkbucks,

I give you a ton of credit for the Foles and Moreno calls this year. And I apologize for mocking you after the Dallas game. Foles looked SO bad that game, yet clearly it was an outlier (likely due to the groin injury).

I was in the stands this past weekend and I can tell you first hand that he was abusing the Raider D. They were on their heels from the opening drive and at no point had anything for Foles or the Iggles no-huddle. I don't think it's as easy to appreciate just how much the fast pace affects defenses on TV. I laugh at articles that down played Foles' performance. It was flat out amazing and he deserves more way more credit than he's receiving.

Props to you for calling this out way WAY ahead of the curve (and for standing strong when results were less positive).

• Like 2

Sharkbucks,

I give you a ton of credit for the Foles and Moreno calls this year. And I apologize for mocking you after the Dallas game. Foles looked SO bad that game, yet clearly it was an outlier (likely due to the groin injury).

I was in the stands this past weekend and I can tell you first hand that he was abusing the Raider D. They were on their heels from the opening drive and at no point had anything for Foles or the Iggles no-huddle. I don't think it's as easy to appreciate just how much the fast pace affects defenses on TV. I laugh at articles that down played Foles' performance. It was flat out amazing and he deserves more way more credit than he's receiving.

Props to you for calling this out way WAY ahead of the curve (and for standing strong when results were less positive).

awwwwwwwww

brohans i want to call your attention to the fact that the old swcer called it about the foley canoli last year when i said that he would turn around the team like in a 80s movie where they have a crappy ship and no one believes in him but then they play a song with a lot of synthasizer and they wear sunglasses and polo shirts and paint the ship up and then beat chet in the race at the end and then he gets the girl and that him and jeremy maclin would be like daniel son and kumico from karate kid 2 well bam you all saw last week with the 7 tds that the old swcer still has it take that to the bank fellow bromericans

I love the Daniel son and Kumico reference. Awesome stuff.

brohans i am telling youthat no one will believe in folely canoli and it will have to be like daniel son winning the all valley champtionship over the bad guy from cobra ki dojo before anyone gives him the respect he deserves but if karate kid has taught us anything it is that there will probably be some dude from japan helping him behind the scenes and he will somehow end up with the prettiest girls in whatever country he is living in and also that like sato said hate is wrong so blast up the peter setera and take it to the bank brohans

You should really consider going back to school. Start around third grade.

Crazytalk. SWC is the best thing going.

Oh, sorry. I must have missed this guy's posts. So it's a funny shtick? I'll try looking at his future posts in that light.

I don't get it either. After about 2 lines I lose interest and stop trying to make it make sense

brohans i am telling youthat no one will believe in folely canoli and it will have to be like daniel son winning the all valley champtionship over the bad guy from cobra ki dojo before anyone gives him the respect he deserves but if karate kid has taught us anything it is that there will probably be some dude from japan helping him behind the scenes and he will somehow end up with the prettiest girls in whatever country he is living in and also that like sato said hate is wrong so blast up the peter setera and take it to the bank brohans

You should really consider going back to school. Start around third grade.

Crazytalk. SWC is the best thing going.

Oh, sorry. I must have missed this guy's posts. So it's a funny shtick? I'll try looking at his future posts in that light.

I don't get it either. After about 2 lines I lose interest and stop trying to make it make sense

Try harder. Nothing beats the old SWCer.

I never get credit for anything. I could show you posts from 2010 where I was talking about Foles and last year where I was talking about Moreno.

I deserve the "mad props". Me. MEEEEEEEEE!

You have less than 1 post every 4 days, and AS much as I'm on here, I could swear I've never seen your name in any significant conversation. Go back to lurking

I think I've seen OG_GF in threads but it is usually hit and run

It's Giants Fan from FFToday. He gets one thing right out of every twenty things he says, and then jumps up and down like he has a crystal ball.

Yes, there were 20 rookie QBs last year I was saying would be awesome, so I covered mqy bases pretty well.

Another 3 tds with no picks. 16tds and 0 picks on the year. But Green Bay is an awful team so we should still wait for Foles to prove himself.

Only 3 TDs? Last week was obviously a fluke. :coffee:

actually, 3 tds in one game is quite good

Yea but starting qb good?

Another 3 tds with no picks. 16tds and 0 picks on the year. But Green Bay is an awful team so we should still wait for Foles to prove himself.

Only 3 TDs? Last week was obviously a fluke. :coffee:

actually, 3 tds in one game is quite good

Yea but starting qb good?

oh starting qb? maybe not then

green bay's defense actually does look pretty terrible.

still, another solid performance by foles. he got lucky on the bomb to jackson and cooper made a nice play getting to his 45-yard TD.

i set the over/under for him to throw an INT at 2014.

Big Foles fan and was rooting for him to win the job out of camp. When Vick outplayed him in preseason, I knew Nick would get his chance. Season ticket holder, watched every snap for Foles last year and this season, and feel that I have no idea who this kid is yet; a little Jekyll and Hyde IMO.

Stats today are great but don't really tell story. Long bomb to Jackson was tipped/bobbled by GB. Should have been picked. Very lucky.

Second TD to Cooper was severely under thrown and the WR made a great adjustment to the ball. This wasn't a deliberate under throw to throw Riley open. It was a total duck. I thought some Wisconsin hunter might shoot it dead mid flight.

He showed poor pocket awareness on multiple occasions. He definitely held the ball too long quite often.

Then again, he looks amazing at times. He's the guy going forward as opposed to Vick and he gives them a better chance to win right now, no doubt.

I came away from this game much less sure about Foles ability to be a true franchise qb. This was a B- performance IMO.

All this being said his good is far outweighing his bad and he has had some great moments (obviously). I do believe his ability will land him as an NFL starter and that he is superior to Vick in his ability to win games in this system. The no huddle hurry up looks soooo much better with Foles and he definitely is getting more out of the guys around him, especially Riley.

Exiting time the last two weeks. Here's to beating Washington and riding a 3 game steak into the bye. NOLA is putting us back atop the NFCE. Real chance this season and more than had hoped for so far.

Big Foles fan and was rooting for him to win the job out of camp. When Vick outplayed him in preseason, I knew Nick would get his chance. Season ticket holder, watched every snap for Foles last year and this season, and feel that I have no idea who this kid is yet; a little Jekyll and Hyde IMO.

Stats today are great but don't really tell story. Long bomb to Jackson was tipped/bobbled by GB. Should have been picked. Very lucky.

Second TD to Cooper was severely under thrown and the WR made a great adjustment to the ball. This wasn't a deliberate under throw to throw Riley open. It was a total duck. I thought some Wisconsin hunter might shoot it dead mid flight.

He showed poor pocket awareness on multiple occasions. He definitely held the ball too long quite often.

Then again, he looks amazing at times. He's the guy going forward as opposed to Vick and he gives them a better chance to win right now, no doubt.

I came away from this game much less sure about Foles ability to be a true franchise qb. This was a B- performance IMO.

All this being said his good is far outweighing his bad and he has had some great moments (obviously). I do believe his ability will land him as an NFL starter and that he is superior to Vick in his ability to win games in this system. The no huddle hurry up looks soooo much better with Foles and he definitely is getting more out of the guys around him, especially Riley.

Exiting time the last two weeks. Here's to beating Washington and riding a 3 game steak into the bye. NOLA is putting us back atop the NFCE. Real chance this season and more than had hoped for so far.

Nice post. I'm almost certain he put that ball on a spot where only Cooper could get to it.

Second TD to Cooper was severely under thrown and the WR made a great adjustment to the ball. This wasn't a deliberate under throw to throw Riley open. It was a total duck. I thought some Wisconsin hunter might shoot it dead

Nice post. I'm almost certain he put that ball on a spot where only Cooper could get to it.

Wasn't it super windy with each team's kicker missing numerous FGs? I know for a fact I saw at least 3 missed FGs in that game so I think he just put a lot of air under a ball that traveled 40+ yards in the air and the wind took it.

Great adjustment by Riley, but not a knock against Foles. Although he is playing some legendary football right now ... not even he can beat Mother Nature.

Agree to disagree. Big on Foles overall, just a bad pass IMO. Whether it was just the wind as mentioned or just a poor deep ball really doesn't change my opinion. He's playing great. Every qb has a bad throw or 2.

Worked out well as Riley could adjust while dbs could not. Looked to me like he tried to lead him coming out of his cut but ball hung in the air.

That's my one knock. Same with deep ball to DJax. The ball hung and the GB defensive back and safety both had chance to recover. Very fortunate the bobble went our way.

Foles is playing great. Not perfect is all. His game will improve no doubt and what more do Eagles fans really need to see?

Agree to disagree. Big on Foles overall, just a bad pass IMO. Whether it was just the wind as mentioned or just a poor deep ball really doesn't change my opinion. He's playing great. Every qb has a bad throw or 2.

Worked out well as Riley could adjust while dbs could not. Looked to me like he tried to lead him coming out of his cut but ball hung in the air.

That's my one knock. Same with deep ball to DJax. The ball hung and the GB defensive back and safety both had chance to recover. Very fortunate the bobble went our way.

Foles is playing great. Not perfect is all. His game will improve no doubt and what more do Eagles fans really need to see?

I have seen enough to say that we removed ourselves from HAVING to take a QB early next year.

I own Foles in a ton of leagues, so really want to believe -- but there are some fluky TDs rolled up into this number and it's obviously a major outlier. The only question is how major? Time will tell...

ANY/A (Yards + 20/TD - 45/INT - Sack Yards)/(Attempts + Sacks)

Nick Foles      10.46Peyton Manning   9.32Aaron Rodgers    8.28Drew Brees       8.10Philip Rivers    7.77Matthew Staffor  7.38Russell Wilson   7.11Michael Vick     6.93Tony Romo        6.78Jay Cutler       6.26Andrew Luck      6.14Matt Ryan        6.13Sam Bradford     6.10Colin Kaeperni   6.07Andy Dalton      6.06Robert Griffin   5.97Ben Roethlisberg 5.82Jake Locker      5.68Tom Brady        5.68Cam Newton       5.59EJ Manuel        5.37Alex Smith       5.23Mike Glennon     4.94Joe Flacco       4.93Christian Ponder 4.91Matt Schaub      4.85Chad Henne       4.82Ryan Tannehill   4.80Eli Manning      4.74Carson Palmer    4.57Geno Smith       4.48Terrelle Pryor   4.04Brandon Weeden   3.83Josh Freeman     3.61
Edited by wdcrob

brohans i was sad to see foley canoli do the drum tecjhnique on my packers yesterday but hey brohans that cat is the real deal and a steal in most leagues so get him now and like my main man pete setera said like a knight in shinning armor from a long time ago he will take you to a castle of championships far away so take to the bank brohans because i am a brohan who will fight for your honor bam right there

• Like 2

brohans i was sad to see foley canoli do the drum tecjhnique on my packers yesterday but hey brohans that cat is the real deal and a steal in most leagues so get him now and like my main man pete setera said like a knight in shinning armor from a long time ago he will take you to a castle of championships far away so take to the bank brohans because i am a brohan who will fight for your honor bam right there

Some of the best canoli can be found in Philly.

You can take that to the bank, brohan.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

I have seen enough to say that we removed ourselves from HAVING to take a QB early next year.

Eagles fans...

:lmao:

I own Foles in a ton of leagues, so really want to believe -- but there are some fluky TDs rolled up into this number and it's obviously a major outlier. The only question is how major? Time will tell...

ANY/A (Yards + 20/TD - 45/INT - Sack Yards)/(Attempts + Sacks)

Nick Foles      10.46Peyton Manning   9.32Aaron Rodgers    8.28Drew Brees       8.10Philip Rivers    7.77Matthew Staffor  7.38Russell Wilson   7.11Michael Vick     6.93Tony Romo        6.78Jay Cutler       6.26Andrew Luck      6.14Matt Ryan        6.13Sam Bradford     6.10Colin Kaeperni   6.07Andy Dalton      6.06Robert Griffin   5.97Ben Roethlisberg 5.82Jake Locker      5.68Tom Brady        5.68Cam Newton       5.59EJ Manuel        5.37Alex Smith       5.23Mike Glennon     4.94Joe Flacco       4.93Christian Ponder 4.91Matt Schaub      4.85Chad Henne       4.82Ryan Tannehill   4.80Eli Manning      4.74Carson Palmer    4.57Geno Smith       4.48Terrelle Pryor   4.04Brandon Weeden   3.83Josh Freeman     3.61

just hope he stays fluky for about 6 more weeks!

Eagles fans...

:lmao:

:confused:

So you've seen him and still think we must take a QB early on in the draft next season?

I merely meant I have seen enough, and what more would Eagles fans need to see, to hitch the wagon to Foles for the ROS and see if he's the long term answer or not.

Flaws, sure. Holds ball too long, deep ball hangs, etc. But he can excel in this system IMO. Haven't we seen that much?

I merely meant I have seen enough, and what more would Eagles fans need to see, to hitch the wagon to Foles for the ROS and see if he's the long term answer or not.

Flaws, sure. Holds ball too long, deep ball hangs, etc. But he can excel in this system IMO. Haven't we seen that much?

He certainly needs to be the starter the rest of the season and if they continue to win, he should be the starter next year imo. What I think will happen though is Kelly will still want to draft *his* guy. While Foles has been highly successful, its still a modified version of Kelly's offense.

He certainly needs to be the starter the rest of the season and if they continue to win, he should be the starter next year imo. What I think will happen though is Kelly will still want to draft *his* guy. While Foles has been highly successful, its still a modified version of Kelly's offense.

Kelly is all about adapting though. He'd be foolish to chase a high draft pick qb with potential when he has a starting nfl qb in his team already tearibg it up. I don't think ges that foolish. He can still grab a qb in the later rounds that fits his mold and groom him while foles does his thing.

Kelly is all about adapting though. He'd be foolish to chase a high draft pick qb with potential when he has a starting nfl qb in his team already tearibg it up. I don't think ges that foolish. He can still grab a qb in the later rounds that fits his mold and groom him while foles does his thing.

I think Kelly, certainly at Oregon, was far more interested in having great athletes on the field than in focusing on the QB. His philosophy is that if you create matchup problems, there will be space for your athletes to make plays. With what Foles has shown so far, I would be shocked to see Philly go QB early.

I think Kelly, certainly at Oregon, was far more interested in having great athletes on the field than in focusing on the QB. His philosophy is that if you create matchup problems, there will be space for your athletes to make plays. With what Foles has shown so far, I would be shocked to see Philly go QB early.

Speaking of mismatches, any James Casey sightings lately?

Agreed. I think their QB situation going into next year with Foles & Barkley (a Kelly pick) will provide them with enough confidence to address other needs in the draft.