Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread


Recommended Posts

I tailed ARK and another guy I follow (Jonah Lupton) on EXPC.   It's popped for me this morning.

Take a look at Jonah Lupton on Twitter...he's been trending and was recently hired by Chamath...he had an amazing January and he seems to be moving the market on small cap stuff.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, [icon] said:

With this pullback.... good time to enter weed stocks? If so, best bets? 

Hasn't been one of the movers and shakers yet but I'm a fan of HITIF.  They are the largest e-commerce site in North America and they recently bought #2 (smoke cartel).  Also sell bud and have licensing deals with snoop dogg, trailer park boys, and a few others.

 

Has the ingredients to pop imo.  Could easily be a 5x or 10x in the next couple years.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TripItUp said:

I tailed ARK and another guy I follow (Jonah Lupton) on EXPC.   It's popped for me this morning.

Take a look at Jonah Lupton on Twitter...he's been trending and was recently hired by Chamath...he had an amazing January and he seems to be moving the market on small cap stuff.

Been following him for awhile, even get his newsletter. Some of my prior trades like OZON came from him

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took a small position in DKNG stock.  The thought is to sell 2/3's way through NCAA tourney.  Im guessing with no tourney last year activity this year will be significant.  People need some outlets and NCAA March Madness is a great one.  My hope is 20%

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JAA said:

Took a small position in DKNG stock.  The thought is to sell 2/3's way through NCAA tourney.  Im guessing with no tourney last year activity this year will be significant.  People need some outlets and NCAA March Madness is a great one.  My hope is 20%

Alternative that doesn't get mentioned much is flutter. $pdypy

They own 95% of fanduel and also the tvg app as well.  I like that fanduel is affiliated with pat McAfee.  His legion is going to grow and grow and it's the same target demo that barstool and Penn are currently making a killing with.

 

A ticker change could send it through the roof.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hooter311 said:
8 minutes ago, JAA said:

Took a small position in DKNG stock.  The thought is to sell 2/3's way through NCAA tourney.  Im guessing with no tourney last year activity this year will be significant.  People need some outlets and NCAA March Madness is a great one.  My hope is 20%

Alternative that doesn't get mentioned much is flutter. $pdypy

They own 95% of fanduel and also the tvg app as well.  I like that fanduel is affiliated with pat McAfee.  His legion is going to grow and grow and it's the same target demo that barstool and Penn are currently making a killing with.

 

A ticker change could send it through the roof.

Pat being a WVU alum ... what could go wrong?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, [icon] said:

With this pullback.... good time to enter weed stocks? If so, best bets? 

I am a huge $AYRWF fan, but it's certainly run quite a bit to this point and thus might not be as attractive (though, long term, I think it's a great hold). The other one I am starting to build a position in is $GRAMF. It's a Cali play and has a lot of big names behind it. Execution risk is certainly there, but it trading at 11ish bucks seems reasonable risk. The warrantes (exercisable at $11.50) trade at $3.10 so clearly folks see some upside. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

I tailed ARK and another guy I follow (Jonah Lupton) on EXPC.   It's popped for me this morning.

Take a look at Jonah Lupton on Twitter...he's been trending and was recently hired by Chamath...he had an amazing January and he seems to be moving the market on small cap stuff.

When @TripItUptalks, Najeh listens. So blank check company, right? Any rumors on a suitor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

I posted my entire fintwit follow list in here before. I’ve added more. When I get time I’ll export and share again.

Yeah please do. Was just thinking I'd like to build out a FinTwit list, as when I search a ticker and scroll through the results I have no idea who's got a good record and who's a nutjob.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Bumble IPO today?

Facebook dating is free and way more effective than bumble.  It puts the gals in control of the interaction and they aren't getting any less flakier these days.

Eta: They also make it obnoxious to cancel the paid for service on the app, leaves the user with a scammy feeling 

Edited by hooter311
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

 The other one I am starting to build a position in is $GRAMF. It's a Cali play and has a lot of big names behind it. Execution risk is certainly there, but it trading at 11ish bucks seems reasonable risk. The warrantes (exercisable at $11.50) trade at $3.10 so clearly folks see some upside. 

I picked this up a month ago. I'm only up about 8% but I see this one as a hold for awhile.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Oh, you must have me confused with someone who doesn’t live in a stupid ####### nanny state and is actually allowed to use DraftKings

No time for AZ State Legislature to discuss allowing DKNG.  They're super busy with top priorities like censuring Cindy McCain.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Hasn't been one of the movers and shakers yet but I'm a fan of HITIF.  They are the largest e-commerce site in North America and they recently bought #2 (smoke cartel).  Also sell bud and have licensing deals with snoop dogg, trailer park boys, and a few others.

 

Has the ingredients to pop imo.  Could easily be a 5x or 10x in the next couple years.

In HITIF at .68 for a couple thousand shares. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Traded SDGR a while ago but decided FLGT gave me similar exposure. ADYEY I didn’t pull the trigger on because I have SQ. Trying to avoid redundancies until I can open more positions. Missed RDFN.

I haven’t worried as much about redundancies as long as I had enough cash to open a decent position for all. Just looking for 15% a year as a goal, but the position has to be large enough to have an actual impact. Anything above that goal is truly gravy and helps for those inevitable years where the market won’t be a fun place to be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sold all my BLDV.  Took some profits before any more drop.  Its a sham company that that has maybe 5 employees with no real products.  I knew this going in, but i'm a little worried the current climate for pot stock may be getting finicky.  Id rather take this capital to other, better, companies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Cobalt prices are heading higher.  Unlike gold or silver which has Billions of dollars wagered in the derivative markets, there's next to nothing in the way of cobalt futures or options. So the metal gets priced 2x3 times a week by industry rags.  It's moved to $23 this week and ticks higher everytime we get the report from Metal Pages or Metal Bulletine.  

So the metal moving higher matters.  As does the recent shakeup to the board, adding 3 members of DRC origin.  That matters.  

And the real reason why I ever even mentioned it to begin with was the use of blockchain to prove ethically sourced material.  That matters.  That matters a lot with EV booming.  With Apple getting into EV.  Ethically sourced cobalt is really going to matter and blockchain - as Hooter will tell you - is the way to prove its ethical source. 

 

 

HODL

Now officially in the green on COBCF, at least temporarily. I've held it this long, so I may as well keep holding and see how it goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Any strong opinions on a lithium play?

I just hold LIT because it has access to a lot of the foreign (mostly Chinese) companies that control a lot of the actual mineral supply chains. It has given me a nice ~70% return since late October. Chamath heavily hinted about lithium plays a few days ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cosjobs said:

wth MOGO?

do you suck or is this a buying opportunity.

oic the news

Mogo to acquire 19.99% of Coinsquare; agreement includes rights to increase ownership up to 40%

Brings together Canada’s leading digital wallet and leading digital asset trading platform

Coinsquare has grown to more than $525mm in trading volume for the month of January and more than $500mm in Assets Under Management as at February 9, 2021

----

seems good to me :shrug:

I'm going with buy opportunity. 

If @hooter311 agrees

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I freed up my roth IRA from CYDY. I have about $2000 left that I want to play with to see if I can beat an S&P 500 index fund. As I mentioned earlier I'm down about 15% since April when I started to manage a portion myself.

My current ROTH IRA holdings by weight is:

IPOE/CYDY (1k each)

CRISP/BB/GTEH ($500 each)

This is my play money so I'm not risk averse. Down for short and/or long term. What would you guys recommend with the 2k left? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...