What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (20 Viewers)

I tailed ARK and another guy I follow (Jonah Lupton) on EXPC.   It's popped for me this morning.

Take a look at Jonah Lupton on Twitter...he's been trending and was recently hired by Chamath...he had an amazing January and he seems to be moving the market on small cap stuff.

With this pullback.... good time to enter weed stocks? If so, best bets? 
Hasn't been one of the movers and shakers yet but I'm a fan of HITIF.  They are the largest e-commerce site in North America and they recently bought #2 (smoke cartel).  Also sell bud and have licensing deals with snoop dogg, trailer park boys, and a few others.

Has the ingredients to pop imo.  Could easily be a 5x or 10x in the next couple years.

I tailed ARK and another guy I follow (Jonah Lupton) on EXPC.   It's popped for me this morning.

Take a look at Jonah Lupton on Twitter...he's been trending and was recently hired by Chamath...he had an amazing January and he seems to be moving the market on small cap stuff.
Been following him for awhile, even get his newsletter. Some of my prior trades like OZON came from him

Took a small position in DKNG stock.  The thought is to sell 2/3's way through NCAA tourney.  Im guessing with no tourney last year activity this year will be significant.  People need some outlets and NCAA March Madness is a great one.  My hope is 20%
Alternative that doesn't get mentioned much is flutter. $pdypy

They own 95% of fanduel and also the tvg app as well.  I like that fanduel is affiliated with pat McAfee.  His legion is going to grow and grow and it's the same target demo that barstool and Penn are currently making a killing with.

A ticker change could send it through the roof.

Took a small position in DKNG stock.  The thought is to sell 2/3's way through NCAA tourney.  Im guessing with no tourney last year activity this year will be significant.  People need some outlets and NCAA March Madness is a great one.  My hope is 20%
Alternative that doesn't get mentioned much is flutter. $pdypy

They own 95% of fanduel and also the tvg app as well.  I like that fanduel is affiliated with pat McAfee.  His legion is going to grow and grow and it's the same target demo that barstool and Penn are currently making a killing with.

A ticker change could send it through the roof.
Pat being a WVU alum ... what could go wrong?

With this pullback.... good time to enter weed stocks? If so, best bets? 
I am a huge $AYRWF fan, but it's certainly run quite a bit to this point and thus might not be as attractive (though, long term, I think it's a great hold). The other one I am starting to build a position in is $GRAMF. It's a Cali play and has a lot of big names behind it. Execution risk is certainly there, but it trading at 11ish bucks seems reasonable risk. The warrantes (exercisable at $11.50) trade at $3.10 so clearly folks see some upside. 

• Love
Reactions: JAA

When @TripItUptalks, Najeh listens. So blank check company, right? Any rumors on a suitor?

I posted my entire fintwit follow list in here before. I’ve added more. When I get time I’ll export and share again.
Yeah please do. Was just thinking I'd like to build out a FinTwit list, as when I search a ticker and scroll through the results I have no idea who's got a good record and who's a nutjob.  

Bumble IPO today?
Facebook dating is free and way more effective than bumble.  It puts the gals in control of the interaction and they aren't getting any less flakier these days.

Eta: They also make it obnoxious to cancel the paid for service on the app, leaves the user with a scammy feeling 

Last edited by a moderator:
 The other one I am starting to build a position in is $GRAMF. It's a Cali play and has a lot of big names behind it. Execution risk is certainly there, but it trading at 11ish bucks seems reasonable risk. The warrantes (exercisable at $11.50) trade at $3.10 so clearly folks see some upside. 
I picked this up a month ago. I'm only up about 8% but I see this one as a hold for awhile.

Hasn't been one of the movers and shakers yet but I'm a fan of HITIF.  They are the largest e-commerce site in North America and they recently bought #2 (smoke cartel).  Also sell bud and have licensing deals with snoop dogg, trailer park boys, and a few others.

Has the ingredients to pop imo.  Could easily be a 5x or 10x in the next couple years.
In HITIF at .68 for a couple thousand shares. 

Traded SDGR a while ago but decided FLGT gave me similar exposure. ADYEY I didn’t pull the trigger on because I have SQ. Trying to avoid redundancies until I can open more positions. Missed RDFN.
I haven’t worried as much about redundancies as long as I had enough cash to open a decent position for all. Just looking for 15% a year as a goal, but the position has to be large enough to have an actual impact. Anything above that goal is truly gravy and helps for those inevitable years where the market won’t be a fun place to be.

I sold all my BLDV.  Took some profits before any more drop.  Its a sham company that that has maybe 5 employees with no real products.  I knew this going in, but i'm a little worried the current climate for pot stock may be getting finicky.  Id rather take this capital to other, better, companies.

General Malaise said:
Cobalt prices are heading higher.  Unlike gold or silver which has Billions of dollars wagered in the derivative markets, there's next to nothing in the way of cobalt futures or options. So the metal gets priced 2x3 times a week by industry rags.  It's moved to $23 this week and ticks higher everytime we get the report from Metal Pages or Metal Bulletine.  

So the metal moving higher matters.  As does the recent shakeup to the board, adding 3 members of DRC origin.  That matters.  

And the real reason why I ever even mentioned it to begin with was the use of blockchain to prove ethically sourced material.  That matters.  That matters a lot with EV booming.  With Apple getting into EV.  Ethically sourced cobalt is really going to matter and blockchain - as Hooter will tell you - is the way to prove its ethical source. 

HODL
Now officially in the green on COBCF, at least temporarily. I've held it this long, so I may as well keep holding and see how it goes.

Any strong opinions on a lithium play?
I just hold LIT because it has access to a lot of the foreign (mostly Chinese) companies that control a lot of the actual mineral supply chains. It has given me a nice ~70% return since late October. Chamath heavily hinted about lithium plays a few days ago. 

wth MOGO?
do you suck or is this a buying opportunity.

oic the news

Mogo to acquire 19.99% of Coinsquare; agreement includes rights to increase ownership up to 40%

Brings together Canada’s leading digital wallet and leading digital asset trading platform

Coinsquare has grown to more than $525mm in trading volume for the month of January and more than $500mm in Assets Under Management as at February 9, 2021

----

seems good to me :shrug:

I'm going with buy opportunity. 

If @hooter311 agrees

Users who are viewing this thread