What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

Am I the only one that has been big on banks and oil?  Some of my best days seem to be downers here.  Feels lonely... 
I'm not with you on the banks but my wife has a healthy amount of oil in her Roth that I got in August that just unreal dividends compared to what they cost me. A lot of it is BP and Shell which are committed to transitioning to more green tech so I'm hanging on to them. 

ETA: Vanguard says I bought them in September and October actually. Their memory is probably better than mine lol. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm sloshed, but here's a question.

Caught a summary of the Congressional bill for CV-19 relief. Saw that several million will be available to venue operators that had been shut down. 

$AMC would fall under this category. Closed Friday @ $5.70
AMC up20% 

Anyone?  

Is it better to be a miner than a holder?  God, I feel like my grandfather when I tried to explain email to him.
Just the way the small cap crypto mining related stocks play. I thought dmggf has been grossly undervalued for awhile now.

Hutmf was another mining stock that was up today.

Am I the only one that has been big on banks and oil?  Some of my best days seem to be downers here.  Feels lonely... 
Bought a chunk of WFC after drop a few weeks back. Fell further from $32.50 to $30. Stared at the screen and tried to talk myself into more. Moment passed and we're at $37+ today. I'm buying into the turnaround. Heard a report extolling the strong leadership and the Feds are likely to lift the punitive asset cap soon. I'm optimistic.

Bought a chunk of WFC after drop a few weeks back. Fell further from $32.50 to $30. Stared at the screen and tried to talk myself into more. Moment passed and we're at $37+ today. I'm buying into the turnaround. Heard a report extolling the strong leadership and the Feds are likely to lift the punitive asset cap soon. I'm optimistic.
Oh and BAC is hitting 52 week highs.

CCIV up to 25% down after announcement.    :lmao:

I bought a lot more at 46.    :shark:
This is why:

The transaction includes an approximately $2.1 billion cash contribution by CCIV and a $2.5 billion, fully committed PIPE with an investor lock-up provision that binds holders well beyond closing. The PIPE is priced at $15.00 per share (a 50% premium to CCIV's net asset value) with an implied pro forma equity value of $24 billion.

At $60, the implied equity value is $72B. The merger was done for a third of that.

17% of the company was sold at $10 a share and 15% of the company was sold at $15 a share and all the shareholders right now probably paid an average of $50 a share. Hard to HODL when you see 15% of the company go for $15 a share. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

This is why:

The transaction includes an approximately $2.1 billion cash contribution by CCIV and a $2.5 billion, fully committed PIPE with an investor lock-up provision that binds holders well beyond closing. The PIPE is priced at $15.00 per share (a 50% premium to CCIV's net asset value) with an implied pro forma equity value of $24 billion.

At $60, the implied equity value is $72B. The merger was done for a third of that.

17% of the company was sold at $10 a share and 10% of the company was sold at $15 a share and all the shareholders right now probably paid an average of $50 a share. Hard to HODL when you see 10% of the company go for $15 a share. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
And that's why I'm going to just start selling on the pop. Only ACTC has maintained value for me and even that has dropped a bit. 

Just the way the small cap crypto mining related stocks play. I thought dmggf has been grossly undervalued for awhile now.

Hutmf was another mining stock that was up today.
See any mining stocks that haven't quite popped yet? I've been kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on a few (HSSHF, HVBTF, and ARBKF (Sold too soon)

17% of the company was sold at $10 a share and 15% of the company was sold at $15 a share and all the shareholders right now probably paid an average of $50 a share. Hard to HODL when you see 15% of the company go for $15 a share. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.
This is pretty standard for pipe deals(investors wouldn't invest otherwise) and those prices are never available to retail investors.  I guess we have to see what the lockup is.

I'm sure everyone here is more advanced than me, but there is such a thing and I just found it.

Marketwatch Snapshot
They fill in the blanks as to why stocks went down or up.  Most of the time it's just noise.  Today it's inflation fears, tomorrow it will be China.   Noise.

The days that the market tanks because Lehman just went bankrupt, signaling a possible lockup of the monetary system - yeah, that's headline driven.  

I bought some 2 weeks ago, do we add more or ride it out with what we got?

See any mining stocks that haven't quite popped yet? I've been kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on a few (HSSHF, HVBTF, and ARBKF (Sold too soon)
I was gonna convert some of my Mara to more hutmf at open and then the bloodbath happened.  I like hvbtf of the ones you mentioned. 

Ethereum miner.

This is why:

Yup, but if you're in it, you hold at this point, no?  I mean even if it drops to the low 40s tomorrow, I'm still easily in the green. 

This is why:

I guess Lucid announced some production delays to boot. All happened during the 6-8 pm timeframe when Robinhood users are locked out of AH trading. Brutal.

I'm spreading some $ across PLTR and EXC and maybe some SFTW. I've got 2,000 shares of WFC in my non-retirement account. Not sure I want more than that but...???

I need to put in a stop limit.
Whoa, you got me by 1,850 shares.  :lmao:

This is pretty standard for pipe deals(investors wouldn't invest otherwise) and those prices are never available to retail investors.  I guess we have to see what the lockup is.
The difference is that before the last month or so, the premium pre-merger was 10-15% then it became 30-50%. CCIV’s premium pre-merger was 500%. That’s ludicrous speed.

Just to put the current price into perspective. Tesla did not reach the market cap implied by CCIV’s market cap at $60 ($72B) until December 2019. That’s right, 7 years after they started delivering cars, Tesla was finally worth what Lucid is worth without delivering a single car. I know that “things have changed” but that market cap is very large for a company that hasn’t even begun to have any types of issues. I know he’s an ex-Tesla guy so they’ll get everything right from the start but there’s a #### ton of competition as well. That’s why they implied market cap of the merger was far less than the stock price implied. Tesla didn’t hit over 100k deliveries in a year as the only EV around until it had the Model 3. It doesn’t look like Lucid will have a sub $77k car until years from now. There will be a lot more competition by then who have a lot more manufacturing experience.

I guess Lucid announced some production delays to boot. All happened during the 6-8 pm timeframe when Robinhood users are locked out of AH trading. Brutal.
Ugh, that’s a big issue. There’s a lot of that “perfection” built into a lot these SPAC projections. Production delays with 0 cars actually being delivered is scary when there is a huge gold rush going on right now to catch Tesla by a bunch of companies with better supply chains and manufacturing capabilities.

The difference is that before the last month or so, the premium pre-merger was 10-15% then it became 30-50%. CCIV’s premium pre-merger was 500%. That’s ludicrous speed.
Lucid being owned by the Saudis and the massive rumors for a long time also played into this. Pre-DA SPACs are always speculative in nature and you really have to be careful about paying significantly more than NAV. Each SPAC is different and a successful DA/merger will dilute you.

Okay, so what does this all mean for CCIV longterm?  Is this a stock that will eventually take off or just drop from here?
The deal has them valued around $25B right near XPEV (a holding of mine). Here is a good compare to think about.

Every time I look at that automaker market cap chart I feel like GM and F are being undervalued. But I never invest in them. :shrug:

My kids play this and always the they were saying road blocks.  I deduced it was a driving game where players threw up road blocks. 

:bag:
Surprised you didnt say they have been asking for ROBUCKS to play with.  spoke with a few parents and they have to buy ROBUCKS for their kids fairly often I guess.

Surprised you didnt say they have been asking for ROBUCKS to play with.  spoke with a few parents and they have to buy ROBUCKS for their kids fairly often I guess.
Have to avoid going down that road. I'll be looking to buy in on some Roblox.

Users who are viewing this thread