What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Lot of resistance at 150 for GME.  What is it going to take to push it past?  I dont think retail is selling, not at $150.  Must be on the options side?

Lot of resistance at 150 for GME.  What is it going to take to push it past?  I dont think retail is selling, not at $150.  Must be on the options side?
Tinfoil hat:

Seems like the mob of retail is too varied to have such tight selling to keep it right around $150 ish, assuming they sell at all.

This seems like Hedges and Big Boys somehow capping/pulling it to this level through whatever method I don't understand.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
games they play. They want you to be happy to take 150. Over 150, lots of calls come in making this an even harder buy so the shorts have to try and have a stand here or rocketship is launched. I saw enough today to tell me they can't hold this back without some help. Let's hope SEC/Congess don't screw us.

These games are played every options payday. We are just getting it a day early on GME.

Last edited by a moderator:
games they play. They want you to be happy to take 150. Over 150, lots of calls come in making this an even harder buy so the shorts have to try and have a stand here or rocketship is launched. I saw enough today to tell me they can't hold this back without some help. Let's hope SEC/Congess don't screw us.

These games are played every options payday. We are just getting it a day early on GME.
This is my biggest fear and why I took some off the table 

They are on different clocks. GTBC is only market hours, not even Pre or afterhours.

BTC itself is for sale 24/7
It's still trading at a discount when it normally trades at a premium. Each share of GBTC is 1/1030th of a bitcoin. Should be closer to $47.70 right now and that's just the equal price point. 

Just found a bunch of Travelers checks that are probably 15 years old. Over/Under on how many tellers at the local bank branch have to get involved before someone knows what they are/what to do with them?
Over/Under on number of drinks you consume before you actually step foot in a physical bank? 

Well, this GME/AMC got awfully expensive in a hurry.  

Good news is I won't have to take my entire family to a movie theater.  Bad news is I couldn't afford to now if I wanted to.  

BUT DIAMOND HANDS YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I may have sold myself a little short on UVXY today, but that's OK. The first two tranches were bought so poorly, it was fortunate I was able to get out 5% up. Will finish today up >2%, so no complaints. But I need to leave that evil witch alone.

They are on different clocks. GTBC is only market hours, not even Pre or afterhours.

BTC itself is for sale 24/7
It's still trading at a discount when it normally trades at a premium. Each share of GBTC is 1/1030th of a bitcoin. Should be closer to $47.70 right now and that's just the equal price point. 
I was referring to the price of bitcoin at market close yesterday vs today. Maybe i'm missing something or it is just the discount/premium changing.

Are you holding over night?

With the wild swings of GME, could a strategy work of buying both puts AND calls?

Seems like both would likely pay as this thing rages up and then back down...

Not gonna bash Cramer but I will say he's out of touch.

One morning last month I was home and watching that morning squawk show he's on.

He told a story about needing a charging cord. As it went on, he solidified my belief. First he didn't know you could buy online and pick up. Next he went to Best Buy to pickup said order and saw a line to get in and couldn't understand why. Gets in line does his thing and leaves. Went on a tirade that Best Buy was purposely keeping customers out of the store (said he was in New Jersey). 

He's right, BB is keeping customers out. I'm sure there are occupancy limits as ordered by the government due to the pandemic. I know here in WV the governor mandated limits back in April and they haven't been eased to date. Lots of out of touch in one little story about a charging cable.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Getting my ### kicked about the same as Monday, correct that, worse. Not as bad as early Tuesday, but not a lot of time to recover. Feel like I should dip my toes into a couple stocks, but not sure it's over. May just stick with what I got and see how the week ends.

Just found a bunch of Travelers checks that are probably 15 years old. Over/Under on how many tellers at the local bank branch have to get involved before someone knows what they are/what to do with them?
probably a bunch and then they will give you a number to call.  Then you probably have to go to your state's unclaimed property website.

As an fyi, everyone should check their unclaimed property website.  Any bonus there would be good for STONKS.

Today is definitely going to wash some people out of the market imo 
Stonks are down ... but I look at it as I still have the same shares as I did when the day started.

You only lose if you sell!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread