• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fantasycurse42

• stbugs

• BassNBrew

• cosjobs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

GBTC and  MARA down about 3%

RGBFF, MSTR and MOGO down about 8-9%. Could be some relative value in those

I've been buying MSTR. Up to 52 shares.

Just now, General Malaise said:

Ah hell, it's only money.....

50 GME Stonks.....MARKET NOT HELD!

Market reacted to GM joining the mission. Let's do this.

2 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

at some point, my wife is going to tire of me yelling STONKS and I may need to actually start working again. I like Peloton and PayPal for long-term growth. 

I just had this conversation yesterday.  My of the argument was "let's focus on the results and not the process."

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

VIX Down 21.5%

UVXY +10%

wtfh. I sure miss TVIX. This is ridiculous. We should be up 40% today in UVXY

Acts like a .5 leverage, not 1.5.  I'm out.  Sold some at 9.50 to make sure I didn't lose, then decided to just GTFOut at 9.60 

1 minute ago, Angry Beavers said:

Literally bought gme right before a court appearance. Got out of zoom to find a 25% return in 15 minutes 

This stock thing is easy! 

This is easier than being in Oprah's audience.

• Laughing 2

Sold some GME I bought pre-market and free rolling now.  Went from up $5k to down $5k this morning and was stressing me out.  Just took a really long walk and relieved to see it back up.  :banned:

Plus have a sizeable position in AMC so needed to clean up the books.  Considering adding more.

:weenhands:

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut
11 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

Literally bought gme right before a court appearance. Got out of zoom to find a 25% return in 15 minutes 

This stock thing is easy! 

Did you get away with community service or doing hard time?

• Laughing 4
3 minutes ago, rascal said:

Wtf is going on with SE?  

Went up faster than everything else while the market was going up, now coming down faster than everything else as the market goes down. Same story for other frothy stocks like FLGT, BLDP, CRSP, etc.

29 minutes ago, TripItUp said:

Not a ton of risk at those prices...you don't see many reputable SPACs go from 11 to 8, for example.

Is that because they are sitting on basically the same amount of cash that they started with until they actually attempt to buy something?

29 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

at some point, my wife is going to tire of me yelling STONKS and I may need to actually start working again. I like Peloton and PayPal for long-term growth. 

Use the profits to buy her a nice tennis bracket or other jewelry piece that she will wear, but have is subtly engraved "STONKS".

Your move wifey.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
31 minutes ago, beef said:

Acts like a .5 leverage, not 1.5.  I'm out.  Sold some at 9.50 to make sure I didn't lose, then decided to just GTFOut at 9.60 

I got out too, after turning a medium loss into a small one with today's bump.  Still up on trading it overall, but think I'm done with that one.  (UVXY) 

12 minutes ago, Bonfire said:

Use the profits to buy her a nice tennis bracket or other jewelry piece that she will wear, but have is subtly engraved "STONKS".

Your move wifey.

Yeah, but do it in like Japanese, so it looks classy:  ストーンクス

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 5
3 hours ago, Charlie Harper said:
3 hours ago, David Dodds said:

GME launch is the ultimate Psychology study.

Literally, if everyone diamond-handed right now this thing hits $1000+ as their are not enough shares to cover the short positions.

But the whole market works on people being weak and everyone wanting to ensure they aren't the last bag holder.

I wonder if this will hit $400 like last time. A lot of people will have learned their lesson. However, if hedge funds are taking a side next to retail, why not?

I think everyone had the mindset this was a "one time thing".  I thought it was obvious that it wouldn't be.  I mean, once the inmates understand how to get organized, the gloves are off.

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:
3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Holy cow

Someone just bought a ton of 3/19 $500 GME calls at almost $3000 apiece.

This is what we want. This could very well be the people shorting as their algos are now saying the gamma squeeze is very much on the table. So the original bad guys end up being on the winning team too. Or just different hedge funds all lining up here for a massive play.

Frankly, this is what we need.  It cant be someone winning and someone losing, it needs to be some people winning and some people winning less.

2 hours ago, steelerfan1 said:

@Todemany concerns about EXC splitting into 2 companies? Not sure if that changes anything?

Where have you heard this?  Go on my friend :)

Looking at the rest of my stonks, it seems like a lot of selloff getting into cash.  Maybe there will be a liquidity event!

2 hours ago, David Dodds said:

Once I sell GME/AMC, I will be transitioning into PayPal and Peloton. Both are attractive to me at the current prices.

Isnt PayPal going to go away?  How is it better than Venmo or other institutional options?

1 minute ago, JAA said:

Isnt PayPal going to go away?  How is it better than Venmo or other institutional options?

PayPal owns Venmo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JAA said:

Looking at the rest of my stonks, it seems like a lot of selloff getting into cash.  Maybe there will be a liquidity event!

If I look at my personal chart, the same thing happened on January 26th-27th when GME popped the first time. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, ChiefD said:

If I look at my personal chart, the same thing happened on January 26th-27th when GME popped the first time. 

So you're accusing Dodds of taking our money?

• Laughing 1
1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

SEC investigating Elon Musk for his tweets.

Nice buy opportunity for TSLA probably.  That's all these dumb headlines have ever been.

I sold my TSLA stock when Elon called the diver who saved the kids a pedio.  Cost me $20k last I looked, and no Im not looking again.

For those not used to dabbling in the meme stonks, this here is the daily pile drive from the shorts before they let the stock run once the West Coast is on lunch (a few minutes from now)

• Like 4
1 minute ago, GROOT said:

I may do the same

I made a sizeable bet here at 9.40 and 9.30. I will pair down at close before earnings no matter what here. AMC has been so good to me, even if I lose here this seemed like a smart play.

7 minutes ago, David Dodds said:

For those not used to dabbling in the meme stonks, this here is the daily pile drive from the shorts before they let the stock run once the West Coast is on lunch (a few minutes from now)

West coast guys eat lunch between 9am and 10am.  In 20+ years working for 3 different hedge funds, I can probably count on both hands the number of times these lunches were eaten somewhere other than our desks.  Money never eats, pal.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Laughing 3
Just now, General Malaise said:

West coast guys eat lunch between 9am and 10am.  In 20+ years working for 3 different hedge funds, I can probably count on both hands the number of times these lunches were eaten somewhere other than our desks.  Money never eats, pal.

Although right now I am fantasizing about a 3 martini lunch at the trendy restaurant a block away from me.  Anything to numb the pain.