What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (30 Viewers)

Maybe a dumb thought, possibly more long term too, but...  Why aren't utility/electric companies doing better, and is there a surge coming?  

With all this push to EV and electric everything, you have to to use the power they sell to charge it.  EV tech up, battery tech up, charging stations up, I get it.  Then you have wind/solar/alternative power companies on the rise.  Well, maybe before this past month but there was still a huge boom.  There's probably some SPAC out there ready to take "rubbing your feet on the carpet for static electricity" public too.  In the end, whether you're creating power or the using it, someone needs to deliver it and is that not the EXC, PPL, Dukes, Dominions of the country?   And most are still down or in what seems like a "value".  
I’ve been adding to NEE during these dips for these reasons, plus they’re also a renewable play. Little growthier than a normal utility, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold yesterdays Fulgent for a 25%+ gain.  Ditto some of the stock we don't speak of around here for 15%.  Also trimmed some Kroger and Cisco winners to build cash.  If this turns south Paypal and SE may be on sale.

At some point Big Oil has to pause a bit, no?  Still like the value, but getting a little out of control (too high too fast).  NRGU is a 6+ bagger since November.  

If some of these EV/battery techs like QS aren't careful, AMZN or AAPL might dip into their petty cash accounts and buy them.  

Non-retirement positions update, have been building a cash position so I can reposition when it feels like we're closer to a bottom.

DKNG (sold half of my position)

SI 

IPOE Calls (sold stock)

MAR Calls and Stock

CZR

SRNGU

HZAC

Overall a pretty brutal 23% correction to my holdings.  I am now 70% cash.

Or get back in.  For months I was wishing I would have kept certain, or larger, positions in PLTR, QS, AI, CRWD.  Well, I just got that chance.   
MP too.  That was one I wish I never got out of.  Back in now.

ok, IPOE you got me to add more at $13.80.  Pretty sure I bought some at $23.80 and felt good about that LT.   
This is such a good buy if your horizon is over a year IMHO.   I got out of the stock because I thought it would continue to fall but I may be a buyer here shortly.   I'll be shocked if its not a 2 bagger at this price point with a 2 year horizon.

I hate the “tech” classification. Same with stay at home. Yes, some things accelerated but every company we’ve discussed already existed pre COVID. The first fork was technology. There is no such thing as a business that doesn’t use what people call tech. I mean software, hardware, biotech, etc. Everyone uses it already. I’m big into the so called tech because it’s not going away, ever, unless we revert back to the Middle Ages and Bitcoin and cash will both be useless.

Damn double quote, my bad.

Fixed for FLGT. 
You were saying....

This is such a good buy if your horizon is over a year IMHO.   I got out of the stock because I thought it would continue to fall but I may be a buyer here shortly.   I'll be shocked if its not a 2 bagger at this price point with a 2 year horizon.
Thanks.  :thumbup:   Yes, in my Roth so well over a year.  More like a 10-15 year buy and forget hold.  

Just added some in my brokerage account too.  Double playing this one now.

Non-retirement positions update, have been building a cash position so I can reposition when it feels like we're closer to a bottom.

DKNG (sold half of my position)

SI 

IPOE Calls (sold stock)

MAR Calls and Stock

CZR

SRNGU

HZAC

Overall a pretty brutal 23% correction to my holdings.  I am now 70% cash.
What is going on with $SI?

Wow...only real winner is a brick and mortar that sells games.  Economy must be shifting.
It won't be a brick and mortar business for long. You need to rethink what GameStop is and what it's soon to be. This is essentially an IPO on Ryan Cohen's new company. Sale price ends today.

• Love
Reactions: JAA
Feels to me like the big boys are done with the games and are trying to shake out all the new retail investors. It's not like a new pandemic started or anything really changed in the economy.
Rising rates are spooking everyone. Not sure that the sell-off is done but I'm certainly hoping for a reversal soon (like after lunch).

Users who are viewing this thread