Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

I picked the wrong time to get in this game.... maybe this is all my fault....

You're living up to your number. ;)

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 60.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • fantasycurse42

    3538

  • stbugs

    3076

  • BassNBrew

    3056

  • cosjobs

    2004

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trying to time bottoms is very hard. If you believe in the company long term I feel this price is a very strong entry point long term. Set it and forget for a while. When it doubles....take your

I will make a wager. If this stock hits $420.69 before this earnings call on March 31st, I will pass out 100 FBG subscriptions to the gents in the stock thread.

sponks

42 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

I picked the wrong time to get in this game.... maybe this is all my fault....

That's exactly how I feel! Been in a bout 2 weeks and am WAY down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Capella said:

Guys it’ll be fine. It’s stressful and annoying for sure but panicking is not a strategy. The market will rebound

Of course. I'm not even sure this is that significant. It's been a tough two weeks but we're still up 3% (VTI) YTD. And still up from the end of January. 🤷🏽‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Capella said:

The market will rebound. 

The market will rebound but the question is whether the same stuff that fell is what what drive the rebound.  I tend to think yes but it's totally possible that a lot of this tech stuff that ran wildly will find a new base around this area or a little ways back, but still a long ways off the highs even as SPY recovers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I jumped in some more GME fun money on that last Ryan Cohen tweet in case it ran to 200 again.  Turns out I managed to buy the top perfectly.  Guess I'm a hodler with Dodds now.

  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The market will rebound but the question is whether the same stuff that fell is what what drive the rebound.  I tend to think yes but it's totally possible that a lot of this tech stuff that ran wildly will find a new base around this area or a little ways back, but still a long ways off the highs even as SPY recovers.

I dunno. I’m still of the belief we will have a hot 2021 once things gets reasonably re-opened so I am sticking with that until I have reason otherwise. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Capella said:

I dunno. I’m still of the belief we will have a hot 2021 once things gets reasonably re-opened so I am sticking with that until I have reason otherwise. 

Right but then the question is it all the re-opening stocks that make 2021 hot and the tech/stay at home stuff just sits down here?  Not saying it will happen but there are plenty of scenarios where SPY goes back to constant new highs and stuff that a lot of us here own like TTD, CRSP, NNOX, NIO, etc etc etc only bounce back minimally and never get back near the highs.

One thing I've noticed with these last few days is that every  time the market bounces back to a prior mark my account is still lower than when it was last at that mark.  IE if SPY is at 385 then goes to 380 then back to 385 my account is still a fair bit lower than it was when it was sitting on 385 originally.  A lot of stuff isn't bouncing much or at all with market moves up, but is certainly following the market down.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NajehHejan said:

Serious question - do folks think the ARK funds will eventually rebound like everything else, or have they jumped the shark? Are investors done with these cutting edge innovative companies?

I got out because I think they got too popular. Unlike a mutual fund, they can't stop taking money even if there is no where they really want to put it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I jumped in some more GME fun money on that last Ryan Cohen tweet in case it ran to 200 again.  Turns out I managed to buy the top perfectly.  Guess I'm a hodler with Dodds now.

I did the opposite...paper hands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Capella said:

I dunno. I’m still of the belief we will have a hot 2021 once things gets reasonably re-opened so I am sticking with that until I have reason otherwise. 

The biggest worry is yields force a flight to quality.  Higher yields have a lot of other downstream effects like hammering dividend stocks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, joker said:

GM, any thoughts on Cobalt? I've seen some swings the last few weeks but a general direction downward...

Cobalt STOCKS are trending down, but point me to some stocks that aren't trending down at the moment....well, other than the bearish ETFs.  

Cobalt METAL is ticking higher week over week.  For perspective on Jan 1, 2021 high grade cobalt metal was marked at $15.90/Lb.  Today, we are seeing $25/Lb.  That's a significant move for a metal that was flat lining for over a year.  

And, the cobalt stocks are largely crappy juniors - the Jervois/Cobalt Blockchains of the world are heavily flawed, but such is the life of penny stocks in resource names.  If the metal continues to tick higher, the equities will follow.  I have no reason to believe that cobalt metal will pause or trend back down.  This is a healthy upward move and demand is only growing DESPITE the fact that aerospace is largely dead at the moment. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Of course. I'm not even sure this is that significant. It's been a tough two weeks but we're still up 3% (VTI) YTD. And still up from the end of January. 🤷🏽‍♂️

VTI is only up 1.2% YTD, no.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Capella said:

I dunno. I’m still of the belief we will have a hot 2021 once things gets reasonably re-opened so I am sticking with that until I have reason otherwise. 

Yea.  We shall see what the jobs report is like tomorrow, but I expect March jobs to be up and second quarter GDP growth to start making up ground from last year.  There is inflation risk, which is what is happening with rates, but rates are still historically low.  Bump in the road -- economy should prepare for liftoff.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Todem said:

AMZN under 3K a share?

 

BUY BUY BUY

:lmao:

I mean I could sell the Amazon I acquired 6 months ago to by some better performing shares.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The last 10 mins have been brutal selloffs the last few days, it will be interesting to see how we close today.

Would have figured a big rally or big sell off but it just kinda flatlined lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The least sexy number in the FLGT report, but the one I was most interested in.

Non-COVID Revenue grew 43% year-over-year. I don't know how all of that will shake out in the market, but they're doing something with the resources they were able to obtain.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The last 10 mins have been brutal selloffs the last few days, it will be interesting to see how we close today.

That's why I mentioned on Monday that the close was concerning after such a big day. Really pointed to it being a bounce and not a real move up. It was all downhill from there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Expects overall revenue of approximately $800.0 million in 2021, representing growth of 90% year-over-year

Of the $800.0 million, anticipates $70.0 million in revenue from NGS testing, representing growth of 92% year-over-year

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Right but then the question is it all the re-opening stocks that make 2021 hot and the tech/stay at home stuff just sits down here?  Not saying it will happen but there are plenty of scenarios where SPY goes back to constant new highs and stuff that a lot of us here own like TTD, CRSP, NNOX, NIO, etc etc etc only bounce back minimally and never get back near the highs.

One thing I've noticed with these last few days is that every  time the market bounces back to a prior mark my account is still lower than when it was last at that mark.  IE if SPY is at 385 then goes to 380 then back to 385 my account is still a fair bit lower than it was when it was sitting on 385 originally.  A lot of stuff isn't bouncing much or at all with market moves up, but is certainly following the market down.

Yep

Which a reason I try to limit my tech holdings. But that's been really hard this year even in index funds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Capella said:

I’m at mid-November so I’m not sweating this but it’s obviously annoying. 

Yeah, still way, way up but damn annoying. Made some more nibbles but not jumping in fully yet. If I missed the bottom, oh well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Good report from DMTK, too. Not FLGT good, but good.

Nice, bought some before close. Should have added more FLGT. I did add some of that at $92 on Wednesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

FLGT- down 45%

NNOX- down 45%

CRSP- down 30%

AXON- down 25%

Down atleast 10% on a handful of others PINS, AMT, EBS included.

Having been doing this less than a year and this is my first taste of the puckering effect.

NOT SELLING though. NOT buying now either...

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Yep

Which a reason I try to limit my tech holdings. But that's been really hard this year even in index funds.

I hate the “tech” classification. Same with stay at home. Yes, some things accelerated but every company we’ve discussed already existed pre COVID. The first fork was technology. There is no such thing as a business that doesn’t use what people call tech. I mean software, hardware, biotech, etc. Everyone uses it already. I’m big into the so called tech because it’s not going away, ever, unless we revert back to the Middle Ages and Bitcoin and cash will both be useless.

Damn double quote, my bad.

 

19 minutes ago, steelerfan1 said:

FLGT- down 14%

NNOX- down 45%

CRSP- down 30%

AXON- down 25%

Down atleast 10% on a handful of others PINS, AMT, EBS included.

Having been doing this less than a year and this is my first taste of the puckering effect.

NOT SELLING though. NOT buying now either...

 

Fixed for FLGT. 

Edited by stbugs
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Capella said:

Guys it’ll be fine. It’s stressful and annoying for sure but panicking is not a strategy. The market will rebound. 

:thumbup: I feel real good about my buys today and even yesterday too.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

if you would have told me my position in oil would be the only thing running this year (OXY), i'd have been surprised.    to be fair..some red on my list.

Edited by kodycutter
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...