What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

I have complete calmness surrounding my GME shares. I have no doubt where this goes if we do not get SEC or Congress intervention. And if we do get that intervention, it's because it continues to run up. I may start trimming my shares at $1,000 per share. 
That is what I have my 60 days sell order set for but that is so my shares can't be used.

I have complete calmness surrounding my GME shares. I have no doubt where this goes if we do not get SEC or Congress intervention. And if we do get that intervention, it's because it continues to run up. I may start trimming my shares at $1,000 per share. 
Jesus Christ I’ll start shaking it this hits 600 a share. 

Ya - what are the long term prospects here?  I have a very small position so not a lot of risk, but do we like this stonk long term?
I think better days are ahead and would consider this a fun little stonk to gamble on.  Keep a small position on and lean on Todem for investments.  

• Love
Reactions: JAA
That is what I have my 60 days sell order set for but that is so my shares can't be used.
I want the shorts to keep using my shares for now. It just sets the spring even tighter a bit further down the road. The call options chain that was put in place a year ago when this stock was trading at $5 has everyone on the opposite end of those calls stuck. The multiple simulations all end with the same result. 

And the companies pivot via Ryan Cohen will produce solid earnings going forward. I have stopped buying shares at these prices, but I don't think $500 a share is a meme. I believe in the pivot to ecommerce. Chewy's market cap is $44B and they lose money. The gaming space is bigger than pet food.

I like the stock.

For those wavering on GME - unless you are risking serious FU or life changing money, here are my thoughts.  In 20 years, when those around you are talking about that ye ole meme stonk GME, and recounting their tales of the DFV, senate hearings, and soft serve, what story are you going to tell?

"Yea kids, it was great, I tripled my money on that GME.  I then sold and reinvested into magical coins you get from make-believe mining.  Crazy times kiddos!  Those coins didnt grow any beanstalks, but wow it was a sight to be told!"

"Yea kids, it was hilarious.  My diamond ape hands held so hard I had a 10 bagger.  When the dip started though, I didnt care.  I mean, sometimes you make 10x and sometimes you lose 10x.  So there I was, hammering away on the FBG talking about how money dont mean #### to me cause Im all :chetlambo:.  The hedgies were sweating mullets with their FUD and silver, but #### I knew the /game and I wasnt going to let it /stop.  Those hedgies eventually crumbled and it was glorious, the reddits rejoiced.  Then congress, the SEC and lawyers stepped in ... #####es.  All the while I hodor like the playa you know your granpops to be.  With the new lawsuits, the stonk crumbled down to $4 per share.  I lost it all boys, I lost it all.  I did get this $0.37 check from the lawyers over the class action suit.  I never cashed that #### cause YOLO.  Take a look at this bad boy check kiddos, gllll peas!!1!!11!"

For those wavering on GME - unless you are risking serious FU or life changing money, here are my thoughts.  In 20 years, when those around you are talking about that ye ole meme stonk GME, and recounting their tales of the DFV, senate hearings, and soft serve, what story are you going to tell?

"Yea kids, it was great, I tripled my money on that GME.  I then sold and reinvested into magical coins you get from make-believe mining.  Crazy times kiddos!  Those coins didnt grow any beanstalks, but wow it was a sight to be told!"

"Yea kids, it was hilarious.  My diamond ape hands held so hard I had a 10 bagger.  When the dip started though, I didnt care.  I mean, sometimes you make 10x and sometimes you lose 10x.  So there I was, hammering away on the FBG talking about how money dont mean #### to me cause Im all :chetlambo:.  The hedgies were sweating mullets with their FUD and silver, but #### I knew the /game and I wasnt going to let it /stop.  Those hedgies eventually crumbled and it was glorious, the reddits rejoiced.  Then congress, the SEC and lawyers stepped in ... #####es.  All the while I hodor like the playa you know your granpops to be.  With the new lawsuits, the stonk crumbled down to $4 per share.  I lost it all boys, I lost it all.  I did get this $0.37 check from the lawyers over the class action suit.  I never cashed that #### cause YOLO.  Take a look at this bad boy check kiddos, gllll peas!!1!!11!"
:lmao: epic

Im horrible at timing.  Are you thinking like 930am or like 1130am?  I was always told never try to time the market, hence are my market orders.
I might wait a few days actually. I just want to watch the volume on this for a few days. It feels like a great situation to day trade to accumulate shares

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I just sold my large ES and medium PH positions in preparation for the Roblox IPO.  Im sitting at about 17% cash.

I dont know much about the IPO, but I do know much about the Roblox platform.  I see it as a direct competitor to Minecraft but its child friendly coding platform to be above and beyond what others offer to-date.

Worst cast scenario I can tell my kids I lost their college education in Roblox stonk.  Let them choke on that!

I just sold my large ES and medium PH positions in preparation for the Roblox IPO.  Im sitting at about 17% cash.

I dont know much about the IPO, but I do know much about the Roblox platform.  I see it as a direct competitor to Minecraft but its child friendly coding platform to be above and beyond what others offer to-date.

Worst cast scenario I can tell my kids I lost their college education in Roblox stonk.  Let them choke on that!
I don't know anything about the game. I guess revenue comes from add ons?

Freed up some cash for the Roblox IPO tomorrow.  :excited:
This is one I don't get.  When my kids play Roblox all I see are cheesy games with bad graphics.  What am I missing?
Have you ever played the multi-billion dollar brand game called Minecraft?  Roblox has a full scripting language behind it which kids/adults can leverage to create add-ons.

Just heard Andrew Ross Sorkin claim that if a group of people get together and decide to go long or go short on a stock and if they act collectively, then that is illegal. To his credit, Pat Toomey (who was being interviewed) demurred, saying that he is not the expert in this area. Then he pushed back and mentioned investment clubs who may act in unison and Sorkin hedged a bit, saying that they need to act as one. They were talking about GME obviously, and I think Sorkin is wrong but I know less about the law than anyone. Feels like Sorkin is interpreting the law how he wants which obviously favors the institutions. On CNBC now with Petterfy who may provide Sorkin some defense.

ETA: Petterfy is talking like a conservative, saying that the SEC and the powers that be should do nothing and let the markets self-correct. Sorkin is flustered.
Huh.  So I wonder what he thinks about the legality of a hedge fund taking a massive short position in a stock to drive the price down, then colluding with another hedge fund to buy a bunch of puts against the same stock to create more selling pressure, prior to feeding false news/information to CNBC/WSJ to further push the price down.  You know, the way Jim Cramer explained he and other funds do regularly in that interview years ago.

Is that kind of collusion and foment cool, and it's just a bunch of guys on an internet forum saying "we should buy this itz goin to da moOn!!!" that's illegal?

That's not to mention the legality of a hedge fund taking a large short position to drive down the price of a stock that another hedge fund they are providing a multi-billion dollar loan to is stuck in.

Huh.  So I wonder what he thinks about the legality of a hedge fund taking a massive short position in a stock to drive the price down, then colluding with another hedge fund to buy a bunch of puts against the same stock to create more selling pressure, prior to feeding false news/information to CNBC/WSJ to further push the price down.  You know, the way Jim Cramer explained he and other funds do regularly in that interview years ago.

Is that kind of collusion and foment cool, and it's just a bunch of guys on an internet forum saying "we should buy this itz goin to da moOn!!!" that's illegal?

That's not to mention the legality of a hedge fund taking a large short position to drive down the price of a stock that another hedge fund they are providing a multi-billion dollar loan to is stuck in.
Its all good when certain people make money, but not cool when others make money ...

Users who are viewing this thread