What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

PFE at least could be considered a stable, bond type investment with 4% yield. I'm not buying, but it's not a horrible idea.
That is the point of a stock like that. If it did nothing in price...and you simply compounded that 4% yield since 1998.....a nice, stable slice in your portfolio. 

Nothing wrong with some absolutely boring yield as part of the overall allocation. Same can be said of GSK. Price has simply done not a whole lot....but that 5 plus yield keeps a pumping along. 

Not every stock you own has to go to the moon. Yield and low volatility is part of the overall puzzle. 

Just a note - PFE is at the same level it was at in 1998, dividends included.  I don't see their ability to reward shareholders changing.

Complete, utter, permanent dog.  :BnB:Even worse than Amazon:/BnB:
I know this as it was the first stock I ever bought, in 1998.  Literally.  I still have it as a reminder. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the point of a stock like that. If it did nothing in price...and you simply compounded that 4% yield since 1998.....a nice, stable slice in your portfolio. 

Nothing wrong with some absolutely boring yield as part of the overall allocation. Same can be said of GSK. Price has simply done not a whole lot....but that 5 plus yield keeps a pumping along. 

Not every stock you own has to go to the moon. Yield and low volatility is part of the overall puzzle. 
Is EBS at a good price to invest in right now?

Well damn, I guess my answer yesterday morning was yes stupid, buy the stocks you are looking at instead of posing a question that’s ignored.

Obviously the stocks bought would have made a minimal impact to the ones I already own but it seems like the lows of March 5th, 8th and yesterday might be the bottom of the tech/growth stock downturn. I’m sure there will likely be another retrace but there seems to be some general support at these levels.

Well damn, I guess my answer yesterday morning was yes stupid, buy the stocks you are looking at instead of posing a question that’s ignored.

Obviously the stocks bought would have made a minimal impact to the ones I already own but it seems like the lows of March 5th, 8th and yesterday might be the bottom of the tech/growth stock downturn. I’m sure there will likely be another retrace but there seems to be some general support at these levels.
I think its going to be choppy for a while honestly.

I'm not convinced yet.

:kicksrock:

Almost bought into a company which donated dog treats, bed, cage, etc for my daughter's make a wish this week. Just checked in and it's up 9% AH. (Chewy / $CHWY)
We use them for our dog food/treats/toys. Great company. Freaky fast delivery and no shipping charges for orders over $50. 

That doesn't sound like much of a vacation
Lol. I’ll be sitting at the beach and relaxing. I won’t do too much but I’m sure I’ll have some times to keep an eye on things. It’s so damn easy with apps on your phone to make quick trades.

Also, don’t get me wrong, this is not SharkNZima type trading. That’s a job in and of itself.

Boring day so far ...

Question:  Should naked short selling be allowed?  If so why, if not why not?

Lol. I’ll be sitting at the beach and relaxing. I won’t do too much but I’m sure I’ll have some times to keep an eye on things. It’s so damn easy with apps on your phone to make quick trades.

Also, don’t get me wrong, this is not SharkNZima type trading. That’s a job in and of itself.
Where ya' headed? I'll be at the beach next week too. 

Are you talking about tech losing ground due to inflation? It's basically the valuation model for growth companies. If I'm growing at a steady 5%/year for the next 5-10 years, rising interest rates have less impact on my discounted future cash flows. A significant amount of the value of my company already exists in the present/near-term. 5 years out, the value of my company is barely over 1.25x.

If I'm growing at 50%/year, I'm at what - 7.5x value just 5 years out? My discount rate increasing has a disproportionate impact on the value projected on those out years, which is what most of the price of my stock is based on. Then you layer on that most growth companies aren't profitable, so lending costs theoretically increase as well, as availability of capital is decreasing.

Put a limit order in for HGEN tomorrow at 22.65.  Feel like there’s still plenty of ceiling left after the positive results.  
Sorry HGEN guys.  But in fairness it should have been a big red flag to all of you when I bought some. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Are you talking about tech losing ground due to inflation? It's basically the valuation model for growth companies. If I'm growing at a steady 5%/year for the next 5-10 years, rising interest rates have less impact on my discounted future cash flows. A significant amount of the value of my company already exists in the present/near-term. 5 years out, the value of my company is barely over 1.25x.

If I'm growing at 50%/year, I'm at what - 7.5x value just 5 years out? My discount rate increasing has a disproportionate impact on the value projected on those out years, which is what most of the price of my stock is based on. Then you layer on that most growth companies aren't profitable, so lending costs theoretically increase as well, as availability of capital is decreasing.
Appreciate it, but no, this time I was chastising myself for not buying a few things that are up 10%+ since yesterday morning.

back in HGEN @ 18.15
I've got enough already but it's awfully tempting to buy more.  On paper it seems like the right play but I'm so perplexed on why it has been dropping that I can't justify putting any more money into it.

Would really like to see Durrant start putting himself out there more and generate some buzz about this stock.  

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA

Users who are viewing this thread