What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

What does being frugal or tight have to do with my prediction for the bottom in oil?

For a multitude of reasons, I don't want gasoline to be a quarter a gallon.

I drive 8000-9000 miles a year.  I don't spend much on gas even driving a guzzler.   My investment portfolio and its performance is much more important and low oil seems to be hurting it to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars.

Gotta be pound smart and penny foolish
Lol, I was joking about .25 and I didn't expect you to take it seriously.

In moving onto the SPX chart, as long as we remain below 1975SPX SPX, -1.25% I can substantiate one more lower low. Right now, we have the potential for a textbook wave 4 flat pattern forming, which is the pattern we have been carefully tracking for the last few weeks. Currently, we have likely completed wave iv in the (c) wave of that 4th wave. And as long as Friday's low holds as support, I am looking up toward the 1947SPX level to complete the (c) wave. This can then set us up for a 5th wave to a lower low into the 1700s, as seen on the 60-minute chart. :popcorn:  

324 point swing and counting.

Oil was down in the morning...market was down over 200 points. Oil reverses.....market moving up.

Mmmmmmm. Naaa it's not heavily correlated.

Once oil stabilizes and the election is over......mother of a stock market rally and short covering galore. Historians of the market will end up calling this "The Great Recession Scare of 2016".

While there are many global economy risks present I don't think a US recession is happening this year nor next. The oil market has caused mass destruction in the credit markets, bank scares again because of all this bad debt out there in one sector etc. There is a sympathetic widening in other high yield sectors outside of energy (which equals opportunity).

Current GDP projections from the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is calling for 2.6 in the first quarter compared to a 2.2 consensus. Solid gains in manufacturing employment, increases in hourly earnings and hours worked. The US economy still has plenty of steam in the engine for the next year to 2 years. 3rd and 4th quarter 2017 I will be totally re-evaluating and re-balancing and taking a lot of profits. But this year and next IMO will likely be the last leg of the current bull market. Quality and dividends is my theme (always has been). We will have to have the chickens come home to roost at some point moving forward (but IMO not till 2018) into a higher interest rate environment and have some real pain again.

Again, I think this is a healthy correction with several headwinds (china, oil and the election) still firmly in place that will continue to cause this volatility for some time. I don't expect much till 3rd quarter and 4th quarter in the way of a real true upward trend. So take advantage of big dips to add high quality dividend paying stocks, for day traders...low priced miners like FCX present great swings to trade in and out of. But swim at your own risk.

I am finding great value in transports and some high quality industrial stocks here as well as information technology

NSC

UNP

BA

UTX

INTC

AAPL

CSCO

Long 400 RICE @ 8.12

Buying up against this support level at 7.92-8.05. Will place my stop at 7.70 or so.
Really disappointed with this trade. On Monday it traded up to 9.50 and then retreated. Earnings came out yesterday and the stock was volatile at the open. Just so happened that my trading platform had an update last night and it wasn't showing the last bar on the chart.

So, I ended up selling out at 8.53. It continued dropping all the way down back to the 8.10 level and popped right back up into the 8.50 range. But all that happened while I was on tech support. Argh.

The good news is I took more than 6 points out of this rally with the E-mini over the last hour.

Short the ES at 1943. Looking to sell against this resistance. Have a stop just above if it breaks out.

Hit 1940.25 but didn't exit. Stopped out @ 1945.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.

Market sold off pretty hard this afternoon, closed at the lows of the day.  Data continues to be fairly weak, see what tomorrow brings.

I also posted this a few months ago but I really like LXU as a cheap long Chem play if you want to own a bit of something cheap with low risk and high reward IMO.

Up 15% since I posted about it last year.  
Now up 37% riding the market today.

Cashing out some of the gravy and will look for a dip later this week.

What is everyone doing today with the movement?

Everything across the board is up big and I'm wondering who's shaving some of the profit or just let it sit and keep riding?

Everything across the board is up big and I'm wondering who's shaving some of the profit or just let it sit and keep riding?
Moved more money in my IRA out of bonds and gold into stock.  Now 65%+ in stocks.

John Bender said:

Ok well I got busy and didn't cash this out yesterday.

Now up 77% 83% :shock:  since I bought and posted it here.

I like this as a 20 dollar stock and will probably let it ride. Up another 22% today. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sold my UCO yesterday. Nothing seems to really get it moving and it seems to ignore the market overall.  On the watch list.

There was a lot of worrying just 2-3 weeks ago here, but this is a very solid push up over the past 10 days. How are the guys who were bear-ish feeling this week?

I have just about everything up at this point and have an opportunity to make an actual profit here that's significant for me. I'm really on the edge of shorting it all, pulling it and re-balancing but are we destined to turn this all around?  When will we see another dip below 16,000 on the DJIA?  

Anyone who is bear-ish I'd love to hear from. Not that I take everything as gospel, but I'm really just looking for education/opinions.

Go.

Also pissed that I mis-timed FCX every single time I tried to get in and out.  So infuriating.  In spite of the success recently, this one really pisses me off.

Sold my UCO yesterday. Nothing seems to really get it moving and it seems to ignore the market overall.  On the watch list.

There was a lot of worrying just 2-3 weeks ago here, but this is a very solid push up over the past 10 days. How are the guys who were bear-ish feeling this week?

I have just about everything up at this point and have an opportunity to make an actual profit here that's significant for me. I'm really on the edge of shorting it all, pulling it and re-balancing but are we destined to turn this all around?  When will we see another dip below 16,000 on the DJIA?  

Anyone who is bear-ish I'd love to hear from. Not that I take everything as gospel, but I'm really just looking for education/opinions.

Go.
No one knows where the market is going to go in the short term, but fundamentally, I think it's clearly overvalued.  We're pricing in above average growth/economic conditions but we're in a below average environment.  That doesn't mean that the market has to drop, but at some point the disconnect will come back in line, either via lower prices or higher growth.

Still room on the LXU bandwagon. This thing continues to surge and smashed through the $10 mark this morning for a return of +110% now.  Still like it as a 20-30 dollar play.

go get some IMO

Confirmation that Playtech is an interested buyer in Amaya, which adds intrigue to Amaya's CEO announcement last month that he was planning to buy out Amaya shares at $21 and take it private.  Stock gapped up, settling in now, but the gap between here and 21 should close in a hurry, IMHO.

Confirmation that Playtech is an interested buyer in Amaya, which adds intrigue to Amaya's CEO announcement last month that he was planning to buy out Amaya shares at $21 and take it private.  Stock gapped up, settling in now, but the gap between here and 21 should close in a hurry, IMHO.
Are you talking NASDAQ prices (curently around 15.20) or Canadian? Might throw some fun money at it if you're talking $6.00 upside.

Still room on the LXU bandwagon. This thing continues to surge and smashed through the $10 mark this morning for a return of +110% now.  Still like it as a 20-30 dollar play.

go get some IMO
I know nothing about it but oh my what a beautiful chart. I'm in!

GM with a P/E of 5? In fact, I can't find an auto over 8. Just love me some Tesla. Imagine one day (and this is a crazy thought) that they are valued on the same basis as their peers - What do they have to do to justify their current valuation, yet alone future valuations?

i envy the person who makes a fortune shorting this company, I just don't have the balls :kicksrock:

I've pimped this company before but like most Canadian stocks, it has been hit hard over the last yearish, but I'm still very much a believer in this one and remain a long term investor.  It's my 2nd largest position (behind Amaya, which I'm starting to get very frustrated with) and I will probably hold this thing for years.  Nice little piece out today on it.  This company isn't flashy or fancy but it's well managed, well positioned and should report outstanding numbers next month.

Clearwater Seafood - CLR:CN or CSEAF:US

CFO announced retirement yesterday, but they have a good succession plan.  Stock's had a modest climb this month.  Be nice to see it close above $9 US today.

Think I might seek out some scallops for dinner tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread