What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (24 Viewers)

:unsure:  What happened to Token? Can no longer tag him for his thoughts 

Edit @Todem... what's up with BLDP? Buying opp? Having doubts? 

damn... just woke up and brain was foggy :lol:  
Again.......LONG. Potential 10 bagger.

This quarter was fully expected due to the pandemic. Sitting on the earnings call at today 11AM eastern and everything looks fundamentally sound with the business (I read the entire earnings report and while it looks ugly I am highly confident they are going in the right direction and have the best tech in the space) They are poised for incredible growth over the next 5 years. This is a speed bump and part of investing in a new technology. 

I have said it a lot.....if your looking to simply trade it....good luck. If your looking to invest....stay long. Dont look at it all the time. And also don’t put all you money in it. 

Their cash reserves are at over 1.2B now. They increased their cash reserves 600% That is huge. They are poised for incredible growth in the hydrogen fuel cell space and IMO are the class of this space.

If you have not bought into this stock.....today will be a great day to add it. Also if you don’t have a large exposure and have some cash....average down today. 

My opinion stands. I already knew this was going to be a very soft quarter due to circumstances beyond their control with the global pandemic. 

Take care everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again.......LONG. Potential 10 bagger.

This quarter was fully expected due to the pandemic. Sitting on the earnings call at today 11AM eastern and everything looks fundamentally sound with the business (I read the entire earnings report and while it looks ugly I am highly confident they are going in the right direction and have the best tech in the space) They are poised for incredible growth over the next 5 years. This is a speed bump and part of investing in a new technology. 

I have said it a lot.....if your looking to simply trade it....good luck. If your looking to invest....stay long. Dont look at it all the time. And also don’t put all you money in it. 

Their cash reserves are at over 1.2B now. They increased their cash reserves 600% That is huge. They are poised for incredible growth in the hydrogen fuel cell space and IMO are the class of this space.

If you have not bought into this stock.....today will be a great day to add it. Also if you don’t have a large exposure and have some cash....average down today. 

My opinion stands. I already knew this was going to be a very soft quarter due to circumstances beyond their control with the global pandemic. 

Take care everyone.
Love it and thanks for always offering great insight. Added 25% to my position to get my cost basis below $20.

Definitely long, just making sure I'm not missing anything 😜 Thanks GB 

I suppose we knew a pullback was coming when blowout earnings by Apple and Amazon didn't budge their prices...but this week is no fun. 
The summer doldrums are hitting and expect a heavily sideways to downward trend in the market for a little while. 

This is why were were selling covered calls last week aggressively. 

No worries.....the effects of the global pandemic are hitting. Supply chains are really stressed, employment issues in travel and leisure as well as restaurants.....things will be bumpy for a little bit here. 

Just stay invested.....let your dividends compound.....keep plowing into your 401K’s and get back to normalcy.....I can’t wait to get back into my office sometime in June and my kid getting back to live in person high school again this fall. Lot’s of positives ahead. Life is good.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but while I respect Todem's opinion very much, no, this quarter wasn't fully expected, and no, he didn't "know" this was going to be a very soft quarter (at least not this soft).

Now, it's possible this is just a blip on the way to a 10 bagger, but we shouldn't sugar coat it- this quarter was awful, and it was way worse than expected. Stocks don't drop ~20% when they report expected results.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but while I respect Todem's opinion very much, no, this quarter wasn't fully expected, and no, he didn't "know" this was going to be a very soft quarter (at least not this soft).

Now, it's possible this is just a blip on the way to a 10 bagger, but we shouldn't sugar coat it- this quarter was awful, and it was way worse than expected. Stocks don't drop ~20% when they report expected results.
I'm guessing "know" isn't the correct word and he would agree with that.   His models, as many other analyst I've read, have shown a sideways move until 4Q.

I personally think this is a small hiccup and as more cities open up stocks move higher.   I disagree with stressed supply chains too.  Some still are stressed but the vast majority are not. 

***The markets have been a life long hobby of mine, I'm not a professional like Todem. 

Well, if you don’t mind, whoever stuck the red hot poker up my ### can take it out now. I don’t even own any BLDP.

I do have a nice amount of cash on the sidelines so might be worth a little nibble here and there to reduce some cost basis.

I'm guessing "know" isn't the correct word and he would agree with that.   His models, as many other analyst I've read, have shown a sideways move until 4Q.

I personally think this is a small hiccup and as more cities open up stocks move higher.   I disagree with stressed supply chains too.  Some still are stressed but the vast majority are not. 

***The markets have been a life long hobby of mine, I'm not a professional like Todem. 
Anecdotal to be sure, but every aspect of my business is affected by supply chain issues.  Shipping, materials, labor, you name it. Everything is restricted and I don't see it letting up until Spring 2022.  

Funny timing in that I just rotated out of a lot of vanguard stuff with intention to rotate into ishares stuff.  lately for just ease I just liquidate the entire 401k portfolio.  Good timing bois.  

Well that is news to me.  Because during the March pullback all the talk was "yeah it will be a rough month, but we expect 2021 to be a very good year from Apr onwards."

Obviously no one can see the future so no worries if people were wrong on that, but "a bad year was expected all along" only became the narrative very recently, and is complete opposite of the narrative before that.

The markets will be fine long term, really unfortunately timing for me though because I have a couple real estate deals about to close and I am going to have to pull a bunch of cash out likely at a very poor time.

I know it's political topic and all, but the gas trucker shortage could murder the recovery.  If people can't drive who can spend money?  Those 3-4 days in Dallas when the shortages hit it was like a preview to early Covid.  

I know it's political topic and all, but the gas trucker shortage could murder the recovery.  If people can't drive who can spend money?  Those 3-4 days in Dallas when the shortages hit it was like a preview to early Covid.  
Not political at all imo.

A big, big concern.

Good timing for some shopin'.  .April bills done and paid, surplus carried over to the brokerage account.  Got some cash to deploy.  

Count me in on the BLDP add.  Fantastic sale here.    

Well that is news to me.  Because during the March pullback all the talk was "yeah it will be a rough month, but we expect 2021 to be a very good year from Apr onwards."

Obviously no one can see the future so no worries if people were wrong on that, but "a bad year was expected all along" only became the narrative very recently, and is complete opposite of the narrative before that.

The markets will be fine long term, really unfortunately timing for me though because I have a couple real estate deals about to close and I am going to have to pull a bunch of cash out likely at a very poor time.
I still believe this to be the case.  Many of the other analysts I follow do too.  FWIW GB

They were warning about this for months.

And this will be a blip in the grand scheme of this company. Stocks like this will drop 20% as easily as they run up 100% as this did when I was talking about it.

And yes I expected a really soft quarter based on global conditions and China being really soft.....the sell off is always as exaggerated as the run ups in tech like this. So yeah 20% down is a tough pill.....and I think it is over done. Big time.

So yeah......I expected it. And I also expect the stock to turn around a lot in the future as quickly as it came down. Covid really hit this sector hard. So the comparisons to last year are simply bad. Apples and oranges. 

It might be a pet peeve of yours......but this is par for the course when investing in these kinds of stocks which I warned about over and over and over. 

I also understand your POV Humpback. So I get it. And I respect it.

I am on the call......fully expected. They had internally knew this. Again....the “street” may not like it today......but again this company historically performs well in the second half of the year. 

Their pipeline of Rail and Commercial Trucking.......HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Folks......I will only say it again.....this is a long term opportunity to be in Hydrogen Cell technology with a legitimate top notch company that is well managed. 

I love they have 1.2BB in cash reserves. A 600% increase from the same time last year. 

This will help fuel a lot more growth. 

Just trying to help folks here.....Master list is where you should have most of your money in....and this play is for your speculative bucket. 

I want everyone to also see what happened to Apple and Amazon. They reported insanely great quarters. Ridiculous actually. 

And.......? Nothing. Now imagine if they came in under expectations in this frothy market. 10-12% easy drop....easy, maybe more. 

This company came in a penny under expectations (6 cents loss vs 5 cents) and sells off 20%. Why? New technology, new frontier type technology and far smaller than the mega giant tech of AMZN and AAPL. 

I remember when AMZN was volatile as all hell......same with AAPL. 

These are the growing pains of disruptive technology stocks. So expect a lot of swings, new highs and then going back to 52 week lows before it is fully adopted and part of everyday life.

This is that kind of company.  And there is zero guarantees. I could be completely off base and wrong about it.

Hey I am not trying to sell you anything here. Just stating my opinion and thoughts. This is an anonymous message board. 

Love it and thanks for always offering great insight. Added 25% to my position to get my cost basis below $20.

Definitely long, just making sure I'm not missing anything 😜 Thanks GB 

Added 100 BLDP because.. Todem.

I am on the call......fully expected. They had internally knew this. Again....the “street” may not like it today......but again this company historically performs well in the second half of the year. 

Their pipeline of Rail and Commercial Trucking.......HUGE HUGE HUGE.

Folks......I will only say it again.....this is a long term opportunity to be in Hydrogen Cell technology with a legitimate top notch company that is well managed. 

I love they have 1.2BB in cash reserves. A 600% increase from the same time last year. 

This will help fuel a lot more growth. 

Just trying to help folks here.....Master list is where you should have most of your money in....and this play is for your speculative bucket. 
:goodposting:

Doubling up if it dips below $16

I don't know why everyone freaks out when buying opportunities come along.  

Also joined the BLDP bandwagon this morning.  Will add if it drops more from here.  I've been wanting to get into QS since Dec and am tempted here, but I think I will stay greedy/patient and wait for a bit more of a drop there.

This is a great call. Hydrogen Fuel Cells will dominate Ships, Trucking, Rail.....no question in their minds. Of course this is the CEO speaking but the vision is very clear for them and they are seeing orders accelerating in 2023 and beyond. I agree. Fuel Cells are the future.

Don’t be surprised to see this stock in the mid 30’s by year end with all the announcements that will happen over the course of this year.

Demand is starting to pent up as countries and companies are moving to zero carbon by 2030. 

This is the class of the fuel cell sector IMO. The IP they have is second to none in the space. And the management team is on point. 

Very happy with what I am hearing on this call. 

20% drop still sucks.....LOL no one likes that. But this is temporary. 

Call just ended. 

I am out......good luck to everyone as always. 

Buckle up for a rocky summer and heightened market volatility thru October. I expect the market to rally year end as the economy really ramps back as vaccination rates are expected to be much better by year end (that is the hope). 

I will pop in from time to time if I see opportunity as always. 

This is a great call. Hydrogen Fuel Cells will dominate Ships, Trucking, Rail.....no question in their minds. Of course this is the CEO speaking but the vision is very clear for them and they are seeing orders accelerating in 2023 and beyond. I agree. Fuel Cells are the future.

Don’t be surprised to see this stock in the mid 30’s by year end with all the announcements that will happen over the course of this year.

Demand is starting to pent up as countries and companies are moving to zero carbon by 2030. 

This is the class of the fuel cell sector IMO. The IP they have is second to none in the space. And the management team is on point. 

Very happy with what I am hearing on this call. 

20% drop still sucks.....LOL no one likes that. But this is temporary. 

Call just ended. 

I am out......good luck to everyone as always. 

Buckle up for a rocky summer and heightened market volatility thru October. I expect the market to rally year end as the economy really ramps back as vaccination rates are expected to be much better by year end (that is the hope). 

I will pop in from time to time if I see opportunity as always. 
I ain't selling and if I had more than $5.43 in cash, I'd be adding.  BLDP was never purchased on the basis of 'need it to be right right away' so let the weak hands deliver shares to strong and let's get some good old healthy consolidation through the warmer months.  :thumbup:

Guys, I think I caused this by buying QS yesterday. My bad. The account is down almost 3%, which is a real trick if you're 59% cash.

Do any DKNG holders in here think online sports betting might be quickly commoditized? Losing my conviction a little. Thinking about swapping this out for a value play in my quest for balance - @BassNBrewI actually exited Z last week for FDX as part of this but I still think it's good.

Been a long time since Ive seen a -4% day.  Sheesh
Hopefully not just the start of things like it was last time we had a day like this.

I need to pull a bunch of cash out near the end of this month so the timing could not be worse for that.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
Do any DKNG holders in here think online sports betting might be quickly commoditized? Losing my conviction a little. Thinking about swapping this out for a value play in my quest for balance - @BassNBrewI actually exited Z last week for FDX as part of this but I still think it's good.
I own it and we are just starting here.  If it does happen it will be 5+ years IMO. 

Users who are viewing this thread