What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (5 Viewers)

Bloodbath is right. I feel for the poster who just recently got into trading. But, like others, my account has been decimated lately and I'm running out of the cash (and the will) to keep buying on the way down.

Also, a key note was raised by desert_power which I have allowed to get away from me in my own account, which is correlation. Sure, I might own 20 names but if half of them move together, then I'm not as diversified as I think. And indeed, a bloodbath focused on one area (growth in this case) can do enormous damage. I've been trading for over a decade so still learning a lot, but it's never fun to get a lesson like this.
Yeah, all the financial advice and financial advisors that talk about diversified portfolios tend to know what they're talking about in this area. You may have been annoyed holding bonds or commodities or small cap value stocks the last year but they sure help right now. 

MuddyWaters tweeted negative on NNOX again, re-iterating scam.  Shouldn't the FDA clearance have quieted some of that talk down?

MuddyWaters tweeted negative on NNOX again, re-iterating scam.  Shouldn't the FDA clearance have quieted some of that talk down?
I don’t think it’s a scam, but I posted earlier I exited (for now) based on CEO overpromising. Muddy is just dunking on the delay announcement.

Tesla went off a cliff. 
A couple analysts out in very strong support of TSLA this morning. 

Wedbush: Clearly Musk & Co need to play nice in the sandbox with Beijing and smooth out the PR issues in the region which have been a black eye for Tesla over the last month and clearly impacted China sales negatively in the month of April which the Street will react with a sell-off in shares this morning.  We maintain our OUTPERFORM and $1000 price target.

I don’t think it’s a scam, but I posted earlier I exited (for now) based on CEO overpromising. Muddy is just dunking on the delay announcement.
I always thought the most expensive oversleep I'd have would be oversleeping when I have some important job interview or something.  Turns out it was sleeping in the morning after NNOX got FDA clearance.  It had gone to $75 and by the time I woke up it was back in the mid $40's and I decided screw it, guess I am a HODLER now.  And well, the rest is history.

Does ETHE know how to go down? I'm +130% on the month.

Seriously considering trimming position... REALLY feels like we should be hitting some resistance sometime here It's now my largest holding. :unsure:  

Last edited by a moderator:
I always thought the most expensive oversleep I'd have would be oversleeping when I have some important job interview or something.  Turns out it was sleeping in the morning after NNOX got FDA clearance.  It had gone to $75 and by the time I woke up it was back in the mid $40's and I decided screw it, guess I am a HODLER now.  And well, the rest is history.
I sold out of it for a nice (a couple racks) gain when it was around $38-39. It was a small short term investment like some of the SPACs and I was pissed at myself when it rolled back up that high, but just like RIDE and LAZR, very glad I made money on them. Seems like the good decisions went out the window the past two months, so I can fondly remember these.

Guys one of my stonks is green today!  I was starting to forget what this feels like (still down huge on the day).
Well holy #### Batman, I’m overall green today. I guess I should have gone shopping premarket but there’s still 3 more days this week.

Does ETHE know how to go down? I'm +130% on the month.

Seriously considering trimming position... REALLY feels like we should be hitting some resistance sometime here It's now my largest holding. :unsure:  
There might be some pullback but I bought this morning and plan to buy more this week. 

It depends on if you are just trading or going long term. I read something about one of the cruise lines recently and it basically said that you could just look at prices and think they were good plays but that the dilution and debt they added made them way more expensive than just the price. I can’t recall the exact numbers but kind of like AMC, people investing aren’t realizing that you aren’t really investing in the same company anymore. Kind of like paying $50 for a share of a company that now has 3 times the debt load hence way less actual earnings even if they get to the same revenue.

Anyway, it was really interesting so if you are going long just check under the hood.

I don’t think this is the article because it is from back in December but it has some numbers on dilution and debt:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/12/07/3-reasons-cruise-line-stocks-arent-hitting-all-tim/

Dilution from 15-30% and debt up 60-100%. So likely much lower earnings per share and the other article basically calculated it out such that the current price even way off from the high was already more pricey than pre-pandemic. Again, still could be trade-able because momentum seems to be way more important today than actual revenue and earnings.
Boy you aren't just whistling Dixie....these stocks are atrocious.  Still, I am intrigued by a return to cruising so I looked around a bit and found one that actually looks enticing - not the stock itself, but the adventures they offer.  Lindblad Expeditions Holdings, Inc. (LIND).  Again, the stock is drowning in debt and I wouldn't put BassNBuyBuyBuy's MIL in this thing, but I'm intrigued enough to put on a starter position.  They are going to start operating again in June and I gotta admit - these look kickassssss.

NEW YORK, March 30, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Lindblad Expeditions, the global provider of small ship expeditions cruises and adventure travel experiences, has announced that they plan to resume operations for the 2021 season in Alaska and Galápagos in June.  In keeping with Lindblad's focus on exploring remote places, they will return to nature in the pristine wildness of these two iconic destinations.   

In making the announcement, Sven Lindblad, CEO of Lindblad Expeditions, reflected on the experiences of the past year, its impact on many, and how "we have always turned to nature, in times of collective stress and trauma, for the restoration of our spirits, believing in what Thoreau called the healing "tonic of wildness."

"Our internal team has spent the last year examining every single aspect of our operation to be prepared to operate in the 'new normal.' Led by our resident medical expert, Dr. David Lorber, we have enlisted the assistance of many health and safety experts and met with authorities in the regions we intend to explore to ensure we are welcome and meet or exceed their expectations. We will also require that all guests 16 years of age and over be vaccinated prior to travelling onboard," he stated.

A complete list of health and safety protocols are listed here.  Key components include: two negative COVID-19 tests, daily guest temperature checks, and thorough sanitation protocols.  From start to finish, guests will travel exclusively with their expedition community, all equally tested.

In resuming travel to Alaska, Lindblad intends to head deep into the wide-open spaces, into the far reaches of her straits and waterways—to where bears, glaciers, eagles and whales will be guests' only 'companions.' They will begin the season with 6 and 8-day itineraries aboard their 100-guest sister ships National Geographic Quest and National Geographic Venture, with the first departures June 5th and June 6th.

Similarly, guests will explore the remoteness of the Galápagos archipelago to visit volcanic isles inhabited by some of the most charismatic wildlife on earth on a 10-day itinerary set aboard the 96-guest National Geographic Endeavour ll. The first Galápagos departure is set for June 4th.

Guests will return to an exhilarating expedition experience they have come to know and love. They will search for wildlife, revel in the wonders of the natural world, and explore the legendary Alaska and Galápagos archipelago landscapes under the guidance of our amazing expedition team.

Started a position in STAG. Monthly paying REIT just under 4%. Tenants are warehouses and manufacturers, plus a bunch of distribution centers including a few for Amazon. Need more income, going with this in my ROTH.

PATH and my plethora of SPACs at NAV are about the only things I don't regret buying so far this year. Turns out keeping the vast majority of my rental proceeds in cash was the winning move despite having us in about 20% cash since late Feb.

I just remind myself that this is why I have some cash on the sidelines. Not much, and I probably won't buy anything today. But some.

Also why I keep my wife's IRA in a somewhat conservative allocation. She's still down on the day but not as much as my IRA. College accounts are only down like 0.4% so that's good.

Started a position in STAG. Monthly paying REIT just under 4%. Tenants are warehouses and manufacturers, plus a bunch of distribution centers including a few for Amazon. Need more income, going with this in my ROTH.
Just asking, why the need for income in your IRA? Are you using it already or as a hedge?

Just asking, why the need for income in your IRA? Are you using it already or as a hedge?
A large portion of my retirement is in the ROTH so really it’s a Balance/Hedge. I guess saying I needed income wasn’t really the correct phrasing. STAG is also only an $8 mil cap so there’s also a little growth potential there with their e-commerce adjacent properties.

Boy you aren't just whistling Dixie....these stocks are atrocious.  Still, I am intrigued by a return to cruising so I looked around a bit and found one that actually looks enticing - not the stock itself, but the adventures they offer.  Lindblad Expeditions Holdings, Inc. (LIND).  Again, the stock is drowning in debt and I wouldn't put BassNBuyBuyBuy's MIL in this thing, but I'm intrigued enough to put on a starter position.  They are going to start operating again in June and I gotta admit - these look kickassssss.
Nothing of note to add here other than a long ways back I interviewed with this company. They also do amazing trips to Antarctica for like 20k per person.  Pretty much my dream vacation, though for some odd reason the wife does not share my enthusiasm for traveling to the coldest place on earth with the hope of gazing at penguins, whales & leopard seals for hours on end.

McBokonon said:
I have Schwab, TDA, and Fidelity and other than the interfaces there’s no real difference outside of a few features. Fidelity gives me access to international exchanges and more IPO’s, I prefer TD’s platforms over all three but they’re merging with Schwab so I’m not sure what they’ll go with in the end. I hate Schwab’s platform but it’s a fine brokerage.
@top dog I just remembered one thing - Fractional shares. TDA doesn’t do them at all except when you reinvest dividends, Schwab does them but I think it’s limited to S&P 500 stocks or something, and Fidelity seems to allow fractional shares for almost everything (outside of OTC, foreign, etc)

foxco said:
Nothing of note to add here other than a long ways back I interviewed with this company. They also do amazing trips to Antarctica for like 20k per person.  Pretty much my dream vacation, though for some odd reason the wife does not share my enthusiasm for traveling to the coldest place on earth with the hope of gazing at penguins, whales & leopard seals for hours on end.
I'll go with you!  

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.  I sold a bunch of stuff , mostly SPAQs, on 3/1 because I needed to move to cash for a down payment on a home.  

SOLO  -47% since

ENVIU -6%

SPAQ.U -6%

IPOF -28%

FIVU -6%

DHHCU -5%

top dog said:
What are the benefits over using one service over the other? Preference? Doing a quick google it doesn't look like there is much difference between fees that I see between Robinhood, E-Trade and Fidelity. Unless I'm just completely missing something.
Merrill Lynch > Fidelity > TD Ameritrade for me.  Except TD Ameritrade has that nifty Think or Swim deal, if you use that I'd move it to the top of the list but their regular website sucks.  

Merrill Lynch > Fidelity > TD Ameritrade for me.  Except TD Ameritrade has that nifty Think or Swim deal, if you use that I'd move it to the top of the list but their regular website sucks.  
You can use TOS by opening an account, but you do not have to deposit any funds.  So you can have that and another brokerage for trades.

foxco said:
I love nature and that sounds great if there were some sort of Star Trek transport/beam device.  If I were to try travel there I would probably slip, fall and be devoured by penguins.  So until that then I'll find a zoo. Preferably one that serves booze. 

Wow...that IPOE / SOFI recent announcement really bounced like a dead cat.  :rolleyes:

I love nature and that sounds great if there were some sort of Star Trek transport/beam device.  If I were to try travel there I would probably slip, fall and be devoured by penguins.  So until that then I'll find a zoo. Preferably one that serves booze. 
:lmao:

The zoo here does something around the holidays called Zoo Lights (original, eh?) and my wife wanted to go and take the kids pre-Covid.  Being Ebeneezer Malaise, I was like "Lady, look....it's 38 degrees outside, I've got a large bet on a football game that kicks off in 20 minutes and I have half a sandwich leftover from yesterday that's been calling my name all day long, so hard pass".  

Her:  "They sell beer".

Me:  "I'll be in the car".

Users who are viewing this thread