What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Yeah, but the possible environmental impact was a known issue when he got in. My guess is the real reason is something that’s giving his lawyer heartburn and the SEC some paperwork to do.
Yeah. I think that is just as likely if not more. He has certainly done a few things that should raise eyebrows at the SEC

So, reading this article on NNOX about the big drop yesterday and saw some CYDY type things. Not saying they are lying about this but a few things I didn’t realize or seem suspect:

1. The FDA clearance given wasn’t even for the model/system that they want to commercialize.

2. They won’t ship the Q1 2022 1,000 devices but plan to do that by the end of 2022.

3. They blamed a supplier in the article but then mention that they are making progress (not done) transferring chip tech to a Korean supplier. Well, how can they be having supply issues when a crucial piece of the process isn’t even ready for manufacturing. Same with the FDA clearance on the system they actually want to sell.

4. The best nugget is that they haven’t even filed the 510(k) premarket notification to get FDA clearance. I’ll be honest that I don’t know the difference between this and the existing clearance they have on the single source system (not the one they want to commercialize). I read up on this clearance and the average timeframe is 6 months. The article mentions that they plan to file it in 2021. So, basically while they are blaming a specific supplier, they won’t have the clearance they need until the end of 2021 at the earliest and mid to late 2022 at the latest.

Just feels a little fishy to me in that they seemed to be all set ready to roll and now it seems like there’s still a bunch of hurdles before they can even start building what they promised 1,000 of in Q1 2022.

Anyway, was just reading it through and it just seemed off.

So, reading this article on NNOX about the big drop yesterday and saw some CYDY type things. Not saying they are lying about this but a few things I didn’t realize or seem suspect:

1. The FDA clearance given wasn’t even for the model/system that they want to commercialize.

2. They won’t ship the Q1 2022 1,000 devices but plan to do that by the end of 2022.

3. They blamed a supplier in the article but then mention that they are making progress (not done) transferring chip tech to a Korean supplier. Well, how can they be having supply issues when a crucial piece of the process isn’t even ready for manufacturing. Same with the FDA clearance on the system they actually want to sell.

4. The best nugget is that they haven’t even filed the 510(k) premarket notification to get FDA clearance. I’ll be honest that I don’t know the difference between this and the existing clearance they have on the single source system (not the one they want to commercialize). I read up on this clearance and the average timeframe is 6 months. The article mentions that they plan to file it in 2021. So, basically while they are blaming a specific supplier, they won’t have the clearance they need until the end of 2021 at the earliest and mid to late 2022 at the latest.

Just feels a little fishy to me in that they seemed to be all set ready to roll and now it seems like there’s still a bunch of hurdles before they can even start building what they promised 1,000 of in Q1 2022.

Anyway, was just reading it through and it just seemed off.
1. This was known and they have clearly explained this two step process since the beginning. 

2 and 3. This is what caused me to sell, at least for the time being. They mentioned that the third party manufacturer of the tubes that is the reason for the delay was due to COVID, but they never mentioned this before and they previously made the tube manufacturing seem like no big deal. This doesn’t have anything to do with the chip tech, though. The first clearance was enough for other partners to incorporate the chip tech into their own products. The tube thing is only impacting their own commercial X-Ray manufacturing.

4. Same as 1. It’s been clear they were going through this two step process. The first was to get the basic tech through which also helps with their partnerships, and the second is the multisource clearance for their own machines. They can also manufacture before getting cleared.

Sorry for blank post above. Phone all jammed up for some reason.

So who’s ready to lose thousands more today? Yippee!

(Trying to reverse jinx)

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Sorry for blank post above. Phone all jammed up for some reason.

So who’s ready to lose thousands more today? Yippee!

(Trying to reverse jinx)
I have ABNB, DIS, and GDRX reporting after the close. I expect all 3 to crush numbers and for GDRX to explain yet again to people that Amazon is more a partner than a competitor in a clear, understandable way - and then for all three to plummet 15%. This is the way.

You need to change your settings to electronic documents only.  
It is. I just went to proxy vote.com got redirected to Fidelity and then saw everything set as e-delivery. I’ve had it that way for awhile. It does mention that sometimes things have to be sent so who knows. I know I own a #### ton of stocks so  maybe some get sent regardless.

Believe me, I keep checking to see if I’m missing anything, all set to email only, but it doesn’t seem to matter. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This was such a timely post.......... up 17% today. Your post made me take a look and scoop some up cause' why not? 

Mucho Gracias
I'm looking to play the other side.  Looking at the chart in a simplistic way, I think 14 will be a good place to start shorts/puts and then more shorts at 18-19.

I have ABNB, DIS, and GDRX reporting after the close. I expect all 3 to crush numbers and for GDRX to explain yet again to people that Amazon is more a partner than a competitor in a clear, understandable way - and then for all three to plummet 15%. This is the way.
I was considering adding to ABNB. Since they have earnings today, went ahead and started adding. My tech portfolio right now.

I could see it getting up to its old high 19-20, but at that point the market cap will be near 10b and I think the financial and fundamental future for AMC is bleak.  I would be comfortable shorting at 20, as long as I had enough cash on the side to ride it to 50-60.  Diamond Hands can hold it in the 5-10 range, anything above 10 is unstable ground.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I could see it getting up to its old high 19-20, but at that point the market cap will be near 10b and I think the financial and fundamental future for AMC is bleak.  I would be comfortable shorting at 20, as long as I had enough cash on the side to ride it to 50-60.  Diamond Hands can hold it in the 5-10 range, anything above 10 is unstable ground.
:eek:

You gotta plan for the extreme, especially in today's trading environment.  I think it would be crazy to see it at $50-60 but if I shorted 10k, I'd rather risk 30k than accept a loss of 10-20k.  It will drop in the end and when you are short, you can sell puts to offset the short interest.  I have been doing this with BLNK.

It is. I just went to proxy vote.com got redirected to Fidelity and then saw everything set as e-delivery. I’ve had it that way for awhile. It does mention that sometimes things have to be sent so who knows. I know I own a #### ton of stocks so  maybe some get sent regardless.

Believe me, I keep checking to see if I’m missing anything, all set to email only, but it doesn’t seem to matter. 
I was on the phone with them to split a Unit into commons and warrants, and I asked the guy to check and see if there was anywhere I was missing a setting to send electronic vs paper because I've looked multiple times due to this. He said I was all set and if I was receiving paper for anything it was because they had to.

The ones that come are all stocks I own in my Brokeragelink account. I never get them for my brokerage acct. Did a law/rule/reg for retirement accounts change somewhere and we missed it? Because I never used to get these.

Brokers still rip us off on options in a variety of ways.  I dislike needing to call them in order to exercise call options.  This allows brokers to retain too much control over prices and execution.  And when calls become somewhat green, they usually sell for slightly less than their intrinsic value.  RGR reached 74.29 yet my 70s didn't come close to executing at 4.50.   It will probably take a share price of 74.65 to execute, but if the shares are exercised today they have the added benefit of collecting a 1% dividend.  

You gotta plan for the extreme, especially in today's trading environment.  I think it would be crazy to see it at $50-60 but if I shorted 10k, I'd rather risk 30k than accept a loss of 10-20k.  It will drop in the end and when you are short, you can sell puts to offset the short interest.  I have been doing this with BLNK.
Apparently it is so easy, even a Caveman can do it..

I'll show myself out now

Hopping into RIOT
I'm holding and DCA'd a little, but still down 43%.  Going to ride it out until earnings, 5/17.  If they miss, I'm fully prepared to to see this one go to the teens.  If they hit on earnings and it jumps, I'm GTFO!!! 

Who am I kidding.  We may see teens before earnings.  Single digits if it misses.  

I'm holding and DCA'd a little, but still down 43%.  Going to ride it out until earnings, 5/17.  If they miss, I'm fully prepared to to see this one go to the teens.  If they hit on earnings and it jumps, I'm GTFO!!! 

Who am I kidding.  We may see teens before earnings.  Single digits if it misses.  
I doubt earnings move the needle much either way. This is all about BTC. It needs to build upward momentum again.

I doubt earnings move the needle much either way. This is all about BTC. It needs to build upward momentum again.
It should be all about BTC but the patterns aren't following each other.  Has more of a 3x leveraged ETF feel.  BTC has had it's rise and falls over the past month, fluctuating between 48k-58k ish...  And is kind of about where it was 4 weeks ago.  RIOT has only trended down.  Almost half what it was 4 weeks ago.    

It should be all about BTC but the patterns aren't following each other.  Has more of a 3x leveraged ETF feel.  BTC has had it's rise and falls over the past month, fluctuating between 48k-58k ish...  And is kind of about where it was 4 weeks ago.  RIOT has only trended down.  Almost half what it was 4 weeks ago.    
Yeah, I really don't understand RIOT and MARA. I bought in the low 50s a few weeks back. Yikes.

At this point, I won't add more but will probably hang on for a long time.

We open red again tomorrow, much agony will follow, woeful posts in here but by the time the east coast crowd starts eating Ramen for lunch because 3-Martini lunches are no longer in the budget, stocks will reverse course and finish green.  Friday will be a bigly up day and we'll all go into the weekend feeling like Judge Smails.  
Whooops.  Had it reversed.  FML.

The mining stocks also went up way faster than BTC. I can’t recall which one owns a lot of BTC but either RIOT or MARA was like paying a huge multiple on the BTC it owned and was going to mine. With prices so high, so much more competition is happening. I’m not a big fan of mining stocks when I dove into the details versus just owning BTC. Again just my opinion.

Bought some MUDS Oct $10s for $3.30.

I'm almost out of dry powder, which was bugging me. I had exactly $3300 in my brokerage acct, so instead of freeing up cash, I parked the rest of it. lol

Solid investing philosophy!

I helped rescue some baby ducks out of a storm drain this morning.  Momma duck was in distress when I drove by, figured her little babies fell through the grates so I called the cops and we got them out safely.  Figured that sort of good karma would fuel a nice green day for me.  

Eat a giant bag of dildos, karma. :hot:

I helped rescue some baby ducks out of a storm drain this morning.  Momma duck was in distress when I drove by, figured her little babies fell through the grates so I called the cops and we got them out safely.  Figured that sort of good karma would fuel a nice green day for me.  

Eat a giant bag of dildos, karma. :hot:
Pretty sure Karma is in my daughter's class. Effin millennials.

Users who are viewing this thread