What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (10 Viewers)

Hindenburg out with a short report on Draftkings. I haven’t read the report yet but this could be a buying opportunity if it seems flimsy. Down 7% premarket.

Apparently Hindenburg has surmised that nefarious people sometimes get involved in gambling.

I sold my $DKNG a while ago but I might trade it based on this. I have to say, though, that these guys at least seem to get a short report correct every now and then so I’ll at least read it. If this was Citron I’d already be buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently Hindenburg has surmised that nefarious people sometimes get involved in gambling.

I sold my $DKNG a while ago but I might trade it based on this. I have to say, though, that these guys at least seem to get a short report correct every now and then so I’ll at least read it. If this was Citron I’d already be buying.
No statement from Draftkings yet but I'm not selling.  Agree that gambling has never been a squeaky clean business.  As long as Draftkings continues to have their partnerships in place and as long as U.S states continue to legalize sports betting, its going to be fine.

McBokonon said:

Dwayne Hoover said:
No statement from Draftkings yet but I'm not selling.  Agree that gambling has never been a squeaky clean business.  As long as Draftkings continues to have their partnerships in place and as long as U.S states continue to legalize sports betting, its going to be fine.
While I believe in the opportunity the one thing that has held me back on DKNG sniffing 1% of my portfolio is the history of this company and some of the past scandals.  I also have a concern that the Vegas groups will snuff these guys out via gov't interference.

While I believe in the opportunity the one thing that has held me back on DKNG sniffing 1% of my portfolio is the history of this company and some of the past scandals.  I also have a concern that the Vegas groups will snuff these guys out via gov't interference.
I sold because I fear that while it might be the leader in a growing industry, gambling apps will be a commodity, by and large. Could be wrong, of course. That said there might be a short term trade here.

Dumped my DK since my basis was mid $30's.  Only had 80 shares and will look to buy back in if/when it dips below $40.  With the amount of branding they are doing with the NFL, MMA etc...can't turn on a sports channel without seeing their ads/images plastered everywhere I believe in them long term.  

I read through a little bit of this.  Seemed a bit flimsy and at times a bit of a reach, but DKNG needs to respond and hopefully they can provide answers to some of the accusatory questions.  Gambling stocks have ties to bad actors?  I'm verklempt with surprise.   :rolleyes:
The most offensive thing in there is that someone thinks Gisele Bundchen is qualified to advise on governance issues.

Dumped my DK since my basis was mid $30's.  Only had 80 shares and will look to buy back in if/when it dips below $40.  With the amount of branding they are doing with the NFL, MMA etc...can't turn on a sports channel without seeing their ads/images plastered everywhere I believe in them long term.  
I mean.....they really are positioned to be the kings here, no pun intended.  Imagine the DKNG coffers if Brooklyn and LA meet up in the finals?  

So what do you think a stupid number is?

Best guess...
Best guess...  I think this goes to $15 by end of week, but... if it goes to say $25 I will consider it as I think that’s probably double what the dividend will be. But if it goes $40-50( I know it’s doubtful) im Out dividend be damned. But even if I hold I feel really great about being on the ground floor in a company that could be huge 5 years from now. So it’s win win for me.

Edit to add- I am Still new to all this and my no means an expert. This is just my thoughts from the research I’ve been doing. 

FYI, if you are holding DNMR warrants you have about an hour left to exercise them. Apparently they moved the date up big time last month. Merrill called about it today.

Best guess...  I think this goes to $15 by end of week, but... if it goes to say $25 I will consider it as I think that’s probably double what the dividend will be. But if it goes $40-50( I know it’s doubtful) im Out dividend be damned. But even if I hold I feel really great about being on the ground floor in a company that could be huge 5 years from now. So it’s win win for me.

Edit to add- I am Still new to all this and my no means an expert. This is just my thoughts from the research I’ve been doing. 
You think the dividend will be $12 a share?

Our old friend $OPES ($BFI now) is joining the Russell Microcap index. This is one of the first SPACs we all played. Anyway, been keeping an eye on them since the price hasn’t moved much, but they keep winning awards, Martha Stewart is on the board, etc. Want to watch and see if we have another potential Shake Shack.

Our old friend $OPES ($BFI now) is joining the Russell Microcap index. This is one of the first SPACs we all played. Anyway, been keeping an eye on them since the price hasn’t moved much, but they keep winning awards, Martha Stewart is on the board, etc. Want to watch and see if we have another potential Shake Shack.
Blast from the past. I didn’t have a lot of faith in it so I sold it probably around $12 for a tiny loss/profit or break even and just reinvested. Glad I kept TTCF out of the two of them. The price really has gone nowhere since pre-announcement.

Have they had earnings calls go well or badly? I haven’t watched them at all.

I’ll be honest though that I prefer Five Guys to Shake Shack. Both are too expensive, even in NC, but at least Five Guys fills me up. Those Shake Shack burgers are White Castle slider size.

Blast from the past. I didn’t have a lot of faith in it so I sold it probably around $12 for a tiny loss/profit or break even and just reinvested. Glad I kept TTCF out of the two of them. The price really has gone nowhere since pre-announcement.

I’ll be honest though that I prefer Five Guys to Shake Shack. Both are too expensive, even in NC, but at least Five Guys fills me up. Those Shake Shack burgers are White Castle slider size.
Five Guys is the greasiest and bestest.

Disclaimer:  Never had Shake Shack, but once upon a time owned some of their stock.

Earnings have been ok, revenue grew >30% but I didn’t dig beyond that. I want to see how they’re doing when things are normal.

We have one here, never been. I’ll give them a try at some point. Never had Shake Shack. Five Guys is ok but honestly I just grill my own whenever we want burgers because they’re easy and delicious.

Also in $UPST news: NAFCU Services Announces Upstart as a Preferred Partner for their AI Lending Platform for Credit Unions

This is pretty big, I think. Still pulling back. I’m adding a little more today per my plan to add a little each day this week.
Added some at $116.  Also added back the HGEN shares I sold at $22 and the Corsair I sold at $40.  Added a couple of RBLX shares on the 10% discount.  Considering ditching a share or two of Amazon to free up some cash.

And again.

Sorry guys, but I just hopped in so you should probably sell today and buy back in a couple of days.
I don’t get this one. I have a feeling it’s better to own now than before this dividend is announced. The speculation on the amount is incredible and way more than the original company was worth.

Also in $UPST news: NAFCU Services Announces Upstart as a Preferred Partner for their AI Lending Platform for Credit Unions

This is pretty big, I think. Still pulling back. I’m adding a little more today per my plan to add a little each day this week.
My limit buy didn’t hit so I might suck it up and buy a little higher. I’m adding this week as well.

IMHO, I’m good with anything from 100-120. Anything under 100 is a massive push but I think we’ll have a hard time getting there unless there is an overall market drop. 

I think I'm going to dump MUDS (at a 26+% loss).

Talk me out of it?
Plenty I like better short term, but I bought it in my Roth as part of the don't look at for 10+ years.  I still think their trading apps could really take off.  Some people go f'n nuts over these digital cards and paying lots of $ to complete the sets.  

Can’t believe I’m up 5% on APP. Got 100 shares from Fidelity pre-IPO and it took a dump day 1 and lost 25% right away and down 40% at the lowest. Glad I hung on because it ran up very fast. No idea how good it is for the future, but the last earnings report was way better than I expected and made me not sell it yet. It’s nice to at least not be down making the sell and reinvest decision.

MUDS and VACQ are both making me sad. Two SPAC deals I really liked but each down nearly 20%. 
I got in on MUDS at this price and it's one of my smaller holdings so not a huge investment for me and easier to swallow the drop.  I am really anxious for this merger with Topps to go through and see those earnings reports.  It is a buy and forget, but if those first earnings are bad I could change my mind.   

Can’t believe I’m up 5% on APP. Got 100 shares from Fidelity pre-IPO and it took a dump day 1 and lost 25% right away and down 40% at the lowest. Glad I hung on because it ran up very fast. No idea how good it is for the future, but the last earnings report was way better than I expected and made me not sell it yet. It’s nice to at least not be down making the sell and reinvest decision.
I got 100 shares as well and held as it initially tanked.  IPO was at $80 I think so when it got back to $76 I sold.  Congrats on sticking it out!

Well damn, somehow my $115 limit order on UPST hit during that little dip. The Yahoo chart doesn’t show it getting close but I’ll take it. 

I got 100 shares as well and held as it initially tanked.  IPO was at $80 I think so when it got back to $76 I sold.  Congrats on sticking it out!
Unfortunately, it seems like I only ever got shares in IPOs that wouldn’t pop so I don’t even bother participating. The SNOWs out there don’t trickle down to us.

I think I’m holding a bit longer. Seems like it’s growing a ton, might sell other things.

Users who are viewing this thread