Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Stock Thread

Ill go on record that my GME ride was an excellent learning experience.  So much I would do different next time.  That said, here are my results:

Risked ~10% of my day trade portfolio and netted ~4% 🚀🌕

Ill do better next time!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, beef said:

Adding more BNKU in this under 48 range.  Will sell it at 60.  Love these swings.  

NRGU on a big drop today too.  Haven't added any yet but watching it closely.

Both, again...  Bought more BNKU @ 44.  

50 minutes ago, JAA said:

~20%

Man, everything in that arena has been awesome lately. Never bought DOCU because I’m a dummy. I recall it being in the 60s, but everything was cheap back in 2019/early 2020 days, like shooting fish in a barrel. Seems like people are coming back around to the fact that they continue to spit out great numbers and aren’t just going away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Man, everything in that arena has been awesome lately. Never bought DOCU because I’m a dummy. I recall it being in the 60s, but everything was cheap back in 2019/early 2020 days, like shooting fish in a barrel. Seems like people are coming back around to the fact that they continue to spit out great numbers and aren’t just going away.

Might be a little overbought here. This will be a tough price to sustain until next earnings cycle, I think.

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Might be a little overbought here. This will be a tough price to sustain until next earnings cycle, I think.

Agreed. I thought about it when it dipped under $200 a few weeks ago but honestly wanted to keep my cash not crazy low. I’ve got a lot of similar stuff. I’ve just been pecking at stuff, mainly UPST.

22 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Days like this are brutal - giving back everything you made in the last month + in a matter of hours.  Demoralizing.  

And yet, I'm of a mind that tomorrow morning, I'll be bright green and will recover many of these losses because Fridays have been routinely positive of late and most of the names that are killing me are damn good companies.  

shut up, dummy.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Please ping us when you see it as a buy again.  I took my profits today.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

SELL SELL SELL!!

:coffee:

On 3/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, Pigskin Fanatic said:

whomever mentioned sub-penny $HVCW as a what-the-flex buy couple of weeks ago, just doubled this morning from when it was mentioned on zero news or mention anywhere. thank you much.

:bowtie:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KGB said:

What are you hoping to get out of it?  30?  31?

not trying to come across as a jerk, just wondering...

I hope it trades between $29 and $31 until the end of time. I’ll collect 7% dividends, thank you very much. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Anyone have any DOW stock recommendations?  I'm struggling to find anything to buy.

$CRM maybe? Might need to wait for the Slack acquisition is complete before it does anything but it’s due for a decent leg up at some point. 

22 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

$CRM maybe? Might need to wait for the Slack acquisition is complete before it does anything but it’s due for a decent leg up at some point. 

Work 3.4% of my portfolio, CRM 3.8% of my portfolio.  

But thank you...prompted me to look at The conversion and the arbitrage had closed to 2% so I just sold all my WORK.

5 hours ago, Runkle said:

This is an interesting idea. I am curious if there are any agricultural REITs which might also match this space and be easier to invest in (and trade more liquidly).

Some info on farm REITS:

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/091615/how-invest-farming-without-owning-farm.asp#farm-reits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Fed Isn’t Printing As Much Money As You Think

Interesting read. The summary discusses this scary chart that I mainly see crypto hawks and “conservatives” who suddenly started caring about inflation again in November share all over social media.

Basically, a large part of that sudden upward move was when the Fed removed the six withdrawal limit on savings accounts when Covid hit. Savings accounts are measured using M2 while checking and other accounts are measured with M1 (which this graphic shows.) When the six withdrawal limit was removed, savings accounts suddenly became “checking” accounts and were then measured using M1, which is part of that illustrated explosion upwards.

tl;dr stonks go up.

7 hours ago, McBokonon said:

The Fed Isn’t Printing As Much Money As You Think

Interesting read. The summary discusses this scary chart that I mainly see crypto hawks and “conservatives” who suddenly started caring about inflation again in November share all over social media.

Basically, a large part of that sudden upward move was when the Fed removed the six withdrawal limit on savings accounts when Covid hit. Savings accounts are measured using M2 while checking and other accounts are measured with M1 (which this graphic shows.) When the six withdrawal limit was removed, savings accounts suddenly became “checking” accounts and were then measured using M1, which is part of that illustrated explosion upwards.

tl;dr stonks go up.

And, even then, it doesn't mean much of anything to increase the money supply when velocity is falling so fast.

46 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Not yet. But I think it's a reasonable option in this space. 

I’ve got a starter position of 150 shares so far. I like that they got funding for more expansion and it’s definitely agricultural.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

TRCH   🚀

Thanks to whomever posted that. 

:popcorn:

I’m eager for 6/25 to see what the dividend is. All kinds of numbers being thrown around.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

:popcorn:

I’m eager for 6/25 to see what the dividend is. All kinds of numbers being thrown around.

I am seeing everything from a dollar to 20 dollars. 

• Like 1

TRCH news (separates the dividend from the merger by a few extra days): 

Torchlight Energy Resources, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRCH), an oil and gas exploration company ('Torchlight'), today announced that Torchlight and Metamaterial Inc. ('Metamaterial') have agreed to extend the outside date by which Torchlight and Metamaterial must close their business combination transaction (the "Arrangement") to June 30, 2021. The extension provides time for the June 24, 2021 record date and the June 25th payment date of the special Series A Preferred Stock dividend, declared on June 14, 2021, to transpire.

8 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am seeing everything from a dollar to 20 dollars. 

Based on this article, it seems like the folks that sell on this run up are likely to be way happier than the people who held for the dividend. It looks like it’ll be a fun watch. It is amazing to me people thinking $20 when this company before the merger was worth 1/100th of that. It’s also interesting that the 25% of the new company is worth more than the 75% of the new company. This is just another of the zany game of hot potato stock market. I am 100% on board in watching this show.

Edited by stbugs

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Based on this article, it seems like the folks that sell on this run up are likely to be way happier than the people who held for the dividend. It looks like it’ll be a fun watch. It is amazing to me people thinking $20 when this company before the merger was worth 1/100th of that. It’s also interesting that the 25% of the new company is worth more than the 75% of the new company. This is just another of the zany game of hot potato stock market. I am 100% on board in watching this show.

Yeah this feels kind of fake right now, but the ride up will be fun. I am still planning an exit. If this gets crazy I am going to have to sell before the 25th. I don't want to though. 

1 minute ago, msudaisy26 said:

Yeah this feels kind of fake right now, but the ride up will be fun. I am still planning an exit. If this gets crazy I am going to have to sell before the 25th. I don't want to though. 

I would highly recommend selling before the news. This absolutely feels like the normal buy the rumor, sell the news cycle. I can’t imagine that there’s anyway that the dividend is high enough to make the current price per-market or wherever it ends up worth paying. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1