What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (25 Viewers)

So this PR comes out which to me looks like great news and the stock immediately drops 10%?  What gives?
Did the PR statement say anything new? Seemed pretty basic.

I’m assuming the stock will hang around this level for a while until some new results come out like the one that took it from 1 to around 1.50.

Last edited by a moderator:
So this PR comes out which to me looks like great news and the stock immediately drops 10%?  What gives?
Did the PR statement say anything new? Seemed pretty basic.

I’m assuming the stock will hang around this level for a while until some new results come out like the one that took it from 1 to around 1.50.
To be clear I’m not worried about the swing in price, it’s been doing that a lot.  I’m just wondering if I missed something or misread the PR.  It seems like good news to me yet the market reacted differently.   🤷‍♂️

To be clear I’m not worried about the swing in price, it’s been doing that a lot.  I’m just wonder if I missed something or misread the PR.  It seems like good news to me yet the market reacted differently.   🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I think it’s good news but probably not enough info over the last PR.

The stock has more than quintupled in 6-7 weeks.  You can't expect volatility to only go one way.  My advice to you is to use weakness to add and if you're not buying, then ignore the short term noise.

So if I don't buy this CYDY, is it gonna be like when I didn't take advantage of the free :mansion: deal like 15 years ago?

Looks like a delay in filing the BLA until the end of the month. Some more time to accumulate as it will probably drift lower on no news until then.

Professional shorters, like Muddy Waters and their piece on Luckin. Right or wrong, they're doing it specifically with the goal of driving down the price to make money on their short. 
Yep.

That doesn't mean @chet isn't taking the whole FFA on a massive Pump and Dump to make his second Billion. ;)  

I'm just bummed I didn't get in on the ground floor when Chet first told us about this.  I only got a 50% gain, not 500% .

Have to admit I was a little bit bummed to see the stock price down today, but it was pretty impressive seeing the volume at 8.8M!  Wonder if people are testing other investors stop losses to acquire more shares. Or short sellers or both.

Got to listen to the conference call and was hoping for some earth shattering news.  They did announce they signed (or are going to sign) a non binding agreement with a Chinese big Pharma company for Corona and cancer.  Thought that was very positive.

the thing I liked the most was the last question asked with around 2 minutes left regarding the stock price activity today. I’m paraphrasing but the CEO said that if everything lines up with cancer,  double digits will not be right price for this stock.  Then he said triple digits would still not be enough. He said the stock price would be high triple digits!  He even said make sure this is being recorded so we can go back to it later!

I will settle for middle triple digits! 😂

Don't think there's much middle ground, where this settles in as a $2-$10 stock long-term. Though maybe some of us get out there and are satisfied with that. I tend to think either it is what they think/claim and it goes much higher or it isn't and we all end up some form of #### out of luck.

Personally, I can live with that.

They've produced a report and are apparently going to aggressively attempt to undermine confidence in CYDY.  There are many lies and untruths in the report and where there's any kind of grey area, they've chosen to take the negative or cynical side.  I believe short selling can be a healthy alternative but these guys are scumbags with the goal of destroying a company with their lies. 

I hadn't even considered this. Lock in profit and move on to the next one.

This just seems like free money. I kept looking at it like there must be something that I'm missing.

Nope. Free money. I wish that I sold 100 puts instead of just 20. Would have been an easy $12k.
Hello again, Bossman. I came across a recommendation for BHVN, don't remember where, maybe the FBG stock pick 'em for 2020. Anyway, it looks like one that might be appealing to you. No news that I can find set to break between now and Feb 21 (earnings reported on 2/27). Stock is trading in the mid 53s. You can sell the Feb 21 puts with strike price of $50 and make somewhere around $400 (very thinly traded so I'm not sure what price you'd get). The upshot is that you put up $5000 in capital and need to buy 100 shares at $50 in two weeks (not a bad proposition) if it trades sub-50, or more likely, you just pocket the premium which is about a 8% return on that capital (juicy).

Disclosure: I bought 100 shares at $53.50, I sold one 2/21 call against it with strike of $55, netting $450 premium and I've also sold one of those puts described above. My thought is that it has been trading in a channel between 50 and 60 and I'm happy to collect those premiums especially with such a short time horizon.

Sold 2 shares of UNH yesterday to have a tiny bit of play money for CYDY. Now I just wait and watch that ticker.

They've produced a report and are apparently going to aggressively attempt to undermine confidence in CYDY.  There are many lies and untruths in the report and where there's any kind of grey area, they've chosen to take the negative or cynical side.  I believe short selling can be a healthy alternative but these guys are scumbags with the goal of destroying a company with their lies. 
Are they going to destroy it?  I just bought 25k more shares.  

Are they going to destroy it?  I just bought 25k more shares.  
No because CYDY is a real company.   You can't scam the FDA and they will file the BLA for HIV.  The FDA will also rule on their BTD for breast cancer.  Someone will be proven right and my money is on CYDY.

Total noob to stocks.  Downloaded RobinHood though and am gonna throw a couple thousand dollars into it for fun. Am I a complete idiot in that I can't find CYDY on the robinhood app or site?

I'm a little fish compared to Chet and others, but my shares are at an average of $.63. I bought a bunch at $.30 but also some anywhere from $.60 to $1.37. The $1.37 price was definitely FOMO for me when it was on the rise. Too bad I was paying attention that day, or else I'd have a much lower average cost. I'm still a believer and in it for the long haul, and I'm only using money I can afford to lose, but it was definitely nicer when it was shooting up LOL.

pecorino said:
Looks like a delay in filing the BLA until the end of the month. Some more time to accumulate as it will probably drift lower on no news until then.
Link? I can’t find this anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread