What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (13 Viewers)

IDRA, terrible management if they have good data...

Why would they continue to let the price continually get pummeled? At least drop the hammer and punish me for making a bad decision.

Possibly the worst investment of my life :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not specific to IDRA and I don't know the company at all, but in general companies won't "sit" on data once it has been fully analyzed and audited. But from the time a study is completed, it is a long process to analyze the data and make the correct conclusions. Just because the data is in house, or has been for a while doesn't mean that they are sitting on it. Especially in a small company. My company is quite a bit larger and it can take us months to unblind, analyze, audit, conclude, and then discuss in house if all the management agrees with the conclusion before clinical data is made public.

It's official painfull at this point. Wow
If they had good data, why just let their stock bleed... Down over 50% WoW with no data. This makes no sense. Trial is a failure.
Good data will boost the share price to $10+...it won't matter what the share price is prior to releasing their data...positive data will boost share price significantly. They probably don't care what the share price is or isn't on any given day. They've got more to focus on right now than placating your risky bet. If the data is bad - there really isn't a whole lot they can do to plug the dyke.

You've got a juiced up Roger Clemens throwing fastballs at your head right now and you're feeling a little weak in the knees. Once you stepped into the batter box you're in play. Hopefully your next swing and you hit it out of the park.

It's official painfull at this point. Wow
If they had good data, why just let their stock bleed... Down over 50% WoW with no data. This makes no sense. Trial is a failure.
Good data will boost the share price to $10+...it won't matter what the share price is prior to releasing their data...positive data will boost share price significantly. They probably don't care what the share price is or isn't on any given day. They've got more to focus on right now than placating your risky bet. If the data is bad - there really isn't a whole lot they can do to plug the dyke.You've got a juiced up Roger Clemens throwing fastballs at your head right now and you're feeling a little weak in the knees. Once you stepped into the batter box you're in play. Hopefully your next swing and you hit it out of the park.
This is more or less where I'm at with this. And through it all I think the news will be good.

what is this play on IDRA. I don't want to come off as trolling or anything, just curious. I've said this before but I don't really do anything but index plays.

And IDRA finaly picked it's self off the floor. First time this week it shrugged off the sell at the open and rebounded...... Maybe there is some hope.

I think I just hit my 3.80 stop loss.

That was brutal. Like sitting down with $500 at a black jack table and losing the first 10 hands.

In a quick examination of the Social Media Index top 10 holdings - EVERY SINGLE company (including TWTR and FB) is currently in a Bear Trend, Topped or Topping Pattern. I'd be cautious.
Anything else on the broad market?
Margin debt at all-time high. The last 2 times this happened, things did not end well as one would expect. When at record levels, how do you get out of margin without the market selling off. The first ones out can, the rest sell via margin call and we get a meltdown.

Idera, positive results on primary and secondary objectives :thumbup:

Stop the bleeding :)

I've averaged down even more yesterday... I'm holding too much of this #### :lol:

I'm considering some AMD. It's in a tight trading range over the last year and apparently unveiled some impressive chips at this years CES, although they might be threatened by Intel's offering in the second half 2014. A competitive pricepoint could put it as a major player in what is expected to be a big year in the tablet market.

Closed $3.91 yesterday.

Thoughts?

eta: April 14th earnings...In at 3.94

Huge piece of junk this thing Idera is... Amazing that it falls so hard on bull#### by an uncredited analyst, and then barely pops on the news...

This is the opposite of what I'm used to. This is sell on the rumor and sell on the news.

Anyone ever follow http://stocktwits.com/AlertTrade?

I'm going to subscribe for a month and follow the picks... All they tweet are gains, gotta be bull####, but I'll give them $99 to follow along for one month. I'll start posting here next week on how they perform.

I too am disappointed IDRA didn't touch $10 today but I think the major point is has been lost. IMO-8400 worked, and it worked going away with little to no side effects and produced better results then some other competitors in a shorter trial. They are going to be able to develop simular treatments for other diseases based on this trial and have a very good chance of having simular results. In short the foundation is laid for this company to got from speculative bio-tech to a company along the lines of ISIS.

You got a company that's > 50% owned by all the right hedge funds and inside players at the company that came aboard and or invested that won't make a dime unless IDRA trades above $6.

I'm sorry if you are all disappointed but my medium term view hasn't changed (now that positive trial results were announced) IDRA will see $9 in the next 6 months.

It's crazy how much influence some of these guys have. Like Seeking Alpha.
When I read up on IDRA, seemed like a major push for bull case on SA is from someone called EXPStocktrader (or something like that). He posts anonymously and even went over to the Yahoo board and posted for serious IDRA investors to email him. Gave me pause, esp. after the SA issue with Galena.I don't know why they allow anonymous articles.

IDRA might be the biggest POS I've ever owned... I sold 3500 shares Friday at $4.50, so that cut my losses a little... Hoping this dog can see $5 so I can sell and say adios to it.

Anyone tracking Herbalife? I'm curious to hear others' thoughts on whether the FTC investigation will result in anything more than a slap on the wrist.

mnkd

Anyone playing this based off of the pending 4/15 approval from the FDA? The advisory panel is overwhelmingly in support... I think it gets a pop on 4/15, just trying to find the right entry point.

Bump for MNKD...

Anyone thinking about playing this pre FDA?
I took a cursory glance at it yesterday when the market closed. It looked like it received its bump since it appreciated something like 73% yesterday. I assumed that the stock price accounted for the FDA's positive reception. Here's an article that I found on Mannkind.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/strength-seen-mannkind-corp-mnkd-062513628.html
None of these articles takes into account that the FDA Advisory Board is recommending approval of Afrezza for type 1 diabetes at a vote of 13-1 and type 2 diabetes at 14-0...

That is a huge confidence boost.

Users who are viewing this thread