What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

A little confused about IVV, which is supposed to mirror the S&P. I just logged into my Etrade account, I see the S&P is up about .2%, but IVV which closed at 198.10 yesterday is down .25% at 197.6.

Why would this happen? Just wondering.

fantasycurse42 said:
A little confused about IVV, which is supposed to mirror the S&P. I just logged into my Etrade account, I see the S&P is up about .2%, but IVV which closed at 198.10 yesterday is down .25% at 197.6.

It paid a dividend- the adjusted closing price is $197.18.

fantasycurse42 said:

Thanks...

How long have I had to own to receive? Etrade shows 3/25 and paid 3/31...

fantasycurse42 said:

Thanks...

How long have I had to own to receive? Etrade shows 3/25 and paid 3/31...
Info isn't posted on Etrade, or it is inaccurate...

Dividend is .915 a share, today is the expiration date, and it will be paid on the 30th. Hope this helps if anyone is wondering.

This the Tesla gigafactory?

OTTAWA, ONTARIO, Jun 24, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- Northern Graphite Corporation /quotes/zigman/4867246/realtime CA:NGC +9.38% (otcqx:NGPHF) announces that it has updated the Preliminary Economic Assessment (the "PEA") on its 100% owned Bissett Creek graphite project to assess the economics of building a process plant with twice the capacity of the plant contemplated in the Company's Feasibility Study ("FS"). The larger process plant was evaluated due to recent developments in the lithium ion battery industry and strong buyer interest in the extra large flake, high purity concentrates that will be produced using Northern's proprietary purification technology.

The updated PEA indicates that the Bissett Creek Project has very attractive economics even at or below current depressed graphite price levels. The pre-tax internal rate of return ("IRR") is 31.7% (26.7% after tax) and the pre-tax net present value ("NPV") is $264.7 million ($178.9 million after tax) in the base case which is based on an 8% discount rate and a weighted average price of US$1,800/tonne of concentrate which reflects current market conditions.

Development capital costs in the updated PEA have been estimated at $134.1 million (including a 10% contingency) for an operation that will produce an average of approximately 44,200 tonnes of graphite concentrate annually over the first 10 full years of operation. Almost 90% of production will consist of large and extra large flake and battery grade graphite which is by far the highest ratio in the industry. There are also 27.3 million tonnes of Measured and Indicated resources and 24 million tonnes of Inferred resources that are not part of the PEA mine plan and the deposit has not yet been closed off by drilling, all of which indicates that further production expansions are possible.

Gregory Bowes, CEO, commented that: "It has been reported that multiple new graphite mines will be required to supply proposed lithium ion battery manufacturing plants because graphite deposits typically produce a high percentage of non battery grade material, and two thirds of the material that is battery grade is lost in the manufacturing process. However, Bissett Creek may be the only mine that is required to meet market demand due to its very high percentage of battery grade material, lower manufacturing losses and future expansion potential."

Code:
[URL="http://www.marketwatch.com/story/northern-graphite-announces-update-of-expansion-case-pea-2014-06-24-91732540?reflink=MW_news_stmp"]http://www.marketwatch.com/story/northern-graphite-announces-update-of-expansion-case-pea-2014-06-24-91732540?reflink=MW_news_stmp[/URL]

Does anyone here use computershare.com for investing? If so, what are your thoughts/strategies to get the most out of that system?

Signed up for Go Pro IPO shares this week, as I'm sure many others did since they made a few available to the public. Not sure how many shares I'll get. IPO is on Wednesday, I believe.

Anybody else playing this?
Good luck. I might have tried, but Schwab doesn't have an allocation.

From online gaming, invisibility and uranium, I take you fellas to the world of ######l suppositories, courtesy of another Canadian small fry called BioSyent. It's one I own personally and it's a large holding of our funds. Terrific management with a high caliber CEO who makes himself accessible to us - something we look for in management as we tend to specialize in smaller companies that have room for growth. Currently not covered on the street and very under the radar, this is a company with a history of under promising and over delivering. Obviously, the stock has had a great run in the last year so if you are buying now you're buying at the top. Might be one to put on your watch list and add on dips.

Interesting story here...

Sports camera maker GoPro recently announced plans for an IPO, which provided key details for component maker Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA ) . More specifically, Ambarella is vital to GoPro's operations, as it makes semiconductors found in every single GoPro camera.

Key GoPro component

A quick glance through GoPro's prospectus shows that Ambarella is a vital contributor. Listed in the company's risk factors is, "We incorporate video compression and image processing semiconductors from one provider into all of our cameras." GoPro makes it known that there is no alternative supplier.

An upcoming GoPro IPO will put shares of Ambarella into the spotlight, which could be a great catalyst to boost shares that are currently down over 20% in the last year. In the last month, shares have risen 8%, but are down from their highs, seen around the time the prospectus was released.

The company helps companies with wearable sports cameras, automotive aftermarket cameras, and IP security cameras. Ambarella has seen some of its growth from sports cameras fall, as GoPro experienced declining sales in its most recent quarter.

Growth beyond GoPro

Ambarella is vital to GoPro and its cameras, but GoPro isn't as important to Ambarella and its financials. Lately, Ambarella has seen stronger growth in its IP security camera business. That growth could rocket further, with tech giant Google (NASDAQ: GOOG ) (NASDAQ:GOOGL ) getting involved.

Reports indicate Google has been considering acquiring Dropcam, a maker of home security cameras. Dropcam also uses Ambarella for its cameras, which retail for approximately $150 each. The thought process is, Google wants Dropcam to integrate with its newly acquired Nest brand. Google spent $3.2 billion to acquire Nest, maker of smart thermostats and smoke detectors. It seems Google wants a bigger piece of the growing connected home market. Apple is also a possible acquirer of Dropcam.

An acquisition of Dropcam by a tech giant would be beneficial for Ambarella, as it would significantly boost sales. A deal would also further diversify Ambarella away from sports cameras and put it further ahead in the growing smart home security market. Dropcam streams footage of its cameras to phones or computers, and also includes an upgrade service with cloud capabilities.

Financials

Ambarella recently reported strong first-quarter earnings. The company saw revenue increase 21% to $40.9 million. Earnings per share rose to $0.25, up from $0.21 the prior year. Gross margins declined slightly due to lower sales of sports cameras. Management stated that results were driven by growth in the company's IP security camera business.

The strong first quarter follows a fourth-quarter report that saw revenue increase 26.8% to $40.0 million. In fiscal 2013, total revenue increased 30.2% to $157.6 million. Full-year gross margins increased, and full-year earnings per share grew to $0.85, up from $0.60 in the prior year.

Ambarella trades with no debt and over $140 million in cash, which isn't bad for a company with a market capitalization of $745 million. The company continues to see high short interest of around 17%, despite growing sales and strong insider ownership (47% owned by founder Nick Woodman and his wife, Jill).

Analysts predict Ambarella's revenue will grow 16% in fiscal 2015 and 23% in fiscal 2016. Earnings per share are also expected to grow to $1.17 and $1.47 per share in the next two years, respectively.

Conclusion

Shares of Ambarella have traded between $13-$36 over the last year. With the announcement of the GoPro IPO, shares have jumped to $26 and will likely carry momentum for the next couple of weeks.

With upcoming catalysts (GoPro's IPO and a possible Dropcam sale), Ambarella shares can easily return to one-year highs. The next few earnings releases should provide further double-digit revenue increases and send shares higher.
$32 today.

Sports camera maker GoPro recently announced plans for an IPO, which provided key details for component maker Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA ) . More specifically, Ambarella is vital to GoPro's operations, as it makes semiconductors found in every single GoPro camera.

Key GoPro component

A quick glance through GoPro's prospectus shows that Ambarella is a vital contributor. Listed in the company's risk factors is, "We incorporate video compression and image processing semiconductors from one provider into all of our cameras." GoPro makes it known that there is no alternative supplier.

An upcoming GoPro IPO will put shares of Ambarella into the spotlight, which could be a great catalyst to boost shares that are currently down over 20% in the last year. In the last month, shares have risen 8%, but are down from their highs, seen around the time the prospectus was released.

The company helps companies with wearable sports cameras, automotive aftermarket cameras, and IP security cameras. Ambarella has seen some of its growth from sports cameras fall, as GoPro experienced declining sales in its most recent quarter.

Growth beyond GoPro

Ambarella is vital to GoPro and its cameras, but GoPro isn't as important to Ambarella and its financials. Lately, Ambarella has seen stronger growth in its IP security camera business. That growth could rocket further, with tech giant Google (NASDAQ: GOOG ) (NASDAQ:GOOGL ) getting involved.

Reports indicate Google has been considering acquiring Dropcam, a maker of home security cameras. Dropcam also uses Ambarella for its cameras, which retail for approximately $150 each. The thought process is, Google wants Dropcam to integrate with its newly acquired Nest brand. Google spent $3.2 billion to acquire Nest, maker of smart thermostats and smoke detectors. It seems Google wants a bigger piece of the growing connected home market. Apple is also a possible acquirer of Dropcam.

An acquisition of Dropcam by a tech giant would be beneficial for Ambarella, as it would significantly boost sales. A deal would also further diversify Ambarella away from sports cameras and put it further ahead in the growing smart home security market. Dropcam streams footage of its cameras to phones or computers, and also includes an upgrade service with cloud capabilities.

Financials

Ambarella recently reported strong first-quarter earnings. The company saw revenue increase 21% to $40.9 million. Earnings per share rose to $0.25, up from $0.21 the prior year. Gross margins declined slightly due to lower sales of sports cameras. Management stated that results were driven by growth in the company's IP security camera business.

The strong first quarter follows a fourth-quarter report that saw revenue increase 26.8% to $40.0 million. In fiscal 2013, total revenue increased 30.2% to $157.6 million. Full-year gross margins increased, and full-year earnings per share grew to $0.85, up from $0.60 in the prior year.

Ambarella trades with no debt and over $140 million in cash, which isn't bad for a company with a market capitalization of $745 million. The company continues to see high short interest of around 17%, despite growing sales and strong insider ownership (47% owned by founder Nick Woodman and his wife, Jill).

Analysts predict Ambarella's revenue will grow 16% in fiscal 2015 and 23% in fiscal 2016. Earnings per share are also expected to grow to $1.17 and $1.47 per share in the next two years, respectively.

Conclusion

Shares of Ambarella have traded between $13-$36 over the last year. With the announcement of the GoPro IPO, shares have jumped to $26 and will likely carry momentum for the next couple of weeks.

With upcoming catalysts (GoPro's IPO and a possible Dropcam sale), Ambarella shares can easily return to one-year highs. The next few earnings releases should provide further double-digit revenue increases and send shares higher.
$32 today.
Started following this bc of your post. marketwatch had an article on 3 great drone plays a day or so ago, and I was surprised to see amba as one of them.

Key GoPro component

Growth beyond GoPro

Financials

Conclusion

$32 today.
Started following this bc of your post. marketwatch had an article on 3 great drone plays a day or so ago, and I was surprised to see amba as one of them.
Bought in @ $26.60

Is it dumb to take 5000 from Roth IRA and buy FAZ and hold super long term ? If it ever returned to 1,000+ per share we are talking moat loads based on current price of 17ish. My whole portfolio now is 80/20 stock funds/bond funds. Why not hedge a bit? I'm 40 and a long way from retiring. Unless FAZ goes ape ####.

Key GoPro component

Growth beyond GoPro

Financials

Conclusion

$32 today.
Bought in @ $26.60
Nice. Wish I had.

GPRO priced at $24, the top of the range. Could bode well for AMBA.

Is it dumb to take 5000 from Roth IRA and buy FAZ and hold super long term ? If it ever returned to 1,000+ per share we are talking moat loads based on current price of 17ish. My whole portfolio now is 80/20 stock funds/bond funds. Why not hedge a bit? I'm 40 and a long way from retiring. Unless FAZ goes ape ####.
One word answer: Yes

Longer answer: 3x funds like FAZ that rebalance daily decay over time due to the daily rebalancing. Holding any of them long-term isn't a good idea - they're really designed for short-term trades. Another thing to keep in mind regarding FAZ is that even during the financial crisis of 2008, FAZ only tripled in price. What kind of disaster are you expecting to make it go up 50x from 20 to 1000?

One thing I've been experimenting with is selling calls/buying puts a year out (synthetic short) and letting the natural decay work in my favor.

Signed up for Go Pro IPO shares this week, as I'm sure many others did since they made a few available to the public. Not sure how many shares I'll get. IPO is on Wednesday, I believe.

Anybody else playing this?
Good luck. I might have tried, but Schwab doesn't have an allocation.
You could have gone for it through Loyal3.
Dedicated the maximum $10k to the IPO, only receiving $500 worth of shares (21 shares). Disappointing but clearly demand is high.

GPRO hasn't started trading yet.

ZenMaster said:
NajehHejan said:

Longer answer: 3x funds like FAZ that rebalance daily decay over time due to the daily rebalancing. Holding any of them long-term isn't a good idea - they're really designed for short-term trades. Another thing to keep in mind regarding FAZ is that even during the financial crisis of 2008, FAZ only tripled in price. What kind of disaster are you expecting to make it go up 50x from 20 to 1000?

One thing I've been experimenting with is selling calls/buying puts a year out (synthetic short) and letting the natural decay work in my favor.
why would anyone get on the other side of that?

ZenMaster said:
NajehHejan said:

why would anyone get on the other side of that?
I don't know but I've been able to do it.

So our company was contacted for unclaimed property from over 10 yrs ago that turns out to be stock in Wellpoint. We had Anthem insurance so maybe a refund we didn't get that has grown. Curious if anyone likes or dislikes this stock. Process takes months but apparently can put in a request they liquidate it. Sell asap or let process run its course?

From online gaming, invisibility and uranium, I take you fellas to the world of ######l suppositories, courtesy of another Canadian small fry called BioSyent. It's one I own personally and it's a large holding of our funds. Terrific management with a high caliber CEO who makes himself accessible to us - something we look for in management as we tend to specialize in smaller companies that have room for growth. Currently not covered on the street and very under the radar, this is a company with a history of under promising and over delivering. Obviously, the stock has had a great run in the last year so if you are buying now you're buying at the top. Might be one to put on your watch list and add on dips.
I just spent the day today selling rectal suppositories for our company's product that doesn't have regulatory approval in Canada yet. I got excited by your post... for all the wrong reasons.

OTTAWA, ONTARIO, Jun 24, 2014 (Marketwired via COMTEX) -- Northern Graphite Corporation /quotes/zigman/4867246/realtime CA:NGC +9.38% (otcqx:NGPHF) announces that it has updated the Preliminary Economic Assessment (the "PEA") on its 100% owned Bissett Creek graphite project to assess the economics of building a process plant with twice the capacity of the plant contemplated in the Company's Feasibility Study ("FS"). The larger process plant was evaluated due to recent developments in the lithium ion battery industry and strong buyer interest in the extra large flake, high purity concentrates that will be produced using Northern's proprietary purification technology.

The updated PEA indicates that the Bissett Creek Project has very attractive economics even at or below current depressed graphite price levels. The pre-tax internal rate of return ("IRR") is 31.7% (26.7% after tax) and the pre-tax net present value ("NPV") is $264.7 million ($178.9 million after tax) in the base case which is based on an 8% discount rate and a weighted average price of US$1,800/tonne of concentrate which reflects current market conditions.

Development capital costs in the updated PEA have been estimated at $134.1 million (including a 10% contingency) for an operation that will produce an average of approximately 44,200 tonnes of graphite concentrate annually over the first 10 full years of operation. Almost 90% of production will consist of large and extra large flake and battery grade graphite which is by far the highest ratio in the industry. There are also 27.3 million tonnes of Measured and Indicated resources and 24 million tonnes of Inferred resources that are not part of the PEA mine plan and the deposit has not yet been closed off by drilling, all of which indicates that further production expansions are possible.

Gregory Bowes, CEO, commented that: "It has been reported that multiple new graphite mines will be required to supply proposed lithium ion battery manufacturing plants because graphite deposits typically produce a high percentage of non battery grade material, and two thirds of the material that is battery grade is lost in the manufacturing process. However, Bissett Creek may be the only mine that is required to meet market demand due to its very high percentage of battery grade material, lower manufacturing losses and future expansion potential."

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/northern-graphite-announces-update-of-expansion-case-pea-2014-06-24-91732540?reflink=MW_news_stmp
You gotta wonder why there's so little volume. From everything I read, it seems that NGPHF has the best graphite, and is far ahead of all other North American producers. I wonder if other technologies are likely to replace graphite in batteries or something.

GW Pharmaceutical has been crazy hot this year with all the marijuana news.

Do you jump on the ride or is it just too expensive now?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/northern-graphite-announces-update-of-expansion-case-pea-2014-06-24-91732540?reflink=MW_news_stmp
You gotta wonder why there's so little volume. From everything I read, it seems that NGPHF has the best graphite, and is far ahead of all other North American producers. I wonder if other technologies are likely to replace graphite in batteries or something.
Good volume today so far

Look at their balance sheet. That article is about building a plant, and they don't even have $3 mil to support operations.

So our company was contacted for unclaimed property from over 10 yrs ago that turns out to be stock in Wellpoint. We had Anthem insurance so maybe a refund we didn't get that has grown. Curious if anyone likes or dislikes this stock. Process takes months but apparently can put in a request they liquidate it. Sell asap or let process run its course?
Any thoughts on wellpoint and how the ACA transition will effect it?

All I know is that a former CEO of Wellpoint wrote the ACA. I'm sure he didn't screw over his old company in doing so.

I recently was notified that Anthem for a 12.5% increase for 2015, so that should help profitability. :kicksrock: ETA- All of the analysts Schwab includes have it ranked Neutral (C. Suisse, S&P.Argus,Ned Davis)

Last edited by a moderator:
GoPro about to shoot through 10B market cap already. What am I missing? I don't see a solid moat for their hardware or software. They look ripe for Asian OEMs to copy and undercut in pricing.

Mystery Achiever said:
GoBirds said:
I recently was notified that Anthem for a 12.5% increase for 2015, so that should help profitability. :kicksrock: ETA- All of the analysts Schwab includes have it ranked Neutral (C. Suisse, S&P.Argus,Ned Davis)
Thanks guys.....appreciate it.

Bob Sacamano said:

Look at their balance sheet. That article is about building a plant, and they don't even have $3 mil to support operations.
Don't forget invisibilty. As in it will make your money disappear. THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!

Looking to diversify my portfolio (it's 100% Walgreens, atm). Walgreens is trading at about $74.00 a share. I'm looking to move into something that will give me 2 - 3 shares per Walgreens share I sell.

Looking to diversify my portfolio (it's 100% Walgreens, atm). Walgreens is trading at about $74.00 a share. I'm looking to move into something that will give me 2 - 3 shares per Walgreens share I sell.
This is a good strategy. I strongly encourage it.

I'll swap you something that would yield about 262.7841 shares per share of Walgreens. Straight up. If 2-3 is good, that's like 130 times better.

Why would you ever have a 100% of your portfolio in one stock? I understand you want to diversify but that's just asking for trouble.

This is a good strategy. I strongly encourage it.

I'll swap you something that would yield about 262.7841 shares per share of Walgreens. Straight up. If 2-3 is good, that's like 130 times better.
:lmao:

:lmao: I like how that could be read in a way that makes grammatical sense, but belies that the author doesn't know what the #### he's talking about.

Listen tough guys, I get Walgreens at a 10% discount. I've ch for a few months and now want to put 50% into something else.

Listen tough guys, I get Walgreens at a 10% discount. I've ch for a few months and now want to put 50% into something else.
Glad you stuck with the program. But I would suggest you just buy something promising without regard to the share price. If you are still in the mode of building savings, I would go the safer, dividend stock route vs. momentum stock.

Mystery Achiever said:
What is going on with three D printer companies today?
Not much news, but the entire sector is heavily shorted. DDD has something like 35% of their float shorted. Looks like they're covering.

Same with tech/saas. Each day that the market chuggs along and doesn't correct adds more pressure for shorts to capitulate.

Anyone know any services that track average duration of open short positions? The angle I want to verify is that the longer the open positions, the more likely shorts will face margin calls and give in.

Last edited by a moderator:
SSYS was another 3D maker in the space I've been looking at, they're up +12% today too.
I've wanted to build up a little position in ONVO in my IRA. If it hits, it'll be huge. Easy tenner, if not hundred-fold. But I don't have a good track record on the long shots. This one seems different though.

Users who are viewing this thread