What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (19 Viewers)

I had a limit of $25 in for DPHC and it hit.  Will buy down if it drops more.  More of a short term play and if/when it hits 30's I'll get out.  
I had the same limit  :hifive:  

I may hold longer as I'm trying to limit taxable gains this year, but if it goes nuts I'll probably take the profits.

Yeah, wondering if there is a bump when all the securities tracking that index need to buy it on Friday? Maybe not. 
Not sure at all. I know with Tesla they mentioned that funds were buying shares before they were in the S&P because they thought they would be added. That said, I wonder in some cases if it’s the companies that own the funds that purchase them hoping to not get caught in the run up. That said, I have no clue.

Today is quickly getting ugly.
I’m actually liking the SPAC drops for more things to buy a little cheaper. Unfortunately have a meeting with my boss at 3:30 so I don’t think I’ll be able to participate if there’s and end of day drop.

I did add a $23 limit order for DPHC. Probably should just buy it at $24, but WTH.

I’m actually liking the SPAC drops for more things to buy a little cheaper. Unfortunately have a meeting with my boss at 3:30 so I don’t think I’ll be able to participate if there’s and end of day drop.

I did add a $23 limit order for DPHC. Probably should just buy it at $24, but WTH.
My afternoon is pretty filled. Just laid down a bunch of limit ordFishing for cheap sharesers Fishing for cheap shares

Hey, another one of those RH specials. SPI went from $1 yesterday to $32 on 306M in volume (400k average). Went to $3 and stepped up to $15 and then vertical to $32.

A $16M company announced that they are starting and EV division. Lol. Bag holders are going to lose their lunch. This is just a BS pump and dump at it’s finest.

I wonder if this will happen more now that the market isn’t roaring.

Hey, another one of those RH specials. SPI went from $1 yesterday to $32 on 306M in volume (400k average). Went to $3 and stepped up to $15 and then vertical to $32.

A $16M company announced that they are starting and EV division. Lol. Bag holders are going to lose their lunch. This is just a BS pump and dump at it’s finest.

Good lord 

CA to ban sales of gas power cars by 2035.  That may give a boost to all EV related markets.  We should start one up.  Make anything that looks cool and push it down a hill and post it to TikTok and Youtube.  We'll be f'n rich.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, 23 just hit.  this thing going to go back down to 20?
Yep, it did. Got my 100 shares. It’s back up a little.

Gotta chuckle at the IPOs. I got lucky. Didn’t get Corsair, down 9%, and GoodRx, up 40%. I got LSF which is up 80%. Blind squirrel and all.

sheesh.

$5000 worth of shares yesterday worth $150,000 today

I think this is market manipulators back at it like they were with those low float Chinese names a few months ago.

All these power/EV names just one after the other today.  SPI, SUNW, PECK, POLA, one after the other into circuit halts.  SPI topped out at $40 for a 4000% gain.

CA to ban sales of gas power cars by 2035.  That may give a boost to all EV related markets.  We should start one up.  Make anything that looks cool and push it down a hill and post it to TikTok and Youtube.  We'll be f'n rich.
Go from $16M in valuation to $500M in one press release.

Mr. Xiaofeng Peng, Chief Executive Officer of SPI Energy, commented, "This is an important milestone for SPI Energy. As Tesla has demonstrated, an end-to-end business model in the renewable energy space can generate significant value. With the addition of EV and EV charging segments to our diverse solar business, we are positioning SPI Energy for the future of renewable energy."

RH checklist:

1. Chinese company - check

2. Hot stock sector EVs - check

3. Mention beloved market leader - check

4. ?

5. Profit 

sheesh.

$5000 worth of shares yesterday worth $150,000 today
Unless you were in on the scam, you will lose money and as posted above this is 100% manipulation. I’m honestly shocked that stuff like this isn’t instantly halted because it 100% is BS.

Might have to start up again on TQQQ.  Maybe SPXL.  Gotta rebound before the first debate, no?

In TQQQ @ 114 & 112.  

@FishNSuds How about GHIV? It was up 16% premarket and is now down for the day. Announced merger with UWM, kind of a RKT competitor. It’s about 40% of the market cap.

@Chadstroma Is UWM the mortgage company you like? Thoughts on its long term prospects?

Nope, but just did at 10.36. Thanks for the tip. It’s about the only green on my screen now
Me too. I think I got it at 10.41. Added a bunch of SPACs today, I think I have 12 now. Like you said a nice place to park your cash. All but FMCI and OPES are in my IRA so can sell at any time. I’m now fully out of the CV-19 biotech stuff as I sold the Swiss stocks today as well.

@FishNSuds How about GHIV? It was up 16% premarket and is now down for the day. Announced merger with UWM, kind of a RKT competitor. It’s about 40% of the market cap.

@Chadstroma Is UWM the mortgage company you like? Thoughts on its long term prospects?
UWM is my favorite lender. They are the largest wholesaler in the country, 2nd largest lender period. They have no retail operations so 100% of their loans are from the broker and correspondent channels. They have a large and passionate following among brokers, being the top preferred lender for most brokers. That is because they fully support brokers and have a process and technology that lends to speedy and easy loan processes and often very good pricing. They have grown by leaps and bounds and I expect that to continue. I already bought a chunk of shares on GHIV on the news. 

ETA: A whole lot of brokers are buying too from what it looks like in chats. 

UWM is my favorite lender. They are the largest wholesaler in the country, 2nd largest lender period. They have no retail operations so 100% of their loans are from the broker and correspondent channels. They have a large and passionate following among brokers, being the top preferred lender for most brokers. That is because they fully support brokers and have a process and technology that lends to speedy and easy loan processes and often very good pricing. They have grown by leaps and bounds and I expect that to continue. I already bought a chunk of shares on GHIV on the news. 
Nice. Didn’t really move the needle at all with the announcement but sometimes stocks do well that aren’t name brands. Might have to add a little more tomorrow. It’s up a little AH but not enough to make a meaningful difference since I’d likely buy another 200.

Might have to start up again on TQQQ.  Maybe SPXL.  Gotta rebound before the first debate, no?

In TQQQ @ 114 & 112.  
I'm shifting my buying into UPRO long term and maybe TNA after the election.  The Social Dilemna  on Netflex has jacked me up on the future of tech.  I'll look to exit TQQQ over the next month and get back to my UPRO/TMF strategy.  

I'm shifting my buying into UPRO long term and maybe TNA after the election.  The Social Dilemna  on Netflex has jacked me up on the future of tech.  I'll look to exit TQQQ over the next month and get back to my UPRO/TMF strategy.  
Jacked up good or jacked up bad? I haven't seen The Social Dilemma yet fwiw. 

Jacked up good or jacked up bad? I haven't seen The Social Dilemma yet fwiw. 
Jacked up bad.  I am much more negative on the direction of our country and technology, specifically many of the QQQ companies.  I still may dabble in semi conductors, but would feel better in a broad based basket.

Highly recommend the movie.  I actually put my phone down about 10 minutes in and started it over.  

Just an FYI, the top 5 stocks in the Nasdaq index are identical to the top 5 stocks in the S&P. I’ll have to watch that show as well. I’m highly tech invested but I’m very much not on the whole social media thing. Outside of a couple forums I am a newb when it comes to FB and stuff like that. That said, I’m definitely more invested in infrastructure type stocks, even things like Amazon, outside of course of owning stuff like FB in index type 401k funds.

Jacked up bad.  I am much more negative on the direction of our country and technology, specifically many of the QQQ companies.  I still may dabble in semi conductors, but would feel better in a broad based basket.

Highly recommend the movie.  I actually put my phone down about 10 minutes in and started it over.  
Are you thinking they're going to be regulated and split up or is it an ethical decision?

Are you thinking they're going to be regulated and split up or is it an ethical decision?
Both I think.  I think there will be regulation and consumer backlash.  I watch myself and my kids bounce from phones to ipads to laptops to flat screen TVs all day long, and I think we are doing a pretty poor job of managing our time.  

Just an FYI, the top 5 stocks in the Nasdaq index are identical to the top 5 stocks in the S&P. I’ll have to watch that show as well. I’m highly tech invested but I’m very much not on the whole social media thing. Outside of a couple forums I am a newb when it comes to FB and stuff like that. That said, I’m definitely more invested in infrastructure type stocks, even things like Amazon, outside of course of owning stuff like FB in index type 401k funds.
S&P Exposure to Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, and Tesla is 22.04%.  QQQ is 49.24%.  

If I want to tilt more towards tech than the S&P is giving me, I'll lean towards a semiconductor ETF.

S&P Exposure to Amazon, Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft, and Tesla is 22.04%.  QQQ is 49.24%.  

If I want to tilt more towards tech than the S&P is giving me, I'll lean towards a semiconductor ETF.
I don't do QQQ, just individual stocks, just wanted to mention that there's a good amount of tech exposure in the S&P if you trying to "avoid" it. You obviously know that and that may be impossible to a degree.

I don't do QQQ, just individual stocks, just wanted to mention that there's a good amount of tech exposure in the S&P if you trying to "avoid" it. You obviously know that and that may be impossible to a degree.
I've done well with QQQ, and I still think it will bounce.  But I don't like the lottery ticket feel with 1/2 my money in 6 companies.  

This is also a reaction to having almost half my Roth in TQQQ at the moment.  

Nice. Didn’t really move the needle at all with the announcement but sometimes stocks do well that aren’t name brands. Might have to add a little more tomorrow. It’s up a little AH but not enough to make a meaningful difference since I’d likely buy another 200.
I am confused. I was too busy to really understand this acquisition to skip IPO thing.... I bought a bunch of GHIV because I want to own UWM asap. But now that I have a second to breath.... I am not sure that that is correct. 

I prob should have figured it out before the 500 shares but.... well.... I have done dumber things in the past  :shrug:

Does anyone know?

I am confused. I was too busy to really understand this acquisition to skip IPO thing.... I bought a bunch of GHIV because I want to own UWM asap. But now that I have a second to breath.... I am not sure that that is correct. 

I prob should have figured it out before the 500 shares but.... well.... I have done dumber things in the past  :shrug:

Does anyone know?
Yes, that is correct. It’s called an SPAC and it’s not technically and IPO but it’s a merger with basically a pile of cash to go public. The GHIV shares will turn into UWM (probably that symbol if not taken). It will take a few months but you basically bought UWM.

Today’s scam stock is SUNW. Top of the Yahoo trending. Last month they butchered their earnings report. Popped yesterday and then crashed, popping again premarket on no news.

POLA is the same but I think that was mentioned yesterday. Maybe SUNW was too.

Users who are viewing this thread