What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

Their online growth is what is driving the price. Strong hold.
yep, a lot of people are sick of Amazon and their prices ae not as competitive as they used to be. Also everyone ships quickly and free or almost free now

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone explain the UUUU+ warrants to me?  You are buying at $1.95.  Stock price is $4.34, so when warrants are exercised you are in for a total of $6.29? 

I'm an idiot.   

Can someone explain the UUUU+ warrants to me?  You are buying at $1.95.  Stock price is $4.34, so when warrants are exercised you are in for a total of $6.29? 

I'm an idiot.   
"Each warrant is exercisable for one common share until September 20, 2021 at an exercise price of $2.45"

Buy the warrant for 1.95, pay $2.45 to convert it to one share UUUU.  Total cost $4.40 based on that warrant price.  That's my understanding.

I've been accumulating NEVDF (NEVADA COPPER CORP) for a couple months and I'm up over 30%. (THis is the one Fidelity f'ed up a decimal point last week and I thought I was rich).

I think copper is a good commodity play and this is a cheap entry (0.13), so you can feel rich owning 10,000 shares

"Each warrant is exercisable for one common share until September 20, 2021 at an exercise price of $2.45"

Buy the warrant for 1.95, pay $2.45 to convert it to one share UUUU.  Total cost $4.40 based on that warrant price.  That's my understanding.
Me too, I messed up my math and will delete

How is FUBO different than Sling, YouTube TV, Hulu TV, ATT TV, etc?  I don't get what the differentiator is.
The obvious difference I see is that all of those other platforms are owned by much bigger companies that, in some cases, also produce content. So it is difficult to imagine Fubo can keep costs as low if they are bidding for the same content. This may mean they are a target for acquisition down the road.

The obvious difference I see is that all of those other platforms are owned by much bigger companies that, in some cases, also produce content. So it is difficult to imagine Fubo can keep costs as low if they are bidding for the same content. This may mean they are a target for acquisition down the road.
As long as they can get deals on sports broadcasts only available with select cable companies, they will have a solid niche. I do not think they are worth more than 20% of current value, unless that niche expands to more teams. I also do not see acquisition, because those teams are not willing to sell rights to competing cable companies now and that would not change with the acquisition.

So with the stock price at about the same level, why buy the warrant? 

So with the stock price at about the same level, why buy the warrant? 
My actual experience is limited and I've never held warrants long enough to capture huge gains or reduce losses.

One reason why they interest me is the reduced risk but with pretty much all the same upside, plus the added bonus of time to decide if you want the stock at $X amount.  Conversion price doesn't change so if the stock shoots way up you convert the warrants and win big.  If the stock drops huge, the warrant price will drop too, but you don't have to exercise it so you'll be out much less.   Kind of like lay-away with insurance but only requires a deposit.   

Doubled my HGEN this morning @$14.60, averaging my cost down to $16.90. Really hoping I timed the bottom well as I now own way more than I'd like to - will trim half in the 16s.

Doubled my HGEN this morning @$14.60, averaging my cost down to $16.90. Really hoping I timed the bottom well as I now own way more than I'd like to - will trim half in the 16s.
It's hard to know how low HGEN can go.  Most shares are owned by a few individuals.  If they want to keep selling, the price can go lower.  And they bought in at a super cheap price so they can sell at $10 and still make a lot of money.  Retail investors don't have much influence on the stock price.  You are just along for the ride which ever way it is going.

Seems tougher knowing when to sell than when to buy in. 
It is. I’ve done good and bad selling. Sometimes too soon like trimming TTD and TWLO (luckily still own a nice amount and bought other stuff) and sometimes perfectly like selling most of my ZM and most of my FSLY on their all time peak days (also reinvested elsewhere).

FLGT is my worst sale even though I doubled my money. I had multiple chances to get back in right around where I sold and I didn’t and now it’s doubled again. I kind of panicked on that one and wanted to protect my double. The other sales were more rebalancing because they had gotten to uncomfortable levels if something bad hit and I was able to keep what I’d consider a full share or more.

I think the biggest thing is if it’s a long term or short term (long/short taxes play a part here too). Short term you may want to just grab a gain you are happy with and move on. Long term and you see more opportunity then you might let it run more. I could have easily sold way before the peak on all of the ones above and just been happy with a double but man I would have missed out a ton.

Hey @Todem and @-OZ-,

great to see you both back!

Todem, was wondering if you were still on the CSCO train?  Had saw a while back it was a recommendation and got some.

Thanks for any insight.

It is. I’ve done good and bad selling. Sometimes too soon like trimming TTD and TWLO (luckily still own a nice amount and bought other stuff) and sometimes perfectly like selling most of my ZM and most of my FSLY on their all time peak days (also reinvested elsewhere).

FLGT is my worst sale even though I doubled my money. I had multiple chances to get back in right around where I sold and I didn’t and now it’s doubled again. I kind of panicked on that one and wanted to protect my double. The other sales were more rebalancing because they had gotten to uncomfortable levels if something bad hit and I was able to keep what I’d consider a full share or more.

I think the biggest thing is if it’s a long term or short term (long/short taxes play a part here too). Short term you may want to just grab a gain you are happy with and move on. Long term and you see more opportunity then you might let it run more. I could have easily sold way before the peak on all of the ones above and just been happy with a double but man I would have missed out a ton.
There in lies my conundrum. As a rookie investor, I went in on a bunch of Todem's recs and targets I've read about through services like Motley. Everything in my portfolio is green and I've doubled my investment and then some. However, I haven't sold a single stock yet. 

There is lies my conundrum. As a rookie investor, I went in on a bunch of Todem's recs and targets I've read about through services like Motley. Everything in my portfolio is green and I've doubled my investment and then some. However, I haven't sold a single stock yet. 
when to sell is more difficult than when to buy.  

There is lies my conundrum. As a rookie investor, I went in on a bunch of Todem's recs and targets I've read about through services like Motley. Everything in my portfolio is green and I've doubled my investment and then some. However, I haven't sold a single stock yet. 
I've listened to a couple of books recently (100 Baggers and Art of Execution) that cover this topic. Really, everyone is different and speculation/day trading can be fun too. Probably shouldn't be the core of your activity though.

choo choo UUUU
Lol. I bought that way earlier in the year (before the March drop) on a tip in here and it did nothing. Think we lost a little and it was based on some report that was coming out and it didn’t have the good news in it. Pretty sure it’s quadrupled since then.

ETA: Looks like it wasn’t discussed in here again until last week so would have missed most of the run up anyways since it was completely a short term play.

It's hard to know how low HGEN can go.  Most shares are owned by a few individuals.  If they want to keep selling, the price can go lower.  And they bought in at a super cheap price so they can sell at $10 and still make a lot of money.  Retail investors don't have much influence on the stock price.  You are just along for the ride which ever way it is going.
I think there are quite a few positive catalysts coming up, I'd be surprised if it never pops on some sort of upcoming news. That is, I'd bet mucho on a pop after they announce the phase 3 trial is fully enrolled - then just need to decide if you want to hold through data becoming available (a la CYDY). 

Just sold half at $16.40...if only it was always that easy. 

Anyone buying BEEM at this price?
Not me. I didn’t buy when I should have but most of the run up has been completely artificial IMHO. Interesting PRs but I wouldn’t invest until we actually see revenue instead of press releases. If you dig into the releases the deals aren’t real revenue and mention something like agreeing with the city of SD to find partners or sponsors so SD isn’t paying them. Stuff like that.

This is just my opinion but I also don’t think in a few years that these solar charging stations will be worthwhile. Seems like the battery tech is going to make some leaps such that EVs may have more range than gas engines in a few years. If you had access to a gas pump in your garage, how often do you think you’d stop at a gas station to fill up if it took more than 30 minutes and wasn’t cheaper? I’d fill up at home exclusively.

I know GM recommended it and it’s done great but even at $50, I’m not seeing the value. At $70, I would probably have already been out. I just think it may do OK but to have a P/S of over 100 when their actual revenue history is declining is way too expensive even if they turn it around. Just too risky at this price IMHO.

Took a position in FUBO this morning.   Could really run...well off its high and starting to gain steam again.  

Story about a Big Effect Trial starting that includes lenzilumab.  Original story behind paywall.

UTMC begins participation in national coronavirus treatment study

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/Coronavirus/2021/01/05/utmc-national-institude-health-covid-coronavirus-big-effect-trial/stories/20210104140

The University of Toledo Medical Center has begun recruiting patients to participate in a National Institutes of Health study seeking to identify which coronavirus treatments are most effective and deserve more attention in clinical trials. 

The medical center is one of the first sites in the nation to enroll patients in the trial, known as the Big Effect Trial, which aims to have 40 sites with participants soon. The study will look to weed out ineffective treatments and expedite therapeutics that show significant benefits to patients struggling with the virus by testing hospitalized adults who need oxygen or mechanical ventilation and consent to participation. 

As part of the study, the former Medical College of Ohio Hospital will seek to have at least 30 patients participate in total, and has 10 enrolled already, said Dr. Michael Ellis, an infectious disease expert, who is the chief medical officer at UTMC. The study is an important project that will help save lives as the nation awaits mass vaccine distribution, he further said, adding that it would also go a long way toward pinpointing which therapies work most effectively in treating the virus should new strains emerge down the road. 

“We can expect that COVID is going to be around for awhile, until we have really good vaccine compliance in the community,” Dr. Ellis said. “And so as long as COVID is around, which we don't know if this will be something that comes around every year or how long it will last, we need to have therapeutic options for this virus.” 

“These therapies are not directed exactly at the virus, they’re directed at the inflammatory response that the body makes to an infection,” he said, noting that the study would help lend expertise to any strain of the virus. 

UTMC will treat patients who enroll in the trial with a pairing of remdesivir, a proven benefit to treating coronavirus infections, and either risankizumab or lenzilumab, two monoclonal antibodies being investigated as potential treatments for the virus. 

Dr. Ellis said he sees UTMC’s participation in a larger effort around the country to find the most effective ways to treat the virus and save lives.

“The way I look at it is, everybody around the country is doing their part,” he said. “And this is a way that we can do our part. One of our objectives has been to participate in the overall public health response and this is our way of contributing to the larger program of developing therapeutics.”

After the initial portion of the trial, UTMC will begin a second phase using a placebo-controlled trial that looks to examine the safety and efficacy of using each of the two monoclonal antibodies paired with remdesivir, versus remdesivir alone.

In a news release to announce the study, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said the study will create an “efficient way of finding those promising treatments and eliminating those that are not.”  

“The goal here is to identify as quickly as possible the experimental therapeutics that demonstrate the most clinical promise as COVID-19 treatments and move them into larger-scale testing,” he said. 

The participants in the study throughout the country will be assessed daily by clinical staff while hospitalized, and will undergo visits from staff once discharged, also. The trial is funded fully by the NIH. 

First Published January 5, 2021, 7:00am

Hey @Todem and @-OZ-,

great to see you both back!

Todem, was wondering if you were still on the CSCO train?  Had saw a while back it was a recommendation and got some.

Thanks for any insight.

Yes. Still own it. Still have a $52-$54 price target on it. 

3.25% yield at this price too. I look at this company like a tech utility/infrastructure play. Growth and Income play.

There in lies my conundrum. As a rookie investor, I went in on a bunch of Todem's recs and targets I've read about through services like Motley. Everything in my portfolio is green and I've doubled my investment and then some. However, I haven't sold a single stock yet. 
What are your goals. 

What is this bucket of money you have in these stocks earmarked for?

I'm hoping it's a long term play. 
It's so hard to hold anything long in this market...particularly if you can spot these quick runners.   So much money to be made in the short term.  Never seen anything like it.

Marriott is a better company than a lot of these unproven tech companies...but Marriott isn't going to run 50% in a week...you can't buy the traditional stocks and truly have the optimal strategy in this crazy ### market.

What are your goals. 

What is this bucket of money you have in these stocks earmarked for?
My goals are to grow my money. I am a rookie investor who does not have the ability or knowledge to day trade and so I'm looking for long term plays that I can invest in and watch it grow be it both good stocks and our stocks that pay nice dividends. 

It's so hard to hold anything long in this market...particularly if you can spot these quick runners.   So much money to be made in the short term.  Never seen anything like it.

Marriott is a better company than a lot of these unproven tech companies...but Marriott isn't going to run 50% in a week...you can't buy the traditional stocks and truly have the optimal strategy in this crazy ### market.
I completely understand that. However, I just don't have the knowledge to wheel and deal buying and selling stocks as quickly as I'd need to in this crazy market. 

Users who are viewing this thread