What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

Didn't get any responses to this, and didn't sell it.  Morgan Stanley just upgraded it to overweight with a $57 price target, and indicated a belief the dividend wouldn't be cut.  Glad I held, it's up 5% since I asked and keeping an 8% dividend in the portfolio sure is nice.
I've been holding XOM (and even accumulating) like an idiot for a couple years and breathed a sign of relief when it turned green in my account. And that isn't even counting dividends which means I'm up a chunk though much less than the broader markets. I am still holding but might pare 100 shares or so if it reaches the mid 50s. I don't mind owning some of it but I accumulated a bit too much since it was so hammered.

I can’t keep track of these EV companies. There’s 2-3 new ones going public every week. Doesn’t matter if they are three wheelers, scooters, buses, 18 wheelers, EV parts or old fashioned cars.  It really is shaping up like the dot com bubble. I means the entire current vehicle industry is probably a market cap of a trillion. The EV vehicle market cap has just doubled that and the folks like Toyota, GM and Hyundai are near or at ATHs.

Unless we start buying more cars per household seems a bit unsustainable especially when you think about more work from home and autonomous vehicles that kind of reduce the need for as many vehicles.

It'll be a fun show while it lasts.

Adding a shoutout to Todem who could not have pimped that name any harder. The trick in life is to find the right folks' coattails to ride and he's one of them, at least as far as investing is concerned.
Yeah, this one has been great so far. Wish I could have purchased more. 

Wonder if this is one where the pop is bigger pre or post merger. What's the play everyone?
Just noticed these units are 1/2 warrants too, so lot's of upside. I'll read the S1 and more of news as the merger vote approaches. Holding for now.

Part of the reason I'm taking relatively small positions is so I have the freedom to hold on and see if can make truly outsized returns long term through the volatility. 100% returns is always a good trigger to evaluate.

I sold a little LMND before close and a little more when they announced their secondary (not surprised by that.) I’m not really a fan of their COO going on Twitter rants whining about Seeking Alpha bearish pieces. That’s one step away from shooting a paid Proactive video. Made we want to just take all of the gains and move on but I’ll sleep on it.
LMND just doesn't give a ####. Still have my core position, gonna wait for earnings to determine if I add these back.

Beating the market like it stole something today between ETSY, FVRR, BLDP, SE...pretty much everything but MSFT. I'm definitely losing my patience here - if I feel strongly about a new position, I might just need to end our long love affair. Anybody else have MSFT and thinking about jumping ship? I'll at least wait until they present at CES tomorrow.

LMND just doesn't give a ####. Still have my core position, gonna wait for earnings to determine if I add these back.

Beating the market like it stole something today between ETSY, FVRR, BLDP, SE...pretty much everything but MSFT. I'm definitely losing my patience here - if I feel strongly about a new position, I might just need to end our long love affair. Anybody else have MSFT and thinking about jumping ship? I'll at least wait until they present at CES tomorrow.
I didn’t buy BLDP (should have but too low on cash), but have the rest. I’ve got the same with AMZN but honestly not planning to sell. It’s fairly clear we are in a bubble right now. Retail investing is what our thread has become. There’s very little stocks we like long term and more what’s going to pop today. Don’t know when it will pop but right now I think I’m trying to still focus long term. Amazon and Microsoft aren’t exciting right now, but don’t be surprised when they have great earnings and some of these exciting companies have nothing.

For instance, not saying Todem isn’t dead on with BLDP long term, but press releases are driving stock pops. BLDP up what 15% today? Look at the actual press release. They received a PO for fuel cells for a proof of concept hydrogen powered train. Definite potential but a $1.5B market cap increase for a 1 train project? The way the PR was written making it a purchase order could easily mislead subject lines into thinking it’s a huge order to refit every train, which it isn’t.

Same with that Signal tweet by Musk that sent SIGL flying up yesterday even though they are two separate things. Even with the news that it’s not the same as what Musk tweeted the stock has dropped but it’s still 4x what it was on Friday. Lol. It’s gotten crazy. It really does remind me of 2000 when analysts measured market cap in eyeballs because there were no revenue numbers to look at. Only a few of those companies from the 2000 market are the titans of today. Google and FB are two of the Internet giants and they weren’t public in 2000. Don’t be shocked if some the EV/autonomous winners aren’t public yet and most of the companies today are gone. Don’t take that to mean Tesla and say Nio are gone but that the other big guys aren’t public right now or come from GM/Toyota/etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wildcat, I appreciate your investment blog.

I haven’t sold a share of HGEN. Obviously the stock and sector is out of favor due to vaccine news. The announcement to increase enrollment in their p3 trial was met with disappointment. The good news is the trial is expected to fill quickly and I feel strongly that the decision to increase enrollment derisks the outcome. Know that Operation Warp Speed personnel have seen unblinded data, do you think they decided to partner with a lost cause? The interim results are trending better than standard of care.  Severe critical COVID patients have scant options, steroids and stuff that’s not helpful. As I mentioned previously, Operation Warp Speed will be very helpful for a small company like HGEN, once you have a regulatory package (BLA) suitable for the US, it’s much less difficult to file applications worldwide.

Great vaccine news hurts HGENs COVID upside, but by no means kills it. OWS is buying medications and stockpiling. Also recognize this drug has been in development for quite some time for the purpose of immunomodulation. Clearing the regulatory hurdles for COVID approval helps speed other indications.

An analyst just reiterated a buy with a price target of $34. I’m waiting this out. Just my humble (biased) opinion.

https://www.smarteranalyst.com/new-blurbs/h-c-wainwright-thinks-humanigens-stock-is-going-to-recover/
Despite the stock doubling from the date of this post, today might be a good day to look at HGEN. Management is presenting at the big JPM conference tomorrow and clinical trial and other news can be expected very soon.

I have done a lot of due diligence on this  company, know the industry and this particular indication (covid treatments) at this point in time. 

I also have more HGEN shares than I had in November, lol.

Are getting SPAC fills harder than regular stonks? I had a order in at $20.50 to buy NOVS since yesterday, it opened up today at $19.40 but didn't get filled. Of course now it's $22.78. 🥵

Wow great recs on BLDP @Todem and ACTC whomever recommended that.

Of course this was the one time I decided to average into a position so I only have 10% of what I wanted to be my final position in each.  Are these still worth buying more even after the big pops?

Wow great recs on BLDP @Todem and ACTC whomever recommended that.

Of course this was the one time I decided to average into a position so I only have 10% of what I wanted to be my final position in each.  Are these still worth buying more even after the big pops?
SPACs are getting damn expensive now even pre-merger. Used to be able to pick stuff up for maybe a 5-10% premium but now you have ones over 30-50% right after they are formed. I still have a few that haven’t merged and they are still up 10-15% from those early days where you got them close to $10.

Since the summer of 2018 our firm has been heavily involved with a private helium company that is currently our largest single investment across all funds.  My boss has a board seat and we've written articles that appeared in global news sources about the company and its chief resources the last couple of years.  The helium play is an interesting one in that there are very few public pure plays related to helium and the ones that are aren't good ones, even though a Desert Mountain Energy DMEHF (for example) has exploded over the last 24 months.  

This private company is the real deal.  It's producing currently and the next step will more than likely involve a SPAC vs going the IPO route.  A deal with a major underwriter/brokerage firm has been secured - a strategic relationship with beneficial terms incentivizing the firm to be active in the success upon creation.  Lotta work left to do, but hoping this is a 2021 event and I'll keep the thread posted on any updates that I'm allowed to make.  Pretty exciting times here!

Also, cobalt the metal ticked up again - metal prices were stagnant the last year and a half so this is pretty interesting to follow.  Mentioned last week that investors were dipping their toes back into this one.  Pay attention when that happens.  

Man who is buying up all this DASH at this valuation today.

Just a $64 billion company making a little 20% move in a single day.

Since the summer of 2018 our firm has been heavily involved with a private helium company that is currently our largest single investment across all funds.  My boss has a board seat and we've written articles that appeared in global news sources about the company and its chief resources the last couple of years.  The helium play is an interesting one in that there are very few public pure plays related to helium and the ones that are aren't good ones, even though a Desert Mountain Energy DMEHF (for example) has exploded over the last 24 months.  

This private company is the real deal.  It's producing currently and the next step will more than likely involve a SPAC vs going the IPO route.  A deal with a major underwriter/brokerage firm has been secured - a strategic relationship with beneficial terms incentivizing the firm to be active in the success upon creation.  Lotta work left to do, but hoping this is a 2021 event and I'll keep the thread posted on any updates that I'm allowed to make.  Pretty exciting times here!

Also, cobalt the metal ticked up again - metal prices were stagnant the last year and a half so this is pretty interesting to follow.  Mentioned last week that investors were dipping their toes back into this one.  Pay attention when that happens.  
Helium? Are you high?

Man who is buying up all this DASH at this valuation today.

Just a $64 billion company making a little 20% move in a single day.
If we were able to pick the biggest companies we thought would be worthless in 5 years, this one would be my bet. By the end of this year, I think food deliveries will drop a bunch and every restaurant you know will have curbside delivery through any of the millions of web sites that offer that. I could see companies like Shopify that provide merchants with web sites to add a few options and host restaurant web sites. It would be a piece of cake.

Maybe people like their food delivered by random people and how it tastes not so fresh and pay way more than regular prices, but I don’t. Even in the pandemic I’ve had no problem with curbside pickup or drive throughs. After the pandemic, not paying a bunch extra is probably going to be on a lot of folks minds.

If DASH can’t be profitable this year then I can’t see it being profitable later. The IPO raised a ton of cash so they have a long time to go but man I don’t see the success. Heck, I’d think an Uber or Tesla with autonomous vehicles would crush it. That said, most bigger restaurants could probably just afford a Prius Delivery EV in a few years and have delivery done with no extra man power. If autonomous vehicles can scan the roads how hard would it be to scan a confirmation barcode to open a door or drawer with the food in it.

I feel like I am giving away too many good ideas now. Anyone want to start a food delivery web site with autonomous vehicles and crush DASH to a pulp?

Yeah, this is a long term hold for me. I actually added on the prior dip. Thinking years on this one, not sweating the crazy swings.
So mad I got out of it. Doubled my money but could have quadrupled it. Heck, I brought that darn stock in here back in like April or so. A few opportunities to jump back in still in the 30s. I probably will bite the bullet eventually but hoping for a general dip again. I know the MF recs are the reason for the jumps so that luster might wear off for a bit at some point.

If we were able to pick the biggest companies we thought would be worthless in 5 years, this one would be my bet. By the end of this year, I think food deliveries will drop a bunch and every restaurant you know will have curbside delivery through any of the millions of web sites that offer that. I could see companies like Shopify that provide merchants with web sites to add a few options and host restaurant web sites. It would be a piece of cake.

Maybe people like their food delivered by random people and how it tastes not so fresh and pay way more than regular prices, but I don’t. Even in the pandemic I’ve had no problem with curbside pickup or drive throughs. After the pandemic, not paying a bunch extra is probably going to be on a lot of folks minds.

If DASH can’t be profitable this year then I can’t see it being profitable later. The IPO raised a ton of cash so they have a long time to go but man I don’t see the success. Heck, I’d think an Uber or Tesla with autonomous vehicles would crush it. That said, most bigger restaurants could probably just afford a Prius Delivery EV in a few years and have delivery done with no extra man power. If autonomous vehicles can scan the roads how hard would it be to scan a confirmation barcode to open a door or drawer with the food in it.

I feel like I am giving away too many good ideas now. Anyone want to start a food delivery web site with autonomous vehicles and crush DASH to a pulp?
totally agree

Yeah, this is a long term hold for me. I actually added on the prior dip. Thinking years on this one, not sweating the crazy swings.
Yeah, I wrote a handful of Jul $55 puts in addition to my shares. Nice premium. Actually still a pretty decent premium, even after that pop. It's just always startling to see something do in a few weeks what you're prepared for it to do in 6-12 mos (see FSLY)

Apparently the pop might have been caused because someone paid Carol Baskin from Tiger King to mention it on Cameo.

Seriously.
yea apparently someone paid them $299 to slip that into netflix.. Thats all it takes?!?!  We need a CYDY slip on some House episode.    I did read theyre expecting some yuge new product/results out in march so its muy interesante 

Users who are viewing this thread