What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Path of Exile (free to play & now on Xbone) (4 Viewers)

Trying a 2 h marauder. Not that ranger is hard, but this feels easy by comparison. Pretty much live by aggro' ing lots of mobs, then using cleave and leap attack until all are dead. I have yet to die and an almost to Brutus.ETA I mean Merveil and go on to the 2nd Act.
I had zero problems with my marauder until I got to Act 3 of merciless. He is at 67 and I have not found enough resistance gear to make him effective yet. The char has finished all 3 acts and is just farming docks but not gaining xp because of numerous deaths. I have to go back to easier areas to farm xp.

A guy on Reddit crafted this 6L, ridiculous luck:http://i.imgur.com/eokGZIg.jpg45 chance orbs20 Whetstones100-150 jewelers60-80 fusing
Since I have not been able to play much I am still early in the game and have not acquired enough currency/orbs to do any real crafting yet.Is the number of orbs you listed the amount he used to craft the weapon and even after all of those it was considered lucky? yikes!

A guy on Reddit crafted this 6L, ridiculous luck:http://i.imgur.com/eokGZIg.jpg45 chance orbs20 Whetstones100-150 jewelers60-80 fusing
Since I have not been able to play much I am still early in the game and have not acquired enough currency/orbs to do any real crafting yet.Is the number of orbs you listed the amount he used to craft the weapon and even after all of those it was considered lucky? yikes!
The Whetstones are a guaranteed 1% quality improvement, so no luck there.The chance orbs are about a 1:1000 to get a Unique and he did it in 45 "rolls", that was probably the luckiest out of the bunch.The jewelers orb is to get 6 sockets not sure what is normal but 100-150 sounds about right (maybe worse than average)The fusing is to get 6 links not sure what is normal but 60-80 I am guessing is pretty good

A guy on Reddit crafted this 6L, ridiculous luck:

http://i.imgur.com/eokGZIg.jpg

45 chance orbs

20 Whetstones

100-150 jewelers

60-80 fusing
The Whetstones are a guaranteed 1% quality improvement, so no luck there.The chance orbs are about a 1:1000 to get a Unique and he did it in 45 "rolls", that was probably the luckiest out of the bunch.

The jewelers orb is to get 6 sockets not sure what is normal but 100-150 sounds about right (maybe worse than average)

The fusing is to get 6 links not sure what is normal but 60-80 I am guessing is pretty good
I did not realize the bold above was such long odds! Thanks for the info.

So I have no idea if anything I have is worth much of anything. I have 3 enduring cry gems. 1 regular, 1 7% quality, 1 8% quality. Thoughts?ETA also have an unused unleveled poison arrow among others. I assume that one is pretty common and worthless however. I have just vendored yellows once I am done with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have no idea if anything I have is worth much of anything. I have 3 enduring cry gems. 1 regular, 1 7% quality, 1 8% quality. Thoughts?ETA also have an unused unleveled poison arrow among others. I assume that one is pretty common and worthless however. I have just vendored yellows once I am done with them.
To my knowledge the only skill gems that are really worth anything are the ones that have additional quality to them. I have sold ones under 10% for 1gcp, 10-15% for 2 gcp and anything over that can get interesting. You can sell some standard skill gems for an alch and a few for a chaos.

To my knowledge the only skill gems that are really worth anything are the ones that have additional quality to them. I have sold ones under 10% for 1gcp, 10-15% for 2 gcp and anything over that can get interesting. You can sell some standard skill gems for an alch and a few for a chaos.
So I should be able to sell those 2 enduring cries for something then?

Its not a super popular skill but if you spam the channel you may get an offer or two.

Its not a super popular skill but if you spam the channel you may get an offer or two.
So here is a question. I feel dumb asking since I have played a few MMOs, but when things are thrown up in the trade channel, how do you click to examine them? Also, I assume posting them is as easy as drag and drop into the text you are typing?

A guy a day ago chanced a Kaom's Heart also, unique chest. Its an unsocketable +1000 life armor, and its worth a small fortune.Getting ridiculous, got a couple offers sitting on 5L chests, hopefully one of them will stick, don't feel like overpaying more than I already am.

The Whetstones are a guaranteed 1% quality improvement, so no luck there.The chance orbs are about a 1:1000 to get a Unique and he did it in 45 "rolls", that was probably the luckiest out of the bunch.The jewelers orb is to get 6 sockets not sure what is normal but 100-150 sounds about right (maybe worse than average)The fusing is to get 6 links not sure what is normal but 60-80 I am guessing is pretty good
Fusing 5Ls is roughly 100 fusings, fusing 6Ls is roughly 500 fusings.Its why typically crafting links is reserved for gear you intend to use forever, like that maul.

So here is a question. I feel dumb asking since I have played a few MMOs, but when things are thrown up in the trade channel, how do you click to examine them? Also, I assume posting them is as easy as drag and drop into the text you are typing?
I am new to the trading as well. Where is the trade channel? Is it in the game or on the forum?

I am new to the trading as well. Where is the trade channel? Is it in the game or on the forum?
Trade channel is in the chat box to the left. Its the only channel i leave open. To check out a linked item, you must open the box to type something and then mouse over it.Another good tip that some do not know about. All items are not created equally...Before you use an alch or some other orb on an item check out its item level. For instance I collect standard 11 & 12% prism rings. I then check their item level to see which one has the best chance of returning a big item when i use an alch orb on it. To do this simple pick up the item with your cursor, then go down into the chat box and type /itemlevel

Trade channel is in the chat box to the left. Its the only channel i leave open. To check out a linked item, you must open the box to type something and then mouse over it.Another good tip that some do not know about. All items are not created equally...Before you use an alch or some other orb on an item check out its item level. For instance I collect standard 11 & 12% prism rings. I then check their item level to see which one has the best chance of returning a big item when i use an alch orb on it. To do this simple pick up the item with your cursor, then go down into the chat box and type /itemlevel
Tell me more about itemlevelI have a 9% prismatic that has an iLevel of 40 (and one that is iLevel 30) - I also have an 11% iLevel 55 (but it was already magic)then I checked all of my "white" gold rings, highest was iLevel 28 (and happened to be a 15% rare find)Do I have anything here?

Getting ridiculous, got a couple offers sitting on 5L chests, hopefully one of them will stick, don't feel like overpaying more than I already am.
what is a 5 link chest? Is that chest armor?
It is a chest with at least 5 sockets where at least 5 of the sockets are linked to each other.Being able to support an attack with 4 seperate support gems is usually the big push over the damage cliff, before I was using lightning arrow with lesser multiple projectiles, increased weapon elemental damage, and life gain on hit, with the 5 link chest I just got I am able to add the chain support gem which allows my attacks to chain to 2 additional mobs.At the moment my Lightning arrow only does 670 dmg, lightning arrow is a psuedo aoe skill, each shot explodes on hit, hitting up to 3 additional targets, with lesser multiple projectiles I shoot 3 arrows instead of one, with chain each of those arrows chains to an additional 2 targets, each subsequent hit also procs the AoE explosion of the arrow itself.So hypothetically if I fire into a group:Arrow x 3 = 670+670+670 = 2010AoE from all 3 hits = (670*3)+(670*3)+(670*3) = 6030Chaining to 2 additional targets per arrow = (670*2)+(670*2)+(670*2) = 4020AoE from all 3 hits, twice from chaining twice = (670*3*2)+(670*3*2)+(670*3*2) = 12060Totaling: 24120 raw damage.This of course does not account for enemy resistances, nor does it account for my static blows passive which gives me a 20% chance when I deal lightning damage (which is additive with aoe so its near 100%) each stacking increases damage by 40% (with 3 stacks it comes in at 220%) also doesn't account for my projectile weakness curse (which gives a 30% increase in damage as well as 60% chance to pierce, WHICH GIVES ME ADDITONAL HITS!)The best part? I'm only 63 and I'm using a lvl 48 bow...This train has no brakes.EDIT: I'm dumb, it does 642 dmg, not 670, still compounds the same though.

You probably know this, but if you want to cast multiple auras, you can just map one to a key, cast it, map a different one to the same key, cast it, etc... and then when done you can put a skill on that key.Your auras do not go away.

Getting ridiculous, got a couple offers sitting on 5L chests, hopefully one of them will stick, don't feel like overpaying more than I already am.
It is a chest with at least 5 sockets where at least 5 of the sockets are linked to each other.
I still don't get it. The only chests I see in the game are the ones you open when playing. Are you saying there are chests you can pick up as items?It does not make sense to me.

Tell me more about itemlevelI have a 9% prismatic that has an iLevel of 40 (and one that is iLevel 30) - I also have an 11% iLevel 55 (but it was already magic)then I checked all of my "white" gold rings, highest was iLevel 28 (and happened to be a 15% rare find)Do I have anything here?
The 55 would be interesting to craft. Is it worth cleaning it or upgrading? that depends on your orb count. I hold on to all 20% Rarity rings and necklaces as well as the +20 to all attributes with high item levels. While everyone is looking for 5 & 6 linked gear I am looking for rings and necklaces. You can check out item level on all items and I think is really not known about at this point.

It is a chest with at least 5 sockets where at least 5 of the sockets are linked to each other.
I still don't get it. The only chests I see in the game are the ones you open when playing. Are you saying there are chests you can pick up as items?It does not make sense to me.
He is talking about a chest piece of armor

The 55 would be interesting to craft. Is it worth cleaning it or upgrading? that depends on your orb count. I hold on to all 20% Rarity rings and necklaces as well as the +20 to all attributes with high item levels. While everyone is looking for 5 & 6 linked gear I am looking for rings and necklaces. You can check out item level on all items and I think is really not known about at this point.
Not bad, no +Life tho http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4286/il55.png

He is talking about a chest piece of armor
Ok that is what I thought but when I asked if it was chest armor, he said he was just a chest and I got confused. Thanks.

Not bad, no +Life tho http://img593.images...3/4286/il55.png
Not too bad. Here is a ring I crafted that started as a white maxed (15%) rarity ring with an item level of 45 My link

Picked up this iL70 belt w/ a pair of boots (had a buy one get one free deal going) for only 3x Orb of Chance.It will probably last me at least 10 levels if not 15-20:http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7554/il70.png

For the guys that have played a lot do you tend to outfit yourself mostly by buying from the vendors and then crafting or picking up drops and then crafting, or by trading with other players?I have been ignoring buying things and just looking for drops but I wonder if that is the wrong way to go about things.

For the guys that have played a lot do you tend to outfit yourself mostly by buying from the vendors and then crafting or picking up drops and then crafting, or by trading with other players?I have been ignoring buying things and just looking for drops but I wonder if that is the wrong way to go about things.
I purchase all gold rings that are at 15%, gold necklaces at 20%, onyx amulets at +20 and prism rings at 11-12%. I also will buy a few belts if they are maxed out but not every time one is available. The only items i have bought from other players are quality gems and I have traded for orbs that I would want for crafting.

For the passive skills there are the two following nodes I can connect to in my build (ranger with bows)Heartseeker - Critical strike multiplierHeartstopper - Critical strike for bowsDoes Heartseeker work for bows as well or is it for melee weapons only?On a related note, does Frenzy affect bows?

I purchase all gold rings that are at 15%, gold necklaces at 20%, onyx amulets at +20 and prism rings at 11-12%. I also will buy a few belts if they are maxed out but every time one is available. The only items i have bought from other players are quality gems and I have traded for orbs that I would want for crafting.
What stat belts do you load up on?

For the passive skills there are the two following nodes I can connect to in my build (ranger with bows)Heartseeker - Critical strike multiplierHeartstopper - Critical strike for bowsDoes Heartseeker work for bows as well or is it for melee weapons only?On a related note, does Frenzy affect bows?
Yes to both I believe.

If it does not say that its for a specific weapon than it should be global (would work with melee or spells).I absolutely love frenzy on my marauder bow user for single boss fights. I have it in a 4L with faster attacks, faster projectiles and life leeched (its a blood magic build).

I purchase all gold rings that are at 15%, gold necklaces at 20%, onyx amulets at +20 and prism rings at 11-12%. I also will buy a few belts if they are maxed out but not every time one is available. The only items i have bought from other players are quality gems and I have traded for orbs that I would want for crafting.
40 as far as I know. I have not seen anything above that.

I purchase all gold rings that are at 15%, gold necklaces at 20%, onyx amulets at +20 and prism rings at 11-12%. I also will buy a few belts if they are maxed out but every time one is available. The only items i have bought from other players are quality gems and I have traded for orbs that I would want for crafting.
40 what? Life? Energy?

40 what? Life? Energy?
Sorry, when a belt is maxed I buy it and I believe the max stat is 40. Was reading and posting on my phone. Sorry about that.

Sorry, I'm an idiot.

Man, this marauder is a gem farming machine. Got about 5 in ten minutes in Act 2, western area.

The hard thing about this is you feel like you are funneled into a very specific build. 2H marauder? Cool. Now choose either sword or axe. You basically have to gamble which one you will get as an uber weapon later. I say sword or axe only because frankly cleave is too awesome to not use every chance you get. Not sure if there is any equally awesome skill for hammer or mace?

Sorry, I'm an idiot.
no not at all! You guys are so experienced so the answers to my beginner questions must seem annoying but I appreciate you guys taking the time to share.Your gear makes me drool compared to what I have a my little level 14 right now :)

The hard thing about this is you feel like you are funneled into a very specific build. 2H marauder? Cool. Now choose either sword or axe. You basically have to gamble which one you will get as an uber weapon later. I say sword or axe only because frankly cleave is too awesome to not use every chance you get. Not sure if there is any equally awesome skill for hammer or mace?
A lot of them use Ground Slam instead of cleave.

I use Leap Slam, and it is like freaking easy mode so far. It's like a smart bomb of the gods with a good axe. But it is a mana hog. Pretty much goes round up a bunch of mobs, leap slam them, and then cleave to mop up.

I use the fire trap 99 percent of the time. Run through and let the "enemies" follow me and once I build up a good number I drop the traps and collect the loot. I hate too many gems right now. I can't use them all and I don't think that some of them will ever be used. The poison arrow is fun to play around with while farming. I have lightning with added cold damage on my two handed axe. How many things can be "additional?" unlimited? I get my butt kicked by fire and whatever the hell that thing is on the docks that spits a constant stream of ice?

Just finished up Act 1 on Normal. Only died twice until the final boss and then died 4 times. I don't think I could have beaten the boss if it did not retain the damage from the previous times I fought it. I basically whittled it down.I don't feel like my character is all that strong though. Here are some basic stats entering Act 2 with my first character.Level: 17Health: 284Shield: 34Intelligence: 67Dexterity: 76Strength: 24Armor: 40Evasion: 175Default DPS: 55 (bow)Have a couple of gems at level 5.I am wearing and or using almost all yellows except for my rings, amulet and quiver, which are blue.I am going to push on ahead to Act 2 and if I get wiped out I will spend a few hours farming the ledge.

'NewlyRetired said:
For the players that have built archers, what is your impression of the Keystone Point Blank?
Point blank is an interesting keystone.For certain builds its amazing, but for most bow users its a no go.Up close you do something like 200% damage, but by up close I mean melee range. But about mid screen is 100% damage, and any comfortable distance beyond midscreen you drop linearly down to 50% damage at max.Really good build to use it with is Lightning arrow with Greater multiple projectiles (adds 4 arrows reduces projectile damage by 50%), throw on a fork, pierce and weapon elemental damage. Run up to a group and essentially shotgun them down.This is my elemental bow ranger build so far: Lvl 67 Ele RangerGonna grab diamond skin and all the life nodes in the marauder starting area and then I should be done, like lvl 77ish.

Yeah, I actually find that build-type depressing.Almost every advanced play build comes to the same thing...Its unfortunate that Life > All.Recalls mmorpgs of the 90s.

Yeah, I actually find that build-type depressing.Almost every advanced play build comes to the same thing...Its unfortunate that Life > All.Recalls mmorpgs of the 90s.
There are plenty of builds that do not require high life, but you risk a lot in doing so. Status effects (burn, freeze, shock) chance to apply is dependent on your resists and percentage of damage to your max health.That being said, I do tons of damage, have tons of regen, life steal and life gain on hit, 40% damage reduction, 3.8k health and im still using crap gear. To be honest, I think lightning arrow + chain is still the most overpowered skill in the game (and has been since it was added, even before chain existed).Mulling over what my next build is going to be, this one has usurped my previous end-game farming char. Thinking summoner but they are incredibly boring from my previous experiences. Maybe ill make a physical bow user, split arrow w/ fork and chain maybe? Or I may just push for 80.

'Mad Cow said:
'FootballDummy said:
'Mad Cow said:
I use Leap Slam, and it is like freaking easy mode so far. It's like a smart bomb of the gods with a good axe. But it is a mana hog. Pretty much goes round up a bunch of mobs, leap slam them, and then cleave to mop up.
With my mar I use sweep as my main attack and and leap as my enter and exit attack. i have rarity, increased item drop and faster attack linked to sweep and farm with this attack. When I am trying to level I take out item drop and rarity and add in cold damage and life leech. Works really well.

'Mad Cow said:
'FootballDummy said:
'Mad Cow said:
With my mar I use sweep as my main attack and and leap as my enter and exit attack. i have rarity, increased item drop and faster attack linked to sweep and farm with this attack. When I am trying to level I take out item drop and rarity and add in cold damage and life leech. Works really well.
Why link rarity and drop to an attack? I thought they were in effect regardless where they were.

'Mad Cow said:
'FootballDummy said:
'Mad Cow said:
Why link rarity and drop to an attack? I thought they were in effect regardless where they were.
Nope, if you look at your char sheet and then look at the different attacks you will see what each attack does. My attack with the rarity gem on sweep has a current rarity ranking of over 180% and an increased drop rate over 30 (i could be wrong about that number). Support gems only support the gem they are linked to.

Damn jewelers orb! I thought I would link all 4 of my sockets together, but instead lost one on a pretty nice item. Guess it is all up to luck.I am having a hard time also picking up orbs and gear when I play with other people. Seems like I can't get to the item fast enough.

Users who are viewing this thread