What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (3 Viewers)

If Gronk plays, do you play him on your fantasy team?

Unlike rotoworld's advice, he is not a plug-and-play TE1 for me with Orange Julius on the roster.

Officially listed as questionable. I heard Bert Breer discussing this, who still feels Gronk is probably not going to play. However, if he ended up being a game time decision and they opted to play Gronk, Breer felt the Pats would limited his snap count to 15-20 snaps.

Officially listed as questionable. I heard Bert Breer discussing this, who still feels Gronk is probably not going to play. However, if he ended up being a game time decision and they opted to play Gronk, Breer felt the Pats would limited his snap count to 15-20 snaps.
yea but 15-20 snaps

could be 3 catches for 20 yards and 2 tds

yea but 15-20 snaps

could be 3 catches for 20 yards and 2 tds
Smoke 'em if you gronk 'em

My choice would be between him or Orange Julius at TE or Flex him over Ryan Mathews or an Injured Reggie Bush. I'm Skeptical that he plays.

If he's active I will start him over Cameron no question.
I wouldn't. I have Cameron and I would have to think long and hard about starting a partial Gronk over a 100% Cameron...
I have Gronk and Cameron in a league with 2 flexes (and a TE position obviously). If Gronk's active, Im probably starting both, but as I said earlier thats more because I dont have Lacy or Vereen as options, and may not start Ray Rice either depending on what I hear the next couple days.

If he's active I will start him over Cameron no question.
I wouldn't. I have Cameron and I would have to think long and hard about starting a partial Gronk over a 100% Cameron...
I have Gronk and Cameron in a league with 2 flexes (and a TE position obviously). If Gronk's active, Im probably starting both, but as I said earlier thats more because I dont have Lacy or Vereen as options, and may not start Ray Rice either depending on what I hear the next couple days.
For real. I also have both and really thinking of starting both gronk and cameron instead of mike williams and one of them

If Gronk is active, I would consider him to be the higher ceiling / lower floor play over Cameron - does that align with your views?

If Gronk is active, I would consider him to be the higher ceiling / lower floor play over Cameron - does that align with your views?
Definitely lower floor for Gronk.

Trent/Weeden not playing Sunday + (Gordon variable) * Gronk snaps = I dont know whose ceiling is higher.

cant play gronk, unless i see him doing backflips and cartwheels out there with bill belichick holding up cards that read "9" or "10".

want the gronk-ster in there & cant keep hoarding 2 TE...but...

have him, love him, cannot even begin to know to start him until 12:45 (at the earliest). TOO RISKY this early in week.

let you know right before kickoff.

-biz-

While waiting on Gronk's return I have been rolling with Brandon Myers and doing okay. May just stick with him this week at Carolina.

Benching him this week. If anything Belichick might just want him out there for 15-20 snaps as a decoy. I question whether he's in 100% game shape. I'm guessing next week is when he resumes normal life as a must-start and we all see the Gronk unleashed again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Benching him this week. If anything Belichick might just want him out there for 15-20 snaps as a decoy. I question whether he's in 100% game shape. I'm guessing next week is when he resumes normal life as a must-start and we all see the Gronk unleashed again.
If Gronk plays, he will not be a decoy. Outside of Edelman, Brady has nothing to throw to. Every time he is on the field, he will likely be Brady's #1 target. I'll take 20 snaps with Gronk before most 2nd tier TE's.

I'd handicap it: 20 snaps equals 8 targets with 5 catches and a 75% chance of a score.

If Gronk plays, he will not be a decoy. Outside of Edelman, Brady has nothing to throw to. Every time he is on the field, he will likely be Brady's #1 target. I'll take 20 snaps with Gronk before most 2nd tier TE's.

I'd handicap it: 20 snaps equals 8 targets with 5 catches and a 75% chance of a score.
Those are some lofty predictions, but I guess all we can do is wait and see.

If he plays he will get you more then 10points in standard scoring and should be better then most TE you have as a backup unless you scored on your backup.

Gronk is a Stud. His upside on even 15-20 plays is far more than most TE and WR's out there.. If he plays he is in your lineup IMO.

No way he comes in as a Decoy.. All risk (he gets hurt), no rewards for the Pats on this move. If they have any doubt he gets hurt, they will hold him out.. Otherwise he will play #of plays as per his conditioning and will be a main target..

I will Flex him at WR, as I also have Graham

Only way I play Gronk is if my other options are low TE2s. And that should not be the situation most are in. Not after knowing you drafted a guy that would be missing games. a littany of plug-ins out there.

I recall that quite a few of us paired Jared Cook with Gronk.

If Gronk is listed as active...do you start him over Cook @DAL?

I recall that quite a few of us paired Jared Cook with Gronk.

If Gronk is listed as active...do you start him over Cook @DAL?
Can't afford another 1/10 from Cook so until he proves he can be more consistent, yes, I would start a part-time Gronk over Cook.

Supposedly ATL double-teamed Cook last week which led to him being shut down.

That may or may not have been the case but Dallas LBs > ATL Lb's and Sean Lee in particular is good in coverage.

Per Roto, pure speculation though:

ESPN Boston is projecting Rob Gronkowski as an inactive for Sunday's game against the Bucs.

Reporter Mike Reiss is just guessing here, not reporting. He says that "if this were a playoff game," the feeling is that Gronk would suit up. But given a Week 3 home game against the Bucs, there's "no need to rush things." We'll know Gronk's official status by noon on Sunday.

Source: ESPN Boston Sep 21 - 6:48 PM

would be nice if he plays but the decision would be tough as I think O.daniels almost easily puts up better numbers than a limited Gronk but we will see.

bizkliz said:
cant play gronk, unless i see him doing backflips and cartwheels out there with bill belichick holding up cards that read "9" or "10".

want the gronk-ster in there & cant keep hoarding 2 TE...but...

have him, love him, cannot even begin to know to start him until 12:45 (at the earliest). TOO RISKY this early in week.

let you know right before kickoff.

-biz-
I plan on going down to the paddock so I can get a good look into his eyes.

Well if true this is...concerning

@RapSheet: From #GameDay First: Rob Gronkowski is unlikely to play today. It's his forearm holding him back, not his back. Needs to be full strength
IIRC he's been doing core strengthening stuff for maybe two months now. I doubt he's been able to lift heavy weights for as long. That last bit about strength would make sense if so. Not really concerning IMO.

@RapSheet: From #GameDay First: Rob Gronkowski is unlikely to play today. It's his forearm holding him back, not his back. Needs to be full strength
Actually its very good news. His arm is only needing conditioning/regaining strengt while his back could have been a nagging injury that never goes away. So if its the arm that keeps him out 1 more week i'm fine with that.

IIRC he's been doing core strengthening stuff for maybe two months now. I doubt he's been able to lift heavy weights for as long. That last bit about strength would make sense if so. Not really concerning IMO.
denial is not just a river in egypt

denial is not just a river in egypt
So are you implying that Gronk is definitely a concern now despite being 50/50 for THIS week? If not, what is the point of your comment? You think he's not back next week?

I actually saw him when he gave the report on the NFL network. This quote, while not necessarily taken out of context, wasn't complete. He went on to say the Pats want to make sure that the forearm is 100%, not like late last season when he re-broke it.

To me, that indicates not that his are is "holding him back" (as in there being a setback with the forearm), but that they are giving him more than enough time to try to prevent that same situation from happening again

Users who are viewing this thread