What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Rob Gronkowski, TB (5 Viewers)

So....dial up Allen as a sneaky redraft/daily play next week? 

(0 targets through 2 weeks)
Not I, I will look elsewhere with Witten or Fleener being on the wire in most my leagues and according to pct. on ESPN and Yahoo formats, they are available in most. Allen just cant seem to produce, he may have a hope and prayer big game, but not a road I will go. 

Sweet news. I needed to hear this.

Thanks
Because patriots injury reporting is always super straightforward and honest. :lol:  

lol - not to pee on your Cheerios, but i had Deion Branch when he was "questionable, knee" for 5 months (4.5 months of which were after he had surgery). 

Actual league rules have been created due to the Pats injury reporting.

When I see Gronk on the field, Gronking, I'll believe he's ok. Until then it's a mystery IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
good that he escaped serious injury but sounds like he may be out a little while?  (that would suck).
I have not heard that, I heard a rumor that it could have been a concussion the way he bounced up slow and was bugged eye on the sideline and the "groin" is a cover. Watched the replay, its plausible, but cant be sure. 

Bleacher Report ‏Verified account @BleacherReport  25m25 minutes ago

Gronk says he’s day-to-day after groin injury: "I knew there was nothing really wrong from the beginning. I'm good" http://ble.ac/2yluMK3

I have not heard that, I heard a rumor that it could have been a concussion the way he bounced up slow and was bugged eye on the sideline and the "groin" is a cover. Watched the replay, its plausible, but cant be sure. 

Bleacher Report ‏Verified account @BleacherReport  25m25 minutes ago

Gronk says he’s day-to-day after groin injury: "I knew there was nothing really wrong from the beginning. I'm good" http://ble.ac/2yluMK3
I think it's plausible because nothing about that play when I saw it suggested a leg/groin issue. He seemed a bit dazed and when they panned to him on the bench, he was just sitting there wide eyed as the trainers were talking to him. You would think they would have been stretching him, treating him or carting him off for treatment. None of that. I call shenanigans. While a concussion is never good, he's more likely to play if he just got his bell rung to a certain degree.

He's a late second rounder in Dynasty adp so probably somebody in that range.  I wouldn't sell until the Patriots at least come out with some certainty on his injury.  People won't pay full price if they think he's hurt more seriously and you know something. 

There would be absolutely no reason to hide a potential concussion, especially for a guy without much of a known concussion history. No way the Patriots risk such a dumb penalty from the league, they have enough of a rep and the league has a close eye on them and their injury reports over the years. 

There would be absolutely no reason to hide a potential concussion, especially for a guy without much of a known concussion history. No way the Patriots risk such a dumb penalty from the league, they have enough of a rep and the league has a close eye on them and their injury reports over the years. 
hmmm...we are still talking about the team in foxboro, right?

You're kidding right??!! We are talking about the Patriots.

They just did this with Brady 6 months ago in the super bowl...

No proof of that whatsoever, unless I missed something. 
Except his wife saying so...are you having the audacity to assume you know more about Tom than his wife does? Are you insinuating just because the NFL said it was all clear, that his wife was still misinformed about her husbands health? 

I sure hope no one here would ask me to trust their opinion on Toms health over his wife.

Except his wife saying so...are you having the audacity to assume you know more about Tom than his wife does? Are you insinuating just because the NFL said it was all clear, that his wife was still misinformed about her husbands health? 

I sure hope no one here would ask me to trust their opinion on Toms health over his wife.

I'm pretty sure that if I played pro football and came home with a headache, but hadn't been diagnosed with a concussion, it's a possibility that my wife could jump to conclusions and blab that I must have had a concussion. I see that as a very possible scenario, yes. You don't? Yes, I'll trust the doctors (who have a lot to lose) over the medical opinion of an emotionally invested supermodel. 

Tone down your posts. You sounds like a real ####### in the one above that I quoted. No reason you can't just engage in a normal human discussion without the patronizing tone and snide remarks. 

I'm pretty sure that if I played pro football and came home with a headache, but hadn't been diagnosed with a concussion, it's a possibility that my wife could jump to conclusions and blab that I must have had a concussion. I see that as a very possible scenario, yes. You don't? Yes, I'll trust the doctors (who have a lot to lose) over the medical opinion of an emotionally invested supermodel. 

Tone down your posts. You sounds like a real ####### in the one above that I quoted. No reason you can't just engage in a normal human discussion without the patronizing tone and snide remarks. 
So that is a yes, you do have the audacity to assume you know more about Toms health than his wife? To have that audacity to assume you know more than the mans wife while lumping her only as a "supermodel?" Isnt it ironic, dont you think? Just a little too ironic, yeah I really do think. I will trust her as she has no reason to lie. While NFLs doctors have and clearly do. Perhaps look into all the lies from NFL doctors on CTE. Tone down your posts if you dont like your quotes being quoted, it is your own words used against you. Plus, read your own posts to realize how you sound. No reason you cant just engage in a normal human conversation without the patronizing tone, snide remarks, name calling and bleeped out words. The Hypocrisy in your post is astounding as nothing in the bolded suggest normal human discussion. Still amazed someone has the audacity to think they know more about tom than his wife then get upset that was pointed out. If you wish to continue discussion of your remarks that you believe to have more info on Tom than his wife, lets do....if you want to continue getting personal and insulting, lets go to PMs so I can talk to you appropriately for how you talked to me. I am happy to engage with you there. 

You're kidding right??!! We are talking about the Patriots.
Seems the Patriots love to thumb its nose at league rules. They are the ones that brought the "gates" to the NFL. Spy followed by deflate and now, maybe Gronkgate.

They love to go against the league, look at how they manipulate the injury reports. Part of the whole elimination of the Probable tag was because of the Patriots and the Brady "P" designation for years. 

Mavis and conn, both of you please keep the discussion to football and not each other and please dial the tone down. Thanks.
Here is the video of Gronks injury. https://twitter.com/Trags/status/909501527215271936

You can see it here, at the end, he took a clear shot to the dome and #43 was even woozy after he got up. From the reports it doesnt look like a groin injury as he used that leg to pressure off per some discussions on internet (take that for what it is worth), if it was his back he wouldnt have gotten up like that, using his back. While Tony Romo is familiar with back injuries, maybe remembers how he laid on the ground when his back got hurt and couldnt move. 

I'm not a mind reader, but I'll play one here as I do not know better than the doctors.. The bug eyes and the way he was on the bike after shows me this is nothing major as of now and it is plausible it was a concussion.  Thats a reaction of a head injury, not a back or groin injury. I have had all 3, I'm not a football player or a doctor, but you sure wont pup up like that after a major injury to either the back or groin. Also, by not going back in the game, he doesnt have to subject himself to the concussion protocol necessarily. Just guesses of mine and discussion, but since its a groin right now publicly, guess its a groin injury. However, I will question the sincerity of the Patriots being honest 11 times out of 10.

Another thread ruined

Gronk has a heavy history of injuries. This is why he moved down my draft chart to "do not draft". Granted, I took Graham, who has a pretty bad injury history himself and plays for the Jekyll/Hyde Seagulls so that's not much better. 

Tried to warn you guys months ago... 

Another thread ruined

Gronk has a heavy history of injuries. This is why he moved down my draft chart to "do not draft". Granted, I took Graham, who has a pretty bad injury history himself and plays for the Jekyll/Hyde Seagulls so that's not much better. 

I took him at the 2/3 turn and would take him again in an instant. Olsen is injured. Jordan Reed is injured. Tight end is a tough position to play. There's always injury risk.  But there's no other player in all of fantasy football that has a bigger separation between himself and the number 2 player at his position.  Whoever wins my league (and yours) is going to do so because of some players being outstanding at their position. Not by having a bunch of starters finishing 5th or 6th at theirs.  Gronk is high risk/high reward and very capable of being one of those who simply gives you an unfair advantage over all of your opponents from the tight end slot. If he misses a game this week, I still have no regrets. I could have waited and taken Olsen or J.Reed.

I took him at the 2/3 turn and would take him again in an instant. Olsen is injured. Jordan Reed is injured. Tight end is a tough position to play. There's always injury risk.  But there's no other player in all of fantasy football that has a bigger separation between himself and the number 2 player at his position.  Whoever wins my league (and yours) is going to do so because of some players being outstanding at their position. Not by having a bunch of starters finishing 5th or 6th at theirs.  Gronk is high risk/high reward and very capable of being one of those who simply gives you an unfair advantage over all of your opponents from the tight end slot. If he misses a game this week, I still have no regrets. I could have waited and taken Olsen or J.Reed.
2/3 turn is a good place to take him. That's the only way I would have grabbed him (2.12-3.01). Many encouraged me to look at him round 1. He was there 1.12 in my keeper league (28 players kept). I passed and he was taken 4 or 5 picks later

Gronk is one of those guys when healthy he's a HUGE advantage. I agree. It all depends on where you get him. I'd do that as well if I were in your shoes 

I was hoping to grab Kelce or Olsen at my 3/4 turn (3.12-4.01). Both were taken right before me. I took Graham and so far all I hear is the Price is Right "losing horn" 

Another thread ruined

Thread is ruined? It appears talking your draft chart is not relevant to his injury that appears to be minor is more of an issue. Seems if you complain about injury history, you shouldnt take a guy with a bad injury history. Granted one had more injuries, but a history is a history is it not?

Have any updates on his injury by chance? Curious about you warning about his minor groin injury, that some foresight I would love to see the quote of. 

TE position is beat up, Allen may end up being a great flier if Gronk does miss some time. 

I'm always entertained by 'online expert medical analysis based on grainy twitter video" guy.

This is a minor groin tweak. Gronk is fine. On to Houston. 

I'm always entertained by 'online expert medical analysis based on grainy twitter video" guy.

This is a minor groin tweak. Gronk is fine. On to Houston. 
Even if in those posts they are explicitly saying they are just guessing? Confusing post since you too just played online doctor which is fine since we are just merely discussing whats plausible since many actual experts seem confused by this injury. The Patriots do have a history of lying or cheating, as we all are familiar with. 

I do think he will be fine this week as well and may miss Wed and Thurs practice. 

Neither of which are doctors themselves. The history of the Patriots can cause many to reason if they are honest about anything. You can trust them if you so like, I will remain skeptical. 
You do you... but let's try to refrain from irresponsible speculation of completely un-related injuries based on amateur armchair "Twitter Film analysis". Cheers. 

this thread has gone off the rails, my fault. 
:lmao: I was just going to edit my post to say something like, "well we won't be talking about Gordon so who cares if I derail this discussion"
Interesting habit.

Yes. Seems to be a theme when I see this in any thread:
Boston Globe just put out an article with more Gronk quotes about his injury. 

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/09/18/bill-belichick-rob-gronkowski/mCrgomwPm7GAf1CAjhQ4ZK/story.html

Hopefully we see Gronk smash this weekend!

Interesting habit.
lol stalk much? ;)  You search my previous posts in order to find two quotes from the one thread that offers the least amount of football relevant information (where no one is talking football) to try and make me look bad. Nice try. And I'm flattered!  :D

is it me or was Gronk looking old, rusty, slow last weekend? I know the TD was awesome..but on other plays he just looked like something was 'off', maybe that was the groin ..I hope it was. 

Questionable with thigh injury. Anything to see here Pats fans?

I guess Thursday is a good a day as any to be able to get backup choice. But would rather not drop a bench slot.

Questionable with thigh injury. Anything to see here Pats fans?

I guess Thursday is a good a day as any to be able to get backup choice. But would rather not drop a bench slot.
Prob nothing to worry about, but we'll find out at game time.

@rapsheet implying "limited some"

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Rob Gronkowski (questionable, thigh) is expected to play Thursday night in Tampa Bay, but "figures to be limited some" against the Buccaneers.

Users who are viewing this thread