What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Interboard Challenge League (3 Viewers)

That Jackson for Rivers trade has not worked out to this point :(
I would have tried to talk you out of that in the first place. On the plus side, Vjax won't disappear when you need hom most.

Along those lines...My CKap/Nelson/Gronk for Romo/Bryant/Witten totally pooped the bed. I gave up 12 by being enticed to start Romo over RG3. Gronk crushed Witten by another 12+. Even Kap has outscored Romo with time to go. Kicking my for not sticking to my guns.

Still have Cruz to go, but barring a career game I'l have my lowest score of the year. Oddly, most of my guys had OK (but not great) games yardage wise, but my QB only had 1 TD, my DST had 1, and the rest of my starters had a total of...none. 2 lousy TDs won't get you far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rene 77 + Cruz: 0 - 2 wins possible. predict 1-6

Bass done at 144: 7 - 0

Sinrman 93.2 + ADP: Three wins possible, most likely 1-6

Old Mil 128 and done: Up in all 7 matches, but likely will drop to 6-1

Ruds 75.6 plus Nicks: Can pick up one win if Nicks outscores Jennings by 4. predict 0-7

Gringo 120 and done: Bad draw for him. 1-4 locked in. Probably 2-5

Ref 97 plus Randle: One win possible but not likely. 0-7

Bro1ncos 96.3 and done: Locked at 2-5

Clash 136 and done: Locked at 7-0

Duckboy 114.7 plus Minn D and Nicks: Down in 6 games and the 7th is a dogfight. 129 nets 5 wins. Per Dodds 5-2

Holloway: 120.7 plus Simpson: If Randle doesn't go nuts, 7-0

Sweet Love 93 and done: 0-7

38 and 46 for team fbg.

Wow!!!

We got punched in the face this week!

Additionally four FBG's lose Martin, one loses Wayne and one Finely. Some holes to fill!

Week 7 Standings

Board Won Loss Tie Percent GB
Sports Outlaw.........................326 - 262 - 0 (45-39) -
Football Guys.........................326 - 262 - 0 (41-43) -
Fantasy Sharks......................309 - 279 - 0 (38-46) 17
FFToday.................................291 - 297 - 0 (37-47) 35
Dynasty Football Warehouse.285 - 303 - 0 (42-42) 41
The Huddle.............................284 - 304 - 0 (50-34) 42
FF LiveWire............................272 - 316 - 0 (38-46) 54
Fantasy Guru.........................259 - 329 - 0 (45-39) 67

Well there you have it, in a week's play where only one Board got to the important 50 Win barrier the other seven could barely squeak out 45 Wins. This was probably the most competitive week ever in the history of the Octavarium IBL with only 13 games separating all Eight Boards from Fantasy Sharks and FFLiveWire's 38 Wins to that 50-Burger put up by TheHuddle and all these muscle pounding and grinding in the trenches resulted in a tie at the top as returning Board Fantasy SportsOutlaw gained the four games needed to sit atop along side with long time leaders FootballGuys. FBG has led or now been tied for the lead since Week 1 !!!
It seems like a three board race now unless FFToday can put the wheels back on their bandwagon as they've seemingly faded these past two weeks losing 30 games to the Lead Board(s) in that time.
Can FFToday rally?
Can SportOutlaw keep up their impressive run?
Will FootballGuys finally relinquish the lead they've enjoyed since Week 1?

There's still Five Weeks left in the Regular Season before the Playoffs start so it seems DFW and TheHuddle can still be a part of this race to the Championship, let's look at those Top Two Tiers and which Boards have sustained their dominance in them or not...

Champions Tier(3.0pts per victory)

SportsOutlaw (6)...+1
FootballGuys (5)
FantasySharks (4)
FFToday (3)
DFW (2)
FFLW (1)
TheHuddle (1)... -2 <-------
Guru (1)... +1

Veterans Tier(2.0pts per victory)

FootballGuys (3)... -2
SportsOutlaw (2)
FantasySharks (3)... -1
FFToday (2)
DFW (2)... -2
FFLW (4)
TheHuddle (6)... +6 <------
Guru (2)...-1

As we can see here The Huddle while losing 2 Players from the Champions Tier did this while gaining 4 Players from the Rookie Tier and now have quite a presence in the Veteran's Tier with 6 Players waaay up from previously having Zero Players there.
SportsOutlaw gained one slot in the Champions Tier to help their campaign chances. Still there's plenty of time left before the 4 weeks of Playoffs begin and we'll be all over it to let you know if anyone stumbles and those boards that step up their games!!!

Till next week folks, Com'on LiveWire!!!

I mean... Till next week here in the Octavaruim IBL!

:cheers:

. IBL Message board

So...from a FA standpoint, what are we looking at?

DHB

Hillis

Cox

I know I am forgetting some that caught my eye on Sunday (was thinking another RB)

Brutal week for me, only 1 win. Two TDs on the entire squad (one by the defense, the other by the QB). Lost my first round pick (Martin).

After a 12-1 start, now I feel like I'm just hanging on. :(

So...from a FA standpoint, what are we looking at?

DHB

Hillis

Cox

I know I am forgetting some that caught my eye on Sunday (was thinking another RB)
I'll try and grab DHB, Doubt I'll get him. Alternates will be Marvin Jones and Brandon Gibson. Gibson has been incredibly steady in that offense. Jones has been on the last couple of weeks Both are the type of guys who's production would skyrocket should their team lose an offensive weapon. (ie. Indy).

:homer: Bills will be a top 6 defense by end of season!!!

Advice on who I should be looking at to replace Finley (hoping to hear continued good news). Currently have Scott Chandler(week 12 bye).

Some players that interest me:

Delanie Walker (Week 8 bye)

Dallas Clark (8)

Gresham (12)

Eifert (12)

Also, opinions on if I keep Finley rostered and hold 3 TE's?

Advice on who I should be looking at to replace Finley (hoping to hear continued good news). Currently have Scott Chandler(week 12 bye).

Some players that interest me:

Delanie Walker (Week 8 bye)

Dallas Clark (8)

Gresham (12)

Eifert (12)

Also, opinions on if I keep Finley rostered and hold 3 TE's?
most of the ones you listed are receiving about similiar targets...walker and clark you can probably wait a week.....

if Graham is out....Watson migt be a nice short term plug and play

long term....clark edge over walker

I mean wow... I may be desperate for a WR, but not THIS bad:

I get:

Sproles + Jeffrey

I give:

Lynch + V Davis

looking ahead to week 9 for ref....no QB and 1 WR

dropping Cutler and Foles

made a play in this order

DHB

Ivory (can't pass up 34 carries)

Gibson

Royal

Ben

Locker

figure however this shakes out I'll adjust during the add/drop period if I still need too.....it won't really matter much at that point

only throw this out to generate some discussion about WW stuff this week....

other guys

McGahee (if you need one now or coming up) still there....and his production may improve

Hillis

James

Kerley

Jacoby Jones

Avery

Rice

Hank

Roberts

Cooper

GB D (looking decent)

good luck boys....nuff ####### around

Thoughts on this offer...

I get Sproles and Jeffery, I give Cameron and Vereen

My roster...

QB - RG3, Romo

RB - Murray, Randle, SJax, Ridley, Vereen, Brown, Powell

WR - CJ, Bryant, Moore, Brown

TE - Cameron, Witten, Gates

Seems like a fair offer. I could counter with one of the other TEs.

Moore has a crummy playoff schedule while Jeffery's looks better. Not sure how the change a QB will impact him although Cameron will be dealing with that too??? Ridley has been playing better so Vereen could be a crapshoot down the road.

How does this look for a playoff lineup

QB - RG3

RB - Murray, Sporles

WR - CJ, Bryant

TE - Witten

Flex - Moore/Jeffery/Gates

Thoughts on this offer...

I get Sproles and Jeffery, I give Cameron and Vereen

My roster...

QB - RG3, Romo

RB - Murray, Randle, SJax, Ridley, Vereen, Brown, Powell

WR - CJ, Bryant, Moore, Brown

TE - Cameron, Witten, Gates

Seems like a fair offer. I could counter with one of the other TEs.

Moore has a crummy playoff schedule while Jeffery's looks better. Not sure how the change a QB will impact him although Cameron will be dealing with that too??? Ridley has been playing better so Vereen could be a crapshoot down the road.

How does this look for a playoff lineup

QB - RG3

RB - Murray, Sporles

WR - CJ, Bryant

TE - Witten

Flex - Moore/Jeffery/Gates
That's the big question with Jeffery's. I got no clue.

Thinking I would love to have Sproles on your

roster enough to do this deal.

PS. Feel free to work some deals on behalf of OM. Your rocking it!

that guy has a pretty salty team and is a TE away from being rock solid....I low balled him with an offer of Cameron for Green.....Cameron is #1 ranked TE in this league right now...thought maybe he had enough with Marshall, Nicks, Shorts, and his RB's, etc that he might sniff....cause honestly I think he has it in his head he "has" to get a TE....I don't think he needs to, but thats just me.....he hasn't declined my ####ty offer yet, but my thinking was I really don't think Cutler is coming back and I am not sold on CHI WR's without him....not interested in Nicks, or Shorts, etc....so I just went big hoping he would maybe counter with something reasonable that still included Green....so while I think he might give up more then Jeffery if pushed, it kind of sucks to settle for him but might be worth getting Sproles in your lineup in PPR....you can afford the ding at TE and without knowing what Vereen will look like and what his role will be when he comes back......Sproles seems like a consistant upgrade....you know what you get with him.....and Jeffery is actually a good addition to your WR3+ group....

added bonus of Cameron and Vereen still have bye weeks coming up, whereas Sproles has already had his and Jeffery on this week...plus QB situation in CLE could get messy....

decent offer, loaded at TE so can try to get something for your extras....Vereen was a FA gift anyway....would probably pull the trigger, but understand if you decide to stay put.....

that guy has a pretty salty team and is a TE away from being rock solid....I low balled him with an offer of Cameron for Green.....Cameron is #1 ranked TE in this league right now...thought maybe he had enough with Marshall, Nicks, Shorts, and his RB's, etc that he might sniff....cause honestly I think he has it in his head he "has" to get a TE....I don't think he needs to, but thats just me.....he hasn't declined my ####ty offer yet, but my thinking was I really don't think Cutler is coming back and I am not sold on CHI WR's without him....not interested in Nicks, or Shorts, etc....so I just went big hoping he would maybe counter with something reasonable that still included Green....so while I think he might give up more then Jeffery if pushed, it kind of sucks to settle for him but might be worth getting Sproles in your lineup in PPR....you can afford the ding at TE and without knowing what Vereen will look like and what his role will be when he comes back......Sproles seems like a consistant upgrade....you know what you get with him.....and Jeffery is actually a good addition to your WR3+ group....

added bonus of Cameron and Vereen still have bye weeks coming up, whereas Sproles has already had his and Jeffery on this week...plus QB situation in CLE could get messy....

decent offer, loaded at TE so can try to get something for your extras....Vereen was a FA gift anyway....would probably pull the trigger, but understand if you decide to stay put.....
Countered with Vereen/Ridley/Cameron for Marshall/Sproles/Beasley. No go. Still have original offer sitting there.

I'm not worried about Jeffery, McCown seemed to do OK and still targeted him. I'm sort of thinking Jeffrey/Cameron will be a push. I'm concerned about Sproles not scoring TDs. Vereen may actually have more upside. Someone talk some sense into me.

"All players dropped during the first come, first served claim period may be picked up immediately by other IBL owners. Any questionable drop/add's by teams from the same boards may be reviewed by the Commissioner Board. If the Commissioner Board rules that the transactions were made in an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules about Intraboard trades, both transactions will be reversed.

BassNBrew (FBG) dropped Powell, Bilal NYJ RB Fri Oct 25 7:28:59 p.m. ET 2013
Bro1ncos (FBG) acquired Powell, Bilal NYJ RB Fri Oct 25 7:47:06 p.m. ET 2013

Sinrman (FBG) dropped Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE Fri Oct 25 6:29:01 p.m. ET 2013
Bro1ncos (FBG) acquired Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE Fri Oct 25 6:56:33 p.m. ET 2013

These transactions are questionable and clearly show coordination. However at the time of these transactions there was another copy available of each player that was drop/added so the spirit of the rule was not broken. Let this be a reminder to everyone that the intraboard trade deadline has passed."

I already stated that I didn't do it intentionally. I will do a better job reading the transaction emails.

Posted 150 this week and best case scenario is 5 and 2.

Here's where our teams stand in scoring this week.

BnB 8th - done

Clash 17th - done

Ref 32nd - Sea D

Holloway 36th - done

Ruds 44th - done

Bron1nco 46th - done

Rene 50th - done

SL 51st - done

Gringo 57th - done

OM 73rd - Sea D and K

Sinrman 78th - Lynch

Duckboy 94th - Rice

In theory we should have one team in each of these groupings to finish the week at .500.

1-8 - one

9-16 - zero

17-24 - zero

25-32 - one

33-40 - one

41-48 - two

49-56 - two

57-64 - one

65-72 - zero

73-80 - two

81-88 - zero

89-96 - one

Posted 150 this week and best case scenario is 5 and 2.

Here's where our teams stand in scoring this week.

BnB 8th - done

Clash 17th - done

Ref 32nd - Sea D

Holloway 36th - done

Ruds 44th - done

Bron1nco 46th - done

Rene 50th - done

SL 51st - done

Gringo 57th - done

OM 73rd - Sea D and K

Sinrman 78th - Lynch

Duckboy 94th - Rice

In theory we should have one team in each of these groupings to finish the week at .500.

1-8 - one

9-16 - zero

17-24 - zero

25-32 - one

33-40 - one

41-48 - two

49-56 - two

57-64 - one

65-72 - zero

73-80 - two

81-88 - zero

89-96 - one
not bad for a bunch of cheaters.....

Sorry I have been out of the loop, fellas. Missed probably the best week for WW pick ups, and it cost me (so did starting Vick...lol). Wife had surgery and is recovering...we find out about chemo next week.

Sorry I have been out of the loop, fellas. Missed probably the best week for WW pick ups, and it cost me (so did starting Vick...lol). Wife had surgery and is recovering...we find out about chemo next week.
Please keep us updated, I was thinking about you guys and wishing up the best this weekend.

150 points and I end up 4 and 3. Tate owner caught me tonite by a point. Hopefully the rest of you drew better matchups.

Board Won - Loss - Tie (Last Week) GB
Sports Outlaw..........................372 - 300 -0 (46-39) -
Football Guys..........................365 - 307 -0 (39-45) 7
Fantasy Sharks.......................359 - 313 -0 (50-34) 13
FFToday..................................348 - 324 -0 (57-27) 24
Dynasty Football Warehouse..338 - 334 -0 (53-31) 34
The Huddle..............................318 - 354 -0 (34-50) 54
FF LiveWire.............................295 - 377 -0 (23-61) 77
Fantasy Guru..........................293 - 379 -0 (34-50) 79

Well to be tied two straights weeks would have defied all odds but while SportsOutlaw claimed First Place all alone with a 46 win week other Boards climbed further up the Standings to make this a five Board race again. Defending Champs FFToday led all contenders with a massive 57 win effort to pull within a respectable 24 games out followed by DynastyFootballWarehouse who also pounded out a 50+ win week to gain 7 games on the leaders and should still be considered in the hunt.
FootballGuys slipped a tad with only a 39 win week but remain in 2nd place after leading the first seven weeks while Tony Holm's FanastySharks crew also were rewarded with a 50 win week for all their hard work.
FFLiveWire turned out an absolutely horrible week and possibly the worst week ever in the Octavaruim IBL with only 23 wins(less than 2 per teammate) and almost faded past dungeon dwelling FantasyGuru while TheHuddle who won this thing two years ago are in a limbo of sorts between the contenders and pretenders.

Let's see if there were any changes in the Board presence in the Playoffs Tiers.

Champions Tier(3.0pts per victory)

FantasySharks (5)... +1
SportsOutlaw (4)...-2
FootballGuys (4)...-1
DFW (4)... +2 <------
FFToday (3)
TheHuddle (2)... +1
Guru (1)
FFLW (0)... -1

Veterans Tier(2.0pts per victory)

FootballGuys (3)
SportsOutlaw (4)... +2
FantasySharks (3)
FFToday (3)... +1
DFW (1)... -1
FFLW (4)
TheHuddle (4)... -2
Guru (2)

With DFW doubling their presence in the Champions Tier it truly makes this a 5 Board race, true DFW lost a spot in the Veterans Tier but Scorp(28-28) is only out of it by a points tiebreaker and if LSUMark(26-30) can get on a run in the Rookie Tier they might really make some noise.
Controlled Destruction(SO) 48-8 got some breathing at the tippy top for the Individual Champions race leading Lab(Sharks) 43-13, Stewburtx8(FFT) 42-14 at the crowded top where 10 games separate the top nine teams.
Fantasy Sharks have enough players in both tiers(8) just like SportsOutlaw while FootballGuys need to turn it up at 7 players.
SportsOutlaw's team this year could be almost construed as "Systematic Chaos" since they threw together a team in the two weeks before this whole endeavour started way back in July.

Could they unite as a rag-tag crew that wins it all just like TheHuddle did a few years ago? Oh man, this just gets better and better!!!!
AFter another mediocre week, it looks like we lost a little more ground. :(

Let's pound the wire this week.

QB

Pryor - 5 of 6 weeks have been 18.5 pts or better

Tannehill - Been good for 15 to 20 every week

Locker - Has a nice schedule coming up

RB

Brown - May be the guy in Indy

James - Looked good in Tampa. Might be a decent play after Seattle

Starks - If you have lacy, you should have Starks

CJ Anderson - If you've got space to burn

Tolbert - Little upside and Stewart will be back soon, but could be a plug in this week

WR

Royal - Floating around again. Play Wash this week

Dodson - Seems to have taken over for Thompkins

Ginn - Gets one homerun ball a week, 50/50 as to whether he catches it. May be the WR2 in Carolina now and will be needed vs. NO x 2 down the stretch

McCuster - Momentum gaining

Burleson - may be back in two weeks

Drew Davis - This really may be the guy to have in Atl

TE

Finley - Haven't seen a time table, but he's out there

D

Tenn - Has Jax twice coming up

I'd clear your calendar for Thursday at 11am. We could see Den and SF Ks and Ds hit the wire this week. I likely will be cutting NE D as I added Tenn and Denver last week when they hit the wire. There's only four more weeks until playoffs, so start tweaking your roster. That said, it's extra important to stay out of the waterboy tier.

Scott Chandler is available for someone in need...............sinrman?

Would have to have an early waiver wire pick..........sinrman?

Maybe a guy with his TE on bye.........sinrman?

Someone with a guy on IR to drop.........sinrman?

Sorry, I have to much time on my hands today. :2cents:

Replacing Gibson on my roster, have a claim in for McCluster, Ginn, Riley Cooper (seems to put up decent numbers with FOles) in that order.

Scott Chandler is available for someone in need...............sinrman?

Would have to have an early waiver wire pick..........sinrman?

Maybe a guy with his TE on bye.........sinrman?

Someone with a guy on IR to drop.........sinrman?

Sorry, I have to much time on my hands today. :2cents:
Yes, yes. Was trying to get Chandler before I even read this, but it won't let me.

im rolling the dice boys with Jason Campbell this week...lots of other options out there still available.....

anybody want to talk me out of the insanity...?

I see him chucking it 40 times this week....their run game sucks...I like Cam and Gordon....I'd take 280/2 and be happy

Jason ####### Campbell baby...!

Decided to pass on Nelson and his surgically repaired knee or whatever, and took Hakeem Nicks who will hopefully survive the season.
well this sure was a disaster.

Jordy Nelson WR6

Hakeem Nicks WR35
Lesson learned... WR1 on team with QB who has been throwing the most TDs the last couple of years >>> then WR2 on team with QB not named Rodgers

eta - You weren't in the minority, FBG staff rankings had Nicks higher.

Decided to pass on Nelson and his surgically repaired knee or whatever, and took Hakeem Nicks who will hopefully survive the season.

Jordy Nelson WR6

Hakeem Nicks WR35
Lesson learned... WR1 on team with QB who has been throwing the most TDs the last couple of years >>> then WR2 on team with QB not named Rodgers

I didn't expect Eli and the Giants to turn into a dumpster fire and Nelson was injured at the time. Should have gone with the better player/situation over what I thought was the safer pick.

Jordy Nelson WR6

Hakeem Nicks WR35

I didn't expect Eli and the Giants to turn into a dumpster fire and Nelson was injured at the time. Should have gone with the better player/situation over what I thought was the safer pick.
I don't think many of us expected that. I wasn't giving you grief. You're last line is something we all need to remember in the future.

Argh. This thing is so screwed. When I tried to grab Chandler, the site wouldn't let me. Now when I finally get a chance again, he's gone and I'm forced to pick someone else up.

On top of that, I had submitted a lineup earlier in the week and just now realized I had selected Gibson as one of them for some stupid reason. So I'm getting a big goose egg for him!

Users who are viewing this thread