What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obamacare: Obama just straight up lied to you, in your face (3 Viewers)

I got nervous last night seeing the headline that Congress was getting ready to repeal ACA...but it turns out it will be a bill to repeal the device tax- apparently that's the only thing Republicans could agree on by themselves to send to Obama's desk for a veto.

So I'm still safe. After November and all of their announcements how a repeal of Obamacare was going to be "first thing on their list!" I was pretty certain I'd be writing a check out to tommyboy any day. But it's already June and nothing has happened. Putting aside the wager, it's extraordinary how ineffective this Republican congress has been.

I got nervous last night seeing the headline that Congress was getting ready to repeal ACA...but it turns out it will be a bill to repeal the device tax- apparently that's the only thing Republicans could agree on by themselves to send to Obama's desk for a veto.

So I'm still safe. After November and all of their announcements how a repeal of Obamacare was going to be "first thing on their list!" I was pretty certain I'd be writing a check out to tommyboy any day. But it's already June and nothing has happened. Putting aside the wager, it's extraordinary how ineffective this Republican congress has been.
All judgements aside, it is worth noting that while the ACA was created by reconciliation, it's apparently not allowed to be repealed by reconciliation.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/republicans-obamacare-repeal-118472.html

Last edited by a moderator:

All judgements aside, it is worth noting that while the ACA was created by reconciliation, it's apparently not allowed to be repealed by reconciliation.

Thats a fascinating article, thanks.

Looks like it wasn't "11.7 million" insured via the exchanges. 1.5 million never paid for it. Enrollment currently at 10.2m (and shrinking).
Just to be clear, the report that CMS released today and referenced in your link was through March 31st, not current. Although to be fair that number is roughly what is expected now anyway so while I'm nit picking this isn't refuting any fact. Now as for tone...
Yes, that number is from the end of March. From there, I'm just kinda guessing that as many people have had a qualifying event and joined the ranks of those covered via the exchange as have canceled their coverage.

It's interesting because the original projection was 13m, and 24m next year. No chance that either of those numbers are hit.

The creator of this thread is not going to be pleased with your misrepresentation of how the ACA was passed in the senate. Of course the house votes for the ACA were very likely dependent on the separate Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.

Looks like it wasn't "11.7 million" insured via the exchanges. 1.5 million never paid for it. Enrollment currently at 10.2m (and shrinking).
Just to be clear, the report that CMS released today and referenced in your link was through March 31st, not current. Although to be fair that number is roughly what is expected now anyway so while I'm nit picking this isn't refuting any fact. Now as for tone...
Yes, that number is from the end of March. From there, I'm just kinda guessing that as many people have had a qualifying event and joined the ranks of those covered via the exchange as have canceled their coverage.

It's interesting because the original projection was 13m, and 24m next year. No chance that either of those numbers are hit.
Well the CBO projected that 58 million (non seniors) would be uninsured in 2015 absent the ACA and the ACA would reduce the number by 20 million for 38 million uninsured. Using RAND's February numbers for those 18 to 64 the number uninsured was 25.8 and then adding the Urban Institute's (older Jun 2014) 7 million children and the 32,8 million uninsured is certainly better than the 38 million projected. Of course there are issues with mixing and matching these numbers but the CDC number of 36,8 for the first 9 months of 2014 seems ballpark.*

So if the number of uninsured is really fewer than the Feb 2013 CBO projection then I'm not so sure it is a negative that the mix is off - assuming its not all Medicaid. Assuming that 33 million is ballpark for the number uninsured for 2015 then while an additional 12 million on the market place in 2016 is unlikely, 3 million gaining insurance for 2 million less uninsured seems less of a reach.

Of course (for Saints) the census bureau alone was responsible for about 6 million fewer uninsured between 2012 and 2013, ;)

*For those interested an example of the concerns with mixing and matching numbers is that the RAND number finds a growth in ESI of about 8 million that doesn't seem repeated in other surveys (except Snogger's employer) and is about 8 million off from the CBO projection.

Assuming that the ACA sticks around for a while and that there will be individuals shopping for their own coverage then Health Insurance Literacy (HIL) will be important. Otherwise the newly insured will keep using the ER as their primary care.

Some nuggets

• We found that newly enrolled individuals were more knowledgeable about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) than the remaining uninsured [this one could be abused.]
  • almost 90 percent of marketplace enrollees wanted more information about how to use their coverage.
  • Simply providing written information in plain language is not enough to move the needle on HIL.

Assuming that the ACA sticks around for a while and that there will be individuals shopping for their own coverage then Health Insurance Literacy (HIL) will be important. Otherwise the newly insured will keep using the ER as their primary care.

Some nuggets

• We found that newly enrolled individuals were more knowledgeable about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) than the remaining uninsured [this one could be abused.]
  • almost 90 percent of marketplace enrollees wanted more information about how to use their coverage.
  • Simply providing written information in plain language is not enough to move the needle on HIL.
Pretty sure everyone is aware how they got screwed by the ACA.

MaxThreshold said:
Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Some nuggets

Pretty sure everyone is aware how they got screwed by the ACA.
Everyone didn't get screwed. There were winners and losers.

timschochet said:

edit - nevermind, not worth the time.

Some nuggets

Yeah, education seems to be lacking. I was sorta bewildered by the lack of knowledge, but then tried to think back to when I first got my own insurance. It's really not as logical or straight forward as one would think. I had to learn a lot about insurance, my plan, how it worked, what was covered etc. Sometimes it felt like an exercise in futility because (like the tax code) it seemed there were always a ton of exceptions to the general rule. All these caveats made it maddening to try and figure out what the charges were going to be.

matttyl said:
matttyl said:

Well the CBO projected that 58 million (non seniors) would be uninsured in 2015 absent the ACA and the ACA would reduce the number by 20 million for 38 million uninsured. Using RAND's February numbers for those 18 to 64 the number uninsured was 25.8 and then adding the Urban Institute's (older Jun 2014) 7 million children and the 32,8 million uninsured is certainly better than the 38 million projected. Of course there are issues with mixing and matching these numbers but the CDC number of 36,8 for the first 9 months of 2014 seems ballpark.*

So if the number of uninsured is really fewer than the Feb 2013 CBO projection then I'm not so sure it is a negative that the mix is off - assuming its not all Medicaid. Assuming that 33 million is ballpark for the number uninsured for 2015 then while an additional 12 million on the market place in 2016 is unlikely, 3 million gaining insurance for 2 million less uninsured seems less of a reach.

Of course (for Saints) the census bureau alone was responsible for about 6 million fewer uninsured between 2012 and 2013, ;)

*For those interested an example of the concerns with mixing and matching numbers is that the RAND number finds a growth in ESI of about 8 million that doesn't seem repeated in other surveys (except Snogger's employer) and is about 8 million off from the CBO projection.
I guess what I can't seem to follow is that they didn't hit their goal of exchange enrollment, employer coverage (except for the RAND survey) doesn't show a huge gain in size, but they were still able to reduce the projected number of uninsured by "nearly 20 million"? That just goes to show you that they far overestimated the number of uninsured before the ACA, and I honestly believe are now underestimating it. As I said before, the change in the total number of uninsured due to the ACA is likely in the 12m range - which is nothing to scoff at, but isn't what was "projected".

Tim, remember those "short term plans" that I talked about a few months ago? These are the "non-compliant" plans carriers are offering where the individual would still be subject to the individual penalty. You also have to answer medical questions, and may be declined due to a "pre-exisiting condition". You said that they wouldn't catch on because they aren't compliant and the plans don't offer the "benefits" of the ACA.

Their sales were up over 100% last year, and seem to be up again this year.

Since these plans are still "underwritten", they are "cherry picking" the typically young and healthy folks out of the ACA market and leaving it older and sicker on average. 57% of their enrollees are between 18 and 34 (exactly what the ACA needs for their pools to remain stable). One website alone (eHealth) sold 140k of them last year and say their sales are up again this year - and I fully believe this trend will continue. Do you think these plans should be outlawed?

I don't know. I think what I wrote earlier is that if they hurt ACA I hoped they wouldn't succeed. As to whether or not they should be legal I'm not sure.

matttyl said:
matttyl said:

Quick question in all this...it's hard to tell, but is the overestimation of uninsured that was initially used "way back when" factored in here? This is one of the problems I have with comparing projections of year X vs projections several years away...especially when one finds a significant error after projection X has been made.

I don't know. I think what I wrote earlier is that if they hurt ACA I hoped they wouldn't succeed. As to whether or not they should be legal I'm not sure.
You can hope for whatever. I hope people don't shoot one another or drink and drive, but that's not going to do anything and certainly alone won't stop either.

I've sold some of these types of plans to people (obviously all fairly healthy, and all were under age 40). To many, they are a great deal. I'll use myself as an example - I just looked up a 34 year old male on eHealth (which doesn't even have the carrier that I use for short term plans) and I found 11 plans under $100 a month, and 8 of those 11 have a deductible of 2,500 or less. One even had a $500 deductible. The cheapest "compliant" health plan on eHealth for me was $209 a month, and it has a $6,000 deductible. If I want a deductible in the same $2,500 or less range as the short term plans, my premium is now at 283 a month, over 3x higher than the short term option.

There is obviously a huge market for this, and is not a very well known product anyway. I feel the growth in these products is only going to increase, especially if the ACA plans do in fact end up with 10-20% (or higher) premium increases next year. These are really siphoning off the young and healthy that would help the ACA pools, but are we going to ban them from being sold?

You can hope for whatever. I hope people don't shoot one another or drink and drive, but that's not going to do anything and certainly alone won't stop either.

I've sold some of these types of plans to people (obviously all fairly healthy, and all were under age 40). To many, they are a great deal. I'll use myself as an example - I just looked up a 34 year old male on eHealth (which doesn't even have the carrier that I use for short term plans) and I found 11 plans under $100 a month, and 8 of those 11 have a deductible of 2,500 or less. One even had a $500 deductible. The cheapest "compliant" health plan on eHealth for me was $209 a month, and it has a $6,000 deductible. If I want a deductible in the same $2,500 or less range as the short term plans, my premium is now at 283 a month, over 3x higher than the short term option.

There is obviously a huge market for this, and is not a very well known product anyway. I feel the growth in these products is only going to increase, especially if the ACA plans do in fact end up with 10-20% (or higher) premium increases next year. These are really siphoning off the young and healthy that would help the ACA pools, but are we going to ban them from being sold?
God forbid if people have a choice. I think Tim has now gone left of TGunz.

Some nuggets

Yeah, education seems to be lacking. I was sorta bewildered by the lack of knowledge, but then tried to think back to when I first got my own insurance. It's really not as logical or straight forward as one would think. I had to learn a lot about insurance, my plan, how it worked, what was covered etc. Sometimes it felt like an exercise in futility because (like the tax code) it seemed there were always a ton of exceptions to the general rule. All these caveats made it maddening to try and figure out what the charges were going to be.
As an insurance professional you would be stunned at the percentage of people that can't mentally grasp the concept of a deductible. I had to have a guy removed from the premises one time because I was "stealing from him" and he went nuts.

$5000 repair gave him a check for $4500 and told give the shop his $500 deductible. No amount of explaining could convince this guy that I hadn't taken 500 bucks from him and that he would have to pay that 500 bucks again to get his car fixed.

This happens ALL the time. People buy insurance and have NO idea what they are buying. That is why people get so upset with insurance companies a lot of the times, unrealistic mis matched expectations.

People freak when they didn't buy rental car coverage, it has to be 1000 times worse when you can't get the medical procedure you thought you had even though it was your ignorance that caused the problem.

I think a lot of the problems with understanding a complex contract at least in property casualty is caused by the reduction of Agents. I don't know how prevalent brokers are in health insurance but companies that are cheap like Geico and Progressive without agents and a lot of the internet purchasing has really reduced the ability to get answers. If you have an agent they are there to explain what is covered and it is binding. Sometimes it is a long process before making a major purchase which pretty much flies in the face of our culture. Americans will agonize over what features on car to purchase for weeks and shop around but gleefully walk into a insurance office and asked for the cheapest full coverage you have and then be stunned when they bought a crappy policy.

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not quite as simple as that and I think you know it.

I was opposed to ACA because I didn't think there was any way to pay for ultimately. With ACA we as a society essentially decided to do two things: 1. Allow people who were too poor to gain healthcare insurance access to the system. 2. Allow those with pre-existing conditions to get health care insurance at the same cost as everyone else. These two things, ESPECIALLY the second one, cost a lot of money. How to get that money? By mandating that everyone has to buy insurance, particularly young and healthy people.

You remove the young and healthys from the equation, and the whole system falls apart. We can't afford to pay for pre-existing conditions. Insurance costs have to either skyrocket or the government has to support the system with more subsidies. That's the system we've chosen and we're not getting rid of it. We're stuck. So yeah, given that, I don't want to see young and healthys bail out.

It's not quite as simple as that and I think you know it.

I was opposed to ACA because I didn't think there was any way to pay for ultimately. With ACA we as a society essentially decided to do two things: 1. Allow people who were too poor to gain healthcare insurance access to the system. 2. Allow those with pre-existing conditions to get health care insurance at the same cost as everyone else. These two things, ESPECIALLY the second one, cost a lot of money. How to get that money? By mandating that everyone has to buy insurance, particularly young and healthy people.

You remove the young and healthys from the equation, and the whole system falls apart. We can't afford to pay for pre-existing conditions. Insurance costs have to either skyrocket or the government has to support the system with more subsidies. That's the system we've chosen and we're not getting rid of it. We're stuck. So yeah, given that, I don't want to see young and healthys bail out.
You mean the young/healthy individual policy purchasers who make 3x+ the poverty line. The majority in the corporate world aren't footing this bill.

Interesting read on the state exchange of Vermont, perhaps one of the most left leaning states in the country. They had hopes for running their own small universal health care system (haven't yet, they were going to give the ACA a try on the way to universal care)...

"Under the single-payer law that the Vermont Legislature passed in 2011, the state was to seek a waiver in 2017 to trade its insurance exchange for the government-run system. Most of its 625,000 residents would be eligible for a uniform package of benefits under that system, which would be financed with a mix of state and federal funds. But Mr. Shumlin and his advisers concluded the plan would require “enormous” new taxes, including an 11.5 percent payroll tax on all Vermont businesses and a sliding-scale income tax of up to 9.5 percent. In all, he said when he announced that he was shelving it, the plan would require about $2.5 billion in additional revenue in its first year, in a state that raises only about $2.7 billion in taxes annually."

"They don’t like the way this is working and want to go back to the old way.” "“I think it’s time to pull the plug, because it may just be an unending money pit.”"(coming from Vermonters, that's interesting to hear)

Lawrence Miller, the state’s chief of health care reform - Pointing out that Vermont’s was not the only state-based exchange to still be struggling, he added, “I talk to my colleagues elsewhere and, good God, this just wasn’t set up for success.”

Good morning everybody. Sad to relate that my brother passed away last night. He had been in hospice for a couple of weeks, so this was not unexpected. At least he's out of pain.

Many of you in this thread over the last couple years not only offered me kind words but also some very useful advice. Thank you for that and I'm very grateful.

Good morning everybody. Sad to relate that my brother passed away last night. He had been in hospice for a couple of weeks, so this was not unexpected. At least he's out of pain.

Many of you in this thread over the last couple years not only offered me kind words but also some very useful advice. Thank you for that and I'm very grateful.
Extremely sorry for your loss, Tim. My condolences to you and your family.

Tim - Terribly sorry to hear this news. I wish you and your family the best in getting through this horrible event.

So sorry to hear Tim. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I fear I'll be in the same boat shortly as my uncle's in pretty bad shape also.

timschochet said:

So sorry!

timschochet said:

:( :( condolences to you and yours

Tim, I just read this. I am so sorry. You and your family have my prayers, thoughts and best wishes today. Take care and I hope the very best for you all recovering from this in the near future.

Tomboy never disappoints.

What we need to do is look at what works for other countries and adopt them here. France has a combination public private system, but profit is not a good system for healthcare, it works for some things and public systems work for others.

We spend double the rest of the world and triple what Japan spends.

I would have passed medicare for all when Obama first took office, letting those under 65 buy in at cost, making it harder to demonize because people know what it is for the most part.

It's a god but not great system but a lot better than insurance companies.

What we need to do is look at what works for other countries and adopt them here. France has a combination public private system, but profit is not a good system for healthcare, it works for some things and public systems work for others.

I would have passed medicare for all when Obama first took office, letting those under 65 buy in at cost, making it harder to demonize because people know what it is for the most part.

How about you move to France instead of us adopting the failed Socialism of Europe? Aren't you supposed to be in Canada anyways?

Point: Feds consider expanding Pioneer ACO program after $384M in savings

An Obamacare experiment to lower health-care costs may expand after recording more than $384 million in savings in its first two years, Health & Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell said Monday.

The department is now considering how to broaden the program to other parts of Medicare. The efforts saved about $300 per Medicare beneficiary per year, Burwell said. Known as Pioneer accountable care organizations, the program seeks to reduce spending by better managing care for Medicare patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes.

“An innovative payment model created as a pilot project by the Affordable Care Act generated substantial savings to Medicare,” Burwell said in a speech at the American Hospital Association conference in Washington. “The model has delivered high-quality patient care without limiting coverage or benefits.”
Counterpoint: Accountable Care Organizations: Did they Reduce Medical Costs in One Year?

The April 16 New England Journal of Medicine article... concludes that 32 nationally recognized medical care organizations—selected by CMS as “Pioneer Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)” – saved 1.2% in health care spending contrasted to a sample of other medical organizations that are not comparable (as we shall explain)...

The comparison group was comprised of medical organizations not selected as “Pioneer Accountable Care Organizations” and experienced a different reward system. This is an important distinction when the hypothesized reason for the differences is that the Pioneer group received financial incentives for lowering costs.

The small differences between the groups (1.2%) appear uncertain in comparison to what might have happened anyway given the irreconcilable differences between the winners (the study group) and the losers (the controls). This is the very definition of non-trivial selection bias that is unmentioned in the limitations of the report. Actually, there are two forms of selection bias here—both volunteer and “cream of the crop” selection. That is, 1. The ACOs had to apply for Pioneer ACO status via a formal proposal; and 2. Then, CMS selected the most desirable ACOs from the “winning” candidates. In other words, CMS, the leader of the initiative, selected these ACOs from a large field of applicants because they were judged to “have experience offering coordinated, patient centered care, … and offering… quality care to their patients, along with other criteria listed in the Request for Applications (RFA) document available at www.innovations.cms.gov.” (This is not mentioned in the study.)

Despite Herculean statistical attempts to level the playing field in this observational study, the possibility exists that dozens of unmeasured factors may have been responsible for the less-than-overwhelming 1.2 % “savings,” such as the understandable inclination of the ACOs to delay cost saving measures until they are paid for.

Perhaps this national experiment worked? Or maybe it didn’t (consistent with international systematic reviews of related studies of pay-for-performance). But shall we base policy on tiny and possibly spurious results? (The rapid drop-out from the program of over a third of the ACOs raises other questions of efficacy and failure.)

The finding that the most expensive ACOs before the program reduced costs the most after the ACO contract began sounds very much like a statistical bias called regression to the mean. This is akin to saying groups of students who score poorly on an initial test, score better the next time. But, alas, it is a well-known statistical artifact that has been proven literally millions of times: “what goes up, comes down; what starts low, looks better on the re-test.” While it’s true that the authors sought to address this bias in a statistical appendix, one could argue that even a very small and undetectable bias could derail such a tiny reported savings.

Furthermore, even assuming that the 1.2% savings are real, what was the unmeasured investment for this national program – a limitation fully acknowledged by the authors. Should we be better informed before we support additional incentive payments suggested by the authors? Should we also include the costs of implementation to government, medical organizations and patients? These expenses may exceed any small savings—this is especially relevant in what is the most costly healthcare system in the world.
Apologize if this subject has already been addressed. I scanned through the last few pages and didn't see it.

So sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers, man.

Really sorry to hear that Tim.

Sending prayers to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss Tim.

Can you tell me how great Medicare would be if people didn't buy supplements from insurance companies?

Point: Feds consider expanding Pioneer ACO program after $384M in savings

An Obamacare experiment to lower health-care costs may expand after recording more than $384 million in savings in its first two years, Health & Human Services Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell said Monday.

The department is now considering how to broaden the program to other parts of Medicare. The efforts saved about $300 per Medicare beneficiary per year, Burwell said. Known as Pioneer accountable care organizations, the program seeks to reduce spending by better managing care for Medicare patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes.

“An innovative payment model created as a pilot project by the Affordable Care Act generated substantial savings to Medicare,” Burwell said in a speech at the American Hospital Association conference in Washington. “The model has delivered high-quality patient care without limiting coverage or benefits.”
Counterpoint: Accountable Care Organizations: Did they Reduce Medical Costs in One Year?

The April 16 New England Journal of Medicine article... concludes that 32 nationally recognized medical care organizations—selected by CMS as “Pioneer Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)” – saved 1.2% in health care spending contrasted to a sample of other medical organizations that are not comparable (as we shall explain)...

The comparison group was comprised of medical organizations not selected as “Pioneer Accountable Care Organizations” and experienced a different reward system. This is an important distinction when the hypothesized reason for the differences is that the Pioneer group received financial incentives for lowering costs.

The small differences between the groups (1.2%) appear uncertain in comparison to what might have happened anyway given the irreconcilable differences between the winners (the study group) and the losers (the controls). This is the very definition of non-trivial selection bias that is unmentioned in the limitations of the report. Actually, there are two forms of selection bias here—both volunteer and “cream of the crop” selection. That is, 1. The ACOs had to apply for Pioneer ACO status via a formal proposal; and 2. Then, CMS selected the most desirable ACOs from the “winning” candidates. In other words, CMS, the leader of the initiative, selected these ACOs from a large field of applicants because they were judged to “have experience offering coordinated, patient centered care, … and offering… quality care to their patients, along with other criteria listed in the Request for Applications (RFA) document available at www.innovations.cms.gov.” (This is not mentioned in the study.)

Despite Herculean statistical attempts to level the playing field in this observational study, the possibility exists that dozens of unmeasured factors may have been responsible for the less-than-overwhelming 1.2 % “savings,” such as the understandable inclination of the ACOs to delay cost saving measures until they are paid for.

Perhaps this national experiment worked? Or maybe it didn’t (consistent with international systematic reviews of related studies of pay-for-performance). But shall we base policy on tiny and possibly spurious results? (The rapid drop-out from the program of over a third of the ACOs raises other questions of efficacy and failure.)

The finding that the most expensive ACOs before the program reduced costs the most after the ACO contract began sounds very much like a statistical bias called regression to the mean. This is akin to saying groups of students who score poorly on an initial test, score better the next time. But, alas, it is a well-known statistical artifact that has been proven literally millions of times: “what goes up, comes down; what starts low, looks better on the re-test.” While it’s true that the authors sought to address this bias in a statistical appendix, one could argue that even a very small and undetectable bias could derail such a tiny reported savings.

Furthermore, even assuming that the 1.2% savings are real, what was the unmeasured investment for this national program – a limitation fully acknowledged by the authors. Should we be better informed before we support additional incentive payments suggested by the authors? Should we also include the costs of implementation to government, medical organizations and patients? These expenses may exceed any small savings—this is especially relevant in what is the most costly healthcare system in the world.
Apologize if this subject has already been addressed. I scanned through the last few pages and didn't see it.
I don't get it. Didn't TGunz point to this as a shining example of how well the ACA was working?

Obama is already somewhat blasting the supreme court in anticipation of a ruling on subsidies, whether law intended to NOT subsidies state run exchanges. I thought that was intentionally written in the law as Gruber admitted. How can Obama say that is not the intent now?

Obama is already somewhat blasting the supreme court in anticipation of a ruling on subsidies, whether law intended to NOT subsidies state run exchanges. I thought that was intentionally written in the law as Gruber admitted. How can Obama say that is not the intent now?
The law's intent or not, I don't think Obama as President should be discussing what cases the Supreme Court should and shouldn't be taking on. That isn't his place.

How is that Hawaii exchange coming along?
So is this correct, that the following state exchanges have been shut down?

Hawaii, Oregon, Massachusetts, Maryland, Vermont, New Mexico and Nevada.

If this is correct, why? What does it mean, and then what do the people having coverage through those exchanges do next?

How is that Hawaii exchange coming along?
So is this correct, that the following state exchanges have been shut down?

Hawaii, Oregon, Massachusetts, Maryland, Vermont, New Mexico and Nevada.

If this is correct, why? What does it mean, and then what do the people having coverage through those exchanges do next?
I think that list of states is correct. I know Hawaii, Oregon, Maryland and Mass for sure. I think Vermont will be next to go, if they haven't already. The states realize that it's expensive to keep the state run exchange up and running, so they "revert back" to the federal exchange, healthcare.gov. The people having coverage via that exchange really don't need to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread