What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Seattle as the Next Great Sportstown? (1 Viewer)

The General said:
stay klassy, Seattle...

Rowdy fans outside Seahawks games are hardly anything new to Seattle police.

But one officer's encounter Sunday with a reportedly unruly group has prompted an apology and an internal investigation by the Bellevue Police Department.

Bellevue police confirmed Tuesday the department has opened an investigation into an "altercation" involving three off-duty Bellevue officers who reportedly confronted a Seattle police officer outside CenturyLink Stadium before Sunday's game.

Seattle police Assistant Chief Jim Pugel said a uniformed female officer was on duty at the intersection of Third Avenue South and Royal Brougham Way when one member of a group walking past her threw litter on the ground. The officer approached them and asked that they pick up the discarded item reported to be a beer cup and put it in a trash can, Pugel said.

Pugel said the Seattle officer was not attempting to make an arrest or issue a ticket. Rather, he said, she merely had asked as a courtesy "that they not litter in our city."

Pugel said some members of the group turned and began to berate the officer. At least two "identified themselves as Bellevue police officers," he said.

"They called her names and surrounded her," Pugel said. None of the officers involved was identified.

According to a source familiar with the incident, who asked not to be named, another Seattle officer became so concerned that she called for backup. Additional officers, a sergeant and a lieutenant responded.

Pugel said the supervisors were also sworn at and taunted by members of the unruly group.

The source said the off-duty Bellevue officers and their companions appeared to be intoxicated and flashed their badges.

The Bellevue officers were allowed to go on their way with no arrests or citations, said Seattle police spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb. No reports were written about the incident "because no crime was committed," he said.

Pugel said he called Bellevue Police Chief Linda Pillo after the incident was reported to him by the female officer's commander.

Pillo, in a prepared statement released Tuesday, said she has ordered the department's Office of Professional Standards to investigate.

"I personally called the Seattle officer involved to offer my sincere apology on behalf of the department, and made it clear that if there was any unacceptable behavior by our officers, in NO WAY does this reflect who we are as an organization," the chief said in the statement. "This is a rare anomaly in our department and it is disappointing."
Oh heavens, a few people were total aholes after a football game. What a depraved place. I'm sure your team's fans all gather for tea and sing songs.
Seattle fans are the epitome of new money.

General Malaise said:
The General said:
Some serious jealousy from Portland in here. Why are you so angry down there?
We're not. How's your basketball team doing this year?
I don't mind the Blazers. Nice little team maybe win a round in the playoffs. Why the hostility little Portland brother?

General Malaise said:
Henry Ford said:
General Malaise said:
The General said:
Some serious jealousy from Portland in here. Why are you so angry down there?
We're not. How's your basketball team doing this year?
Haven't you seen? They're in first place in the West.
Well, the good news is, Mariner baseball is JUST around the corner. 182 games of sub 300 OBP and yet another new manager.
Wish the team were better. But sitting in the sun on a nice summer day drinking a beer watching a game is still nice. Come on up.

The General said:
stay klassy, Seattle...

But one officer's encounter Sunday with a reportedly unruly group has prompted an apology and an internal investigation by the Bellevue Police Department.

Bellevue police confirmed Tuesday the department has opened an investigation into an "altercation" involving three off-duty Bellevue officers who reportedly confronted a Seattle police officer outside CenturyLink Stadium before Sunday's game.

Seattle police Assistant Chief Jim Pugel said a uniformed female officer was on duty at the intersection of Third Avenue South and Royal Brougham Way when one member of a group walking past her threw litter on the ground. The officer approached them and asked that they pick up the discarded item reported to be a beer cup and put it in a trash can, Pugel said.

Pugel said the Seattle officer was not attempting to make an arrest or issue a ticket. Rather, he said, she merely had asked as a courtesy "that they not litter in our city."

Pugel said some members of the group turned and began to berate the officer. At least two "identified themselves as Bellevue police officers," he said.

"They called her names and surrounded her," Pugel said. None of the officers involved was identified.

According to a source familiar with the incident, who asked not to be named, another Seattle officer became so concerned that she called for backup. Additional officers, a sergeant and a lieutenant responded.

Pugel said the supervisors were also sworn at and taunted by members of the unruly group.

The source said the off-duty Bellevue officers and their companions appeared to be intoxicated and flashed their badges.

The Bellevue officers were allowed to go on their way with no arrests or citations, said Seattle police spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb. No reports were written about the incident "because no crime was committed," he said.

Pugel said he called Bellevue Police Chief Linda Pillo after the incident was reported to him by the female officer's commander.

Pillo, in a prepared statement released Tuesday, said she has ordered the department's Office of Professional Standards to investigate.

"I personally called the Seattle officer involved to offer my sincere apology on behalf of the department, and made it clear that if there was any unacceptable behavior by our officers, in NO WAY does this reflect who we are as an organization," the chief said in the statement. "This is a rare anomaly in our department and it is disappointing."
Oh heavens, a few people were total aholes after a football game. What a depraved place. I'm sure your team's fans all gather for tea and sing songs.
*cough* Timbers *cough*

The General said:
stay klassy, Seattle...

*cough* Timbers *cough*
Ducks would have been a better retort, honestly. And don't the Timbers kinda OWN your little Sounder team? Ducks own Huskies, Timbers own Sounders, Winterhawks own whatever minor league hockey team you have up north (Thunderhawks? Superhawks? Seadogs?). You gotta be glad Portland doesn't have an NFL team or we'd own that too. ;)

I'm just busting balls. I like Seattle fine. I think Seahawks fans are pretty debase, but I'm a Cowboys fan. I have little room to talk in that regard. :bag:

The General said:
stay klassy, Seattle...

In all honesty, I don't think my team's fans are sober enough to form the words to insult someone after a game.

How many basketball players are actually from Oregon? Not a lot of diversity down there from what I could tell.

The General said:
stay klassy, Seattle...

*cough* Timbers *cough*
Ducks would have been a better retort, honestly. And don't the Timbers kinda OWN your little Sounder team? Ducks own Huskies, Timbers own Sounders, Winterhawks own whatever minor league hockey team you have up north (Thunderhawks? Superhawks? Seadogs?). You gotta be glad Portland doesn't have an NFL team or we'd own that too. ;)

I'm just busting balls. I like Seattle fine. I think Seahawks fans are pretty debase, but I'm a Cowboys fan. I have little room to talk in that regard. :bag:
I figured you were kidding around (as I was). Northwesterners gotta stick together. NBA eventually will make it back up here and then it's on again!

Cowboys though? You're on your own there!

~700,000 in downtown seattle for the parade today. Metro Seattle area only has about 650,000 people.

BOTH Century Link and Safeco Field are filled to overflow for the 'rally' after this parade.

Might be the most packed Safeco will get all year. :bowtie:

~700,000 in downtown seattle for the parade today. Metro Seattle area only has about 650,000 people.

BOTH Century Link and Safeco Field are filled to overflow for the 'rally' after this parade.

Lynch was riding on the Sea Gals duck boat throwing skittles at the crowds. The parade was mildly entertaining. I watched it from my office, didn't feel like rubbing shoulders with the riff raff.

The rest are probably from your sister metro area in Oklahoma City.

That would be your Seattle Sounders, the runaway best team in the MLS, fresh off a pounding of the Timbers.

Even the Mariners are decent. It's a Festivus miracle.

stay klassy, Seattle...

*cough* Timbers *cough*

I figured you were kidding around (as I was). Northwesterners gotta stick together. NBA eventually will make it back up here and then it's on again!Cowboys though? You're on your own there!
If NBA makes it back it could saturate the market and hurt the other teams.

Users who are viewing this thread