What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

I have to give big props to Matt Harmon. He was pimping for WR Allen Robison hard all offseason. I had him but was thinking about moving him but Harmon kept yammering on and on about him so I listened and held out. He was told by some media folks in Jacksonville that A-Rob was tearing it up in the offseason and was poised for a monster season.

Also if Bortles was a lil-better and could hit that corner fade then the 6'3 A-Rob would be a perfect RZ threat but it seems they don't use it. Not sure why but its maddening. I have to question the OC because that doesn't seem to be a staple of their RZ offense when it obviously should be. Instead they use the weak underneath stuff to Hurns or attempt to run it and we saw last night that strategy is limited.

I think Robinson has the talent to be a top-five WR but the situation is holding him back.
Same here, not sure if he posts on here but I ended up with A Rob on all three of my teams due entirely to Harmon's article. O/T but I remember him also being really high on Crabtree and Stevie Johnson (been at least decent when healthy) as well.

Don't think I could see him as top 5 but that's really just due to WR being so talented - assuming he's going a round or two later than the top end guys next year in redraft I will be very interested.
Not sure Matt posts here either but he just changed the tweet he had pinned to the top of his twitter page within the time I posted that yesterday to just now when I went to his twitter page:

----------------

Pinned Tweet

Matt Harmon ‏@MattHarmon_BYB Apr 25
NEW #ReceptionPerception: Allen Robinson is on the Precipice of a Massive Breakout http://bit.ly/1Jq1sUG

--------

The PINNED TWEET (I was actually scrolling back through his tweets yesterday looking for this specific tweet but couldn't find it)has a link to this article that he wrote back in April, too much to cut-and-paste and the article has charts with lots of comparative data with other top WRs so go to the link:

-------

http://www.thebackyardbanter.com/reception-perception-allen-robinson-is-quietly-on-the-precipice-of-a-massive-breakout.html

Reception Perception: Allen Robinson is Quietly on the Precipice of a Massive Breakout
By: Matt HarmonApril 25th, 2015

---------------------​
Right now he is still developing and so is Bortles and the rest of that young offense. Also I'm leery of the OC and how he isn't using A-Rob near the goal line as much as I think he should be so I think he does have the talent to turn into a top-five WR but he is still developing and the situation right now is holding him back IMHO.​
I don't think Harmon pining the tweet about A-Rob hours after I was looking for that specific tweet a coincidence. He posts on most WRs but he made more of a case for A-Rob and started beating the drum before anyone else.​
Add even if he doesn't post here I think he follows the boards.​

The knock on him if I remember correctly was that he was soft and wasn't aggressive enough. Last night on the long pass up the left side line, he out jumped 2 defenders and grabbed the ball out of the air. He is really developing into a weapon.
Hell of a catch

ARs over here pop like gold bottles. 1350 and 12 pace. He's turning into one of the better big play WRs in the game. There's still more room for growth. Jax rarely throws him jump balls in the endzone even though he routinely makes leaping catches with defenders draped all over him. I am not sure there's another WR as good as him with the ball in the air.

ARs over here pop like gold bottles. 1350 and 12 pace. He's turning into one of the better big play WRs in the game. There's still more room for growth. Jax rarely throws him jump balls in the endzone even though he routinely makes leaping catches with defenders draped all over him. I am not sure there's another WR as good as him with the ball in the air.
This is why I love him over every young WR besides OBJ. He owns every 50/50 - his or incomplete.

This is why I love him over every young WR besides OBJ. He owns every 50/50 - his or incomplete.
He's what people thought Mike Evans would be on 50/50 balls. Turns out any pass that hits Evans' hands is a 50/50 ball.

He's what people thought Mike Evans would be on 50/50 balls. Turns out any pass that hits Evans' hands is a 50/50 ball.
:rimshot:

This was a good year to grab value by taking Jax WRs. Gonna be a lot more expensive next year in redrafts.
I was fortunate enough to get him in 2/4 leagues.

Round 5 pick #12 in one league, knowing he would not be left there when it finally got back to me.

(that was the pick that saved my season ultimately in that league, after I snagged the rubbish collectively known as Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Hill and Russell Wilson earlier)

In another league, a 10 teamer I got him with the last pick of round 6.

The reason I bring this up, is so we can compare it to 2016 drafts.

I'm betting Allen Robinson is gone in the 3rd round next year.

I'm still hoping that there's a few guys dissuaded by the fact that hes a Jaguar, to help keep the heat off him.

Earlier this year, I remember distinctly.... one guy announcing at a big poker game I was in. "I'm not touching a single Jaguar this year".

Several around agreed, and they are all in my fantasy leagues.

They laughed when I picked up Allen Robinson in the fifth.

After week two, there were no more laughs.

We certainly won't be so lucky next year.

I'm thinking the late 3rd round is about right....you agree?

The more I have seen of the Jag games this year, I figure Robinson might fall off a tiny bit next year.

Hurns has been gimpy at times, and I guess the defense improves some.

With Hurns slated to miss this week, and possibly another, Robinson could well finish the season as a top 5 fantasy WR, as he is currently #6 I believe.

I'm not saying he bombs next year by any means, but I would think a top 14-15 fantasy WR or so might be more realistic.

(which would still be very strong, no matter how you shake it)

TZM

This was a good year to grab value by taking Jax WRs. Gonna be a lot more expensive next year in redrafts.
I was fortunate enough to get him in 2/4 leagues.

Round 5 pick #12 in one league, knowing he would not be left there when it finally got back to me.

(that was the pick that saved my season ultimately in that league, after I snagged the rubbish collectively known as Demaryius Thomas, Jeremy Hill and Russell Wilson earlier)

In another league, a 10 teamer I got him with the last pick of round 6.

The reason I bring this up, is so we can compare it to 2016 drafts.

I'm betting Allen Robinson is gone in the 3rd round next year.

I'm still hoping that there's a few guys dissuaded by the fact that hes a Jaguar, to help keep the heat off him.

Earlier this year, I remember distinctly.... one guy announcing at a big poker game I was in. "I'm not touching a single Jaguar this year".

Several around agreed, and they are all in my fantasy leagues.

They laughed when I picked up Allen Robinson in the fifth.

After week two, there were no more laughs.

We certainly won't be so lucky next year.

I'm thinking the late 3rd round is about right....you agree?

The more I have seen of the Jag games this year, I figure Robinson might fall off a tiny bit next year.

Hurns has been gimpy at times, and I guess the defense improves some.

With Hurns slated to miss this week, and possibly another, Robinson could well finish the season as a top 5 fantasy WR, as he is currently #6 I believe.

I'm not saying he bombs next year by any means, but I would think a top 14-15 fantasy WR or so might be more realistic.

(which would still be very strong, no matter how you shake it)

TZM
I think he will be next year's Deandre Hopkins. Third round pick that several drafters will hold their nose when taking him.

Who's better than this guy? Serious question. It's not a very long lost.
I honestly don't know. Hopkins from Houston?

... I think Robinson has the talent to be a top-five WR but the situation is holding him back.
... Don't think I could see him as top 5 but that's really just due to WR being so talented - assuming he's going a round or two later than the top end guys next year in redraft I will be very interested.
... Right now he is still developing and so is Bortles and the rest of that young offense. Also I'm leery of the OC and how he isn't using A-Rob near the goal line as much as I think he should be so I think he does have the talent to turn into a top-five WR but he is still developing and the situation right now is holding him back IMHO....
I still think he can improve. Turned 22 years old this summer. Looks very good right now.

I think its fair to say he is a top-five fantasy WR already and has potential to be a top-five NFL WR IMHO.

You aren't getting this guy in the late 3rd round in drafts next year. Let's just end that fantasy now.

So to be clear, I'm NOT stacking Bortles & ARob

But it doesn't suck when you start both on a day like today

I was fortunate enough to target and get him in both my money leagues and he's been my best pick by far. Spectacular player. His week in and week out consistency has been terrific. I'm curious where most see him from a dynasty/keeper perspective.....

In my standard league he's "5th" with 169 pts behind Beckham (170), Julio (170), Brown (170) and Hopkins (171). So essentially he's tied for the #1 fantasy wr....I was hoping for top 10 upside and he blew that away.

Still can't believe the Packers took Davante Adams over Robinson. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Still mad at my Eagles for taking Jordan Matthews over him.

They should've known, he played a couple hours away at Penn State. I graduated from there and he is easily the best WR I've ever seen since I've been watching.

Really happy he's having a such a breakout year. I feel like he's still flying under the radar because he's down there in Jacksonville. If he played for the Giants, Cowgirls or Packers we'd be hearing about this guy constantly by now.

Drafted before Allen Robinson:

Sammy Watkins WR Clemson 1 4 (4) Buffalo
Mike Evans WR Texas A&M 1 7 (7) Tampa Bay
Odell Beckham Jr. WR LSU 1 12 (12) NY Giants
Brandin Cooks WR Oregon State 1 20 (20) New Orleans
Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida State 1 28 (28) Carolina
Marqise Lee WR USC 2 7 (39) Jacksonville
Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt 2 10 (42) Philadelphia
Paul Richardson WR Colorado 2 13 (45) Seattle
Davante Adams WR Fresno State 2 21 (53) Green Bay
Cody Latimer WR Indiana 2 24 (56) Denver

I only see 1 guy I'd take before Robinson.

I see 6 that made sense in April 2014.

Ha not even the first WR drafted by JAX.

Lee?

I was fortunate enough to target and get him in both my money leagues and he's been my best pick by far. Spectacular player. His week in and week out consistency has been terrific. I'm curious where most see him from a dynasty/keeper perspective.....

In my standard league he's "5th" with 169 pts behind Beckham (170), Julio (170), Brown (170) and Hopkins (171). So essentially he's tied for the #1 fantasy wr....I was hoping for top 10 upside and he blew that away.
In a dynasty league, I would rank Robinson behind Beckham, A Brown, Julio, and Hopkins, and that's it. Sky is the limit for this kid.

What's not to like? Big plays, lots of receptions, can score TDs from in close, young, has a young gun slinging QB that really improved this year.........

Yeah, it would take a really good offer for me to give Robinson up in a dynasty. You can pencil WR1 production for the next 3-5 years easily.

In a dynasty league, I would rank Robinson behind Beckham, A Brown, Julio, and Hopkins, and that's it. Sky is the limit for this kid.

What's not to like? Big plays, lots of receptions, can score TDs from in close, young, has a young gun slinging QB that really improved this year.........

Yeah, it would take a really good offer for me to give Robinson up in a dynasty. You can pencil WR1 production for the next 3-5 years easily.
3-5 years? In 3 years he will be 25. Surely you aren't predicting him to decline in his 25-27 age seasons.

TheBottomLine said:
fightingillini said:
Banger said:

3-5 years? In 3 years he will be 25. Surely you aren't predicting him to decline in his 25-27 age seasons.
It's foolish to look further out than that in dynasty. I won't go past 3 years for RBs.

Users who are viewing this thread