What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Allen Robinson, Free Agent (1 Viewer)

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bears are not expected to agree to a contract extension with Allen Robinson before the tag extension deadline. 

Robinson is currently signed to the franchise tag, worth $18 million. The stud receiver has been pushing for a new deal over the past two years but Chicago has been unwilling to pay him top dollar. Assuming no deal gets done in the final hours of the extension window, Robinson will play out 2021 on the tag and prepare to hit the open market next year. The Bears could still choose to tag him again or both parties could come to an agreement before he talks to other teams in free agency. Robinson has racked up 2,397 receiving yards over the past two seasons despite slogging through some of the league's worst quarterback play. Justin Fields has the potential to be the best quarterback Robinson has caught passes from as soon as he earns the starting nod. If Fields exceeds expectations as a rookie, Robinson's value could hit a fevered pitch heading into the 2022 offseason.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jul 13, 2021, 4:09 PM ET

Yep. Saw that. But is that play calling or is that The Dalton effect? Better days will come once Fields takes over but hopefully he can get some volume in the mean time with lesser defenses than the Rams. 

I'm getting lots of trade interest in him for some reason

Just today i got offered Gaskin/Aiyouk for Robinson.

In my other league I got Swfit for Robinson straight up

But part of me just thinks he is going to blow up when fields takes the field.  

It shouldn't be part of you. You should be all in on him blowing up with Fields. 

killface said:

I'm a huge fan of Arob, have him in dynasty, and believe in the blow up with Fields... but I think I'd take both of those offers almost as fast as I could hit the button.

Allen Robinson caught 2-of-6 targets for 27 yards in Chicago's Weel 3 loss to Cleveland.

The good news is Robinson led the team with a 30% target share from Justin Fields. The bad news is it failed to matter for an anemic offense that totaled 47 yards with only six completions all afternoon. Robinson leads the Bears with 21 targets through three games but has only converted that opportunity into 10 catches for 86 yards and one score. With Fields (hand) undergoing X-rays post-game, Robinson may have no choice but to reunite with Nick Foles and continue fighting through the struggles of the team's quarterback(s) under center. A-Rob will check-in as a low-end WR2 against the Lions in Week 4 if Fields is able to play.

Soooo.... Time to panic? I think I have to bench him until Fields shows he can do something or Dalton returns. That was awful yesterday. 

Dynasty wise I own him pretty much everywhere. That is probably going to start changing.

Season wise I want to bench him, but its the Lions.... One more week i think.

scothawk said:
Dynasty wise I own him pretty much everywhere. That is probably going to start changing.

Season wise I want to bench him, but its the Lions.... One more week i think.

Lol, yeah he'll be so easy to trade.

I switched him out 10 mins before my deadline

This weeks project is to trade him wherever i can in dynasty.

I had him and MT together in multiple leagues. Ah well, Next.

Allen Robinson caught 3-of-3 targets for 63 yards in the Bears' Week 4 win over the Lions.

Justin Fields connected with Robinson for gains of 27 and 28 yards in the third quarter. Outside of an eight yard reception earlier in the game, those two plays accounted for Robinson's entire day. Robinson's three targets were good for an 18% target share in a Week where the Bears attempted just 17 passes. His fantasy managers will have to hope for additional passing volume when the Bears face the Raiders in Week 5. Robinson remains at least a WR3 based on talent alone.

Did some research. Arob and Mooney's usage is nearly equal in RR%, snap counts, pretty much all opportunities the team can give them. The difference is Mooney has just 7 more routes run in 4 weeks, 120 to Arob's 113

They differ at (still weeks 1-4) -
being placed in the slot - 49 (41%) arob, 37(29%) mooney
being set wide - 70(59%) arob, 87(68.5%) mooney
Reception rate - 13/23 (56.5%) arob, 17/25 (68%) mooney

They differ more at -
Yards - arob 149 to mooney's 226

They differ significantly at -
Contested catches - 3/11 (27%) arob, 2/4 (50%) mooney

Contested stats discrepancy is likely due to better defenders being on arob. Can anyone confirm?

Also, arob was held out of the preseason for a hamstring. He's not on the injury report, but my guess is he's still not 100%. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Also, when targeted, arob has had 0 interceptions, where as mooney has had 2. I'm not sure that means much tho.

Maybe someone can glean something more useful from this, but my gut is telling me that Mooney is only slightly outperforming Arob because Mooney gets the CB2.

So do we see

Fields

getting back to Arob as he gets more comfortable or is this a lost cause this year?
I really don't see it.  Finally put the guy on my bench yesterday and praying for an ARob trade here before the deadline.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't see it.  Finally put the guy on my bench yesterday and praying for an ARob trade here before the deadline.  
Yes had him on the bench too this week. I'm trying to see if I can package him with someone else for the name value to get a better WR. 

Allen Robinson caught 4-of-5 targets for 32 yards in Chicago's Week 5 win over the Raiders.

It was the fourth time (in five starts) this year that Robinson failed to exceed 35 receiving yards, trailing Darnell Mooney in yards from Justin Fields for the second consecutive game. With 24 pass attempts or less in four straight performances, it's hard to blame Robinson for the disaster that is Chicago's offense and, unfortunately, his 2021 season. Fantasy managers should view the 28-year-old as a WR3 moving forward rather than hoping he unlocks his untapped ceiling in an anemic run-heavy offense.

- NBC SportsEDGE

His value sinks further. Wow. Chiefs are rumored to be looking for a WR2. Given cotnract and stuff it might be a rental deal for them.

His value is so low now I think I am going to have to hold until the trade deadline. If things remain as they are then I dont want to even think about it.

Just pulled off a trade to a desperate Barkley owner. Threw in Arob with Sanders and Gainwell to get Ridley and Singletary back. Redraft BTW.

Good luck those that are holding. I'm out. 

To be clear in my eyes he is a Dynasty Hold but a Redraft sell. By trade deadlien day I think this years upside is gone for the redraft buyers who would need him.

Allen Robinson targets by year

• 2019 - 153 total 9.6 per game resulted in 98 receptions for 1,147 yds and 7 TDs WR12 FBG Scoring
  • 2020 - 151 total 9.5 per game resulted in 102 receptions for 1,250 yds and 6 TDs WR12 FBG Scoring
  • 2021 - averaging 5.8 targets per game and projects to 57.8 catches, 615 yards and 3 TDs
Can Chicago recognize that he is insignificant in their offense and trade him, please?

FBG say players "regress to the mean" and that "not everyone's mean is the same". So basically, he's supposed to get better. I don't believe that. Something is wrong with him. Maybe he has a nagging hamstring issue from before the season started, and isn't on the injury report. Whatever it is, I'm not waiting around any longer.

I'm tempted to start him over Thielen and AJ Brown.

I'm with you. I just picked him up for scraps and its really one underwhelming high draft pick vs another. Only difference is AJ Brown has a terrible matchup and Allen Robinson has a terrific one.

Got to think they playing catch up and need to air it more vs Packers and he'll have a good shot at a decent day. 

I'm tempted to start him over Thielen and AJ Brown.

No thanks, he's sitting on my bench until he has a big game or at least the offense gets rolling. For most teams I'd say somebody has to get the yards and he's easily the best wr they have. But the Bears have proven that isn't the case with them and they can throw for 40 yards as a team.

He will be on my bench.

If he goes off I am still happy because I can trade him.

Not sure if this is a Bears problem or a head problem but Im not waiting around to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread