What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams - WR - Packers

Davante Adams caught seven catches for 75 yards in Sunday night's Week 8 loss to the Saints.

He was targeted a team-high nine times. Adams has established himself as the Packers' No. 3 receiver, and plays the outside in all three-wide sets. He has at least 70 yards or a touchdown in four straight games, and could see his role increased coming out of Green Bay's Week 9 bye. Adams would have plug-and-play WR2 value if one of the Packers' top two receivers were to go down.

Oct 27 - 1:10 AM

GB has a lot of money committed to Rodgers, Jordy, Clay, Peppers, and Shields. It's not impossible to keep Cobb, but it will be a juggling act to make that happen.

It'll likely come down to money. If Cobb scores a dozen tds and 1400 yards he'may want to get top money.

It'll likely come down to money. If Cobb scores a dozen tds and 1400 yards he'may want to get top money.
It probably will depend on the FA crop and the NFL draft pool of WRs. But if supply is limited, I am sure at least one team is going to throw a lot more money at Cobb than what the Packers want to spend. Not unlike Decker this past offseason.

It probably will depend on the FA crop and the NFL draft pool of WRs. But if supply is limited, I am sure at least one team is going to throw a lot more money at Cobb than what the Packers want to spend. Not unlike Decker this past offseason.
Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Seattle throw money at him to play the role they envisioned for Harvin.

Yeah good chance Cobb's gone after this year. He's a slot WR. There a dime a dozen.
That's understating Cobb's ability quite a bit. That said, the track record of highly performing WRs that leave great systems to go elsewhere is not very good historically.

GB gonna offer like 40 million over 5 years and Oak ' s gonna come in and offer 70 over 6. Where do you think Cobb's gonna sign?

GB gonna offer like 40 million over 5 years and Oak ' s gonna come in and offer 70 over 6. Where do you think Cobb's gonna sign?
Oakland won't offer that kind of crazy money. And even if they did trump Green Bay's best offer (by a little), he'd be back in GB if all things are equal.

Yeah good chance Cobb's gone after this year. He's a slot WR. There a dime a dozen.
That's understating Cobb's ability quite a bit. That said, the track record of highly performing WRs that leave great systems to go elsewhere is not very good historically.
It's not Cobb it's Rodgers.
and it wasn't Decker, it was Manning...it wasn't Greg Jennings, it was Rodgers. Yes, these QB's make the wr's but it doesn't stop them from being paid hansomely

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are kidding yourselves if you think some team isn't going to throw a ton of money at Cobb. I mean it's absolutely possible that he stays in GB but he will be taking less money to do it.

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think some team isn't going to throw a ton of money at Cobb. I mean it's absolutely possible that he stays in GB but he will be taking less money to do it.
I agree. He's young and will definitely finish as a top 5 - 7 WR this year this year...he'll be the best WR on the market likely by a mile. It'll likely come down to Cobb and whether he wants to take the money or stay with the Packers.

The possibility that Cobb may potentially sign elsewhere was one of the reasons I was interested in picking up Adams to start with.

Where did Adams dynasty owners draft him? Before K.Benjamin and Moncrief? I passed on Benjamin for Adams at 14th overall and have a hint of regret even though Adams future still looks bright. Most rankings had Adams higher than Moncrief by a round or so.

Where did Adams dynasty owners draft him? Before K.Benjamin and Moncrief? I passed on Benjamin for Adams at 14th overall and have a hint of regret even though Adams future still looks bright. Most rankings had Adams higher than Moncrief by a round or so.
I saw Adams drafted after Benjamin, before Moncrief.What has surprised me so far is that Adams seems to get really good separation on short routes. When I saw his college tape before the draft, frankly he appeared to succeed mostly due to ball skills, not ability to separate. Yet in his 1st season, he seems to have plenty of burst and separation.

Interested to hear what others have seen.

Alex P Keaton said:
pghrob said:
I saw Adams drafted after Benjamin, before Moncrief.What has surprised me so far is that Adams seems to get really good separation on short routes. When I saw his college tape before the draft, frankly he appeared to succeed mostly due to ball skills, not ability to separate. Yet in his 1st season, he seems to have plenty of burst and separation.

Interested to hear what others have seen.
Same. Adams didn't show much polish as a route runner, but that might just be due to playcall or the offense as a whole. He showed very good movement skills. Though, I did think he was a better route runner than say Jordan Matthews and Allen Robinson. I had him ranked over both pre-draft.

I drafted Adams in the late 1st/early 2nd in nearly every league. Moncrief is a freak athlete, but didn't see as much WR skills as someone like Adams. He was being taken late 2nd/early 3rd.

Surprised this hasn't been bumped with so many bye week issues.

Anybody else rolling with him for SNF coming out party? Seems like he has been trending. 68/71 snaps his last game.

He's definitely trending up. From what I read, he did make a few key mistakes against the Saints, but hopefully that won't curtail his usage at all going forward.

ETA: debating using him at WR3 over Allen Robinson with all the byes.

Surprised this hasn't been bumped with so many bye week issues.

Anybody else rolling with him for SNF coming out party? Seems like he has been trending. 68/71 snaps his last game.
Adams is a good bet for a TD. Kind of see it as a get back to Jordy kind of game though. Bears pass D is leaky. Should be a good night for 2/3 of the Nelson/Cobb/Adams trio.

It's funny you mention the exact 3 WR's I drafted. I took K. Benjamin early 2nd, and used my two early third rounders on Adams and then Moncrief. I passed on Latimer to get Moncrief but have since parlayed him for Hill who went in the first round, so I'm pretty happy with those choices.

Thinking about rolling Adams out over Crabtree. Just hard to trust anyone on that SF offense.

This GB/CHI game has the highest total of week with 53.5. Should be enough Rodgers love to go around

Would anyone roll him out along with Cobb and Rodgers in their lineup this week? Thinking of starting him over Allen Robinson to cover byes, but wondering if putting all my eggs in the Packers basket isn't a bad bet this week.

Would anyone roll him out along with Cobb and Rodgers in their lineup this week? Thinking of starting him over Allen Robinson to cover byes, but wondering if putting all my eggs in the Packers basket isn't a bad bet this week.
FTR I thought Jeremy hill was a great start last night....

I wouldn't be afraid of going all in on the Packers offense this week. They've really been clicking of late, and Chicago has a leaky pass d. Also, the Packers cannot defend the run, even a little. Should be a high scoring affair. 42-38 GB. Expect huge games from Rodgers, Nelson and Forte. Plenty to go around for others too.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Packers reporter Rob Demovsky believes WR Davante Adams will become more involved down the stretch.

Adams has an eight and a nine target game over the Packers' last three, and out-snapped Jarrett Boykin 68-to-8 against the Saints before the bye. He is the clear No. 3 receiver in Green Bay, and would develop into a must-start fantasy option if anything happened to Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb. He needs to be owned in all leagues.

Source: ESPN.com

Nov 8 - 10:42 AM

Thinking about rolling Adams out over Crabtree. Just hard to trust anyone on that SF offense.

This GB/CHI game has the highest total of week with 53.5. Should be enough Rodgers love to go around
i put adams in my lineup over crabtree early in the week and havent really wavered

Have to really like the way Adams is heading in terms of usage. But it's going to be hard to trust him until we see consistent targets and not just the Cobb and Nelson show, with a big game here and there from Adams. Not unlike we saw with James Jones in previous years, when he was really hit and miss.

Have to really like the way Adams is heading in terms of usage. But it's going to be hard to trust him until we see consistent targets and not just the Cobb and Nelson show, with a big game here and there from Adams. Not unlike we saw with James Jones in previous years, when he was really hit and miss.
yeah boom or bust wr3

Debating on starting him over Mike Evans but trying not to over think it. The consistency he's had is intriguing.

Lol if you wouldve told me rodgers wpuld have six TD passes on pne half i wouldve expected something better than 1 catch for 10 yds but it was a roll of the dice all along.

Rotoworld:

Davante Adams played 38-of-67 snaps in the Packers' Week 10 win over the Bears.

The 56.7 percent snap rate was Adams' lowest since Week 2, and a big surprise after he played 96 percent in Green Bay's previous game. Ordinarily a base-three receiver offense, the Packers attacked the Bears with two-tight end sets. Brandon Bostick and Andrew Quarless each scored a touchdown, while Adams was left hung out to dry, managing one catch for ten yards on two targets. With unpredictable usage, Adams can be viewed as no more than a WR4/flex going forward.

Source: Pro Football Focus

Nov 10 - 4:56 PM

A note to the Davante Adams owners out there. Aikman and Buck mentioned on the broadcast yesterday that Rodgers thought Adams was hitting the rookie wall. It could be the reason for the reduced targets and snaps.

I could really use him with Cooks out. But he just isn't getting enough targets for me to start him with any confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread