What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (10 Viewers)

Is there a trophy range where loonianers stop using loonian? I'm around 2,300 and finding that I have to hit next a ton more. I'm still aiming to find loonianable bases that I can 100%. I'm thinking now might be the time to switch to a cheap-ish land-based approach and just start aiming for 50%.

Or I could the other route and start pumping out GoWiPes.
the problem with the approach is you can't go in looking for 100% every time. You can do better getting 50% on a base with 30 cups available than 100% on a 14 cup base (obviously), but this point sometimes eludes people.

Is there a trophy range where loonianers stop using loonian? I'm around 2,300 and finding that I have to hit next a ton more. I'm still aiming to find loonianable bases that I can 100%. I'm thinking now might be the time to switch to a cheap-ish land-based approach and just start aiming for 50%.

Or I could the other route and start pumping out GoWiPes.
the problem with the approach is you can't go in looking for 100% every time. You can do better getting 50% on a base with 30 cups available than 100% on a 14 cup base (obviously), but this point sometimes eludes people.
I know there's a tradeoff point where it becomes more beneficial to do that, I just had pretty good success to this point still finding a village that I can flatten. I was hoping to get to Crystal 1 and then consider going barch more and just living off the bonus. I'm just wondering where/when/if people make that switch.

I still have my TH exposed, I'm going to move that inside at some point. I wasn't all out "pushing," I just wanted to see how I'd go with full balloonian for awhile. Now that I'm pretty close to C1, I think I'll put the emphasis on trophies a little more. It hasn't been difficult so far.

I mentioned this in chat... do we have enough people to consider splitting FBG1 into two clans that do continual wars? We have 130 people total in the 3 clans.

Including the 50 in FBG1, I'd not be surprised if there's another 6 or so who would do more wars. If we had some more people make Shuke/buttworms type bases to help fill it out, we could probably have two constant warring clans with 30 to 35. I'd think we could sustain donation levels decently if we split things up a little intelligently.

I mentioned this in chat... do we have enough people to consider splitting FBG1 into two clans that do continual wars? We have 130 people total in the 3 clans.

Including the 50 in FBG1, I'd not be surprised if there's another 6 or so who would do more wars. If we had some more people make Shuke/buttworms type bases to help fill it out, we could probably have two constant warring clans with 30 to 35. I'd think we could sustain donation levels decently if we split things up a little intelligently.
Having been in clans of 30-35, I think that there's a huge downside just from war matchup-ability and such going back down to that from 50.

Having been in clans of 30-35, I think that there's a huge downside just from war matchup-ability and such going back down to that from 50.
What is worse about wars with that many?

That would be cool if we did some sort of rotation that kept rotating members in each clan. I would still want to play with everyone and not turn into old school American and National leagues.

What is worse about wars with that many?
30-35 man clans don't know how to attack. I'm looking forward to when Honda gets to 50.

I'm trying to figure out the makeup of our clans. Where do we stand exactly at Honda?

How many TH10s, 9s, 8s, etc?

FBGs versus non-FBGs?

Kids vs. Adults?

Donators vs. non-donators?

TIA
1 th10, 8 th9, 15 th8, 12 th7, 4 th6Don't know the rest...it will take some time to find out
Rough estimates on the current 4020 FBGs

10 kids

10 uncertain

Donations - pretty strong overall, about 6 that are low, and 3 are mine... haven't been active except for war.
I'm pretty sure there are only 4-5 kids. Wildcat plus three of my guys. I also have a weak third account in I will boot now. Our kids do donate and get stars at least. You just have to put up with some Minecraft talk from time to time. :-)

I don't see it happening, but if FBG1 ever splits, I would definitely be interested in joining up.

I don't even know who 75% of the people in The Boog are. And 90% of them never participate in chat.

Overall, I think I'm interested in playing this game with more people that I actually know (even if it's only i-Know), who work together a bit more and are a bit more serious.

Drop below 50 and the wars get much easier. We might have a serious biz 50 clan and a less serious clan that also wants always war.

And there's a pretty big difference between buttworms and shuke. Shuke is a rising TH9 with L3 drags cooking and a BK. Buttworms has L1 arch and an outhouse.

Farmers Only could be the 30 man war all the time clan. Make the wars barch only? Could be a fun new test (winning is realistic).

There should be bandwidth for an always war, War CC only archers, clan. It costs you nothing and if you win you win if you don't you just hit the most loot you can.

I don't see a downside for anyone. It's clearly caught on in the Asia farming set.

I'm trying to figure out the makeup of our clans. Where do we stand exactly at Honda?

FBGs versus non-FBGs?

Kids vs. Adults?

TIA
1 th10, 8 th9, 15 th8, 12 th7, 4 th6Don't know the rest...it will take some time to find out

10 kids

10 uncertain

Donations - pretty strong overall, about 6 that are low, and 3 are mine... haven't been active except for war.
I'm pretty sure there are only 4-5 kids. Wildcat plus three of my guys. I also have a weak third account in I will boot now. Our kids do donate and get stars at least. You just have to put up with some Minecraft talk from time to time. :-)
Charlemagne and eric are mine. I know titan fish and kitten are in the kids category, as well. IIRC, jonathan was a recent kid addition. I'm pretty confident in the 10-ish number.

FBGs versus non-FBGs?

Kids vs. Adults?

TIA

10 kids

10 uncertain

Charlemagne and eric are mine. I know titan fish and kitten are in the kids category, as well. IIRC, jonathan was a recent kid addition. I'm pretty confident in the 10-ish number.
Ryan and Nathan are kids too. And I think Mr. Amazing is Aiden's kid.

FBGs versus non-FBGs?

Kids vs. Adults?

TIA

10 kids

10 uncertain

I'm aidan and Mr.Amazing. lkjhgffdsa is my 10-year-old son.

FBG1 war: Where are we? They have used more attacks by a lot. That's very unlike us.
We need to recalculate the spreadsheet for this one. We may need to go +15 or so to clean stars. They are not great attackers, but the high level heroes and walls seem to be limiting our stars.

I'm willing to go +20 if needed for a potential 3 star.

/smliteguy

I feel like people are/were waiting to pot because we were thinking this clan would be a pushover. I don't think they're a serious threat unless we no-show, but we'll probably have to put in a full day's work here.

FBG1 war: Where are we? They have used more attacks by a lot. That's very unlike us.
We need to recalculate the spreadsheet for this one. We may need to go +15 or so to clean stars. They are not great attackers, but the high level heroes and walls seem to be limiting our stars.

I'm willing to go +20 if neederd for a potential 3 star.

/smliteguy
Same here - willing to attack wherever needed. Doesn't matter if it's +10 or +20.

Do think I can 2/3 star #5 though - same set up as #1 with weaker walls.

Will attack where needed

checkout my war defense, these layouts seem to work pretty well for gowiwi im expecting. troops just circled around the base.. either that or it was a terrible attack

Well I just tried a rare GoWiPe without a lightning spell. I had everything pathed how I wanted it, but his level 6 CC wizards just ripped my face off. It sucks bringing a lightning sometimes because you're not sure what's in the CC will be destroyed by it, but man, the wrong CC loadout can really screw you up. I was trying to pack an extra jump spell to get out of the core, instead, I never got into it.

On the bright side, I did end up saving on elixir by having a jump spell left over after the attack.

Took a look at this. They are in a really, really bad spot. Don't panic.

I sent a clan mail, but make sure this gets repeated in chat. TH8 should shut down cleanup attacks and focus exclusively on bases 20 and 33 until 20 has 2 and 33 has 3. After that point they are to scout for any other air raids, but this is going to have limited effect imo.

Top 10 assignments. On TH10 looking for 1 and TH9 looking for 2, but three would be swell.

3 VA 5 c-jay 6 aiden 9 Jason 10 bob 11 ron 12 ron 14 Greg 17 bob 21 greg 24 sml 28 Moredoror 36 ACER

IF you are a 250 TH9 and not in this list you either

-Attack any TH9 base not assigned above for 2 stars

-Attack any TH8 base not assigned for 3 stars

-Leave all TH10 attacks for the last couple hours. Just let those float for a bit.

Most valuable thing you can do outside the top 10 is finish off their TH8. Take one for the team on loot and get that done so we can relax a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
checkout my war defense, these layouts seem to work pretty well for gowiwi im expecting. troops just circled around the base.. either that or it was a terrible attack
Looks good VA - lot of similarities to an anti-hog base.

When did get lego's? I think that has more to do with the anti-gowi**. Whenever I'm attacking with my gowiwi I always think twice attacking a lego village.

Ddi the 1200 trophy range pay for all those lego's?

Looks good VA - lot of similarities to an anti-hog base.

When did get lego's? I think that has more to do with the anti-gowi**. Whenever I'm attacking with my gowiwi I always think twice attacking a lego village.

Ddi the 1200 trophy range pay for all those lego's?
yes sir

its my collector raid hotspot

I copied this current war layout from that hacking china clan

I sent a clan mail, but make sure this gets repeated in chat. TH8 should shut down cleanup attacks and focus exclusively on bases 20 and 33 until 20 has 2 and 33 has 3. After that point they are to scout for any other air raids, but this is going to have limited effect imo.

Top 10 assignments. On TH10 looking for 1 and TH9 looking for 2, but three would be swell.

3 VA 5 c-jay 6 aiden 9 Jason 10 bob 11 ron 12 ron 14 Greg 17 bob 21 greg 24 sml 28 Moredoror 36 ACER

-Leave all TH10 attacks for the last couple hours. Just let those float for a bit.

Most valuable thing you can do outside the top 10 is finish off their TH8. Take one for the team on loot and get that done so we can relax a little bit.
I am incapable of making my own decisions. Anyone I should gowiwi on?

:homer:

try to shoot for the second on 23. It's a congested purple walled mess, but should be had eventually.

Not sure if c-jay visits these boards?

If you do - any interest in trading 5 for 6? I got a better feeling about attacking 5.

If no - no big deal - I will build for 6

FBGs versus non-FBGs?

Kids vs. Adults?

TIA

10 kids

10 uncertain

I'm aidan and Mr.Amazing. lkjhgffdsa is my 10-year-old son.
Percy Jackson is my 11 year old.

33 looks like a doable 3 star, I'll give the th8's a go till 3ish est before i send my hounds dressed in drag

33 looks like a doable 3 star, I'll give the th8's a go till 3ish est before i send my hounds dressed in drag
I think we only need 2 there by my math. We need to get the non-taken bases in the 17-24 range to 2 stars with a higher priority.

FBGs versus non-FBGs?

Kids vs. Adults?

TIA

10 kids

10 uncertain

My bad, I was talking about Boog only. No idea about the other clans. I think we have 4-5 kids in Boog. Three of them are helping us in war and they all donate.

try to shoot for the second on 23. It's a congested purple walled mess, but should be had eventually.
Building for 23 now. Can attack in about 2 1/2 hours.

Would there be any interest in a new clan with the following characteristics:

War 2x a week

Disallow underdeveloped bases

It would sort of be a mid-level clan between FBGs: Constant War and The Boog/Honda. A bit more commitment than the single war clans with open enrollment, but not constantly having to war.

Will answer yours, TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread