What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (6 Viewers)

This is a lot of fun and really working for me. I'm not trying to race to 40 or anything, but focusing on DE and using his strategies is fun. It's very offense focused.
I gotta say he's right. If you can push gold and low crystal with th9 farming troops it rolls in.
So I messed around with this guy's approach this weekend some.

A few comments.

• You can find some really crappy bases in the high gold/crystal cutoff area with easily raid-able DE. And you can get it without sending an entire army.
  • If anything his approach is stronger now that TH7 have drills as well and TH8 have two. TH8 don't have enough walls to really protect drills so they often leave them on the edge. So his idea of sniping the drills, and cheap barch to 50 gets you a quick 500DE and you can be nexting again right away.
  • I had a 2 hour block where I pulled in 45k DE doing this. At first was building giants and barch, but later swapped to 1 rax arch 3 rax barbs and 10 minions. Giants just don't give you much. Nothing was boosted, well except barbs from the natural boost. Was able to raid about once every 3 minutes this way.
  • I would back cook my standard loonian spells of 3R1H, when done raiding frequently I just swap over to loonian build and logout
Also, he really likes building zaps to get DE. I'd rather use my spells for my standard loonian mickey mouse approach and shoot for the bigger score than what 4 zaps can give me. And there's more honor in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you just accept that you will drop 200 trophies doing this?

Because i cant seem to barch and maintain Masters level.
I think the concept here pretty much is that you find an equilibrium where barching with TH9 level barch can hold you steady at trophy levels. As a TH10 this may not be as effective, because most of the DE you steal is in my case TH8 DE and the occasional easy TH9. There is not a ton of easy TH9 loot in this range. You might find better luck at the CR1/M3 cutoff, but if you do watch his thread he's moved on to straight looning people in M2 as a TH10 at this point.

noticed in my range (crystal 1) many are using 12-20 giants rest barch some are using healers

ive been having success with 12 giants 4-6 wb 1 rax barb rest archers

Are we 100% aligned on this for a laydown?

• Single pot is totally fine if you add stars somewhere, even one works. Star(s) first then pot.
  • Double pot is ok once there is zero mathematical chance of the other guys coming back.
Just FTR they are dead when

Our stars > Their stars + 3*AttacksLeft

If the above math is too difficult for you ask for help in chat.

Jump level 2, 3 million elixir 5 day upgrade that doubles the effectiveness. Not sure why I put it off 7 months exactly.
Level 3 bumps the duration up to a minute. Seems like that would be really handy.
These 5 golem raids are so dependent on jump spells both to jump wallbreakers as well as golems that it's hard to see a downside. Plus with 1 minute you can zoom all the way in and make it the very first thing you do and get it right on the tile you want and odds are it won't burn out on you.

A few comments.

• You can find some really crappy bases in the high gold/crystal cutoff area with easily raid-able DE. And you can get it without sending an entire army.
  • If anything his approach is stronger now that TH7 have drills as well and TH8 have two. TH8 don't have enough walls to really protect drills so they often leave them on the edge. So his idea of sniping the drills, and cheap barch to 50 gets you a quick 500DE and you can be nexting again right away.
  • I had a 2 hour block where I pulled in 45k DE doing this. At first was building giants and barch, but later swapped to 1 rax arch 3 rax barbs and 10 minions. Giants just don't give you much. Nothing was boosted, well except barbs from the natural boost. Was able to raid about once every 3 minutes this way.
  • I would back cook my standard loonian spells of 3R1H, when done raiding frequently I just swap over to loonian build and logout
Also, he really likes building zaps to get DE. I'd rather use my spells for my standard loonian mickey mouse approach and shoot for the bigger score than what 4 zaps can give me. And there's more honor in that.
I thought I was a pretty good DE farmer. On good days I would average over 3k DE plus bonus per attack.

That said, I don't think I've ever come close to netting 45k DE in 2 hours. Not even half that. That's just insane.

A few comments.

I thought I was a pretty good DE farmer. On good days I would average over 3k DE plus bonus per attack.

That said, I don't think I've ever come close to netting 45k DE in 2 hours. Not even half that. That's just insane.
With the rax setup that way I would only have to stop nexting to fill barracks back up. If I had figured out giants don't add value I would have gotten more raids and more loot in.

It was basically just like that guy says. Shoot for 500-600DE a raid, but if you get this every 5 minutes (With the boost was really more like every 3 minutes). And you get maybe one whale every so often or so for 1500+ it adds up stupid fast.

All this primarily hitting easy TH9 or TH8 that had mostly unprotected storage and full drills.

Reboot Of FBG2:Electric Boogaloo

So thoughts and ideas have been bantered around, and we are going to go with the following at The Boog.

• FBGs only. (With one possible "grandfathered" player who has stayed with Boog through thick and thin)
  • Anything goes in chat. No language filter.
  • One war a week.
  • Still laidback, but somewhat organized.
  • Limited handouts of leader/elder titles to keep it from getting crazy with who is in and out of the clan. PIK95, EY Live and myself likely to be the first ones to start. Elders given out to vetted FBGers as needed.
The hope is that a laidback, well-known group of FBGers will be easy to organize and bring back that level of fun and competition that drew a lot of us in to begin with.

Feel free to poke holes. I'll be on the game tonight to start getting guys in.

Please put your FBG name and/or "I'm just here so I get pie" in your invite request.

So thoughts and ideas have been bantered around, and we are going to go with the following at The Boog.

• FBGs only. (With one possible "grandfathered" player who has stayed with Boog through thick and thin)
  • One war a week.
  • Limited handouts of leader/elder titles to keep it from getting crazy with who is in and out of the clan. PIK95, EY Live and myself likely to be the first ones to start. Elders given out to vetted FBGers as needed.
The hope is that a laidback, well-known group of FBGers will be easy to organize and bring back that level of fun and competition that drew a lot of us in to begin with.

Please put your FBG name and/or "I'm just here so I get pie" in your invite request.
What about one cannons. FBG is so full now we are usually just one or so requests away from having to bump shuke out.

• One war a week.

What about one cannons. FBG is so full now we are usually just one or so requests away from having to bump shuke out.
We will gladly accept Shuke. FBG royalty.

(Oh, it's not really the real Shuke?!? How did I not know this. Damn it, I already said yes)

Yeah 45k DE in 2 hours is insane :bravo: I got half that once in a full night with everything boosted and was pretty proud.

• One war a week.

I feel badly about leaving Boog three-ish weeks ago. I went over to FBGS when there was an opening because I was up for a war that day (didn't realize that FBGS and FBG1 were the same). With Boog at only 15 at the time, I decided to stay in FBGS.

Hope Boogs can get back on its feet. Seems there's enough interest around here to support at least 2 solid clans.

• One war a week.
The hope is that a laidback, well-known group of FBGers will be easy to organize and bring back that level of fun and competition that drew a lot of us in to begin with.Feel free to poke holes. I'll be on the game tonight to start getting guys in.

I feel badly about leaving Boog three-ish weeks ago. I went over to FBGS when there was an opening because I was up for a war that day (didn't realize that FBGS and FBG1 were the same). With Boog at only 15 at the time, I decided to stay in FBGS.

Hope Boogs can get back on its feet. Seems there's enough interest around here to support at least 2 solid clans.
Two???

Yeah 45k DE in 2 hours is insane :bravo: I got half that once in a full night with everything boosted and was pretty proud.
this guy's method is legit. I can't seem to hold trophies like he can, but I just fix that by running some furs and a few hogs to get a quick 100.

There are 70 players spread across three clans, broken down as such:

Honda: 45

Boog: 4

Quattro: 21

I like the dudes in Quattro, but I have found donations a little slow. We have a lot of good givers, but we also have several new players with very low troops and, you know, 20 people.

How many of the 45 in Honda are permanent? All of them? If so, that means, in theory, that we have 49 players who only want to war once a week, and 21 in Quattro who are happy to do it twice.

I'm sure there's a better solution to this arrangement but I'll be damned if I can think of it right now. I was going to think about just having everyone who wants to war twice migrate between Honda/Boog, but Honda is nearly full anyways. And, it is nice having one place to stay.

I like the dudes in Quattro, but I have found donations a little slow. We have a lot of good givers, but we also have several new players with very low troops and, you know, 20 people.

How many of the 45 in Honda are permanent? All of them? If so, that means, in theory, that we have 49 players who only want to war once a week, and 21 in Quattro who are happy to do it twice.

I'm sure there's a better solution to this arrangement but I'll be damned if I can think of it right now. I was going to think about just having everyone who wants to war twice migrate between Honda/Boog, but Honda is nearly full anyways. And, it is nice having one place to stay.
Quattro is good during war but absolutely dead during none war times. A day will go by without a single comment in the chat.

Quattro is good during war but absolutely dead during none war times. A day while go by without a single comment in the chat.
I was thinking that Boog would declare early in the week, maybe noon Tuesday. That way it's an easier hop for those that want to war twice a week.

The rebranding of Boog includes a FBG only policy. Which isn't a big deal for most of you guys since we know each other from the boards. That does mean no entry for kids and friends/family of FBGs. 2nd accounts should be fine, but I'll let Bogart speak to that.

I'm in Honda with Scuttle and a couple others right now. Its cool but the chat is so active that my A.D.D. is killing me. I would love to get Boog back to where we had it a month ago. We are up for whatever. The kids from Boog clan are up to 20 which is cool also. They war constantly. I like one a week.

Quattro is good during war but absolutely dead during none war times. A day while go by without a single comment in the chat.
I was thinking that Boog would declare early in the week, maybe noon Tuesday. That way it's an easier hop for those that want to war twice a week.

The rebranding of Boog includes a FBG only policy. Which isn't a big deal for most of you guys since we know each other from the boards. That does mean no entry for kids and friends/family of FBGs. 2nd accounts should be fine, but I'll let Bogart speak to that.
I'm confused. Are you leaving Honda?

Boog will skew more toward a mature culture. We won't adjust schedules to accommodate school and/or bedtimes. There will be plenty of learning and growing but we don't expect to have to remind members to lure CC troops, for example.

I'm confused. Are you leaving Honda?
I PM'd Jester and said my goodbyes this afternoon. :)

I'm working with Bogart to re-brand and jump start ElecBoog.

I was thinking that Boog would declare early in the week, maybe noon Tuesday. That way it's an easier hop for those that want to war twice a week.The rebranding of Boog includes a FBG only policy. Which isn't a big deal for most of you guys since we know each other from the boards. That does mean no entry for kids and friends/family of FBGs. 2nd accounts should be fine, but I'll let Bogart speak to that.
Am I the only one that doesn't see the need for the Boog to reincarnate? Why not just join the Quad. That place seems to be dying.

I was thinking that Boog would declare early in the week, maybe noon Tuesday. That way it's an easier hop for those that want to war twice a week.The rebranding of Boog includes a FBG only policy. Which isn't a big deal for most of you guys since we know each other from the boards. That does mean no entry for kids and friends/family of FBGs. 2nd accounts should be fine, but I'll let Bogart speak to that.
Am I the only one that doesn't see the need for the Boog to reincarnate? Why not just join the Quad. That place seems to be dying.
I think the main thing is that Boogers only want to war once a week. Also strictly no-FBG's is a little different, and it sounds lukewarm for second accounts/one cannon's.

I am playing with my brother, who is a near-max TH7 one-cannon, so that's two strikes against me, lol.

I'm in Honda with Scuttle and a couple others right now. Its cool but the chat is so active that my A.D.D. is killing me. I would love to get Boog back to where we had it a month ago. We are up for whatever. The kids from Boog clan are up to 20 which is cool also. They war constantly. I like one a week.
Yep. Honda is as full as its ever been. Good stuff.

We expect Boog to be a gradual rebuild, but chock full of good folks over time.

Yep. Honda is as full as its ever been. Good stuff.We expect Boog to be a gradual rebuild, but chock full of good folks over time.
I mean rebuild from where? New FBG accounts?By definition you are looking to make a casual clan with only 1 war a week. And you want nothing but FBG's. Those are some significant restrictions.

Dude. :facepalm :deadhorse

Users who are viewing this thread