What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I just realized I won't be able to attack after work, so I'm going to take my second shot very soon.

As for out opponent's #2 base -- as Jason pointed out, it is the same as my own. And as Gary pointed out, it is very anti-hog -- it is called the BaconMaker

I haven't read that linked thread in its entirety, but maybe there are some clues as to its weaknesses. Hopefully Davidlee can take that one, considering that Gary is a hogger.

Looks like they are not giving up.

FBGS - 138 on 69 attacks

Those guys - 102 on 65 attacks

I think this might be the first time an opponent cracked 100 against either clan, right?

The outstanding breakout on their side:

1 - 3 stars available

2 - 3 stars available

3 - 3 stars available

6 - 1 star available

11 - 1 star available

13 - 1 star available

Both sides still have a number of attacks from their top level guys so while there is only over 4 hours left, it's not over yet.

there is no way they get even one on DLee. Probably the same for Gary.

Debatable if they can get two on JA.

They have one on me and they swung with 10 L2 drags and that didn't do it. So now they would probably have to roll in with heavy DE troops and I'm better setup for DE troops than dragons.

And that doesn't even get into some of the other hanging stars they left out

Edit: They got one on gary and he got one on their 3. He had their 3 dead to rights but ran out of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized I won't be able to attack after work, so I'm going to take my second shot very soon.

As for out opponent's #2 base -- as Jason pointed out, it is the same as my own. And as Gary pointed out, it is very anti-hog -- it is called the BaconMaker

I haven't read that linked thread in its entirety, but maybe there are some clues as to its weaknesses. Hopefully Davidlee can take that one, considering that Gary is a hogger.
Seems like it should be easy to purposely trigger the double bombs with a hog or two. The defense seems to depend on working the hogs around to those spots.

I need to update my base for TH7, but all of them have those blank square/dark barracks. It's gonna be awhile before I get those. Any suggestions?
check out post #3 in the first clash thread. i started with the Mantis without the blank square (BK) and dark barracks and got those weeks after getting to TH7 but was still very good layout imo. there are so many variations for farming and war. this war is the first time i got 3 starred by an all out dragon rush, which you can't really defend against at TH7 and i'm almost done with TH7 upgrades so it's been many wars.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=707286&hl=%2Bclash+%2Bof+%2Bclans

also look through all the TH7s in the clan, all of them look very good.

Pigskin Fanatic, can you contact davidlee and let him know we're shooting for 150 stars and see if he can get his attacks in?
text sent to dlee.
just posted this on the in-game chat, he will try to hit the top 2 guys on their side today. he sounds like he got slammed at work, but should make an appearance at some point before the war ends.
I only popped on for a couple of seconds, so correct me if I've got wrong the happenings while I've been away....

If Gary hit their #3 but didn't 3-star, then we probably need Gary to hit whichever of 1 or 2 he feels best on, and then dlee cleans up #3 and the one Gary doesn't hit. Since Gary can't hit the same base twice, dlee will have to do the cleanup on 3. Or ja if he's about, but I don't think he attacked last war so not sure if he's going to be about for this one. I know he does tend to attack late when he does though.

I need to update my base for TH7, but all of them have those blank square/dark barracks. It's gonna be awhile before I get those. Any suggestions?
check out post #3 in the first clash thread. i started with the Mantis without the blank square (BK) and dark barracks and got those weeks after getting to TH7 but was still very good layout imo. there are so many variations for farming and war. this war is the first time i got 3 starred by an all out dragon rush, which you can't really defend against at TH7 and i'm almost done with TH7 upgrades so it's been many wars.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=707286&hl=%2Bclash+%2Bof+%2Bclans

Thanks! What layout should I be using as my reg one?
i use the same wall layout for both. for my normal base i moved my TH outside for free shields and have the storage buildings spread around inside. for my war base i have all of the storage buildings outside and the TH in the middle with the CC and the BK protecting it.

There are a few other guys using this and have various setups so definitely look through all of our TH7s, though they may have moved up to TH8 by now since when I got to TH7 they were the ones who suggested it to me

i use the same wall layout for both. for my normal base i moved my TH outside for free shields and have the storage buildings spread around inside. for my war base i have all of the storage buildings outside and the TH in the middle with the CC and the BK protecting it.

There are a few other guys using this and have various setups so definitely look through all of our TH7s, though they may have moved up to TH8 by now since when I got to TH7 they were the ones who suggested it to me
Is there any easier website to figure out how to make that one? It seems every photo has a slightly different wall structure and one has 6 spring traps shown???
lol, took me some time to figure it out too. follow this link for the wall structure, you'll have to move around some buildings since all the ones I see have full upgraded buildings for TH7. based on that link, i would move a collector to where the BK is on the right side and space out the buildings that are outside of the walls so that you make up for not having the dark barrack and missing one collector. if you space them correctly you will fill all of the gaps.

http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/310305

if you cant go to the link, then go to that web site and search for "mantis" layout.

Am finally able to get out of my son's clan.

Been playing of a little over a year - attack with mostly Lv 5 Hogs & Lv 6 Wizards. Donate constantly and will definitely fight 2x each clan war. Also have no problem going to war 2-3 times a week.

Looking for a more mature, more active serious clan - got room for me?

Been playing of a little over a year - attack with mostly Lv 5 Hogs & Lv 6 Wizards. Donate constantly and will definitely fight 2x each clan war. Also have no problem going to war 2-3 times a week.

"FBGS", aka FBG1 is the invite only clan that is currently full and goes to war twice a week, saturday and monday/tuesday.

"FBG2: Elecboog", aka FBG2 goes to war every Thursday. You can join either and hop between the two as space is available. Room in FBG2 right now as FBG1 is still at war.

Welcome. Funny that you're the one who started all of this madness with your first thread, at least for me, and you are the last to join.

Sure, when you request entry change the message to "ffa" so we know you are a Footballguy. Normal message folks get rejected.

Next war is FBG2 (FBG2:ElecBoog) tomorrow morning so probably want to join them. They do 1 war a week. FBG1 (fbgs with igbomb as leader, there is more than one clan with the name) does 2 wars a week and starts war Saturday evening and Monday evening. People jump between clans freely to be in a war or miss one if needed, so you can do 3 a week by switching clans. Just mention the ffa until we all learn your name.

Thanks Pigskin & Greg.

Will wait for an opening to join FBG1 - rather not be switching back and forth. 2 wars a week works for me - I like the action.

When I started the original Clash of Clans thread I never imagined it would be this busy.

Will try to request entry over the next day or so.

People will start jumping to fbg2 for the next war in the next few hours, so should have room soon.

So the war log only records the last 10 wars. Smliteguy suggested we capture the war log info here so we don't lose it. Can someone from FBG2 post your war log and I'll get it into the OP.

Added to early posts:

FBG Clan War Logs

The war log only holds 10 wars and we lost some of our results before we realized it and began capturing. Names in paranthesis are heroic attack and defense.

FBG1: 15-0

fbgs 93 Asian clan 86

(4 more wins vs Asian clans, scores lost)

fbgs 104 - NOT A CHARITY 56

fbgs 135 - Seattle Swag 53

fbgs 122 - COLOMBIA 55

fbgs 134 - BORNEO ACE 69

fbgs 128 - usc 62

fbgs 134 - "2870" 58

fbgs 134 - Pinoy Disaster 93

fbgs 133 - Philippines 79

fbgs 114 - Asian DA 12 (yes... 12) (jrk1975, jason)

fbgs 144 - Michigan 128 (VA703, GregR2 )

FBG2:

FBG2:ElecBoog: 11-0

FBG2:ElecBoog won - Deutschland loss (4/11/2014 or so)

FBG2:ElecBoog 96 - CABBAGE KINGS 51 (40 person war) (4/18/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 124 - Chinese Clan 49 (4/25/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 127 - Chinese Clan 82 (5/2/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 131 - Brothers Castle 59 (5/9/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 123 - Chinese Clan 49 (5/16/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 146 - Japanese Clan 82 (5/23/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 130 - Mars Hill 65 (5/30/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 143 - BRI INDONESIA 4 94 (6/6/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 137 - Pinoy Xbow 93 (6/13/2014)

FBG2:ElecBoog 147 - NCIS 97 (6/20/2014)

We should update our clan info to throw off our opponents. For example:

"REMEMBER, for this war we are experimenting with the GOBLIN/BARBARIAN (aka Goblarian) troops in the War CC. Please ONLY fill War CC's with GOBLINS and BARBARIANS."

I'm only about 2 weeks ahead of you. I am using variations of the Mantis layout for both regular base and war base. Its a strong layout and very flexible.

As noted, you can use collectors to place hold for the BK and dark barracks, and I used builder huts to place hold for teslas. Check my base (beelz) in the boog-a-loo for the upcoming war if you want to scout one.

Step 1 in full force.

We are going to be short some war hog makers though. Mine are only L3, but my L3 dragons are online.

I'm making valks all day. I just dropped 40kDE on L4 hog upgrade so I need to spring some more DE just to afford this war, lol...

Step 1 in full force.

We are going to be short some war hog makers though. Mine are only L3, but my L3 dragons are online.

I'm making valks all day. I just dropped 40kDE on L4 hog upgrade so I need to spring some more DE just to afford this war, lol...
I'll cover 45 through 31 with valks if you want to start at 30+

This clan has pretty high level AA. From 17 up the min spec AA is Lv4 which 3 L4 are going to probably ruin a L2 mass drag attack's day.

If anything, we should let the mass drag guys fire first there are so few mass drag bases that we don't want to waste them when those guys don't have high level hogs.

This clan has pretty high level AA. From 17 up the min spec AA is Lv4 which 3 L4 are going to probably ruin a L2 mass drag attack's day.

If anything, we should let the mass drag guys fire first there are so few mass drag bases that we don't want to waste them when those guys don't have high level hogs.
I noticed that - my counter is 17 and he's a TH8 (I'm a TH7). He has 3 AA - 1 is lvl 4, the other 2 are lvl 2 (and both of these are towards the outside). I think I'll be fine with my lvl 2 dragon rush (with heals), but as we progress higher than that, it is going to be difficult. My plan was to tackle my counter (17) and see how things shake out for my second attack.

This could be trouble. I'd have to go pretty low for my mass dragons. I'm not well practiced at going with another strategy, and I think I'm sitting at 13.

I'm fine with hitting whomever, but letting anyone take shots with drags first is the best play imo.

I would say let dragons rule the skies till noon tomorrow then turn the bacon loose.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:
I'm fine with hitting whomever, but letting anyone take shots with drags first is the best play imo.

I would say let dragons rule the skies till noon tomorrow then turn the bacon loose.
Seems reasonable.

Bucky86 said:
Are we rope-a-doping?
Nope - Phase 1 worry is too strong.
Really excelling on step 1 guys. :clap:

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:

Seems reasonable.

Bucky86 said:
Are we rope-a-doping?
Where the #### are you? I'm 4 in this war and top TH8. Not really liking the view from where I'm ####ting.

Clayton Gray said:
culdeus said:

Seems reasonable.

Bucky86 said:
Are we rope-a-doping?
Where the #### are you? I'm 4 in this war and top TH8. Not really liking the view from where I'm ####ting.
Sitting out while all my DE is sunk into a pair of BK upgrades and he's not available for use.

Users who are viewing this thread