What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

After seeing this in action there is no way I ever build an inferno tower, ever.
If all you care about is war, that is cool. But at some point, war may take a back seat

Listen, I did not build any of the extra defenses last night. I dont plan to either. I want to be a max TH9 with level 10 troops. There was no downside to this outside of th10s no longer getting a loot penalty. But Im sure at some point, I will change my mind and push a little.

Im just trying to decide whether or not I want to buy gems to speed things along. Not having spells sucked in my attack this morning AND, it will be 5 more days. Not sure I can swing that
If they change the matchmaking formula then fine. I'm only raiding to get war troops I need to 3 star people now. I'll probably go hide down with Greg in a matter of a month or so. Or I may just say F it I'm done and do it Thursday.

I always gem the lab and spell place
This is why I started my TH to end at about midnight Thurs. I can get two war attacks in as a th9 if the match is easy, and if it isn't can just gem it all in the morning. If the match was easy save 8 days of gem time on the lab and spell waiting for the next war.

Things we learned here

1. Not having at least one (Ideally 2 or 3) wiz towers that connect with an AA makes you an tough 3 star. If you watch replays (See Jrk, Tam, Acer, doc, xtremester for examples of strong bases that got facerolled due to connecting wiz towers)
  2. Turn your xbows up and consider one or both skeleton traps going to air and burying them deep next to the queen. This is causing some issues.
  3. 212 seems like a waste of a CC for a hound attack. These guys didn't do it. They would burn their heroes and use a couple of arch to deal with the CC. Worth considering ditching 212 except for GoHo
  4. Look at 1 again. Connecting Wiz towers are trouble. Bears repeating.
  5. Witches in defensive CC have maybe outrun their usefulness. Air skeletons seem to do the job cheaper and stronger unlurable wiz are tougher to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by "wiz towers that connect with an AA"?
A wiz tower that's defensive circle covers an anti-air. So it's 40dps or whatever shoots harmlessly at the hound while skulls take it down.

This is neutralized somewhat if you have the wiz towers closer to the center of the base then the AA, but this makes you more vulnerable to hogs.

Worst case is Wiz tower closer to the edge of the base with an AA straight behind it where loons have nothing to track to but the WT prior to going to the AA. Those bases are rare now.

What do you mean by "wiz towers that connect with an AA"?
A wiz tower connects with an AA when the AA is in range of the wiz tower. When a hound is attacking the AA, the wiz will also be firing at the hound. If the AA is out of range for the wiz tower, that means the wiz tower will not be shooting at the hound but will instead be free to shoot at incoming loons.

So their leader swung by for a chat and confirmed a few things. Most of their .5 are second accounts as we suspected. Said they never get overmatched. He says he's taking his 8.5 to 8.75 this week.

Also seems they have a feeder clan but they keep a core user base and boot people that fail in war. Probably rolling people has a way of getting recruits plus they actively recruit on supercell forums and what nots.

We caused 5 kicks/quits this war which was a record so we have that going for us.

Culd

Look at my R Squared base in Honda and tell me what i need to do/not do to make it the best for war. I really have no desire to take it all the way like my main.

I am hoping sub 200 is still a thing. With a student teacher, I can really do some damage once I hit th7

Culd

Look at my R Squared base in Honda and tell me what i need to do/not do to make it the best for war. I really have no desire to take it all the way like my main.

I am hoping sub 200 is still a thing. With a student teacher, I can really do some damage once I hit th7
Sub200 is doable but reddit says 1000-1200 is more profitable if not boosting. They changed the trophy formula in sub200 somewhat so it's nearly impossible to stay in that range for long.

For a 8.5 base the agreed stuff is

Max - Archer/Cannons/Mortars/Anti-Air/bombs/walls

controversial stuff

Teslas - No consensus on their value. Some think it counts enough to keep it low level. I'm not sure. For the moment I'm saying it's not a big enough factor to matter. I reserve the right to do a 180 on this.

No-Nos

Any xbow - obviously

Wizards no more than about L5. Some discussion about whether just doing two L6 and two L2 is better than 4 L5. Need to think on this somewhat. Wiz are tricky. They have value but they for sure count alot. It's a tradeoff.

1. 212 seems like a waste of a CC for a hound attack. These guys didn't do it. They would burn their heroes and use a couple of arch to deal with the CC. Worth considering ditching 212 except for GoHo
I saw this during my visit, and have taken heed, but it also looked like they had 10s hitting your top 9s. Except I saw one 9 did hogs on one of your high 9s.

Quattro

Need all your attacks.

If you're in the war, and you aren't one of our bottom guys opted in for numbers, get your attacks in as quick as possible.

We win if we use all attacks.

We lose if we don't. Chat is active, use it to plan.

Thx

RE: Hogs

When do you decide when to 2-finger drop vs. 1 finger vs. a wall of hogs?

2 fingers is obviously faster but less predictable in pathing, right?

This varies. Doc prefers 2 fingers flanking the Go team. That's the easiest deployment and you can get the most out of heal spells that way early and anything from the go team will take less fire and might takeout a few towers for you.

If your heroes are really strong and you can get a lot of towers and 2 wiz towers with heroes then you can spread them out a little more.

Most bases though if you can get the queen you are gonna end up flanking whatever got her. It's pretty rare to see a 3 star done any other way unless you have a solid scouting run already and the big bombs are well known.

As culdeus mentioned, 2-finger is excellent flanking your non-hog troops. I use it when there are two distinct paths for my hogs to travel. It's my favored deployment.

I can't remember the last time I used 1-finger. Most defenses don't need 25+ hogs hammering on them to be destroyed. You're wasting time with this deployment.

I use a wall when the defenses are spread out, and I can't figure out a pretty solid path. I'd say a tenth of my hog attacks use this.

As culdeus mentioned, 2-finger is excellent flanking your non-hog troops. I use it when there are two distinct paths for my hogs to travel. It's my favored deployment.

I can't remember the last time I used 1-finger. Most defenses don't need 25+ hogs hammering on them to be destroyed. You're wasting time with this deployment.

I use a wall when the defenses are spread out, and I can't figure out a pretty solid path. I'd say a tenth of my hog attacks use this.
This sounds dirty

This sounds dirty
Kind of a crossover with what's going on in the NCAA hoops thread

I learned this early in life:

The multiple finger method gives you a better chance of getting all three stars.
Do you make the "come hither" motion once in the core or you just keep tapping?
If it is a ground assault I use liberal quantities of the green potion, that eliminates the threat of walls no matter what level they are. The choice of meat shield can vary, but sometimes it just feels good to bareback with unprotected hog. If you are going to go this route, heal spells are a must.

For beelz on 17: (or anyone who wants to hog it)

bring enough to kill cc troops

use Giant at 4:00 to lure CC, draw to pump, at 3:00 to kill. Once dead, deploy hogs from the elixir pump at 2:00

Heals should go right at the top tip of the TH to cover the AD and archers and that space at 3:00 where his teslas are.

3rd heal as needed. can deploy BK to kill his BK

(posting Iggy's messages here for posterity since chat is hot right now)

Last edited by a moderator:
Things we learned here

• Witches in defensive CC have maybe outrun their usefulness. Air skeletons seem to do the job cheaper and stronger unlurable wiz are tougher to deal with.
I disagree with that. Witches are very useful helping on any shattered type air attack to take of the Queen. However these guys just flat ran quad hound attacks with no concern for the Queen.

Also I have been saying (probably not loud enough) 212 is a waste of troops unless you are running some sort of shattered attack. If you are using them with no cover to keep them alive it's just a waste. I have been using 3 wiz 1 witch and zap to help back my hero's up taking out the Queen, air defense, and cc with good success.

Can ANYONE make a CoC video that is listenable? Seems like the only options are distractingly horrible music, self promotion, or semi-tarded speech patterns.

If you are looking to steal bases from Turtles.

The bases that use the most modern design principals well are:

Late TH9 designs to stop Laloon and monster gowoppy - A++++++ BASE WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE

-11 - Doc hates this base but I love it. Wall pattern is solid and just needs to flip a WT in the core. Very close to perfect. Great TH9.5 base imo.

-15 - May need to tweak a few things but love the wall pattern

-16 - exposed TH is actually a great touch here. Gives more room for double big bomb locations. Considering exposing SUPERBASE Townhall when TH10 is reached.

Early TH9 designs that would work B++++A------- SOLID BUT NOT PERFECT

-20 - Very similar to scott's base which IMO is the 2nd best base we have right now after SUPERBASE - If 1 or 2 wiz towers are swapped with an exterior AT it's much better. I think what makes this and Scotts base work is you actually have connecting wiz towers. Get any loons in the middle there and the air gets let out.

-24 - really solid early TH9 base. It's symmetrical, but that's imo ok for early TH9 base design. Walls are typically a mix of purple and skull. the asym stuff really is only most effective at all skull and some lego core.

If you are looking to steal bases from Turtles.

The bases that use the most modern design principals well are:

Late TH9 designs to stop Laloon and monster gowoppy - A++++++ BASE WILL RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE

-11 - Doc hates this base but I love it. Wall pattern is solid and just needs to flip a WT in the core. Very close to perfect. Great TH9.5 base imo.

-15 - May need to tweak a few things but love the wall pattern

-16 - exposed TH is actually a great touch here. Gives more room for double big bomb locations. Considering exposing SUPERBASE Townhall when TH10 is reached.

Early TH9 designs that would work B++++A------- SOLID BUT NOT PERFECT

-20 - Very similar to scott's base which IMO is the 2nd best base we have right now after SUPERBASE - If 1 or 2 wiz towers are swapped with an exterior AT it's much better. I think what makes this and Scotts base work is you actually have connecting wiz towers. Get any loons in the middle there and the air gets let out.

-24 - really solid early TH9 base. It's symmetrical, but that's imo ok for early TH9 base design. Walls are typically a mix of purple and skull. the asym stuff really is only most effective at all skull and some lego core.
I call one of 11-16

Need to go back and check

NorvilleBarnes said:
Can ANYONE make a CoC video that is listenable? Seems like the only options are distractingly horrible music, self promotion, or semi-tarded speech patterns.
To this point, what program/app are you guys using to record video of your battles?

Net seems to like rec. (screen recorder), but there's something about root access that has guys smarter than me up in arms about it.

Ipad 2

Android 4.4.4

Users who are viewing this thread