What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (8 Viewers)

I don't even think these "backside hogs/loons" things are worth a damn either. I never see them work or people panic and deploy them early to save the useless 2 star raid. They'd be better quitting before getting the 2 stars, honestly. It helps morale to be able to turn a 0 or 1 into a 3 than passing on a 2 to a 3.
I saw them work against FBGs in that war I recorded attacks from (Fallen Saviors).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even think these "backside hogs/loons" things are worth a damn either. I never see them work or people panic and deploy them early to save the useless 2 star raid. They'd be better quitting before getting the 2 stars, honestly. It helps morale to be able to turn a 0 or 1 into a 3 than passing on a 2 to a 3.
I saw them work against FBGs in that war I recorded attacks from (Fallen Saviors).
That clan had extraordinary heroes. IIRC they had more than 8 Level 30+ queens.

Whats the best army composition for my hog attack on 12?

CC:KILL SQUAD

HOGS:26

WIZ:10

ARCHERS:10

WB'S :4

GOLEM:1

218/220

More of anything? Less of anything?
Shouldn't need 4 WBs. Probably gonna have to cut down on Wiz and Archer as well. Remember you need hogs for the lure.

I also notice reviewing the tape that they were doing it against bases with pink walls. Still, we have seen them work.

I've hit two gizas in the past with just a straight up pent hound attack. One was a non max th9 with up xbows and one a max th9 with down xbows. From what I remember each one worked rather well so could potentially work against a max th9 with up xbows.

My strategy:

2 loons at the 6 o'clock defense (usually a cannon or archer tower)

Once those loons arrive over the cannon I start the attack from the south. (Symmetrical base so same thing on each side)

2 loons to track to wizard tower and 4 loons placed closer to the camps so they track to the archer tower followed by two hounds. (Again, Symmetrical base so you're doing this twice and I always start on AQ side. If you're not comfortable dropping hounds after loons go ahead and drop them first).

Rage over the archer towers to lead to AA. Zap cc.

I drop my heroes on one of the backsides to draw fire archer towers and wiz if possible. Hound then 1 loon on each defense. (Two archer towers and a wiz) rage to the AA.

At this point there's 3 loons left and I drop them at the archer and wiz tower covering the last AA.
Gotcha. Is there a reason not to go turtles on the cc then? I don't see them adding much value providing backside cover vs. just using for cc takeout under ur plan here.
When I was looking at the trap layouts I didn't see a great place to lure the cc without it potentially backfiring so just pushed in with the standard 5 hound 20 loon 3 rage 1 zap combo. It rolled the base the first time so was going to go back to it the second time as well. I changed it up though and just went four rage as the enemy had a witch/valk combo in most of their ccs so didn't need a zap.

I've hit two gizas in the past with just a straight up pent hound attack. One was a non max th9 with up xbows and one a max th9 with down xbows. From what I remember each one worked rather well so could potentially work against a max th9 with up xbows.

My strategy:

2 loons at the 6 o'clock defense (usually a cannon or archer tower)

Once those loons arrive over the cannon I start the attack from the south. (Symmetrical base so same thing on each side)

2 loons to track to wizard tower and 4 loons placed closer to the camps so they track to the archer tower followed by two hounds. (Again, Symmetrical base so you're doing this twice and I always start on AQ side. If you're not comfortable dropping hounds after loons go ahead and drop them first).

Rage over the archer towers to lead to AA. Zap cc.

I drop my heroes on one of the backsides to draw fire archer towers and wiz if possible. Hound then 1 loon on each defense. (Two archer towers and a wiz) rage to the AA.

At this point there's 3 loons left and I drop them at the archer and wiz tower covering the last AA.
Gotcha. Is there a reason not to go turtles on the cc then? I don't see them adding much value providing backside cover vs. just using for cc takeout under ur plan here.
When I was looking at the trap layouts I didn't see a great place to lure the cc without it potentially backfiring so just pushed in with the standard 5 hound 20 loon 3 rage 1 zap combo. It rolled the base the first time so was going to go back to it the second time as well. I changed it up though and just went four rage as the enemy had a witch/valk combo in most of their ccs so didn't need a zap.
These guys are nice enough to leave high hp buildings where a minion can anchor.

I think I just suck the cc anchor with a minion kill it with heroes and then release the hounds from all 4 corners.

what could possibly go wrong?

I also notice reviewing the tape that they were doing it against bases with pink walls. Still, we have seen them work.
It's not often that the base is set up for it but I've done it 3-4 times successfully.

Crazy to just dismiss it altogether.
Not sure if you've met culdeus before but it is kinda his M.O. ;)
Find one single site that says GOwoppy is a 3 star solution vs a TH9. I can point you to probably 10 guides that specifically call out why gowoppy is not a quality war attack for TH9 to counter it.
Never said it was a 3 star solution but as was mentioned, it's a tool in the toolkit (one which I don't have btw) and has it's place. I hog/lavaloon but there are instances when I wish I had a ground & pound solution just to rack 2 stars. Something i'll be working on shortly but I wouldn't dismiss the strategy. I also think that learning different attacks allow you to understand the mechanics of the troops better and gives you a greater ability to diagnose a base with a successful solution. It may involve multiple pieces from all of the attacks and frequently does as you march higher in the ranks. Without the troop understanding that comes from mastering a certain attack, you don't have the full knowledge necessary to take down a high level base. JMO

Nearing end of TH8. I still need to "skull-ize" 57 wall pieces. All defenses are maxed. BK is lvl 10.

Lab upgrades left to do: wallbreakers to lvl5, valks and golems to lvl2.

Should I move to TH8.5, or stick it out to fully maxed TH8?

Nearing end of TH8. I still need to "skull-ize" 57 wall pieces. All defenses are maxed. BK is lvl 10.

Lab upgrades left to do: wallbreakers to lvl5, valks and golems to lvl2.

Should I move to TH8.5, or stick it out to fully maxed TH8?
8.5, just punt golem and valks. Do the wall breakers while th upgrades.

Interesting video. He has a little different style than I've seen other places.

2x 3-stars on near max TH9s is nice, although they were 2nd attacks.
Curious to know how it differs. This was the one video I watched on lavaloonion before first attempting it in our current war, not really seeing any reason to do anything different based on the results I got.
The biggest difference is that he is the first guy I've seen bring 2 heals for a pure laloonian.

Curious to know how it differs. This was the one video I watched on lavaloonion before first attempting it in our current war, not really seeing any reason to do anything different based on the results I got.
The biggest difference is that he is the first guy I've seen bring 2 heals for a pure laloonian.
Yea. His argument about raged/healed pups over the AQ made sense to me, but I don't know otherwise at this point. I almost want to not watch any other tactics until this one fails me, keep the plan simple and focused.

Yea. His argument about raged/healed pups over the AQ made sense to me, but I don't know otherwise at this point. I almost want to not watch any other tactics until this one fails me, keep the plan simple and focused.
Don't fix what isn't broken.

Based on my rough math FBGS will hit Level5 and 100 wins at most likely the same war.

That's sort of cool.
100 wins will be an epic milestone. I may have to come over and contribute to at least one of those wins so I can get an invitation to the 100 win after party.

Another item of note in that video is he only took 3 hounds when I think most people would have taken 4 for those bases. Obviously the heal spells helped them last longer.

Another item of note in that video is he only took 3 hounds when I think most people would have taken 4 for those bases. Obviously the heal spells helped them last longer.
I need to watch these. I wouldn't ever consider healing a hound. In fact, that could run you the wrong way. Most of my non 3stars are linked to hounds not popping and having nothing to cleanup.

I use heals when a pack of loons runs straight at a cluster of teslas with no cover.

I actually had 4 cooked for my attack thinking that was standard, looked up this video, and dropped to 3. It really couldn't have worked better, to the point I'm sure stars were aligning in ways I'm not even aware of. Really wish I could simply record my attack and post here, but it basically is the exact same thing he did so it wouldn't help much anyway.

From my view, the toughest part in that video is replicating the raged pups. You come in to early or late and its done.

Ill take my zap cc, witch loon splash to take out witch. I'm running probably a 60% rate with it. Which is better than any of my other attacks. Yes, I suck

I actually had 4 cooked for my attack thinking that was standard, looked up this video, and dropped to 3. It really couldn't have worked better, to the point I'm sure stars were aligning in ways I'm not even aware of. Really wish I could simply record my attack and post here, but it basically is the exact same thing he did so it wouldn't help much anyway.
You in FBGs?

I need to watch these. I wouldn't ever consider healing a hound. In fact, that could run you the wrong way. Most of my non 3stars are linked to hounds not popping and having nothing to cleanup.

I use heals when a pack of loons runs straight at a cluster of teslas with no cover.
See.. with the hound healed I think it can move beyond the first AD to the second across base, and then die and pop. Hence you need 2 hounds for 4 ADs. The third hound really is for the AQ I believe, wait until it pops then heal/rage the pups over the queen, 4 pups* will melt a level 25 AQ in a handful of seconds.

*- should read 4 raged pups

You in FBGs?
Honda. Attack on #4

For base 3 planning on going hound and 5 loons under rage for all 4 AA. Hoping to get enough stuff dead in this initial blitz that cleanup is ez.

Then, heroes deal with whatever cc is left. wallbreak to get close to the TH, then queen backed with healers take the th out. healers.

I never get better than 2 stars on mid/late TH9s with laloon. But then my hounds are still lvl1 from K-Mart so that could be a factor.

See.. with the hound healed I think it can move beyond the first AD to the second across base, and then die and pop. Hence you need 2 hounds for 4 ADs. The third hound really is for the AQ I believe, wait until it pops then heal/rage the pups over the queen, 4 pups* will melt a level 25 AQ in a handful of seconds.

If you watch the latest one hive 3 pups took down a L40 queen in one of the latest raids. :jawdrop:

If you watch the latest one hive 3 pups took down a L40 queen in one of the latest raids. :jawdrop:
That Red Line vs Clash Heads video was awesome.

It's kinda funny that GoWxxx is useless, air attacks and hogs are "in" right now, but there still seems to be a big emphasis on walls. Personally if I grinded out lava walls only to find them being flown or hopped over every war, I would absolutely lose mind.

So being one that has pulled this off in the past, take a look at this https://flic.kr/p/rBeg6K. Looks like a prime candidate for this lavaloon attack, no? It's the base I have to crush tonight, lavaloon first came to mind when I saw it but watching his videos it makes me almost 100% thats what needs to happen.

Poke holes

Gowipe is for TH10vTH10 only in high level clans. I really don't even think that's up for debate anymore. If you see any of the 3 star guides none of them mention gowipe gowiwi or they go out of their way to discourage it. It's simply a waste and makes baby jesus cry.

I love it when our opponents use gowipe on us. It's a complete waste of an attack. Once I see them do it 3 or 4 times I know we've won the war. If they lead off with 4 or 5 non golem raids I get nervous.

A 2 star gowipe hurts the clan far more than getting 0 from a lavaloon. When I see an attack vs. a mid TH9 startup I peek in and as soon as I see it's some ####ty golem raid I shut it off. I already know the outcome. Yeah, you can do a safe gowipe late for 2 but lately we've not needed that. Why? because the other clan is still in the gowipe rut.

Crazy to just dismiss it altogether.

If they are low on higher level attacks and we haven't made much progress on their th9s, or theyve been zero starred previously by a loon or hog attack, there's absolutely a place for this - in almost every war. It's a math and statistics game, not a risk/reward game at that point. That's when I advocate using them where needed. We've needed 2 stars on TH9s in recent wars. A star in the hand is worth 2 stars in the bush.
If you settle for a 2 star on a th9 you've given one away. It's really that simple.
It's really not that simple. Quattro, and other clans that are not FBGs, are not fighting wars where all of the TH9's are three-starred. Some of us are still learning lavalooning, some are early TH9's who don't have level 2 hounds yet. So often times there's a TH9 on the other team that has zero or one star on it from a failed first attack. If the math works out well (i.e. we're in comfortable position to win but haven't nailed it close yet which I think is most of our wars), there's nothing wrong with picking up two stars on a GoWiPe. You are only "giving one way" if you assume there's an infinite number of 3-star lavaloon attacks in the queue, which just isn't the case everywhere.

That all said, GoWiPe is definitely not something we'd want as a first round attack, nor is it always best for a second round attack. But it can have a role, and it's not a bad thing to have in the toolbox, which is pretty much all that anyone has said.

Additionally, I actually used a GoWiPe to bang out a star on a TH10 last war to get our last bit of XP. Maybe a loonian would've done the same, but I'm not quite comfortable bum rushing inferno towers with skulls yet, so I went with three golems and thre pekkas to make sure I got the star.

Pats, I know you are down under. Are you from there. I need to know whether I should read your posts with an Australian accent

Pats, I know you are down under. Are you from there. I need to know whether I should read your posts with an Australian accent
#### no. From Massachusetts. Moved here in 2009 as part of my "Meeting a copy in a bar" fishing trip. Decided I liked the universal healthcare and stayed.

#### no. From Massachusetts. Moved here in 2009 as part of my "Meeting a copy in a bar" fishing trip. Decided I liked the universal healthcare and stayed.
great now I have to read your posts with a Bahston accent which is even more annoying. :wink:

How are the chicks out there

It's kinda funny that GoWxxx is useless, air attacks and hogs are "in" right now, but there still seems to be a big emphasis on walls. Personally if I grinded out lava walls only to find them being flown or hopped over every war, I would absolutely lose mind.
That's been my philosophy since TH8. I save all my gold for defensive buildings cuz I figure the only thing walls defend against are gowipes, which are 2star attacks anyway. Only laloon and hogs are capable of 3starring a decent TH9, so I'm leaving the rest of my purple walls till the end to upgrade to skulls.

How much would it cost to have a koala and a wombat FedEx'd to California?
:lmao: funniest thing i'll read all week

:lmao: funniest thing i'll read all week
I think I'd ship in separate boxes....

Koalas are vicious as ####. They have the cute/cuddly reputation, but they've got badass class and teeth and they can be quite aggressive. We had one in a a tree near our old apartment once, one time my wife walked outside and it dropped from the tree and began to run directly at her. She got the #### back inside.

Of course, they are nothing compared to the spiders and sharks.

That's been my philosophy since TH8. I save all my gold for defensive buildings cuz I figure the only thing walls defend against are gowipes, which are 2star attacks anyway. Only laloon and hogs are capable of 3starring a decent TH9, so I'm leaving the rest of my purple walls till the end to upgrade to skulls.
I've got about 45% skulls, 55% lego. I was going to wait until I got to 100% to push the TH10 button, but I don't really see the point. I have enough walls to make the inner core of my bases lego, and yeah, at the end of the day, you're defending against attacks that you really don't mind seeing.

I'm still waiting to push the button, but it's because of heroes, not walls.

So being one that has pulled this off in the past, take a look at this https://flic.kr/p/rBeg6K. Looks like a prime candidate for this lavaloon attack, no? It's the base I have to crush tonight, lavaloon first came to mind when I saw it but watching his videos it makes me almost 100% thats what needs to happen.

Poke holes
He shows two different strategies. One sent all 3 hounds at the same AD to then circle the base together with 1 popping conviniently above the AQ while going from one AD to the next. The replay vs. enemy clan's #1in the middle of the video. In the other you take on two ADs at a time, then cross the base to take the other two ADs at the same time. His replay vs. enemy #2 at the end of the video. (this is the strategy I used)

On your target I would do the 3 hounds at one AD attack. 3 hounds at the NW AD and favor the west side of the AD so the hounds move counterclockwise around the base. Skulls come in from west. Once your first hound pops drop a rage and heal on the pups (this should happen over the queen). Next rage and heal whenever.

Not sure how I would trigger their CC, but I'd lure to the west corner so AQ follows loons to base.

BTW anyone please feel free to poke holes in mine, I've only done this once.

What do you think of the PEKKA truck?
~~~~~~▄ ▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌

~~~▄▄██▌ PEKKA TRUCK

▄▄▄▌▐██ GET ON OR GET RUN OVER

███████▌.▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌

(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(O)(O)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀

~~~▄▄██▌ PEKKA TRUCK

~~~▄▄██▌ PEKKA TRUCK

How about a PEKKA CONVOY???? A Honda original :thumbup:

The PEKKA Truck is the best TH8 attack in the book. Can't be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread